• Published 23rd Nov 2023
  • 134 Views, 6 Comments

Ciderfest BOAS APP Stories: 86?! - Janicethelight

  • ...
 6
 134

PreviousChapters Next
38. #TouchtheSky

Story
"Alright, girls!" You hear as you walk over to a meadow with a practice stage built on it. "I've got it this time!" Scootaloo runs up to Applebloom and Sweetie Bell as you watch on.

"That's what you said all day yesterday. Rainbow Dash is going to be here before long, and I don't think I got another 100 practice runs in me!" Applebloom sighs.

"Yeah, and we really aren't having fun anymore." Sweetie Bell admits.

"Girls, I know things were rough yesterday, but I promise today will be different. We'll go through the routine one last time, and then we can rest until Rainbow Dash comes to watch us. Promise!" Scootaloo beams.

"Oh. Alright." Sweetie Bell sighs.

"Let's get this over with." Applebloom shrugs.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, in one town of amazing amazingness, three types of ponies coexist!" Scootaloo's voice resounds with nopony on stage.

"We are the earth ponies," Applebloom continues, ribbons flowing from her front hooves as she walks.

"We are unicorns!" Sweetie Bell bounces with a ribbon on her horn from the opposite side.

"We are pegasi!" Scootaloo drops down from above on a wooden cloud, flapping the ribbons on her wings. "And the town where friendship reigns is our home. Now, welcome to the stadium, the flag of the place we love best…"

As Scootaloo says now, Applebloom and Scootaloo lift up a hula oolahoop with tissue paper around the middle. Scootaloo flies through the middle, shouting, "Ponyville Forever! Yay!" As she lands on the hooves of her two friends. Sweetie Bell uses her magic to raise the flag at the same time. Just after, Applebloom and Sweetie Bell squeal happily, tackling Scootaloo.

"Scootaloo, you did it! You really did it!" Applebloom grinned.

"I can't believe it, Scootaloo! How did you finally figure it out?" Sweetie asks.

"I guess I just needed to sleep on it." Scootaloo grins. As she says that, you see a piece of paper fall from under her wings. She quickly scoops it up, "Sorry. Script. Making sure I have all the lines memorized!"

You know that truth. That was a page, and Scootaloo changed the story so she could fly!

What do you do?

[CHOICE]
What do you do?
> Nothing. Let Scootaloo fly! (Chaos)
> Let her friends know and talk to Scootaloo together. (Hero)


[ A: CHAOS]
You watch as the three girls snicker, talking about how shocked Rainbow Dash would be when she saw Scootaloo flying. You turn and walk away, happy to see Scootaloo so happy!

(+1 page for Chaos)

[ENDING B: HERO]
You walk into the clearing.

"Scootaloo didn't sleep on it. She changed the story!" you announce.

"What?" Sweetie asks.

"That paper is from the book of all stories. She used it to be able to fly," you answer.

"Scootaloo…is that true?" Applebloom asks.

"Well…yeah…" Scootaloo looks down.

"But…but why Scoots?" Sweetie asks.

"Because, I was ruining our chances of winning, and I don't really show Ponyville. I wanted to feel the sky in my wings! What if I never would have flown without it?! I would be different than other pegasi…barely a pegasus at all!" Tears streamed down her face.

"Is that what this is all about?" Applebloom asked.

"Scootaloo, we never thought any differently about whether you could fly or not." Sweetie Bell smiles.

"Yeah. You'll always be a pegasus. Flying isn't the only thing that makes that. Plus, You'll always be our friend!" Applebloom continues.

"Yeah. So stop thinking about what Diamond Tiara said and start listening to the ponies who care about you!" Sweetie nods.

"Ponies who love you." Applebloom nods as well.

"Us!" They say in unison.

"Now, don't you think it would be better to find out what you're meant to do on your own?" You ask.

Scootaloo sighs,"I guess." She looks over to her wings and decides, "one more thing first!" She flies up and does tricks like she's seen Rainbow Dash do thousands of times. After a few minutes she lands, "Okay. Now I'm ready!" An orange glow surrounds her as she goes back to normal and hands the page to you.

(+1 page for Heroes)

Author's Note:

I think everyone loved when the writers canonized Scootaloo's difficulties with flight. Giving awareness to disabilities in a way that felt natural and honest! Cudos to them!

Still, I hope I did justice since it was what I felt Scoota would change.

PreviousChapters Next