• Published 16th Feb 2023
  • 219 Views, 2 Comments

Back on Top - Applefai



Soarin feels dissatisfied, he has let himself go and wishes for a change

  • ...
 2
 219

Back to Basics

Soarin woke up bright and early the next morning, quickly going through his morning routine Soarin freshens up and leaves so he can go to basic training

Once there, he sees tons of new recruits, all bright eyed and full of spunk. Most of them noticed him right away and crowded around him.

Soarin blushed at the praise he was getting, happy to hear that he is still a legend to some.

The first day comes and goes pretty quickly with Soarin returning home before his kids do, there Rainbow is waiting for him to hear about his day.

“Welcome home, sweetie. How was your first day back at boot camp,” Rainbow asked as Soarin sat down.

“It was pleasant, a lot of new tricks were added and there are some maneuvers that are no longer performed,” Soarin informed Rainbow, regaling her about his day.

Months would pass with him being in basic training, the ol’ dizzitron was still in use, training cadets on how to quickly recover from spinning too quickly.

Soarin hadn’t been keeping track of his weight loss, but knew he was shredding the pounds faster while being here, his clothes at this point he could fit into, but not fit him.

On one of his days off from basic training he went shopping for new clothes, along with Rainbow who had slimmed down quite a bit. After a full day of shopping, the two returned home and looked in the mirror in the bathroom before stripping down.

They both smiled as they saw that their abs had returned, Soarin’s pecs jetted out and Rainbow’s breast was standing firm as well, she had gotten rid of the stretch lines and baby weight as well.

After admiring themselves in the mirror, they went into the kitchen to prepare dinner. As they were working, their kids came in from school and helped them set the table.

*************************************************************************************************************
A few months passed and soon Rainbow Dash and Soarin were finally Wonderbolt again, their commanders were so impressed with how fast they were learning that they pulled a few strings. As they suit up Soarin and Rainbow look at a scrap of paper with a big A+ stamped on it with red ink.

“I shoulda knew you two would pass,” Spitfire said as she closed her locker.

“Like we wouldn’t, though I did need Twilight’s help to study again,” Rainbow replied as she rubbed the back of her head sheepishly.
“Cut the crap, Hon,” Soarin said as he playfully nudged her, “you remembered, you just wanted to hang with Twi,”

Rainbow blushed as she nudged him back, “Well that too. But I did need help with the added stuff.

Spitfire let out a chuckle, “Well you two were certainly the talk of the town, you two may have set an academy record for fastest return from retirement,” she said as she put on her goggles.

As they got ready to take to the skies, Soarin’s heart beated rapidly as he heard the roar of the crowd, his excitement rising as he closed his eyes and took a deep breath as the announcer proclaimed the event.

“AAAAAND FLYING AGAIN FOR THE FIRST TIME AFTER COMING OUT OF RETIREMENT SOARIN AND RAINBOW DASH,” the announcer aid as they all took off flying, multiple ohhs and ahhs erupted from the crowd as they performed their stunts.

After the show, Soarin and Rainbow were chilling backstage when a knock was heard and in came Cumulo and Nimbus.

“That was so cool, dad. Why didn’t you say you two were rejoining the Bolts,” Cumulo asked, mesmerized by his parents' metamorphosis.

“We wanted to surprise you,” Soarin replied as he ruffled his son’s hair.

“We also did it to try and get back in shape, we actually needed to, we were eating too conveniently for a while,” Rainbow added as she ruffled her daughter’s hair.

“That’s great, I think I want to be a Wonderbolt like you two,” Cumulo said as Soarin chuckled.

“That sounds great, son, train hard like me and you might be able to, but first let’s go grab a bite,” Soarin replied as the left the stadium leaving behind an applauding audience and taking a new feeling of pride with them.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment