• Published 23rd Nov 2023
  • 134 Views, 6 Comments

Ciderfest BOAS APP Stories: 86?! - Janicethelight

  • ...
 6
 134

PreviousChapters Next
56. #LoveontheFarm

Story

Ponyville is abuzz with excitement. Everypony is whispering about the rumors of a marriage proposal in the works. Big Mac bites his lip in anticipation of the answer to his biggest question ever. The train stops. Big Mac steps an inch closer, raising his head higher to see his possible future bride.

Finally, a pony walks towards Big Mac, obscured by dust. Big Mac shakes with nerves. He swallows hard. The pony steps out, coughing, and Big Mac's pupils turn into hearts at the sight of her. Big Mac clears his throat. "Before you say anything…I just wanted to tell you that you are the apple of my eye. I love you more than bunnies love carrots. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me, Marble Pie?"

Marble blushes. She thinks back to how this all became possible.

Not long ago, Marble had found out the news that Big Macintosh was getting married. Her heart, already broken from finding out that he and Sugar Belle were dating, shattered when she saw the invitation. She jumped onto her bed, bursting into silent tears. It was at that moment that a magic page floated down in front of her with the chance to change the story.

Now she stands in front of the stallion she fell in love with but never got the courage to tell her feelings to. However, as she sees him standing there, awaiting her answer, she starts to worry that maybe she did the wrong thing by changing Big Mac's future with Sugar Belle.

Her heart aches every time she sees him with Sugar Belle. Her mouth goes dry every time she tries to speak. She wants to be with him and only him more than she's wanted anything in her whole life, so why does she feel so torn about it when he's right there, smiling his big smile, awaiting his answer?

What should she do?

[CHOICE]
What should Marble do?

> Marry Big Mac, of course! (Chaos)

> Let Big Mac be with Sugar Belle. (Hero)

[ENDING A: CHAOS]
Marble looks up at Big Macintosh, her cheeks flushed as she murmurs, "Mm-hhmm."

"Mm-hhmm!" Big Mac shouts exuberantly. He rushes over to kiss Marble. The two have a nice, quiet wedding at the Pie Rock farm. Both families watch on both sides of Holder's Boulder. Big Mac is dressed in his finest tux. The Cutie Mark Crusaders prance down the aisles, spreading flowers as they go. Pipsqueak walks down next, rings on a pillow. Pinkie, Limestone, and Maud walk down hoof in hoof with Spike, Discord, and Breburn. Applejack walks down with a second Discord. Finally, Marble trots down in all white with her father who also helps with the vows. "I now pronounce you mare and colt." Pinkie's Dad nods. The friends and family clop their hooves quietly as Marble and Big Mac walk through the lines, ready to start their lives together.

They move in together, sharing their life at the Apple farm. One day, Marble walks out with two fillies who run around after her, smiling as Big Mac puts his hoof around her. They look out into the sunset together with blissful smiles. For a brief moment, her thoughts turn to Sugar Belle.

Far, far away Sugar Belle sighs, looking over as her husband, Feather Bangs, flirt with the girls that always come into the shop but never buy anything. She looks over to her broken shelf that Feather had promised five times to fix. She sighs once more before carefully placing her sweets on the shelf so they don't fall off…again.

(+1 page for Chaos)

[ENDING B: HERO]
Marble looks up at Big Mac. She sees the love in his eyes, but realizes she missed her chance on that love. She never told him her feelings before the page, so he fell for another pony. Now, by changing the story, she took Big Mac's future with Sugar Belle.

It would be so easy to just marry Big Mac if Sugar Belle was a bad pony. But all Marble could think of was the last time Pinkie invited the Apples to their house. Sugar Belle had brought desserts for the whole family based on their tastes. She and Big Mac worked together to fix a shelf that had fallen. She never expected Marble to talk to her, but she still included her when she talked about things going on.

Marble imagines her life with Big Mac. They would live on the apple farm. They would have kids and grow old together. It was all she could ever imagine. She could also imagine Sugar Belle alone. She might find another stallion, but she would never find another Big Mac.

"I've…always loved you…" She barely murmurs, thinking, 'so I have to let you go." She takes the page out, and gives it one last hug of thanks.

An orange glow erupts around the scene. The light slowly dies down to show Sweet Apple Acres. Big Mac trots out smiling broadly. Sugar Belle follows soon after. Big Mac kisses Sugar Belle tenderly before they both trot off together.

(+1 page for Heroes)

Author's Note:

I felt so bad for Marble in Best Gift Ever, but I also love Sugar Bell! So now it's up to the readers to choose.

PreviousChapters Next