• Published 4th Nov 2012
  • 7,441 Views, 65 Comments

The Odd Life Of ScrewBall - Mr.RealityTheBrony



When ScrewBall is left alone without her Daddy Discord, she is forced to take over as ruler of Chaos

  • ...
7
 65
 7,441

The End

"This is the day" Screwball thought to herself. " Today is the say of the field trip" She thought to herself grimly.

She was sitting at the Apple family's breakfast table, barely noticing the conversations going on around her. She was in her own state of mind, which raced with anxiety and fear. Her father would defiantly be angry at her. Of this she was certain. And there was basically no way out of the situation. She feared for the worse, and she was correct to be anxious about it. Screwballs thoughts were interrupted as Scootaloo snapped her back into reality.

" Hey Screwball, what are you thinking about?" Scootaloo asked curiously. "You seem kind of out of it this morning"

" Its nothing, don't worry about it" Screwball snapped at Scootaloo, She was not intentionally trying to hurt Scootaloo's feelings, she was just very scared for her friends safety and herself.


Scootaloo flinched at Screwballs outburst and hurt washed over her face. The rest of the breakfast was awkward for everyone, including Screwball. Thankfully, they were finally on their way to school. All the girls were walking towards the schoolyard when something big and menacing got in the way. And not only one thing, but three. To Screwballs surprise, it was the three colts she had beaten up on the first day of school (which felt so far away to her) She wasn't scared of them, she had taken them out once, she could easily do it again. No, they weren't going to hurt her, but Screwball kept her guard up on the slim chance of another confrontation. What they did do surprised her even more.

"W-We're sorry that we tried to beat you and your friends up" The leader said shakily, he was obviously still afraid of Screwball and didn't seem comfortable around her.


" Yeah! Us too" The other two piped in, unlike their leader ( Who Screwball found out his name was Quarterback later on) they weren't as frightened since they hadn't been beaten up as bad.

"Just don't try it again" Screwball said flatly, she knew she was being rude but didn't care, she just wanted to get to school.

Screwball continued to class as the other fillies stared at her in disbelief. They were surprised at their friends sudden outburst and were also mad at her. They also continued to class begrudgingly. Class had barely begun when Cherilee announced that the field trip would start immediately. At this point, Screwball began to hyperventilate and freak out. She was freaking out so much that she didn't even notice that they were all walking out the door with fillies having random conversations on different subjects. She didn't even notice that they were at the maze. She suddenly looked up horrified to see her fathers statue. She looked around to see if her friends were around her.


She was horrified to find that they were right next to her, talking about how SweetieBelle was a dictionary. She backed away from them slowly. Cherilee continued to talk about the statues and what they represent. The three fillies soon realized that there friend was missing and they went out to find her. They found her under a bench a little bit away from the statue. She was holding her head because of the pain she was experiencing. Her father was yelling at her, questioning her on the Cutie Mark Crusaders and her blatant disregard of his advice. He was not happy at all.

"Are you okay" Sweetiebelle asked

"You're not looking so good" Scootaloo said

"Go away, i don't want to talk to you " Screwball snapped " I'm tired of you guys always letting yourselves in my business"

The CMC were obviously hurt by Screwballs sudden outburst. And they didn't let her get away with it either, the four of them fought while the rest of the class walked away. Screwball was getting very verbal and physical to the Cutie Mark Crusaders when she saw the eerie light coming from an unknown area. She, of course was busy trying to defend herself and paid no attention to it. Little did she know that this was just the beginning of a increasingly horrible today.

" Hello daughter, i'm expecting an apology" Discord said in his usual tone that held a tint of aggression.

Ever have one of those moments were fear grips you're very insides and you realize that there was a shitstorm about to happen? Yeah, it's one of those days. Screwball slowly turned around, there her father stood at twice the size of the Statue he was imprisoned in. And he did not look happy at all.

"Hey Daddy, I can explain" Screwball squeaked " I met them and we got to know each other, their really nice and -"

Wham, she could barely begun to explain herself before she was slapped across the face by her father. She flew about 5 feet back. She quickly brushed away the blood that was trickling down her open cut on her cheek. She was more shocked than hurt.

"Why, why would you do that daddy?" Screwball said frightened, this time her friends weren't there going to help her.

" When I tell you something and you agree to my comment" Discord said grimly " I fully expect you to stick to that promise, now that i am free we have some things to do daughter"

Screwball was having one of those moment where your minds racing. (Is he really here,why'd he hit me, should I help him?) All these things were racing through her mind. But the main thing that stuck in her mind was should she help him or not? He was her father, she said she would help him, and her friends were obviously mad at her. On the other hand, she loved her friends, and her father was kind of a jerk. She glanced at her friends, the were huddled in a group together, staring at Screwball why they shivered uncontrollably. It was like the first day of school all over again. As she stared at her friends, she made her decision. Her friends were more important her father. She had a new family, and a new home. She wasn't going to lose them. Oh screw it.

