• Published 4th Nov 2012
  • 7,440 Views, 65 Comments

The Odd Life Of ScrewBall - Mr.RealityTheBrony



When ScrewBall is left alone without her Daddy Discord, she is forced to take over as ruler of Chaos

  • ...
7
 65
 7,440

Chapter 3

Screwball was happily humming to her stuff as she was lost in thought. She was having the best day ever, and it wasn't even over yet! Not only had Screwball managed to kick some flank and gain three new friends, but she was also invited to a sleepover. Although she wasn't entirely sure what a sleepover was, she was sure it would be something fun. She was so lost in thought that she had actually managed to walk right into Discords statue.

"Oomph" The pink filly yelped " Oh, Hey there Daddy" She said through a blush " Sorry, Didn't see you there"

" No problem daughter" Discord said with his usual booming voice " But alas, I can tell theres something on your mind, Perchance, a certain colt has caught your eye?" He telepathed with a chuckle.

" Daaaad!" Screwball exclaimed " I'm only a filly. But what did happen today was that i got three new friends, There names are Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and -

" WHAT?" Discord boomed " You are friends with the sisters of the ponies that entrapped me in this prison?" He said, his anger growing. " I forbid it!"

" But Dad, they are not like them, they're different." Screwball squeaked. She decided that it was best to not tell him about Rarity, or the sleepover, but especially the fight.

" I do not want to hear it daughter, This conversation is over" He said, trying to regain his composure. " Now let us start with your lesson, today we make it rain, Chocolate Rain!"

The rest of the lesson continued without any problems, Screwball was able to make a small rain cloud, or rather cotton candy cloud, and made it rain a little. Not much, but enough to fill a glass with it. Discord was of course, not able to use his Chaos, so he patiently instructed her on how to do it. The whole time, Screwballs mind was racing on how fast she could get to the sleepover. She was obviously going to disobey her father's orders and wanted to get there fast. When it ended, She hurriedly said goodbye and ran to town. As soon as she arrived, she realized that she had no idea where the boutique was located, let alone what it was. She saw a colt near Sugarcube Corner, his cutie mark was a picture of a bee and some butter. Odd was what her first thought but she still approached him.

"Excuse me sir, but do you know where the boutique is? Screwball said "I'm new to town" She was almost telling the truth since she was living on the outskirts of the town and rarely went to the town.

"Why yes, I do" The colt said " It is right there" He said pointing at the huge building only ten feet away from them. " You shouldn't be out this late little filly, there are strange people around.

This seemed even more odd to her since it was only around four o'clock, but she shrugged it off and went on her way. She grew more fearful as she approached the boutique since that colt didn't seem so faithful when it came to directions. But her fear subsided when she knocked on the door and was welcomed inside by Rarity. She was then greeted almost immediately by her three friends, The Cutie Mark Crusaders. they all exchanged greetings, and Screwball was led to the the back room where the girls had obviously been playing. Screwball still had no idea how a sleepover worked but she assumed that she would sleep on something. The girls played for hours with occasional appearances by Rarity, bringing food and dress up clothes to put on. As the night went on, Screwball found out that a sleepover was when you go to sleep and a friends house. She found this out when she was asked by SweetieBelle where they wanted to sleep. They decided it'd be best to sleep in the living room. A few hours later, when the rest of the Cutie Mark Crusaders had fallen asleep, Screwball got up to shuffle to the bathroom. As she came back out to find the front door was open slightly. Perplexed, she made her way into Rarity's room, where she was wearing her sleeping mask and her robe. Screwball woke her up and was greeted by a dramatic awakening.


"Oh whatever is it, i need my beauty rest to be the best" Rarity said pulling off her mask. " Oh hello there Screwball, what seems to be the problem>"

"I'm sorry for waking you Miss Rarity, But do you usually leave your front door open when you go to sleep?"

" No, why do you ask darling?" But Rarity's question was answered as she heard loud a loud noise from downstairs, followed by three screams. Both of them flew down the stairs to be greeted by a broken vase on the floor and Applebloom held by none other than the same colt Screwball asked directions from earlier. AppleBloom was writhing in his hold.

" Stop right there, and nopony gets hurt" The colt said menacingly.

" Let her go you rapscallion" Rarity screamed at the thief.

"Not until you give me all your bits first" He said. "Right now"

Rarity scurried off, frantically looking for her jewels and money. But Screwball just couldn't let Miss Rarity be stolen from. Especially by this weirdo. Celestia knows what he would do with those bits. Screwball looked around the room and saw the other two fillies shivering in the corner, staring with pleading eyes at Screwball, She only had one moment to act, she mustered all her energy and made a huge cotton cloud appeared right over the colt. He looked up with eyes as round as saucers.

"What in Celestia?" he said, shocked as chocolate rain fell down

"NOW" Screwball yelled to Applebloom. Applebloom reacted as fast as she could and bucked the colt in the knees, making him buckle down in pain. It was as if time slowed down while Screwball galloped at him hoof ready. As she got closer, she jumped and punched him in the side of the face. Sending him flying against the wall. Rarity ran in with a bag of bits and jewels when she stopped dead in her tracks.

"What happened" She said, followed by a whimper as she saw the puddle of chocolate on the rug.


"Screwball saved us!" All three fillies said. "She distracted the bad colt and then punched him" Screwball could only blush as they all hugged her in happiness, even Rarity. Afterwards, Rarity went out and called the guards, as the girls tied the colt up in ropes. He was soon escorted off by the guards and the girls were left all alone. They all tried to get back to sleep but to no avail. The excitement from the past few hours had rattled them all. Rarity decided it'd be best if they all had an early, early, breakfast. Afterwards, the girls played again for a few hours and Screwball was officially made a Cutie Mark Crusader even though she already had one. In addition of becoming a member. She was shown the clubhouse. But after awhile, the girls parted ways and Screwball made her way to her cottage. Only to find it being moved into.