• Published 23rd Nov 2023
  • 134 Views, 6 Comments

Ciderfest BOAS APP Stories: 86?! - Janicethelight

  • ...
 6
 134

PreviousChapters Next
59. #Rocketmares

Story
"Come one! Come all! Come to see the Great and Powerful Trixie, and her amazing assistant, the ever slightly less great and powerful Starlight, perform the most amazing death defying trick in all of the history of Equestria!" you hear.

"I…I don't know Trixie. This seems a little much…even by your standards," another voice sighs.

"You worry too much, Starlight. This is going to work beautifully! You'll see. With this baby, we'll go faster and farther than any pony ever dreamed of! We could go half way across Equestria. No. Even better. We could go to the MOON!" Trixie announces.

"The moon?!" Starlight gasps, "why in Celestia's name would you want to go to the moon?!"

"More like what in Luna's name!" Trixie grins. "Think about it, Starlight. Luna was banished on the moon for a thousand moons! She would have been soooo bored. The great and powerful Trixie believes Luna made things up there to alleviate her boredom when she was Nightmare Moon. And, from Twilight's stories, Nightmare Moon loves to make an entrance. Do you know who else loves to make an entrance, Starlight?!"

"Um…you?!"

"Yes! Nopony can make an entrance as grand as the Great and Powerful Trixie! But that similarity got me thinking, Starlight. If Nightmare Moon does an entrance even half as good as the Great and Powerful Trixie then Nightmare Moon must love to dazzle and inspire as well. With nopony to dazzle and inspire, all Nightmare Moon could do was practice until she was let out. And what does everypony wishing to put on a show need?"

"Wait. How did we get to putting on a sh—"

"A STAGE! Nightmare Moon must have built an amazing stage up in the moon but she was taken away before she could use it and now it's up there for anypony to take!"

"Trixie. I highly doubt—" Starlight gets interrupted once more.

"And even if by some impossible scenario the Great and Powerful Trixie is wrong, we would still be the first ever ponies to be on the moon since Princess Luna came back! We would go down in history!"

"How would we even get back?!"

"You're the magic wiz. You could just make some sort of doorway from the moon back to here."

"So like…some sort of portal?"

"Yes. Now you're thinking…with portals!"

You look through the bushes to see what they're talking about and see a lavender and white striped firework style rocket with a yellow cone. The cone has two stars etched around it. Starlight sighs. "This still seems a bit dangerous, Trixie. And what happened to wanting to be, and I quote, ‘the first ever ponies to go across Equestria on a rocket!’?"

Trixie freezes and thinks. "Hmmm. This is true. The Great and Powerful Trixie had two great and powerful ideas, but we only have one great and powerful rocket."

"I think you've said great and powerful enough for one sentence," Starlight sighs exasperatedly.

Trixie gasps. "The Great and Powerful Trixie has an idea! You! Yes you! The strange fan hiding in the bushes!" She points to you. As you walk out, she continues, "You must have heard our quandary. As a fan of The Great and Powerful Trixie, you have good tastes, so tell us, which do you think would excite a crowd: flying across Equestria or flying to the moon?"

[CHOICE]

Which would be a better show?

> Fly across Equestria! (Chaos)

> Fly to the moon! (Villain)

> Neither. This is dangerous! (Hero)

[ENDING A: CHAOS]
"You should fly across Equestria!" you decide.

"See? The Great and Powerful Trixie's fans have exquisite tastes. We were just about to do that!"

Trixie goes to the top of the rocket. Starlight sits behind her. Trixie wills her magic to the fire, which lights, coiling up to the rocket. The rocket shakes before blue smoke emerges from the bottom and lifts the ponies into the air. Trixie's hat flies off her head, and Starlight quickly grabs it, holding tight onto it with her hoof as they fly off to the other end of Equestria and new adventures.

(+1 page for Chaos)

[ENDING B: VILLAIN]
"You should fly to the moon!" you decide.

"See? The Great and Powerful Trixie's fans have exquisite tastes. We were just about to do that!"

"Just watch for us to portal back here I guess," Starlight adds wearily.

Trixie goes to the top of the rocket. Starlight sits behind her. Trixie wills her magic to the fire, which lights, coiling up to the rocket. The rocket shakes before blue smoke emerges from the bottom and lifts the ponies into the air. Trixie's hat flies off her head, and Starlight quickly grabs it, holding tight onto it with her hoof as they fly off higher and higher until you can no longer see them.

You wait for the two to portal back, but none comes. Mayyyybe you should go tell Princess Luna what happened.

(+1 page for Villains)

[ENDING C: HERO]
"I think this rocket is too dangerous. You could both get hurt!" You decide.

"See Trixie. Your fans want to see your shows. They don't want to see you in Ponyville Hospital!" Starlight points out.

"Very well. I suppose we can just watch this humongous rocket blast off without us." She snorted dejectedly, lighting the rocket and watching with Starlight as it blasts off into the sky.

(+1 page for Heroes)

Author's Note:

I love the toy of Trixie and Starlight blasting off, so a chance to make a story based off of it was fun. I am really proud of how it turned out!

PreviousChapters Next