• Published 6th Apr 2023
  • 1,881 Views, 13 Comments

The Weight of the Crown - Non Uberis



Following her ascension, Twilight Sparkle discovers that there are certain quirks that come with being an alicorn. Perhaps it has something to do with obesity being so commonplace in Equestria.

  • ...
18
 13
 1,881

Day 924

There was a great stir at the gala that night. Everypony was abuzz with excitement and anticipation regarding Equestria’s newest alicorn. And how could they not be, when she had just announced her engagement?

A number of stallions and mares were disappointed, naturally—not that they would have dared to say so out loud. They would have thought that, surely, they were far more desirable specimens, being born and bred of Canterlot stock, not to mention gorged upon the finest meals available to those in the country’s capital. Their horns were long and their forms were plump, the ideal that any unicorn could hope to achieve, for unicorns tended to be the largest of the three pony tribes by far, on account of the sheer extent of convenience which they were afforded by their malleable magic. It was considered the greatest symbol of status to be utterly enormous, borderline immobile, and yet still perfectly capable of functioning on account of the spells at their employ.

And to think, for all that, they had been passed over for a mere seamstress from Ponyville!

“Well I, for one, think it is a splendid development,” Fancy Pants remarked with a hearty chuckle that set his jowls rippling, “I did always think that you had the makings of a pony who would be right at home here in Canterlot, Miss Rarity.”

“Thank you kindly, dearest Fancy,” Rarity replied with a series of giggles of her own when Fancy Pants took her hand for a chaste kiss. Neither was particularly fazed by this act requiring the stallion to wade into the bulk of the other unicorn’s bosom, pressing in with his own portly chest and gut. “It always was my dream for a handsome prince to sweep me off my hooves, you know, but I suppose a princess will do just as nicely.”

“Oh, I’m sorry Rarity, I forgot about the sweeping part, but I can still fix that.”

Magenta light surrounded the unicorn and all at once, in spite of her sheer vastness, lifted her effortlessly into the air. She gasped, clamping her hands down on her skirt as she rose over the crowds, though there was only so much that could be done to cover the thick trunks that were her legs or the plump mounds of her rump. Her body twisted about independent of her volition and she was deposited into the waiting arms of the mare who had summoned her. To say that she was being “held” might have been a bit of an exaggeration, as there was only so much that could be contained by even the most muscular of arms, but where the levitation spell might have failed there was still a sprawling mattress of belly beneath her. The sentiment was ultimately still there, however, and they could each feel the beating of the other’s heart, the warmth that pumped through and between them.

“Twilight, darling,” she said, batting her eyelashes, “every now and then you still manage to surprise me with how delightful you are.”

Twilight Sparkle chuckled quietly. “I suppose I am a mare of many talents.”

Many talents.”

The positioning of Rarity’s breasts made doing so rather awkward, the huge globes squishing and compressing between them, but the two still managed to bring their muzzles together for a kiss. Fancy Pants started clapping good-naturedly, and that prompted a wave of cheer to pass through the hall and overtake the chatter. The loudest voices were their other friends, looking on with eager glee from wherever they were scattered throughout the room, a sensation which Twilight Sparkle felt in the core of her being as much as she heard it. There were so many ponies she knew here, and even among those she had no personal relation to she could still sense their own binding ties, the sprawling network of connections which linked one to the next. It stirred something within her, eliciting a faint rumble that shook through her; she disguised this by rocking her hips from side to side, prompting the ponies around her to shy away from the girth which threatened to knock into them, in awe of the sheer size on display.

“Does this mean you’re ready to be taken away to the fresh beginning of our new life together?” Twilight Sparkle asked in a low whisper.

Rarity pouted at her. “Twilight, the party has hardly even started! There’s so much socializing we have left to do!”

“Sorry Rarity, but if you’re going to spend the rest of your life with me then you’re just going to have to accept that I’m not as much of a social butterfly as you are.”

The unicorn huffed and turned up her nose (technically more sideways at this angle, leaving her curling mane to dangle downward). “Very well, then we shall alternate. Today we may retire early, but next time I’m going to keep you dancing until the sun comes up.”

Twilight Sparkle laughed. Compromise was inherent to the nature of any relationship, romantic or otherwise. And anyway, who was to say that, given enough time, either of them would choose to change their mind?

“Let us away, then!” Twilight Sparkle put a shade of Royal Canterlot Voice into her words to command attention from her surroundings as she stretched her wings. Their span was impressive, far broader than that of a typical pegasus, though it was almost an afterthought given the immense breadth which was already present in her hips and thighs. She beat her wings and pushed off with her hooves, and all at once she was over the crowds and Rarity was whooping and hollering—mostly in excitement, only a tad uneasy; she knew better than to look straight down by now—along with the surge of exhilaration that brimmed in the alicorn’s chest. There was another cheer, and it only might have had something to do with her audience being treated to the sight of the two curvaceous mares soaring overhead, a trail of indigo and magenta and purple left in her wake by her tail. She definitely heard Rainbow Dash amidst the cheers—the pegasus had mostly come to terms with the fact that her flight was more a tenuous tightrope performance of using magic to provide the support she needed to become airborne more than any physical maneuvering contributed to the act.