Screwball rushed at Discord. Getting ready to land one right on his stupid face. Discord teleported from his spot at the last second, leaving Screwball to hit the ground hard. Screwball realized that she was',t going to be able to get close to him, not without taking a beating. She tried every trick she knew, every chaotic power she knew, with little to no luck. She was able to get in one or two punches before getting counter attacked and receiving a broken nose. Screwball could not take much more, she was tired,dirty and beaten, Rarity would have a fit if she knew how she looked at the moment. Speaking of Rarity, where were the elements of harmony. Screwball practically face hoofed. They were at Canterlot on royal business. She was alone.


Discord picked up Scootaloo by the mane and threw her against a statue. Scootaloo looked bad, there blood trickling down her face. Discord was making his way towards Sweetiebelle and Applebloom before Screwball intervened, exhausted as she still tried to help her friends. Discord merely brushed her aside as if she were a fly. Applebloom and Sweetiebelle tried to run away before they were stopped almost immediately by Discord. He picked them both up and squeezed them as they tried to wriggle out of his grasp.

"You're friends will betray you one day Screwball,the moment they can, they will get rid of you"


"No, you're wrong. You will always be wrong about my friends. You don't seem to grasp that these are my friends, I would do anything for them and they would do anything for me. More than you would, NOW SCOOTALOO" Screwball yelled

Discord had fallen into her trap, she had been planning this with Scootaloo since she had tried to intervened with Discord. The plan had gone perfectly, Scootaloo (with what little energy she had) had flew towards Discord at a fast speed. Every one was surprised at this sudden outburst of energy, even Scootaloo. Screwball took her opportunity to attack why Discord was distracted. She came in close, with a bone crunching punch to the jaw,oh but she didn't stop there. The shitstorm had only begun. No, she began to punch him in the stomach until he joust about coughed up blood, she than grabbed him by the tail and threw him into a nearby building. Screwball practically flew towards him as fast as she could. He was on the ground trying to catch his breath. Screwball grabbed him by the neck and spoke in a quiet demeaning voice.

" If you ever try to hurt my friends again, i won't stop beating you, I will kill you." Screwball said

Screwball tossed him on the ground and stepped on his throat lightly. She was about to do something she'd never done before. Screwball gathered all her energy and let it out all in a burst. She was going to turn her father into stone, forever, this time. Before she could finish the spell, Discord used his own powers to give her a goodbye present. Discord was once again entrapped in his cold prison. But there was no time to rejoice, Discord had succeeded in casting a curse on her. Screwball was slowly turning to stone, from the hoof up. Screwballs friends ran up to her.

" I don't have alot of time, so let me talk. I love you guys and I want you to do anything you can to live a normal life, with or without me. I probably won't make it but don't cry about it, go back to Ponyville and get the Elements of Harmony to lock up Discord where he wont ever be a problem again" Screwball was beginning to cry again, and so were the CMC, the stone was up to her neck. " What a horrible night for a curse" Screwball said with a smile.

The stone passed over her smile. She was a statue. All of the fillies huddled around their friend, until someone came and saw the wreckage from the fight and got help.

1 year later

The Cutie Mark Crusaders continued to live the next year as normally as they could, for Screwball, it was the least they could do. Screwball had saved their flanks on more than one occasion, and she would've done it again. Scootaloo recovered from her injuries, and with a little help from Rainbow Dash, she learned how to fly properly. Applejack started apple bucking and made a new outhouse for the family. Sweetiebelle earned her cutie mark for singing when she did a concert that was in memory of Screwball. The girls lived there lives as normally as they could after they dealt with a loss of a friend. Celestia honored Screwball with her own spot in the gardens, Declaring her Ponyville s savior. A rank almost as good as Element Of Harmony.The girls visit the statue everyday. Maybe one day, they can figure out how to save their friend.

____________________________________________

Comments ( 14 )

Well, this story comes to an end. I've been trying to put it off for a long time but it had to be done. I'd like to thank Jet (my prereader) and Sneaky. I'm planning on a second story and this one will be alot better. (P.S there's a Castlevania 2 reference in there somewhere, props to whoever points it out):twilightsmile:

I think that the line "what a horrible night for a curse" is from castlevania

1798581
As i progressed in the chapters, I was reading Stephen KIng, so i kinda started using his writing style.

Haha thanks to me? All I did was critique your first couple of chapters.

I guess I'll write my onion on this one as well. The spelling errors did annoy me, but I liked the story too much for that to get in the way.

I see your writing in whole getting better and better with each chapter. It literally gets better each chapter lol.

And by the way, Discord is a terrible father. Who breaks their daughter's nose then turns them into stone? :trixieshiftright:

Now that Discord is reformed, there is potential for a sequel here. :pinkiehappy:

You know now that the maze is at Canterlot right?

The moment i saw this i imediatly said: "Okay.... Favorite, read later, like." and then i wrote this.:raritystarry:

 " What a horrible night for a curse"

Castlevania 2? Lol
Me likey this story.

2772246 You do know that Screwball snuck to Canterlot every night, right? :trollestia:

this story is sooo cute :rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy: i really love reading screwball story's but this is perfect

Boooo!!! ...eh I don't know about this story ...I can't really decide what I feel about it but that ending was kinda bad ...:fluttershysad:

Sequel sequel please:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment