• Published 23rd Nov 2023
  • 134 Views, 6 Comments

Ciderfest BOAS APP Stories: 86?! - Janicethelight

  • ...
 6
 134

PreviousChapters Next
58. #SweetSong

Story
Manehatten buzzes with excitement. THE Sapphire Shores is having a premiere concert where she unveils her newest song and a very special surprise. What's even cooler is that Mustard Mark won front row tickets with backstage passes for his essay on 'What My Sibling(s) Mean to Me.' The young flier flips in anticipation, while Deep Dish shakes her head, as you all wait in line to get in. Mustard hums the tune to 'Get Your Pony n' as you step into the immense theater.

The entire place is packed. Ponies from far and wide come together in anticipation of the surprise. Could it be a new album, or perhaps a new tour?

The entire crowd erupts into a roar as Sapphire Shores confidently trots onto the stage. She stands by the microphone, waiting patiently until the uproar dies down. "Hellooo Manehattan! Who here is ready for an amazing concert?" The uproar starts once more. Sapphire waits once more, putting a hoof in the air as a sign for the crowd to hush. The crowd quiets in record time. "I know. I know you are all also excited to hear about the big surprise!" Another roar erupts before being silenced by the Pony of Pop. "Well then, let me let you in on the secret. I have a new singing partner!"

Gasps flow through the hall. Sapphire laughs, "That's right, my fans. Your pop princess sings alone no more. I'm now a part of a duo. And who is this amazing new singer? I'm glad you asked! I am both proud and honored to introduce to you, for her premiere singing debut, my beautiful little sister. The one, the only: Sweetie Belle!"

Lights pan over to the curtain where Sweetie Belle trots out, waving at the crowd timidly. The crowd erupts in cheers and Sweetie smiles. Sapphire waves them back to quiet and announces, "For her debut duet, we decided to sing, Serves Her Right! Take it away, Sweetie Belle!"

The crowd goes entirely quiet as Sweetie Belle belts out the most beautiful rendition of the first stanza, Sapphire Shores stepping in for the duet at the chorus. Angels would weep at the beauty of their harmonies.

After the concert, Mustard takes Deep Dish backstage, whispering confusedly, "I didn't know that Sapphire Shores is related to Sweetie Belle and Rarity."

Deep Dish shrugs as they see Sapphire Shores and Sweetie Belle signing autographs for the other backstage guests.

Deep Dish and Mustard Mark walk up. "Wow!" Mustard shouts happily. "Sweetie Belle! That was the most beautiful singing I've ever heard!"

"Thanks, Mustard!" Sweetie smiles.

"And I had no idea you and Rarity had a third sister!" Mustard continued.

Sapphire chuckles, "Rarity is only a sister in fashion."

"Wha—" Mustard asks.

"Heh-heh…I'll explain the difference to him…be right back, Sis!" Sweetie waves, taking Mustard and Deep Dish further back before she asks, "How do you know about Rarity and me? Nopony is supposed to remember!"

"But…you remember!" Deep Dish counters.

"Yes. Well, that's because I changed it so she wasn't my sister anymore!" Gasps erupt from Deep Dish and Mustard. "I was never able to shine as Rarity's sister. I shine here! I bet she's better off too. All I ever did was get in the way of her dream. This way, I can shine and she can do what she's always wanted without me troubling her! I mean…I miss home and my friends…and I might even miss her sometimes, but this is for the best, right?"


[CHOICE]

What should Deep Dish and Mustard do?

> Respect Sweetie Belle's decision. (Chaos)

> Remind Sweetie Belle's of how much she loves Rarity. (Hero)

[ENDING A: CHAOS]
"I guess it's your decision." Deep Dish shrugs.

"I can't imagine trading your sister, but if you're happy, I guess that's what counts." Mustard shrugs.

"I really love singing with Sapphire. I used to only like show tunes, but I am starting to love her music too, and being out there makes me forget about everything. I don't even think about getting a cutie mark. I just love singing for others!"

Her flank shines and a treble clef appears, "Oh my Celestia! I got my Cutie Mark! See! I'm going to be a song pony!"

"And just in time for our tour. Think of it, Sweetie. A whole year going from one side of Equestria to the other. It'll be Sen-Sational!" Sapphire Shores sings.

(+1 page for Chaos)

[ENDING B: HERO]
"But Sweetie…Rarity is your sister!" Mustard looks to Deep Dish and back. "I know they can be frustrating, but they're also there when you need them most!"

Deep Dish blushes. "I'm sure your sister is having a harder life because you aren't in it. Rarity loves you, Sweetie…even if she forgets to show it from time to time!"

"....You really mean it?" Sweetie asks.

"Pinkie promise!" Deep Dish nods.

Sweetie smiles, changing things back to normal.

(+1 page for Heroes)

Author's Note:

The last of the individuals cmc stories. I had to think hard on what Sweetie would do with a page. Having her sing with Saphire Shores seemed appropriate. Hopefully everyone else feels the same.

PreviousChapters Next