She sailed over the thronging herd of ponies, through the ballroom, coasting at a leisurely height, gliding more than flying except for when she needed to gain more height to follow the incline of a stairwell. The crowds steadily thinned as they left the gala behind, and eventually Twilight Sparkle banked to the side through a balcony and out into the cool night sky. Rarity clung tighter to her, their mutual softness mingling, and she was able to spare a moment to nuzzle against her, affectionate and comforting; the process of flight had become almost like second nature to her, but she still had some difficulties with multitasking. They climbed effortlessly toward the peak of the tower where their quarters were, and after alighting on the floor she finally let Rarity down, though not before they shared one more brief kiss, pressing into each other, muzzle and chest and belly.

“I don’t know how it took me so long to appreciate just how amazing you are, Twilight,” Rarity murmured while draped upon the front of the alicorn, resting over her cushy frame, head nestled into the cushy folds that circled her neck.

“You probably always did, Rarity,” Twilight Sparkle replied with a chuckle that reverberated through her, “it just took an extra push for you to realize that it was a romantic feeling.”

“Goodness, I wonder just what that might have been.” She snickered while one hand reached around to squeezed a fold of the other mare’s belly.

They both finally walked toward the wide double doors, each panel surrounded with a different shade of magic and swinging open nearly in sync with each other. Rarity managed to pass through the opening without much difficulty, but Twilight Sparkle felt her hips brush against the frame on either side. It didn’t pose any worry to her, if anything it only elicited a tingle of excitement running up her spine, and a hint of impatience. She was smiling as giddily as Pinkie Pie without even thinking of it.

Rarity came to a stop in the center of the spacious chamber and turned back around to face her. It took a few seconds for the wobbling of her body to completely cease, the hypnotic jiggling of her ponderous bosom, so generously framed by the neckline of her dress. Twilight Sparkle was aware that this was true of her as well, her rump quaking long after she had finished walking, even within the confines of her own clothes. Both outfits were Rarity originals, unsurprisingly, there was no way the mare wouldn’t have made their own clothes for an occasion like this.

“Rarity,” she murmured, feeling a goofy, bashful smile crease into her cheeks, “you really are the most beautiful pony I’ve ever known.”

“Oh please, Twilight, you don’t need to flatter me like that anymore,” the unicorn said, a scoff turning into a chuckle, “though I will certainly accept the flattery every time. I must hope, however, that you are giving your own beauty the credit that it deserves.”

She stepped forward, pressing herself against the other mare, her chest mashing into her long before she was close enough to place her palms upon the doughy mass. The two of them standing so close to each other served to put their relative sizes into perspective, Rarity’s huge breasts together only just matching the width of Twilight Sparkle’s belly, the dollops of flesh compressing into each other. And for as delightfully plump as her rear was, the cheeks extending in a broad shelf behind her, Twilight Sparkle knew that her own was so much larger, buttocks like boulders grafted to her bottom, jutting out behind and to the sides, the upper slopes even rising toward her shoulders, yet they still did not quite touch the ground while she stood, hovering only a scant few inches above the floor.

“Well…I suppose I do look pretty good,” she replied, faux-begrudging, sticking out her tongue.

“Pretty good now, perhaps.” Rarity batted her eyelashes and looked up at her with a hungry glimmer in her gaze. “But what about the full extent of your grandeur?”

Twilight Sparkle grinned back, sharing in that sense of yearning. “If you’re so eager for it, then I’d be glad to show you—”

“Ah-ah!” Rarity cut her off with a pinch to her gut before she could begin casting anything. “Not until you take your ensemble off!”

“Aw.” She pouted. “But tearing out of my clothes is half the fun.”

“You should know better than to think that I would allow such defacement on my watch, darling! Now, off!”

Twilight Sparkle sighed. Then her horn lit up and all at once her dress was gone, reappearing with a pop a moment later, articles neatly folding up and settling over each other in a pile.

“There, much better.” Rarity smiled wide once more while taking a few steps back to get a better view, and as a safety precaution. She made no attempt to hide the way her eyes roved across the alicorn’s form, taking in the lavender-furred hills and plains, the stars that were painted across her flanks, the majesty of her wings and horn and flowing mane and tail. “Now…” She raised her hands, beckoning, like a conductor signaling to an orchestra. “Begin.”

Twilight Sparkle smiled as she mentally undid the safeguards that were keeping her in check.

All at once, she surged outward.

The immensity which had before seemed so impossibly vast was now like a far cry in comparison, a gap which was widened with every passing second as Twilight Sparkle expanded like a balloon filling with air. Her stance shifted as her thighs pressed harder into each other, and then her rump met with the floor, colossal beanbag chairs let her sit while standing, at least until the burgeoning thickness of her calves, swallowing up her hooves, finally forced her into a prone position. Her gut spilled out in front of her, spreading inch by inch by inch, a lavender avalanche that would have smothered Rarity if she hadn’t already gotten out of the way, breasts splaying to either side of the flabby mountain slope. The alicorn reveled in the warmth and the softness, welling up and overflowing within her, even as her mobility fled from her, limbs sinking inward, neck swaddled in rolls, cheeks encroaching upon her muzzle and field of vision. Furniture was pushed over and buried beneath her (all enchanted in advance for durability) and finally she felt her mass pushing up against a vertical surface, the tide crawling up the walls.

