• Published 23rd Nov 2023
  • 134 Views, 6 Comments

Ciderfest BOAS APP Stories: 86?! - Janicethelight

  • ...
 6
 134

PreviousChapters Next
3. #GonebutNotForgotten

Story
You hear that somepony at Sweet Apple Acres found a page. Going to Ponyville is easy enough and it doesn't take long to smell the sweet aroma of apples in the air. So far, everything seems...normal. You and Caramel sigh in relief.

As you find your way to the main barn area where the Apples live, you bask in the well-kept farm. "Hey Caramel! Who's yer new friend?" Apple Bloom asks.

"Oh. This is [Insert name]. We're looking for missing pages from a special book. You haven't seen one, have you?"

"Um…about that." Apple Bloom bites her lip, looking away.

"What do I hear about some sort of page?" An unfamiliar voice asks as a peach earth pony with curly goldenrod locks held in a ponytail walks out from the door. "I better not hear that yer ruining yer school books, little lady."

"Now I know our Apple Bloom would never rip out pages. Maybe these fine folks just lost them. Our little one is smart as a tack! She's probably just bein' asked ta help!" A yellow Clydesdale stallion with a red mane and tail and sporting an extremely familiar hat on his head proclaims proudly.

"Uh. That's right. Let me introduce y'all. [USERNAME], Caramel. These are my ma and my pa!" Caramel puts a hoof to her mouth as understanding crosses her eyes. Apple Bloom looks up to you both. "I miiiiiight have use the page to bring em back." She admits sheepishly. "But look. Nothin’ bad’s come outta it. Ma and Pa help Granny Smith with the work in the house and the work outside with Applejack."

As if on cue, Applejack walks out, "Ma. Pa. I think I finally got the recipe just right. Wanna give it a taste?" Applejack holds out a pie to her parents, who sniff it. Granny approaches the smell as well.

"It certainly smells like yer mom's famous pie, but there's only one way to tell. We all gotta taste it!" Granny demands.

"Eeeeeyup!" Big Mac agrees. "Can I get the first bite?"

Pear Butter giggles, messing up Big Mac's mane. "How about we all get a piece and try it together?"

"Yer mom is right as always!" Bright Mac hugs onto Pear Butter. "Let's share this treat and see if Applejack got it perfect, just like Pear Butter."

"Oh stop." Pear Butter blushes, looking up to Apple Bloom. "Ya comin, Apple Bloom? Your friends are welcome to join us for some Apple pie!"

"Oh, uh, I'll be there soon, ma. My friends just wanted to ask me something." Apple Bloom waves them off, as the rest of the family goes in to taste the pie. She turns back to you and Caramel.

"Oh Apple Bloom." Caramel's eyes begin to tear up.

"No one even seems to remember they were gone! And I get to know them!" Apple Bloom continues to explain.

"And…nothing has changed at all?" Caramel asked.

"Well…Applejack's cutie mark is a little different…and I haven't really seen her friends around here at all…and Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo just kind of look at me weird when I ask them why. One of them asked if I was sick."

"Wait so…Applejack isn't an element holder." Caramel asks, shocked. "Why?"

Apple Bloom thought before she spoke, "She told me she left the farm to find herself the day she got her cutie mark, and…and I think she left because she lost them. I know it's wrong. I'm so proud of when my sister saved the world so many times and now…now I have no idea if her absence will turn things to the worst, but I don't want to give them up again. Not when I finally get to see them…see what they like. I felt like a piece of me was missing and only they could fill. What should I do?"



[CHOICE] What should she do?

> She should have a chance to be with her whole family. (Chaos)

> She needs to set things right. (Hero)

> She should edit it so everypony has a chance to be with their lost loved ones. (Villain)

[ENDING A: CHAOS]

Caramel nods, wiping the tears before they dare to spill from her eyes, "I agree with [USERNAME]. We would never ask a little filly to give up the page if it meant giving up her family. And we know it will be safe with you and yours.”

