• Published 23rd Nov 2023
  • 134 Views, 6 Comments

Ciderfest BOAS APP Stories: 86?! - Janicethelight

  • ...
 6
 134

PreviousChapters Next
61. #TwastheNight

Story
Minty paces in her room as dawn approaches. "Oh. I do hope everypony loves the socks. I feel bad that I could only give each pony one. I'm happy that I gave my friends a gift, but…but what if they don't like it and then…then they don't like me?!" She worries.

"Mintyyyyy." Minty turns around when she hears a high-pitched voice call her name.

"Who…who's there?" Minty asks.

"It is I! The Ghost of Hearth's Warming Presents!" A strange pony appears in a robe with a laurel wreath around her head.

Minty screams, falling over. "Please. Stay away!" She shakes in terror.

"Stay away? But Minty. I'm here to help you!" Presents clarifies.

Minty stops shaking. "Help me? Help me with what?"

"Why, with your present problem of course! It's kinda my thing!" Presents explains, her smile widening.

"Oh…but how did you know I had a present problem?" Minty wonders.

"Duh. It's in the name. You know. Ghost of Hearth's Warming Presents."

"But. What's Hearth's Warming?"

"Silly Minty. It's the very thing you just gave your socks for."

"No. I gave my friends socks for ch-"

"Now, now, silly filly. Are we going to spend the night talking or are we going to fix your present problem?!"

"Present problem, definitely!" Minty nods.

"Great. Follow me!" The ghost of Hearth's warming Presents flies out with Minty. Minty looks from the wingless pony to her own Earth pony body and screams once more. "Whoa woah woah. No worries there, Earth Pony. I'm a ghost. Flying is part of the job!"

"But. I'm. Not. A. Ghost!" Minty gasps between breaths.

"You're fine! You're with me! Call it a perk of hanging with a ghost!"

"Oh…okay."

Presents laughs, as the sun rises up and ponies come out, holding their socks. "My dear Minty. You had your head all backwards. It's not what the gift is that matters. It's what the gift means that matters. And everypony knows how much your socks mean to you! The fact that you were willing to give away the very things that brought you so much joy means more to your friends than anything. Look at how they hold your socks close. They each have a piece of you. Plus, they can use those socks as part of a new tradition! Look!"

Minty takes a closer look at Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash puts a hoof in her sock and pulls out a hair clip. She smiles. "This will look absolutely amazing in my hair!"

Minty's smile slowly crosses her face. "I can't believe it!" She laughs.

"Well, believe it, little pony. Now your friends have a fun story to talk about for moons to come all because of you!" Presents beams.

"Do you mean years?" Minty asks.

"Bless you!" Present hands Minty a tissue from nowhere. "But this is what I wanted to talk to you about, Minty! You have such a kind heart and a generous soul. You were willing to give up your most prized possessions to help your friends! That sort of heart deserves to be rewarded. That got me thinking. See, us ghosts need all the help we can get on making sure everypony’s happy during this festive time of year, and we've been looking for one more helper. We've been looking for a pony who could spend every holiday with ideas like yours. So I have an offer for you, Minty! How would you like to be the official pony of stockings, spreading this amazing new tradition forever?!"

Minty thinks about it. "I don't know…."

[CHOICE]
What should Minty do?

> Stay with the ghosts to become the official pony of Hearth’s Warming stockings. (Chaos)
> Stay with her friends. (Hero)


[ENDING A: CHAOS]
"I'll stay with you. I can't wait to show everypony this idea!" Minty beams.

It is said that every year, close to Hearths Warming , a pony comes giving away socks to anypony who would like to hang them up. Who knows, somepony may just find a small gift hidden inside.

(+1 page for Chaos)

[ENDING B: HERO]
"I'll stay with my friends. They would miss me if I was gone." Minty decides.

"Fair enough. It's been a real treat to meet you, Minty!" Presents nods.

The next thing Minty knows, she's with her friends. Her friends hug her tight, thanking her for their beautiful socks and telling her how many small gifts they found inside. They laugh and hug each other As the beautiful holiday moves on. Minty feels like she did something right!

(+1 page for Heroes)

Author's Note:

Minty's Christmas was one of the few G3 productions that seems to have escaped hatred. Most everyone is at least okay with it, and with how cute the story is, I thought it would be perfect to combine with Hearthswarming!

PreviousChapters Next