• Published 23rd Nov 2023
  • 134 Views, 6 Comments

Ciderfest BOAS APP Stories: 86?! - Janicethelight

  • ...
 6
 134

PreviousChapters Next
25. #TwoHearts

Story
The moon glows through passing clouds, causing an eerie glow. Derpy sees you as you are walking with Mustard Mark, and rushes over, "Have you guys seen the Doctor? He seemed really worried and then he just…ran off. Can you help me find him please?"

You nod and run off through the fog rolling in. You strain your eyes to see your surroundings. An eerie quiet settles around you. Then, suddenly, you see a shadow dart around. You turn and find a pony's shadow behind you. You approach cautiously to find Applejack frozen into a statue of solid rock. You look around and realize that Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight are all statues. A feeling of dread washes over you as you step back and then jump as you feel a touch on your shoulder. You turn to see Doctor Whooves wearing a serious expression. "Did you see it?" He asked.

"N-no. What…what did that to Twilight and the others?" Mustard asks.

"A cockatrice. But that's not what I'm talking about!" He turns with you and Mustard, seeing another statue: a pegasus standing on its hind legs and covering its eyes with its hooves. Why would anypony make a statue of a pony weeping?!

"Don't blink! Wait…what is it doing?" Whooves asks as the weeping pony seems to give a wry smile. Suddenly, the statues of Twilight and her friends start to move as if possessed. "RUN!!!" Doctor Whooves yells. Doctor Whooves grabs you. You grab Mustard. Everypony runs.

"What is that?!" Mustard asks.

"Weeping An-er…Pony. Very fast. Very bad. It will send you back in time and feast on your potential energy. I don't understand how they got here!" Doctor Whooves turns back. The pony is closer to you. Mustard squeaks.

"Take us back to how this started." Mustard stammered.

"The cockatrice was close to Derpy. I didn't know what to do. It turned her into stone. I was too far away. I knew I was. And something was calling to me… this feeling that I was so much more. And then this page falls down and I choose to save Derpy. And suddenly I had this golden glow and I remembered…everything. I am the Doctor! I come from the planet Gallopfrey in the constellation of Cerberus. I am older than all of the princesses combined, and I knew exactly how to save Derpy from the cockatrice. But as soon as I saved her, the weeping ponies showed up. I think they came here because that can sense my potential energy. If I keep remembering them, I may come up with a way to stop them, but no one knows what else will come along with them. If I choose to forget, they will go away, but Derpy and the others will be stuck as statues. What should I do?!"

[CHOICE]
> (Chaos) Allow the Doctor to remember who he is and come up with a plan
> (Hero) Have the Doctor forget and write to the princesses for help!


[ENDING A: CHAOS]
"Doctor, you were always smart, and I'm guessing that with your memories back, you also gained wisdom, so use what you know to get us out of this mess!" You yell as another weeping pony moves into view from the mists, and statue Applejack grabs for you, barely missing.

The Doctor loosens his green tie just a bit, a grin spreading across his face, "By jove, you're right! Follow me!" He gallops at full speed, you and Mustard following behind as well as you can. You see Derpy's silhouette in the distance. The Doctor stops right next to her and turns. Only a few feet stand between the weeping ponies with their pony statue zombies and your crew.

Whooves clears his throat, "I will give you Weeping Ponies one chance. Leave. Just leave this planet and find another food source. I am warning you. You think I am a threat? You can not even begin to fathom the dangers you are dealing with in this world. My dear Derpy here could beat you without raising a single hoof against you!"

"Doctor!" Derpy gasps.

"Shhh." Whooves gestures before finishing. We will blink once. Long enough for you to go away. If you try to attack us…I will have no choice but to stop you! Everyone, blink once…now."

You blink and the weeping pony is inches from your face. The Doctor sighs, "I gave them fair warning. Sorry, Derpy."

"Sorry for wh-" Derpy starts, when the doctor bumps into her. Derpy stumbles backwards while you all watch. The weeping ponies, stuck stone still, suddenly crumble into dust as Derpy falls into them.

The Doctor looks to the one close to you, He pulls you back and says, "Would you like to be next?" He blinks and the statue is no longer there. He helps Derpy up, "There—right as rain. Though, great wickering stallions, Derpy, but you are filthy. No matter. We'll clean you up, get Twilight and her friends back to normal, and be back home in time for tea."

"Wait. Doctor. Why did the weeping ponies turn into dust?" You ask.

"While they are being observed, weeping ponies turn Into statues of rock and stone, and if there is one thing I know about Derpy here, it's that there is nothing in the world that she can't accidentally break — not even stone!" Whooves grins.

"Doctor!" Derpy blushes, looking away, "I don't mean to break anything!"

"By the by, I may have an adventure to offer you when we get back…say all of time and space?!" Whooves hugs Derpy, trotting off. You watch them go with a smile before walking the other way, confident that Whooves will handle the rest.

(+1 page for Chaos)

[ENDING B: HERO]
You think it over and shake your head, "I'm sorry, Doctor. I don't want Derpy to be like Twilight and the others, but these Weeping Pony things seem really dangerous! Plus they’re pitting us against team friendship! Let's have you forget and go get the princesses. They can help with this mess!"

The Doctor looks on in the fog, "You're right. Equestria isn't ready for the monsters I've faced… and these are just one example. Right. Just one thing before I forget. Please. Please let me help save Derpy." His eyes go distant for a moment, tracking in Derpy's direction.

"We promise!" Mustard nods, "Now hurry!"

An orange glow ignites around all of you and you find yourselves with Whooves hugging Derpy's petrified body, tears streaming down his face.

"Let's go get the princesses. They'll fix this." You offer Whooves help up and he nods, sniffling.

The three of you book it to Canterlot faster than Rainbow Dash and tell them everything. With their help, all of the petrified ponies are cured, and Whooves hugs Derpy with all of his might.


(+1 page for Heroes)

Author's Note:

If you haven't, I would definitely suggest listening to Doctor Whooves and the Assistant which gave me the inspiration for this!

I definitely want to expand on this one at a later date. Combining the cockatrice and the weeping angels...or ponies in this case, hit me like a ton of bricks.

PreviousChapters Next