• Published 29th Oct 2012
  • 5,872 Views, 139 Comments

Twilight for a Day - Mike the Red



A middle-aged man wakes to find himself transformed into Twilight Sparkle

  • ...
40
 139
 5,872

Sequel Information and Story Timeline

The sequel to this story is "What Does it Mean to be a Prince."
The sequel to that story is "Tasavir's Little Ponies."
The first spin-off of this story is "Free to Good Home: Talking Pony."
The sequel to the first spin-off is "Children of Chaos."
The sequel to that story is "The Trouble with Time Travel."
The second spin-off of this story is "The Fashionista's Dilemma."
The sequel to that story is "Brenda's Big Adventure."
The spin-off sequel to "The Fashionista's Dilemma" is "Why Did I Choose to be Trixie."
A second spin-off sequel to "The Fashionista's Dilemma" is "A Changeling Queen by Any Other Name."
A spin-off of "Why Did I Choose to be Trixie" is "Sexy Times."
The third spin-off to this story is "I Am Twilight Sparkle."

I would like to personally thank everyone who has read, favorited, upvoted, or even chosen to follow me. You have my deepest appreciation. To those who have down-voted, I would appreciate feedback of some sort or another, but please don't simply post emoticons, as those don't provide enough detail as to what I'm not doing right.

Thanks again!

-Mike

Comments ( 18 )

LOUD NOISES!!!!!
Well I personally think it all escalated WAY to quickly, it feels rushed tbh.
most of the stuff that happened in the story seemed WAY to convenient most of the time, and there were really no challenges for him to face that had any major impact, he just simply win instantly every time, you might also want to stretch it more next time you write a story, the story it self were good, don't get me wrong, it just seemed to rushed, and left to much to be wished for while reading it.
But still I liked it despite that.

2442382 This was actually my first published story. I believe my writing has improved somewhat since this story (see Why Did I Choose to be Trixie or The Trouble with Time Travel).
Thanks again for the kind words! :twilightsmile:

3015546 Thank you for your kind words. This story serves as the basis for many of my follow-up stories, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. :twilightsmile:

3492261 Thanks for all the comments -- this was my first published story on this site, and I believe my writing has improved somewhat since then. Thanks again for reading and commenting on it. :twilightsmile:

I remember a story about a teenager girl that woke up one day as Twilight, only she was still in the human world, anypony has any clue where to find it?

This is definitely the BEST fanfic I have ever read. Definitely going to read the sequels :D
Plus i followed you. :)

This was sssuch an awesome story. I loved near the end the quickness that happened even if it made it feel slightly jumpy.
:pinkiehappy:

4236258 Wasn't exactly what I pictured...:rainbowlaugh:

well i stumbled into this, the flow was a bit to fast at the start then went into hyper speed at the end.
not something i enjoyed truthfully. it made it feel like he was telling this story to a child as a bedtime story and was rushing it.

I also must say the character is a bit OP at the start and seems to be a jack of all trades/boastful.

if he has that much magic and he is worried about his wife cheating he could jsut read her mind.

if he is as powerful as he claims, he should be able to set the earth to rotate by itself for several days which would allow him to do other things, like goof around in equestria.

i duno i still thumbed this up, there were enough funny moments to make make me give it a thumbs up instead of a thumbs down. I guess I want to say you could have ended the story at his magic car asking him about pony transformations and then went onto other stories from there.

some of it's sinoffquels look interesting i will look into them.

4640605 Thanks for the comments. This piece was my second story published to this site, so if it seems rushed, it's largely because I was still somewhat new to writing fan fiction. I still need to work on pacing, as some stories work better with a slower flow. :twilightsmile:

4646321 my name is michael too,..:pinkiegasp:

5063433 My sister's name is Brenda.

6372250 It was an 8 ounce package of sharp cheddar, which she cut slices from to place on the crackers...I suppose she could have made grilled cheese sandwiches, but she was in a hurry.

6403254 ... YOU ARE AWESOME MAH MAHN!! :yay:

Sequel of some sorts?

11461582
I think what I posted here represents a fleshing out of the original story tree, as it were.

Login or register to comment