• Published 23rd Nov 2023
  • 134 Views, 6 Comments

Ciderfest BOAS APP Stories: 86?! - Janicethelight

  • ...
 6
 134

PreviousChapters Next
83. #WhenSomeponyLovedMe

Story

A page flutters through sweet apple acres, floating above the snow covered trees. It wafts close to the house, slipping through the open window adorned with lights. Into the room of a snoring Big Macintosh, the room covered in mistletoe and Holly, before the wind can no longer push it, and it gently slides down, down,down under the bed. Dust bunnies and cobwebs collect beneath the empty area, and only being noticed by one. A small gray plush looks up, mouthless with her eyes of blue and purple buttons.

Carefully scrubbing the dust out of her gray yarn hair, and off her blue spotted pants, Smarty Pants stands up, her head falling over sideways, making her loose purple eye swivel off of her face momentarily before having halfway to her muzzle. She adjusts the wiggly button with her scraggly cloth hooves, helping it adjust closer to her other eye, where it dangles.

Smarty Pants then takes wobbly step after wobbly step to the strange glowing page. She tilts her head, her yearn hair moving with it, and holding the loose eye to keep it from nearly detaching once more. She scratches her head with her patched up hoof. Then, she kneels down, touching the page.

At once, she sees a vision filly Twilight playing with her, brand new, and the both of them play together forever. Smarty Pants shakes her head, her yarn hair hitting the sides of her muzzle. She stops, looking around. On the other side of the bed, she finds what she's looking for: her pen and notebook. She grabs her pen, bent at the middle, and goes back over the the page to write-

"Whoa there, little plushie!" A voice calls out. Smarty Pants freezes, falling in place. Out from under the floor rises a beautiful, ghostly blue pony with braided pigtails wearing a hat, shirt, and skirt all embroidered with snowflakes. Smarty Pants keeps still. "Now, now. You don't gotta play opossum with me! I know every toy's gotta life of it's own! Plus, as you can see, I'm not all alive myself."

Smarty Pants slowly looked the ghost of Hearth's Warming Past up and down before standing up with a nod. She went back towards the paper, quill held high before The ghost of Hearth's Warming past floats in front of her, “Now, wait just a second there. Yer about to make a big decision. Maybe you should think about it first.”

Smarty shakes her head. Past sighs, “Okay, maybe we can think of another way to help you be happy, and see where this wanting is coming from. Let’s learn a little more about ya, Smarty Pants!” Past picks smarty up, galloping off through the barn and up the clouds. When she flies down, they find themselves in Canterlot, at a home near the castle. “Look at this! Yer very first Hearth's Warming!”

Cadence trots in through the window, filly Twilight jumping around her before they do sunshine, sunshine, ladybug’s awake. Cadence smiles, holding out gifts, and giving one to Twilight.

“Really? For me?!” Twilight gasps, opening to reveal a brand new Smarty Pants with blue eyes, more yarn, and a fluffy body. Smarty watches her younger self being swung around by Twily, a matted hoof longingly touching the window. “Yeah, Twilight sure loved you, didn’t she?” Past smiled, hugging Smarty. “And you had all sorts of adventures together.”

Twilight walks through the door, older now. “Twilight, are you sure you have everything you need for your test?” Her mom asks.

Another scene comes, “Mom!” Twilight bawls, “Shining Armor and I were playing, and Brutus Force was too rough on Smarty Pants and-and-” she holds up the one eyed doll, a rip in her arm.”

The next was Twilight holding Smartypants close in bed, a smile on her face.

“Don’t worry, mom. Smarty Pants helped me make a list of all the things I would need! Everything is checked off!” She holds up her doll, hugging it, “You’re the best, Smarty Pants!”

“But, like every Filly, Twilight grew.” Past looks over, “Where’s my quills? Where are my scrolls? I put everything in one place last night. Oh, what if I can’t find anything in time?!” Twilight rushes about, gathering her things. A ratty doll falls over in her haste to grab a book, and dash off. The parents threw the doll in her trunk.

Smarty looks down, wrapping her hooves around her body, “The next time she lifted you up, it was to give you away…you found another that loved you though!”

Past trots over back to the Barn where Big Mac looks around out the door before pulling a doll out, hugging it. “Happy Hearthwarming.” he whispers.

Smarty looks up to past and then hangs her head, “Oh…that didn’t last long either?” The very next Hearth's Warming, you see Big Mac holding the doll.

“Come on, Big Mac!” Applebloom yells.

He sighs, tossing the doll on his bed, where it slips off under. Smarty turns her head away, lowering to the ground before sitting in the snow, holding her knees, her head down, and shaking.

“I’m sorry, Smarty.” Past sits by her, “But, you had that love. You can remember it. You can keep it in your heart, and maybe, instead of changing the ponies you loved before, you can ask that there page to find you a new pony to love you…what do you say?”

Smarty looks up, but Past is no longer there. She’s back under the bed, next to the glowing page. She picks her bent quill up, ready to write.

[CHOICE] What does she write?

> Find me somepony to love me again. (Chaos)

> I want to be with Twily always. (Villain)

[ENDING A: CHAOS]

Find somepony to love me again.

The page glows, Smarty holding her hoof up over her eyes. When she lowers her hoof, she finds herself in a box. “I have a surprise for you!” Twilight’s voice! Smarty perks up, but the moment the box opens, she falls limp. She feels herself picked up by familiar hooves, and sees Twilight's face. She really has grown. Smarty wishes she can smile. “I used to play with her when I was a filly! Now, it’s your turn, Flurry!” Young hooves grab hold of Smarty, hugging her tight, and she feels loved once more. Smarty becomes Flurry’s favorite toy, calming her right down any time she’s upset.

(+1 page for Chaos)

[ENDING B: VILLAIN]

I want to be with Twily always!

The page glows. Smarty holds her hoof over her eyes. When she lowers her hoof, she sees Twily picking her up, “There you are, Smarty! I’ve been looking for you everywhere!” She holds Smarty close. Smarty feels the love she has missed for so many moons. Twily never grows, never ages. Scientists are baffled. Her parents are as well, as they grow old, worrying about their little girl. To their amazement, Smarty never rips, never tears. Her wobbly eye never falls out of her face. Celestia looks into it, confused. “It’s like the two are forever paused.” Celestia gasps.

“What are we going to do, your majesty?” her mother asks.

“I will personally make sure she is taken care of.” Celestia promises.

And she does, but without Twilight growing, and learning, Nightmare Moon comes back without an opponent. She attacks Celestia while Twily watches, holding on terrified to Smarty Pants. They go off, fighting far away.

And eventually, her parents stop visiting, then her brother. Only Cadence stays with her for a long time, changing as well as the world around her to a much less friendly place.

(+1 page for Villains)

Author's Note:

This one made me cry. Poor Smarty Pants. I got this idea from Toy Story 2.

PreviousChapters Next