• Published 18th Mar 2023
  • 632 Views, 26 Comments

Into the Night - TacoTues4Eva



A careless wish made during distress, Sunset is stuck having to return creatures from a comic series back to the pages they spawned from before the wish can be broken. At least she will have allies, even if they were the least expected.

  • ...
1
 26
 632

Chapter 5

Author's Note:

I want to thank Sunny Scriber for not only proof reading this story (especially this chapter and fixing the mess that it was), but also obtaining the awesome cover art which was created by Cotton whose twitter is https://twitter.com/smolducko. And also, I want to thank HarmonicPriest for naming the tiger monster, El Pyre Tigre - a fan of fried fries and frying enemies.

The Blue and Green Beetleborgs finally make an appearance which I will be putting the images below of what they look like as well as Uva.

For those of you who may think that you have seen Uva before, you are correct. He is a Greed from Kamen Rider OOO.

Jumping off the porch Sunset hurried towards the gate of the property while wondering just how she was supposed to get to the monster attack before the creature did too much damage. Even with the armor feeling as if it increased her stamina and strength, it would take a lot longer than she would like to reach where she needed to go.

“I’m sending your bike to you now, Red.” Bai said over the helmet’s intercom, surprising Sunset momentarily.

“I’m sorry, I don’t even know how to drive one!” Sunset gasped out, seeing a red stylized motorcycle heading toward her at high speed.

“Just get on and I’ll do the driving for now. We can worry about you learning how to ride it later.” Bai said as the bike came to a stop in front of Sunset. She barely climbed on and grabbed a hold of the handlebars before it shot off like a rocket which the teen barely managed not to scream from the sudden acceleration. The ride didn’t take long as Sunset flew by a police barricade earning shouts from them and a few reporters that barely managed to get out of the way.

“You humiliated me.” The green monster growled as Sunset disembarked off the bike.

“I’ve never even met you before, green bean.” Sunset huffed, pulling out her Sonic Laser and aimed it at the monster.

“You think that little pea shooter scares me, brat?” The monster chuckled. “I’m not one of your run of the mill Magnavore! I am the strongest of the three generals, UVA! Now, shake in fear!”

“Huh? What now?” Sunset managed to ask before Uva rushed at her while ignoring the lasers from the girl’s gun as if they were nothing. Laughing, Uva punched Sunset hard in the stomach which threw her across the street to land roughly on the ground where she groaned in pain. “I actually felt that...”

“Of course you felt it, foolish brat! I am THE strongest there is!” Uva laughed, cracking his knuckles, advancing on the downed girl.

“I’m pretty sure the Hulk would disagree.” Sunset groaned, wondering what possessed her to say that as the thought of those movies Rainbow had forced her to watch came to mind. Not that she regretted watching them, it was actually pretty good, but the thought brought a tinge of pain from how Rainbow, and most everyone else at school had been treating her.

“You need to get up, Red!” Bai screamed through the communicator.

“I am!” Sunset groaned as she rolled out of the way and up to her feet just as Uva stomped his foot down where the girl just was, leaving cracks on the pavement where his foot struck.

“You should have just made this easy on yourself!” Uva growled out.


“Trixie can’t believe that actually worked! Trixie is the Blue Stinger Beetleborg!” Trixie cried out excitedly, studying the blade-like weapon in her hand.

“And I’m the Green Hunter Beetleborg!” Wallflower cheered, feeling better and more confident than she ever has before. Maybe it was just the change, or the adrenaline running through her system, but she was sure she could face the world right now.

“I’m sorry to cut this short, but Red needs your help right now! Her armor integrity is in the yellow!” A voice came through the communication system in their helmets as their weapons disappeared.

“Who is that?” Trixie gasped.

“I’m the Beetle Artificial Intelligence, but you can call me Bai. Get out front and I’ll have your bikes ready!” Bai said with an urgent undertone.

