• Published 11th Aug 2023
  • 233 Views, 0 Comments

[read the cover] - Fireflower



A simple challenge inspired by a contest: no prize to be claimed as possible; a simple expedition with light so to speak of. Failing that, a short story with low expectations and higher inquiries based on its contents in question nevertheless...

  • ...
13
 0
 233

Naught For Thee

Author's Note:

My name is Fireflower and this is my eighth My Little Pony Fanfic, using normal canon characters that is rated T for Teen; therefore, it is no clopfic whatsoever but it is my second crackfic on this website: matter of fact, it took me about less than two days to make this because 'twas going to be a contest entry y'all know of so to speak.

Anyways, I just want to state for the record My Little Pony, or rather Friendship Is Magic along with its setting and characters belong to Lauren Faust and Hasbro: of course, you'd already know about it since you'd been reading my stories for a long time so to speak of; speaking of which, this story is influenced by the South Park episode, The China Problem, as shown below.

Enjoy it while you can 'cause I had to tone it down for the sake of content ratings: seeing that South Park itself is violent, it was inevitable but what I'd failed to expect is syndication; in addition, it'd made me realize how much I'd wasted my life sleeping on treasures like it.

It was a cold day in the neighborhood with the golden sun hovering off into the event horizon for the observers to all take note of: a trio of equines were standing on the street – a pair of unicorns, one stout cobalt ginger and a lightweight gilded with green; a red filly with copper tresses all highlighted about served as the exception to the masculine rule of law and order around them.

“Alright, guys, we need to talk: you know, we can all just pretend that we didn’t see those opening ceremonies but they’re very real, we’ve gotta do something; are we just gonna pretend Equestria is going to be okay… are we just going to wait until they’ve taken over the world…?” another equine flew into their collective viewpoint, a blond pegasus with midnight coating as is.

It wasn’t even long until the lanky bystander had stepped forward away from the others and said simply, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I can’t do this… I’ not doing this…”

“Snails…” the heavyweight had talked to the titular traveler almost instantaneously so to speak of, “you’re supposed to tell Roentgen he’s being ridiculous or something…?”

“Yeah he’s an idiot but I’m sorry, I just… I can’t do this anymore… I… I can’t do this anymore…!” the gilded unicorn answered before walking on away as the rest of them had now looked on right at him, especially his ginger counterpart.

Even she wasn’t immune to muttering, “damn…”


Minutes later, Snails was in a bedroom, neat and tidy but otherwise out of place as he’d sat at a desk, burying his muzzle underneath his forelegs; of course, the loneliness didn’t last as a knock on the closed door made his ears twitch even though he didn’t reply, prompting the knob to turn before it was opened: standing in the entranceway was the cobalt unicorn himself all somberly.

“Snails…” the lanky lounger’s hanger–on sighed after closing the door, approaching the tenant in question, “Snails, you can’t keep doing this; you know what, at some point, you’ve got to let this go…”

“Yeah, well, maybe you can forget what happened, but I can’t…” the aforementioned colt said to the cobalt unicorn, barely focused.

The lone ginger had replied freely, “look, what happened, happened: we can’t change it now; we have to move on…”

“Move on…?” Snails snarled speedily, staring back at his stout correspondent with stress in both eyes no less “our friend was hurt, Snips… she was hurt and we all stood there and did nothing…!”

“There was nothing we could do, Snails… there was nothing we could do; we had to get out of there…” the lone ginger said softly as the gilded unicorn had tried to walk away.

The eponymous listener had asked immediately, “did we?! Maybe we could have stopped them…!”

“How…?” Snips begged, “they were bigger than us…!”

“I dream about it every night: every time I close my eyes I see us just running away, running away while they hurt her over and over again and because we did nothing… they got away…” the gilded unicorn had heaved after looking away once more, this time with feelings of only melancholy subduing him.

The stout ginger had only pleaded gently all the same, “you can’t keep torturing yourself like this, Snails… let it go…”

“I’m… glad… that you guys can just keep living…” the titular tenant tepidly talked before trotting out the room, “I don’t think I can…”

“Dammit all…!” groaned Snips whom followed.


More time had passed, yet the day itself was far from over as the lone ginger found himself at a pond; like before, he wasn’t alone but there was another pegasus, albeit pink with a rainbow mane no less: a pair of amethysts orbs were already staring at the cold water adjacent before themselves so to speak.

A maidenly voice spoke to him, “hello, Snips…”

“Hi, Mona…” the aforementioned colt had said to the pink pegasus whom was sitting on a bench while he’d approached gently, “I don’t know what to do about Snails; you know, I don’t think he’s ever going to be the same…”

“And what about you, Snips: we were all in the jungle that day; we all saw it happen, right…?” she’d said back to the lone ginger anyways.

A tear had escaped from his beady eye as he’d struggled to speak, “yeah well, I just try not to think about it…”

“I thought I could go on like before but after seeing Twist getting hurt… I know I’ll never be the same…” Mona choked out as Snips looked away, still focusing in on the achromatic liquid afore them as he’d remained in place just inches away from her nevertheless, “do you remember that part with Twist and the candy thorns…? It didn’t make any sense, Snips…”

“I don’t need this now; I just want things the way they were…!” the lone ginger had barked without any warning whatsoever.

He soon decided to walk away but not before the pink pegasus spoke to him rather timidly, “you can’t run away from it forever; sooner or later, we all have to face what we saw…”

Snips wandered about through town before stopping in place, this time with more unease than ever before so to speak of; though calm on the outside, he was lost in what had seemed to be an infinity train of thoughts and memories running on: at the very least, it was as if the present was just a liminal space he’d been whisked away from, like a child in a distant location sequestered. Although time had moved on without the lone ginger, the only thing that had changed was the amount of fluid within both eyes; needless to say, gravity kicked in, not only pulling them down on the ground but also the stance he’d maintained up until currently: all he could do now was raise a hoof and face to the sky, despite weeping uncontrollably, undeterred by the unknown(s).

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment