• Published 23rd Nov 2023
  • 134 Views, 6 Comments

Ciderfest BOAS APP Stories: 86?! - Janicethelight

  • ...
 6
 134

PreviousChapters Next
4. #PrincessCozyGlow

Story

Barley gave you the terrible news. The heroes’ worst fears have been realized. Some Pages have found their way into the hooves of villains. One has found its way to Cozy Glow; the crazy filly bent on using friendship for her own nefarious ends.

You rush over to the School of Friendship, but when you get inside, things are already weird. Creatures everywhere are rushing around, grabbing things, and rushing back. As you make your way to the center of the school, you see Cozy on a throne, now an alicorn. She sneers.

"Oh goodie. New friends!" She steps down to see you. "Barley! You should be happy. With all magic gone, earth ponies will no longer be looked down upon. They can be just as noble as any unicorn. And I see a friend here. What's your name? Ah, [USERNAME], welcome to a new world. One where magic doesn't dictate hierarchy! Isn't it great?"

"You wouldn't consider … giving us the Page … would you, Cozy Glow? As a gesture of kindness?" Barley attempts.

Cozy laughs. "Like that'll happen. No. I have what I wanted. No more magic. No more ponies thinking they're better by wielding it. I just need one more thing. Bring her in!"

Some students dressed as guards bring in Spoiled Milk, shoving her to the middle.

"What is the meaning of this?!" she scoffs before looking at Cozy.

"Do you see me now, Mom?! Now that I am the only pony with power?! I bet you love me now, won't you?! I bet you regret leaving Dad and me now that I am a princess. Well, it's too late. I have all the power and you will always have none!" Cozy laughs crazily.

"Please, Cozy. Having no magic affects more than ponies. It affects the very land, the food, the weather … every aspect of our lives." Barley turns to you, "I don't think she's listening to reason … what should we do?"


[CHOICE] How should you talk with Cozy?
> Continue trying to reason with her using what you know is happening due to no magic. (Chaos)
> Try a new tactic using what you've found out about her motivations. (Hero)
> Support Cozy. (Villain)


[ENDING A: CHAOS]
You continue to try reasoning with Cozy and she just laughs harder. "You hear that, Mother, Dear? The only magic left in the world is friendship, and I have more friends than anypony in all of Equestria! I am the Princess of Magic! You thought that I would grow up to be nothing, but I proved you wrong!"

"Please. Cozy. Come home. I'm sure Filthy Rich will—" Spoiled Milk was interrupted with a laugh.

"Will what? Adopt me? Take me in as his own? Does he even know I exist?! Or how about your perfect daughter? Do either of them have any idea that I am your daughter?!" When Spoiled says nothing, Cozy huffs in anger, "That's what I thought. Well. They'll certainly know now!"

"Let's get outta here. I think that we lost that Page." You whisper. Barley nods in agreement.

The two of you slowly inch your way around Cozy and Spoiled Milk, trying your best not to be seen as Cozy laughs in her mother's face. "Show me your love now, mother! I am higher on the ladder than anypony will ever be in the history of Equestria and you will be on the lowest end for the rest of your life!" Cozy grins menacingly.

"I'm glad her anger has only turned to Spoiled Milk at least." Barley whispers as you both finally get to the door and outside of it.

(+1 page for Chaos)

[ENDING B: HERO]
"Cozy. Your mom was wrong to leave you," Barley starts at your suggestion, "and, to be honest, she's just an all-around horrid pony!"

At this, Spoiled gasps, looking wounded. Barley ignores her, "I can see now why your heart's as cold as the mountains around Yakyakistan! But, to be honest, she, of all ponies, isn't worth all of this. Yes, there is a power to friendship, but only if the friendship is genuine. [USERNAME] and I can see the hurt you feel is genuine, but any response she gives won't be. It'll be made out of fear!"

Cozy stops laughing. "What do you mean?"

"She will only say what she thinks you want to hear. It won't be from her heart. Heck, I doubt she even has one. I'm surprised Filthy has tolerated her for this long … probably for Diamond Tiara's sake."

"Why, I never!" Spoiled huffs.

"Well now ya have, yer highness. Look, Cozy. Anypony who truly cares about you likes ya despite where ya come from socially or what kinda pony you are. They care for who you are. Look at Twilight and her friends. They all come from different backgrounds. You don't deserve somepony who makes you feel like you have to do all of this just to gain her love!"

Cozy looks to Spoiled. She sighs, handing you the Page. "This isn't over. I just … I just need to figure out what I really want, and then I'll come back for that."

(+1 page for Heroes)


[ENDING C: VILLAIN]
"You're right, Cozy!" you exclaim.

Cozy freezes, turning to you. "What did you say?"

"Yeah!" Barley nod. "You know what, magic got us into this whole mess! Magic pages give everyone anything they could ever want, and poor Fizzy is out there somewhere, trying to fix it. If it weren't for magic, she would have just been reading a book, eating some ice cream, and then playing online for hours, but nooooo!"

"And what Spoiled put you through is just wrong!" You nod.

Cozy purses her lips, looking between the two of you for a long moment. Then a friendly smile covers her face as she flutters closer. "How wonderful it is to have more friends! Golly, I can't thank you enough for understanding. Now, mom and I need to have a long conversation. It's been so long since we've seen each other, so we have a lot of catching up to do. Once I'm finished, maybe we can talk about the ways we can change this place. I am a princess after all!" She giggles. "Go on and wait for just a little bit."

"P-please Cozy, you don't understand. Your father and I-we didn't-that is-we didn't…work for each other. I didn't want to leave you." Spoiled starts.

"Oh, don't worry, mother dear, I will make sure you get to be in the place best for you in the new society. How about the town garbage collector!" You hear as you and Barley go into a nearby classroom, waiting to talk about how to make the world better.

(+1 page for Villains)

Author's Note:

I have had the head Canon in my mind forever that Cozy Glow is Spiiled Milk's illegitimate daughter. Happy to finally have a story with that in mind

PreviousChapters Next