Hands and hooves grabbed onto her, gradually pulling upward, crawling against the flood. Twilight Sparkle crooned languidly at the sensation of pressure, the weight which compounded upon her own enormous bulk. Eventually, Rarity came into view, climbing over the crest of the hill, huffing lightly for breath, strands of her mane hanging loose, but no worse for wear as she finally settled upon her living mattress, lying down flat upon the pillows of her gut and bosom. She took hold of the blob-mare’s face and leaned, alternating between kisses and nuzzling into the folds of flesh. There was little Twilight Sparkle could do other than to reciprocate the affection offered to her, like putty in her lover’s hands now.

But then Rarity stopped so that she could exhale a lamentable sigh.

“What’s wrong?” she asked, her voice heavier, dulled by the layers of fat weighing upon her throat and lungs.

“Oh, it’s nothing,” she said with a wry smile, “just…fantasizing, I suppose. I simply can’t help wishing that I could be…even half as decadently enormous as you are.” She reached to the side and pressed her palm into a neck fold, sinking in past the wrist. “Oh to be a princess—a true princess, an alicorn,” she murmured wistfully, “that would be the perfect existence.”

Twilight Sparkle stared back at her in breathless wonder. She knew, in that moment, that this was a dream which she would devote herself entirely to bringing to life. It was, of course, easy to say that she would do whatever she could for the mare she loved, or even before when they had merely been friends, just as she would have offered her assistance to any other. It was in her nature to offer herself and all that she was capable of to those who were close to her.

But she would have been lying if she hadn’t said that a significant motivating factor had been the mental image of the sprawling morass of alabaster flesh that the unicorn might one day become.

“Well, Rarity,” she whispered, “nopony ever said it was impossible.”

The unicorn turned back toward her, misty-eyed. “Do you really mean that, darling?”

“Absolutely,” Twilight Sparkle said, only slightly regretting that she couldn’t place a comforting hand upon her right now, “no matter what has to be done, I will find some way to make it happen. I would move mountains for you, Rarity.”

Rarity chuckled and smiled even as the tears trickled over her cheeks. “With all due respect, your majesty, you’d have to move your fat ass first.”

Twilight Sparkle smiled back.

Then her horn lit up again.

The mountain of mare rumbled and quaked. Rarity gasped as the incline shifted, threatening to send her sliding back, but the pliant flesh kept her in place. Twilight Sparkle’s body heaved upward and forward, her belly tilting into the wall ahead of her, fat spreading over the marble and supporting columns and the cool glass (all also magically reinforced, thankfully). Rarity finally found herself pinned against the hard surface and between the alicorn’s breasts—even those having eclipsed her own—with Twilight Sparkle’s flab-encircled face inches away from her.

“As you can see,” she quipped, “mountains are no obstacle for me.”

“I never would have expected otherwise,” Rarity responded.

This time Twilight Sparkle was the one who leaned in for a kiss, tilting her whole body, and Rarity eagerly welcomed it even as she was engulfed by lavender bulk in the process. There would be plenty to do in the future, but for now this was all either of them could ever want: each other, their hearts beating in tandem, and several tons of beautifully sculpted fat between them.

Author's Note:

This is where I must admit I had to make significant compromises in this story. I had wanted to have a scene taking place at the gala which would feature drama with Twilight and Rarity's relationship and Rarity admitting how she wants to be an alicorn, then an epilogue farther in the future in which both of them have settled down, but at this point things had gone on way too long so I just combined those two scenes into one. I guess it all still came together in the end, just not as much RariTwi as I might have liked the story to have.

I should have had scenes with Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy too but between the rapidly inflating word count and not having any ideas I opted to forgo that.

Just barely avoiding outright sex.

This story was a prompt suggested and voted for by my supporters on Patreon. Consider pledging your support if you enjoy my work and would be interested in participating in these selections in the future.

I also have a Ko-Fi for one-time donations.

Comments ( 2 )

Having read more than a few of your works I have to say you do an absolutely phenomenal job of really capturing the sheer gravitas of what makes the weight and gaining there of as something to be enjoyed and indulged in. I don’t mean to make a pun out of any of that but just to comment that you really do capture what makes being so large something to both be concerned over as well as something to feel that mounting anticipatory joy about.

Another incredible story of yours that im glad to get to read, so thank you so much!

11554975
Thanks! I think that "gravitas" is a big thing I go for in any of these stories, examining the nature and implications of these fetishes is a large part of the appeal for me. Maybe to a fault this time, as I really wanted this story to put a lot into the societal worldbuilding and the behavioral necessities required to have a life like this, but I hope Twilight's arc was reasonable at least.

Login or register to comment