Apple Bloom smiles, tears in her eyes, "Thank y'all fer understandin'. I promise none of those good for nothin villains will get anywhere with this page!"

"We know, Apple Bloom. You go and have a grand time with your folks." Caramel waved the filly off. Then she turns to you and says, "I don't care what anypony says. We did the right thing today!"


(+1 page for Chaos)

[ENDING B: HERO]

Caramel bit her lip to keep from crying, and gave one big breath to calm down before she started, "Apple Bloom…I know…I know it's wonderful to have your folks back. Everypony misses those we lose. They aren't gone. They live in your heart and in your memories."

"But they don't live in my memories! Applejack and Big Mac remember them, but I don't. I want to know them." Tears flowed down Apple Bloom's face.

"Anypony can understand that, honey. However, having them here changed things with Applejack. Do you think she would want that?" Caramel asks.

"Absolutely. If Applejack had to choose between bein' the savior of the world over and over or having our folks back, she would choose our folks cuz she loves them. Who cares if that means we might have to deal with more…bad guys…and hardships and-and I can't do this to her. She loves her friends. She's helped so many ponies. How can I take it away from her…even for them."

Caramel hugs Apple Bloom tight, "It's okay to grieve. You have so many ponies that care about you that are here. Your friends and your family. There are ponies with stories of them. Never be afraid to reach out, little one."

"Thank you." She hands you the page, not looking you in the eyes. "Can I…can I at least say goodbye first?"

Unable to say a word, Caramel nods. "Hey ma, pa, can ya'll come back out here for a second?" Apple Bloom asks, trying her best to keep her tears from flowing.

"Apple Bloom, what's wrong?" Bright Mac asks, worry etched in his voice.

"Did you have a disagreement with your friends?" Pear Butter wonders.

"Uh no…I just…I found out that something I did that I thought was a good thing hurts some ponies I care for…now…I-I…I can't do it!" Tears flow down Apple Bloom's Face, "I used a magic page to bring you two back, but in doing so, I stopped Applejack from helping lots and lots of ponies, so now I gotta change it back. I'm so sorry."

Bright Mac and Pear Butter exchange looks. They both scoop their littlest daughter up, hugging her. "Nothin to be sorry for." Bright Mac shakes his head.

"You're helping your sister, after all. We couldn't be more proud." Pear Butter nods.

"And if we aren't around to see you and yer siblings grow up, I'm glad we got to see you now. Granny raised such a beautiful girl." Bright Mac squeezes his daughter.

"And if you ever need us, look in your heart, and we'll be there." Pear Butter puts a hoof to Apple Bloom's chest before the two let go of the filly.

"Now go on. Do the right thing." Bright Mac nods over to you and Caramel. As Apple Bloom takes out the page, you see Bright Mac hold Apple Butter tight. Apple Butter hides her face in Bright Mac's chest, holding him back, shaking from silent tears. An orange glow surrounds the farm and the parents are gone. Apple Bloom hands the page to you, tears still streaming from her eyes, "I think I'll need to be alone for awhile."


(+1 page for Heroes)

[ENDING C: VILLAIN]

"You know what, Apple Bloom. This is a great idea!" You grin, "in fact, why stop at your parents? Why not bring back every creature's loved ones?!"

Apple Bloom gasps, "why didn't I think of that? That's a fantastic idea!" She takes out the page, editing, "there! Now every creature will-"

The page glows brightly, and suddenly, Sweet Apple Acres is filled to the brim with the apple family of the past. Buildings crumble from the sheer amount of ponies in them. The Everfree Forest is stuffed with animals. No creature can move without stepping on any other creature. Alicorns fill the skies. You and Caramel look at each other, squished. "Maybe…you should have thought that one through a little more." She sighs.

(+1 page for Villains)

Author's Note:

This one hurt to write, but with these pages being able to make anything happen, bringing back loved ones was a no Brainer, and having little Apple Bloom be the one...it still makes me feel guilty.

PreviousChapters Next