• Published 23rd Nov 2023
  • 134 Views, 6 Comments

Ciderfest BOAS APP Stories: 86?! - Janicethelight

  • ...
 6
 134

PreviousChapters Next
26. #THEMAGICS

Story
Ponyville must be having another festival! Ponies all over are dressed in their finest clothes. Ponies are taking pictures of other ponies. Every pony poses flawlessly! There are runways in every alley! Camera ponies are around every turn. Thinking you may know the cause of this, you march over to Rarity's Boutique. Rarity's line stretches out the door, but you manage to squeeze through. "Rarity, what did you do?" You ask.

"I promise you, Darling, I had nothing to do with this sudden love of fashion." Rarity shakes her frazzled mane away from her glasses, "While I will admit I loved it at first. What with the glamor; the sophistication and all, but now every pony across Equestria wants a new dress! With so few Boutiques, I'm absolutely drowning in work!"

"If not you then who could it be?" You wonder.

"You know, Fluttershy decided she didn't want to model for Photo Finish just yesterday…maybe try seeing what Miss Finish might be up to." Rarity suggests.

You nod and go off in search of Photo Finish. With so many photo-happy ponies along the way, finding her proves difficult, but you finally manage to spot her snapping pictures at an impromptu fashion show.

"Yes. I have found so many ponies who have seen the magics. YOU!" Photo Finish darts around to look at you. You freeze in place, "I have never seen one such as you before! Such grace! Such finesse! Truly one of a kind! Come! You must model for me!"

Before you can say anything, you find yourself on the stage. With no clue what she wants, you strike your first pose. She stomps happily, "Yes! Yes! Such individuality! Such unique choices. It is the best I have seen all day!" Photo announces. Sheblooks around at all of the extravagance and sighs, sitting on a nearby chair.

"I, Photo Finish, once thought not enough ponies see the world of fashion. They do not feel it and breathe it like one such as I! I found this!" She shows you a page, "I used it to make the whole world into a fashion extravaganza! But! But now that everypony loves fashion, it does not give me the same spark…perhaps I’ve made…a mistake. What do you think? Do you think perhaps I, the one and only Photo Finish, made one of the very few mistakes of my career, or do you think the problem is I just need time to get used to this new, fabulous world?"

[CHOICE]
Should Photo Finish change the world back?
> (Chaos) Keep it a fashion show dream!
> (Hero) Change it back and enjoy it with those who choose to love it!


[ENDING A: CHAOS]
You think about the question and look around to all of the different fashions, "I think you should give it time. If you look, no two ponies have the same idea of what's fashionable, do you really think you'll find which fashions truly are…um…what do you call it?"

"THE MAGICS! Yes! How short sighted of me. More fashion is always good! It was I who did not see the best way to utilize new ways. Yes, I see it now! All of the different ideas of what fashion is! Thank you for your help my friend. Now-I GO!" She trots off to find her next inspiration.

(+1 page for Chaos)

[ENDING B: HERO]
"Look Photo Finish…Fashion is cool and all but it's not right to force it on everyone." You sigh, "Just look around, it takes away from how special fashion is. I think you should change it back and maybe you can find friends who love fashion as much as you. Between you and me, Rarity is a good start!"

"Yes! Of course! The magics are not magics if they are bland and everywhere. Then they are nothing! Thank you!" An orange glow surrounds Photo Finish and the world goes back to normal. She hands you the page, "I no longer need this. I will find fellow fashion enthusiasts! Now. I GO!" She bolts off to her new adventure.


(+1 page for Heroes)

Author's Note:

This one was a hoot. Everything Photo Finish does, she does with flair, and putting that into a story was so much fun!

PreviousChapters Next