• Published 23rd Nov 2023
  • 134 Views, 6 Comments

Ciderfest BOAS APP Stories: 86?! - Janicethelight

  • ...
 6
 134

PreviousChapters Next
68. #IsThisTheRealLifeIsThisJustFantasy

Story

The mall is silent as the clock slowly ticks to closing time. Juniper sweeps the myriad of popcorn off the floor. She stops, leaning her back against the wall. Just another boring day working at this boring movie theater. “At least no one is around.” Juniper whispers to herself with a slight smile, “I can give myself a small break.”

Juniper opens up her favorite movie magazine, sighing as she sees the elegance of the actors. “What I wouldn’t give to have someone take me under their wing.” She changes her voice: “Juniper, you really are star material. I knew it the moment I spotted you.”

She gives a sad sigh, “Like that would ever ha-Aaaaah!” Juniper drops her magazine. The magazine flashes with an intense light. Juniper covers her eyes.

The light fades away and Juniper uncovers her eyes, seeing a gray unicorn with a black and purple mane. He stares at her with intense eyes, “Tell me, have any terrible creatures come around, or have you seen any glowing pieces of paper?”

“Um, no. The name is Juniper, by the way.” She huffs.

“I’m Shadow Lock. It is my solid duty to find a page and, in doing so, erase every evil villain before they have a chance to turn our worlds to their diabolical wishes.”

“Wait-why are you going through books to do that?!” Juniper asks.

“It is my talent, and a spell I created: the ability to travel from book to book, seeking my prize of a magic page.” Shadow explains.

“And these magic pages…they can do anything?!” Juniper asks.

“Indeed. They can grant any wish, and make even the most impossible dream reality.”

Juniper’s eyes light up. She looks around the empty theater. Shadow follows as she searches each and every chair. When the two come out, they both note a glowing page stuck to the closing gate. “Ah, a page. My quest will finally be finished.”

“Not if I get it first!” Juniper grins, rushing off.

Shadow gasps before running as well, both after the page.

[CHOICE]

Who gets the page?

> Juniper. (Chaos)

> Shadow Lock. (Villain)

[ENDING A: CHAOS]

Juniper snatches the page before Shadow. Shadow lights his horn, ready to use his magic to take it back, but the page glows a bright orange light, and Juniper is gone.

Juniper finds herself on set of the Power Ponies Movie, playing the lead role. She laughs, “YES! Finally, I can be the star I always knew I was!” She gives a little dance before the director yells, “Are we ready to film the next scene, or do we need another minute of dancing?”

Juniper blushes, “Sorry. I’m just…I’m so honored to be a part of your vision, sir.”

“Yes. yes. I’m happy with your performance as well, but let’s worry about that later, and worry about making the movie now.”

“Yes sir!” Juniper nods, and gets ready for the next scene.

(+1 page for Chaos)

[ENDING B: VILLAIN]
Shadow Lock runs with his horn aglow. Just as Juniper reaches for the page, Shadow uses his magic to pull the page away from her and into his grasp. “Yes! Now every single villain who has ever been will no longer get their wishes. I have saved us all!” Shadow laughs.

“Wait. What counts as a villain?” Juniper asks, worriedly.

“Any creature who has done things for nefarious reasons. Any creature who has ever harmed others, in any way shape or form, for their own benefit.” Shadow explains, the page glowing in his hooves.

“But that’s way too vague. By that definition, I would be a villain.” Juniper laughs nervously.”

“In my book, you are.” Shadow ignites his horn, and the page glows orange. Juniper looks down and sees her hands becoming transparent.

“NO! I’m not a villain. You don’t realize how many creatures you’ll erase." Shadow sighs. Juniper looks at her own hands, fading away before her eyes. Tears fall and disappear before they hit the ground.

"Please stop this! I’m just a highschooler. I’m not a-” Juniper disappears completely.

(+1 page for Villain

Author's Note:

Another villian from the comics and one from the EQG specials. Juniper seemed like she was a bit shallow but not completely evil, but Shadow Lock feels any amount of evil is too much.

I also head Canon that the evil his family is connected to (the one he's trying to make sure never comes out) is the Darkness that had possessed Stygian.

PreviousChapters Next