“Good luck girls!” Flabber cheered as the two newest Beetleborgs nodded and ran out the door and jumped on their motorcycles before realizing something very important.

“Trix…do you know how to drive one of these things?” Wallflower asked nervously.

“Trixie has never been on one of these before.” Trixie admitted.

“Just hold on then, I’ll drive for now. You three need to come to the command center and practice with your equipment soon.” Bai said. Just like with Sunset, as soon as the two grabbed the handlebars the bikes took off from the property like rockets speeding down the path and onto the road towards where Sunset was.

“This… is… INSANE!” Screamed Wallflower as everything seemed to blur around them, including the blue and red lights of the police cruisers making up part of the blockade. They ignored the cries of stop as they sped by them and skidded to a stop in front of Uva throwing a bolt of lightning at Sunset who screamed in pain.

“You have to hurry, Red’s armor integrity is almost in the red!” Bai urged through the communicators.

“Uva has a strong resistance to ranged attacks, use your Stinger Blade to distract him while I check on Red.” Wallflower said as they dismounted the bikes, the blade returning to Trixie’s hand once she got off.

“Hurry!” Trixie said, rushing toward Uva and slashing at him with her blade which knocked him away from Sunset so Wallflower could get to her.

“Where did you come from?!” Uva demanded, Trixie fighting the urge to speak as she went in for another slash. She played enough video games that she was sure she could figure out what the gauges meant in her heads up display in her helmet. Luckily, her attacks seemed to be causing some damage as the bar she was sure was Uva’s life gauge dropped to about ninety percent. “Not a talkative one, huh? No matter, while I admit that hurt a little, you still don’t stand a chance against me!”

Smirking under her helmet, Trixie mentally commanded her Stinger Blade to go into Overdrive mode. Sighing in relief as the schematics flashed on the display momentarily as the side the blade’s base slid away revealing a small turbine that started spinning, making the blade spin as well as electricity arced up the length of it. Leaping forward, Trixie brought the spinning blade down from above and slashed Uva once again. The strike dropped Uva’s gauge down to seventy percent at the cost of draining three-fourths of Trixie’s remaining energy. Willing the turbine to stop, the side of the blade slid back closed while Trixie took up a more fencer style stance.

“You pathetic insect!” Uva roared in pain, clutching at his side as Sunset and Wallflower joined her on either side.


“Hey, are you okay?” Wallflower asked as she helped Sunset sit up a little shakily.

“I’m fine…Wait, who are you?” Sunset asked in surprise.

“There will be time to explain later, come on!” Wallflower said, helping the red armored girl to her feet. “Uva is highly resistant to ranged attacks so pull out your Pulsaber and get ready, but only defend yourself. Your armor and energy levels are too low.”

“That explains a lot.” Sunset grumped as she pulled out the small bladed weapon that Wallflower did moments before her. “Thanks… for saving me.”

“Don’t thank me, I’m just returning the favor.” Wallflower said, her emotions at war between hate, pity and possibly even a little bit of care for the girl beside her as the two joined Trixie. Wallflower rushed by Uva while managing to take a swipe with her blade at the side he was favoring, making him spin and stumble a little as he glared at all three of them with bladed weapons at the ready.

“You may have surprised me today, brats, but I will have my revenge next time!” Uva shouted angrily at the three before flying off in a ball of flame.

“Come on, let’s get you out of here.” Wallflower said as the three put their weapons up. She noticed the police were reluctant to come any closer as if they were waiting to see if they would attack them or anything. Shaking her head she went over to Sunset and helped her get on her bike that pulled up in front of them. “Can you hang on until we get you home?”

“Yeah… Thanks.” Sunset said, gripping the handlebars before the bike shot off. Moments later, Trixie and Wallflower were following after on their own bikes.

Back at Hillhurst, Trixie and Wallflower walked in, still in their armor, as Sunset dropped on the couch with Flabber fussing over the girl’s injuries while the same news broadcast was still playing on the television.

