• Published 10th Oct 2012
  • 740 Views, 2 Comments

The Ones That Didn't Quite Make The Cut - Bluebirdd065



Stories I began to write, but quickly ignored,'cause they seemed suckish or I got stuck.

  • ...
 2
 740

Unfortunately.

This was mean't to be a HiE fic, but I stopped 'cause.....it's an HiE fic. Kinda hard to be original with those![/b

++++++

For unknown reasons, I felt...warm. I felt as if I was under water. I felt the space around me, where my fingers touched oak. Some sort of wood, as if I was in a barrel. I stuck my hand up and felt a small patch of air. I brought my face towards the very top and gasped, face to face with more wood. I held there, my mind set only on survival, instead of the obvious questions like 'why am I in a barrel' or 'is this a dream'. Seconds later, I noticed the fluids within the barrel draining. I stood perfectly still until all the fluids drained, and I began to struggle within the barrel. It bobbed and weaved before falling sideways. I then concentrated on the lid, breaking it slowly by kicking it. When the lid broke off, I was greeted by the warm glow of the sun, and I began to wiggle out, bit by bit until I was out.

I tried to squeeze out as much of the liquid from my shirt as I could before looking up. In front of me were hundreds of dead-silent ponies, all gazing at me with their huge lemur-like eyes. I pinched myself and winced, now knowing this was no dream. I couldn't really focus on the residents before me, and I had no idea whether they were hostile or not, so I turned around and ran for my life. Not soon after I started running, I heard galloping behind me, becoming louder and louder every second. I ran into a forest of apple trees, maneuvering them in an attempt to lose my tail, but the sounds behind me only grew louder and louder. My heart began thumping at amazing speeds as I neared a fence leading to freedom. I relaxed a bit as the sound dimmed a bit, and was right near the fence. Just then, right before my escape, a rope flew into the air and grabbed my neck, slamming me into the ground and forcing my head to a large rock. I merely gazed into the sky, overwhelmed with pain as I laid there. Seconds after, an orange equine followed, blocking the sun from my eyes and staring at me with a concerned look. I stared at the pony blankly before the realization hit me.

"Applejack?"

She just lifted her brow at me, then boom, out like a light.

++++++

My head burned from the inside as I peeled my eyelids open, seeing that night had fallen from the windows before me. I propped myself up with my elbows and looked around, seeing all the decorations littered across the walls. Soon after, the door was opened to reveal Applejack once again, walking toward me. If it had been a regular day, I would've died of happiness from seeing my favorite pony, but this was far from regular. She stood in front of me, regret showing heavily in her eyes. She took off her hat and held it to her chest.

"Ah am truly sorry what Ah did t' ya." she slurred.

I had wanted to say something, but my mind couldn't pick the right words, leaving me completely silent, gazing unto the mare's eyes blankly.

Comments ( 1 )
Comment posted by Bluebirdd065 deleted Oct 26th, 2013
Login or register to comment