• Published 23rd Nov 2023
  • 134 Views, 6 Comments

Ciderfest BOAS APP Stories: 86?! - Janicethelight

  • ...
 6
 134

PreviousChapters Next
27. #GoingBatty

Story
Night falls on Ponyville. The sun gives way to the moon. You still feel like you are awake and alert enough to find another page. You ask around Ponyville if there’s been any strange things happening. Applebloom walks up to you, "If you want to find strange things here in Ponyville, you just need to find my sister and her friends. They're like a magnet to strange things!”

"Do you know where I may find them?" You ask.

"Sure do! They're at Sweet Apple Acres helping my sister with the last of her chores. I just finished mine!" She goes off.

You shrug. Sweet Apple Acres is as good a place to start as any. You walk over to the famous farmhouse, but nopony is home. You continue, going through the Apple family apple forest. The trees seem to thicken the further you walk until you can only see slivers of the moon.

Screaming erupts from all around you. The trees obscure the moon, causing the darkness to deepen. You rush to see what's happening only to bump into a branch. Still, you persevere. Eventually, you find yourself in one of the apple orchards, covered in scrapes, but overall okay. You find Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash running around trying to capture a huge shape swooping around them. You squint your eyes to see better and barely make out the unmistakable profile of…Fluttershy? You walk down to see why Fluttershy is acting weird. Her eyes are red, her colors slightly muted (though that could be from the darkness), her wings are batlike, and she has fangs in her mouth. You hear Applejack yell, "Why in tarnation is Flutterbat back?!"

"I have no idea!" Twilight admits.

"It was us!" You look over to see a group of Bat Ponies landing. "We used one of the pages from the book to change Fluttershy!"

"But….but why?" Twilight asks.

"We Bat Ponies may be small in number, but we still exist! Yet, any time you ask any creature how many different races of ponies there are, they only say Earth ponies, Unicorns, and Pegasi! Now, with one of the heroes of Equestria forever one of us, the world will have to acknowledge our existence as a pony race!" One of the bat ponies explains. "We will no longer be forgotten!"

"But poor Fluttershy will be a bat pony against her will!" Rarity gasps.

"In time, she will get used to her new abilities!" Another shrugs.

"She shouldn't have to!" Applejack counters.

Both groups bicker as you come close.

"Thank Goodness, [USERNAME]. Please help us explain to these bat ponies that changing Fluttershy is wrong!" Rainbow Dash huffed.

"No. Explain to these ponies how changing Fluttershy can help an entire species be seen, and how much that is worth changing one pony slightly."

[CHOICE] What do you do?
> (Chaos) Side with the Bat Ponies
> (Hero) Side with Twilight and her friends


[ENDING A: CHAOS]
You think it over and say, "The Bat Ponies are right. Flutterbat will help their entire species be noticed and put into history books where they belong. Plus, with their help, she may curb her appetite for apples, and speak again. She just needs time!"

"I suppose Fluttershy is always Fluttershy…even when she's Flutterbat!" Pinkie shrugs.

"And helping the Bat Ponies be recognized is important." Applejack nods.

"Very well. She can stay Flutterbat, but I'm holding you to her being able to talk again someday…sooner rather than later." Twilight warns.

"You won't regret this!” One of the Bat Ponies says, delighted. “We'll keep the page safe. Thank you all!"

The Bat Ponies nod and go off with Flutterbat to teach her the ways of the bat pony.

(+1 page for Chaos)



[ENDING B: HERO]
You think about it and say, "I understand how hard it must be to feel unseen, but changing Fluttershy isn't the answer. Maybe you can have a princess speak on your behalf." You point to Twilight.

"Oh. Yes. I will gladly bring up your plight to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. I'm sure together, we can find a way to show other ponies that you exist!" Twilight nods.

"Thank you, princess. We're sorry we tried to change your friend. We thought it was the only way." The Bat Pony looks down.

An orange glow erupts around Flutterbat and she turns back into a very confused Fluttershy.

The bat pony hands you the page, "Please keep this safe."

The bat ponies and Twilight walk off to have a chat with the other princesses.

(+1 page for Heroes)

Author's Note:

Trying to figure out a reason to make Fluttershy into Flutterbat was hard, but so worth it. I was so happy to incorporate the bat ponies into the stories too!

PreviousChapters Next