“It seems that the two new Beetleborgs may be more competent than the red one who took quite a beating today. There is already speculation that the green one may be their leader while the blue one seems to be the strong silent type. The police are warning people to stay away from them if you see them and asking anyone with information about their identities to call it in.” The reporter said before Sunset turned the device off with a grumble.

“Pfft, I’m no leader. I’m surprised I’m not a shaking mess over in the corner.” Wallflower said, earning Flabber and Sunset’s attention.

“Thank you girls for helping Sunny here.” Flabber said, trying to wrap Sunset up like a mummy while the girl kept pushing the gauze away.

“I really appreciate it, Flabber, but please cut it out and just give me the ice pack!” Sunset said, obviously trying hard not to snap at the man.

“Wait, why do you have a black eye?” Wallflower asked, a little shocked at the fact that Sunset actually had one. While she didn’t doubt getting injuries was possible in the armor, the black eye didn’t make a lot of sense. She started to realize something was up when Flabber took on a guilty expression.

“Well, little lady, I kind of accidentally elbowed her trying to wrap her up.” Flabber said, anything else he was going to say cut off as Sunset finally wrestled the roll of gauze from him and started wrapping it around his head, more specifically, around his mouth making Wallflower fight back a giggle as Sunset plucked the ice pack from the coffee table and held it to her eye.

“Thanks again for coming to my rescue but.. Who are you?” Sunset asked.

“Cast off!” Wallflower called out, her armor shattering into light particles as Sunset gave a confused look. When Trixie did the same, the fiery haired girl couldn’t hold a look of disbelief back, her eyes widening and mouth hanging open a little. She quickly shook her head a bit to get her head back on track.

“To tell the truth, I’m pretty surprised.” Sunset said with a wry grin, “I have to ask though, are you two going to be able to keep this a secret?”

“Trixie knows how to keep a secret!” Trixie huffed as Wallflower’s phone gave a notification chime with the magician’s coming right after. Hesitantly, they pulled them out and saw what Wallflower already suspected.

“Anon-A-Miss… again.” Wallflower sighed, “That’s twice they posted where we could see you weren’t even on any devices.”

“You two can give the bonders back, there aren’t any reasons for you to become involved in my mess.” Sunset said as she stood up and walked over to them as Flabber finally pulled the last of the gauze from around his mouth.

“I think you should ask what they want.” Flabber suggested.

“Honestly.. I want to go back to hating you so things can be simple again.” Wallflower sighed, hugging herself a little as she could feel her shyness beginning to bubble up, making her wonder if perhaps the armor did help boost her adrenaline or something to keep her from feeling so self conscious.

“You hated me?” Sunset asked, swallowing a lump forming in her throat.

“I hated that you were so popular and loved, even after everything you did! It wasn’t fair!” Wallflower snapped out, eyes watering a little.

“Trixie has to admit, she was jealous too. But Trixie never hated you though.” Trixie said, her hands behind her back and scuffing a toe of her boot on the floor nervously. “Trixie would like to get to know you and maybe become friends.”

“I’d like that.” Sunset said with a watery smile and Wallflower huffed.

“I am not going to just forget everything though! I'm not going to be your friend just because you are the great Sunset Shimmer!” Wallflower replied, trying to get the anger she had to come out, but the memory of her mom flashed across her mind and she dropped her head with a sigh. “But... You saved my mom from that tiger monster... And I guess I haven’t really gotten to know the real you, so I guess I can at least give you a chance.” She said before lifting her head up a bit to look at her with a small smile.

“I’d like that.” Sunset said, returning the smile with a bright one of her own before lunging at the two and hugging them. While Trixie seemed to melt into it, and even return it after a few moments, Wallflower was too uncomfortable with the sudden action to do anything, her smile turning into a look of shocked surprise as she went stiff in the hug.

Comments ( 1 )

11797012
I do too... His complete and sudden radio silence with no warning is really starting to concern me.. :fluttercry:

Login or register to comment