• Published 23rd Nov 2023
  • 134 Views, 6 Comments

Ciderfest BOAS APP Stories: 86?! - Janicethelight

  • ...
 6
 134

PreviousChapters Next
39. #Unicorn'sPride

Story
Canterlot is buzzing with preparations for the first ever Friendship Festival. You excitedly watch along with Caramel as more and more of the planned festivities are set up. "I can't believe we'll get to see the Friendship Festival!" Caramel grins.

You nod just as you see fireworks shoot up in the sky. Curious as to their source, you and Caramel rush off to see where it came from. You find Tempest readying her magic, her horn intact! Caramel gasps, whispering to you, "Wasn't her horn broken?" You nod. She sighs and goes up to her. "Uh…hey there, Tempest." Tempest doesn't turn around. "Um…Tempest?" Tempest shoots another burst in the air, watching as the magic flowers out in the sky. She beams with pride. "Excuse me!" Caramel yells a second too late and blushes.

"Huh?" Tempest turns around to see you and Caramel.

"Sorry…" Caramel coughs into her hoof to give herself a moment to push the embarrassment aside. "It's just surprising to see you here now, Tempest."

"Tempest? I think you have me confused. My name is Fizzlepop Berrytwist!" Fizzlepop smiles, "Maybe I remind you of somepony…?"

"Uh…maybe…" Caramel looks down, unsure of how to say what she wants to. "The thing is…the pony you remind me of…she um…she had a terrible accident when she was younger…with her horn…"

Fizzlepop bites her lip, looking around to make certain no other creature could hear before she speaks. "How…how did you know. I made it to where it never happened!"

"Oh…" Caramel gives another cough to share a look with you before she continues, "h-how did you do that?"

Fizzlepop sighs and takes a breath. "When I got attacked by the Ursa Major-"

"Ursa Minor." You murmur, correcting her and hoping she didn’t hear you..

"My friends treated me like I was a freak. They were terrified of me, but then I found this page, and I went back and I just never went to get the ball. My friends love me! It's great. Having a broken horn almost destroyed my life, but with this page, I was able to be like everypony else. Isn't it great?!"

"Yeah…um..just give us one second, okay?" Caramel takes you to the side, "We both know she lost her horn and joined the Storm King. Now that she didn't, the Storm King doesn't even know Equestria exists, so it could only be good, right?! But, she also helped defeat the Storm King, so if he ever does show up, it could end worse…but there's a chance he could never come. Should we try to change this back or should we leave this and let her just…enjoy her life?"

[CHOICE]

What should you do?

> Leave her alone. (Chaos)
> Convince her to keep her horn broken. (Hero)
> Convince her to hold onto the page. (Villain)

[ENDING A: CHAOS]

"She's happy. That's the important thing." You whisper before looking up to Fizzlepop and shouting, "Your fireworks are beautiful! We'll let you get back to them!"

"Thanks so much!" Fizzlepop shouts back and goes back to practicing.

You head back to enjoy the festivities. Just as the festival starts up, Celestia walks down the stairs of the castle somberly, her eyes directly on Cadence. Cadence notices the gaze, worry slowly etching onto her face.

"I am sorry to be the bearer of such terrible news on what should have been the brightest of days, but as of today, Equestria is at war!"

Ponies everywhere murmur among themselves. Twilight notices Celestia looking at the panicking Cadence. "What happened?" Twilight asks.

Celestia sighs, announcing, "The Crystal Empire was attacked by a legion of airships. Prince Shining Armor and little Princess Flurry Heart have been taken prisoner, and a creature by the name of the Storm King has claimed the Empire as his own."

Cadence silently weeps as more murmurs break out once more. Celestia puts a hoof up, "We must be vigilant to save our pony brethren. Thus, today, I humbly ask my brave ponies to join in the fight. Together, we will free the Crystal Empire once more!"

Shock fills your heart as ponies all over trot to volunteer for the effort, and you look back as Fizzlepop walks away from the scene.

(+1 page for Chaos)

[ENDING B: HERO]
"This isn’t who she's supposed to be." You shake your head. You look at Fizzlepop as she watches you and Caramel as you break and you say, "Te-Fizzlepop. Your broken horn was a part of who you are. It guides so much of your life! Without that moment, you are’nt going to be around to help somepony important. You shouldn't change who you are."

"But I almost lost all my friends because of it!" Fizzlepop gasps.

"Well then they aren't very good friends if they would leave you for that, are they?" You ask.

Fizzlepop looks at you, biting her lip, "Does losing my horn really make that much difference to my life?!"

You think hard before you answer, "Let's put it this way. If you keep your horn shattered, you eventually help save all of Equestria."

"How do you know?" Fizzlepop asks.

"Call it a hunch." You smile.

She looks up to her horn, to you and back to her horn again. "I really don't want to give up my horn…" She looks down, scratching the ground with her hooves. "But if it helps Equestria, I'll do it." She hands the page to you as an orange glow surrounds Canterlot. Everything goes back to normal.

(+1 page for Heroes)

[ENDING C: VILLAIN]
"You know. That page is really powerful!" You state.

"It sure is!" Fizzlepop beams.

"Maybe if you ever find yourself trapped, you can use it as a bargaining chip. Trade it for your freedom." You shrug, "With how many villains show up, it wouldn't hurt to have a safety net."

"But doesn't the page only change one story?" Fizzlepop asks.

"I know that and you know that, but the villain of the week has no idea!" You smile.

"Yeah! Great idea!" Fizzlepop jumps in excitement.

"What are you doing?" Caramel asks.

"Hey, this way she'll stay safe no matter what. Besides, like she said, the page only changes one story. What could happen?"

Some Time Later

Fizzlepop eventually stops thinking about the Page she has. She returns to her everyday life, until one fateful day when the Storm King arrives. Breaking the peace and quiet of her life in Canterlot, she is one of countless hundreds of ponies affected by the invading armies. The King takes a look at the unicorn, sizing her up, determining that there is something about her he wants to know more about. He shackles Fizzlepop to the other ponies, dragging them into ships.

“Wait!” Fizzlepop yells, causing the Storm King to stop.

“Yes?” he asks.

“If you let me go…I can give you an item to make you the most powerful villain in history!” she offers.

“Ohhh. I do like the sound of that…all I have to do is let you go?” he asks.

“Yes, just…just let me go, and you can have it. I don’t want to spend my life chained up to a bunch of ponies I barely know.”

Storm King nods, “Deal.” His minions unchain Fizzlepop to the astonishment of the other ponies.

“It’s a page that can change anything. I’m going to put it down, and gallop off.” She puts it down, rushing away as fast as her hooves can carry her.

The Storm King takes the page, and evil grin on his face, “Guess who’s going to be able to control storms, boys?!” he laughs.

(+1 page for Villains)

Author's Note:

The outcomes of choices were always hard to choose. I had to rhino hard about why letting Tempest keep her horn would end badly. It made semce that Storm King would come around eventually.

PreviousChapters Next