• Published 10th Oct 2012
  • 740 Views, 2 Comments

The Ones That Didn't Quite Make The Cut - Bluebirdd065



Stories I began to write, but quickly ignored,'cause they seemed suckish or I got stuck.

  • ...
 2
 740

The Times We Once Knew

This was meant to be a sad/happy fic, Applejack's being sad, and Applebloom's being happy. The story itself was gonna be about Granny Smith and Big Mac dying, leaving Sweet Apple Acres to crumble beneath the sisters' hooves and endangering Ponyville. It was going to be sorta like a 'choose your own adventure' type thing.

++++++

The day had been an average one: Applejack and her brother harvesting apples; Applebloom and her friends trying to find their special talents, and Granny Smith taking her afternoon nap. Just a normal day. Until a large order of one hundred crates of apples were ordered from Manehattan for their upcoming Apple Festival. Due to the large amount of bits needed for postage, Big Mac decided to help Granny Smith with the delivery by hoof, leaving Applejack to tend the apples. Applebloom had also stayed back due to her age, and reluctantly stayed with her sister at Sweet Apple Acres.

The two sisters had been able to maintain the farm with a little help from Rainbow Dash, who helped buck apples, Twilight Sparkle, who helped with sales and such, Fluttershy, who helped with the cattle, Pinkie Pie who helped with sweets and produce, and finally, Rarity, who helped with signs, posters, advertisements, etc. The farm had run quite smoothly....for a time.
And recently, the Flim Flam brothers had come up with a "motorized wagon", and had sold prototypes to rich Manehattans. And, unfortunately, one of those wagons had crushed two members of the Apple Family due to brake failure, leaving the two sisters to maintain Ponyville's main source of their economy: Sweet Apple Acres.

It begins.

++++++

"It just ain't fair.." Applejack choked.

Applebloom nodded as she stood by her sister, both crying freely under the rain, being face to face with their once lively family members. The two remained in the rain, ignoring their friends behind the two. Twilight was the first to speak up, slowly walking to the others, her mane drenched with tears and rain over her friends loss.

"Applejack, nopony could have known this was gonna happen. You shouldn't beat yourself over this." she said calmly.

Applejack slowly hung her head even lower, and Applebloom began sobbing again.

"Twilight, you're not helping the situation." she gritted, watching her sister experience this traumatizing moment.

Upon the farm pony's hostile tone, the lavender mare backed up, settling beside her friends, all mourning over the death in the air. The gloomy situation had stayed for hours, everyone staying still in their spots to be there for their friend. The two sister's had been completely oblivious to the time they spent there, both remembering the good times with their newly-deceased family members and grasping the idea of their passing, hoping it to just be a nightmare and not an actual occurrence.
A loud crackle was heard from the thunder, roaring above the mares before light hail showered the mares. Applejack had ignored the pain, still staring blankly at the two graves in front of her. Applebloom slowly backed up under Rarity's umbrella and watched as her sister kept still, still weeping under the loud crackles of the hail.

Twilight couldn't bear to see her friend like this, so she walked over to her and proceeded to teleport her broken friend to her house, where she hugged her immediately. Applejack returned the hug, her mood brightening a bit as she soaked Twilight's coat in tears of denial and depression.

Twilight began weeping softly as she attempted to comfort her friend. "It's alright, Applejack, we'll get you over this. We're here for you."

Applejack choked on her tears as she began to talk. "T-t-thank you-" She sniffed. "Twilight, t-thank y-y-you."

++++++

Applejack rose from her dreamless sleep as she yawned and rolled out of her bed, proceeding to stumble down the stairs and onto the first floor. Applejack was confused for a second at the lack of a breakfast smell in the air, until yesterday crawled back into her mind, forcing a frown on it as she hung her head low, before heading back to her room, wanting to sleep away the depression invading her mind at the time.

++++++

"So what are we gonna do today?" Scootaloo asked her friends excitedly, getting pumped for another day of fun and misadventures with them.

Sweetie Belle stood quiet, only tilting her head towards Applebloom, who was staring at the floor blankly.

"Oooh, yeah." Scootaloo whispered with a disappointed tone as she walked over to her friend.

She nudged her friend softly. "Hey, you alright?" she asked softly, knowing the answer to her question.

Applebloom only looked up and gave her friend a forced smile, which was extremely hard to do under her circumstances.

"No, I'm fine." she said. "So, what are we going to do today?"


Choose a sister's story. (Or just read both, doesn't matter.)

Applejack (Next Chapter) Applebloom (Continue This Chapter)

sad and dark happy and joyful


You've chosen Applebloom's story! (You rock, woohoo!)

The three fillies stood over a large cliff, only Scootaloo looking forward to crashing into something.

"Uh, Scootaloo, are you sure you wanna do this? It's a prett-"

Before Sweetie Belle finished her sentence, Scootaloo had jumped, cheering as she hung onto the hand glider along with her friends screaming beside her.

"AHHHHH! SCOOTALOO! LOOK OUT FOR THAT TREE!"

CRASH!

The three fillies laid on the ground, covered in tree sap and leaves, all noticing the lack of cutie marks on their flanks.

"Awwwwwwww!" the three fillies groaned in unison.