• Published 16th Feb 2023
  • 220 Views, 2 Comments

Back on Top - Applefai



Soarin feels dissatisfied, he has let himself go and wishes for a change

  • ...
 2
 220

Reapplication and New Tricks

When Soarin returns home from his jog, Rainbow is there waiting for him, she wears her night gown as waits for him in her chair.

“Where were you, Soarin?” she asked as she startled him when he came in.

With a sigh of regret, Soarin came in and threw his arms round her and gave her a hug. “I went to the bar, I had one cider with a plate of vegetarian buffalo wings and ranch,” Soarin confessed as he broke the hug and sat down on the couch.

Rainbow did her best to hold in a snicker, “That’s it?” she asked as she sat down. “Then why do you look like you feel guilty?” she asked as she brought him a bottle of water.

“Because I should be dieting if I want to lose weight,” Soarin stopped and paused for a minute before continuing. “With the kids grown up we can finally take time for ourselves, I was even thinking of rejoining the Wonderbolts,” Soarin said as Rainbow smiled.

“Soarin, you shouldn’t feel bad for indulging yourself,” Rainbow said, as Soarin put his hand on his face.

“I know, Bulk told me the same thing, but it’s just so hard to stay strong,” Soarin replied back.

“I know, Soar, I know. I had to abstain from alcoholic cider when I was pregnant, but it was worth it, plus my system did need some cleaning out,” Rainbow said as she side hugged Soarin.

Soarin looked up. “But that was something you had to do, this is something I want to do,” Soarin replied.

Rainbow lovingly rubbed his back, “I know, but that doesn’t matter, you just need to stay strong no matter if it’s a want or need, also you’re not alone, I’ve been working out myself, but I do indulge myself on some days, so don’t feel guilty,” Rainbow told him, revealing that she was working out too.

“You do?” Soarin asked as he looked at his wife, noticing how she does look a bit slimmer. She had grown a belly herself, but now it looked a little more firm, and the stretch marks from her pregnancy were receding

“Yes, I just work it off after,” Rainbow said as she got up, "I have my own gym that I go to, but I can always help you out at home,” she said as she went into the kitchen and brought them both a bottle of water. “Well, we should get to bed, I bet you plan on working out tomorrow,” Rainbow said as Soarin nodded and took his bottle of water upstairs.

*************************************************************************************************************

The next morning Soarin woke up early, as he did his daily routine in the bathroom he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. His body was now slimmer but he was still chubby, his chest flat as a board, his clothes though they still fit were now a tad loose causing him to pick out some tighter clothes.

As he headed to the gym the smells of the local bakery were still tempting, but he could still deny his cravings, realizing he forgot to eat breakfast, he did decide to stop, but instead of anything sugary, he ordered an everything bagel with cream cheese and black coffee.

Finding a seat in the eatery, he sat down and started to eat his breakfast as he waited for the gym to open. He had set aside a thirty minute workout for today, because he would be trying to reapply to the Bolts today.

Soarin slowly eats his breakfast and as soon as the gym opens, he checks in and starts working out, he focuses more on his cardio than anything, also training in the wind chamber they have for pegasi to train their wind resistance. The thirty minutes seem to fly by quickly as he finishes his time in the wind chamber, maxing out at thirty-three miles per hour wind.

After a quick shower at the gym and changing into a fresh set of clothes, Soarin hightails it to the Wonderbolt recruitment office, he meets with Spitfire, who oftentimes runs the place herself.

“Hey, there Clipper, Fleetfoot told me you may show up, though don’t expect any nepotism,” Spitfire said as she looked at his form.

“I know ma’am, you were always one for professionalism and I admire that,” Soarin replied as he waited.

After about ten minutes, Spitfire put the form down and stamped it. “This is the most I can do, I can accept you, but Wonderbolts have changed a lot, there are maneuvers that we no longer perform, now there are even non-pegasi joining our ranks more often, though they still can’t perform in aerial shows,’’ Spitfire said, listing off changes. “The gist is, you will have to go through basic training again and take the entrance exam again,” Spitfire finished as Soarin nodded.

“Understood, ma’am,” Soarin replied as he saluted.

“I have a feeling Crash will reapply to, so I won’t be giving you two the same coach and I won’t be coaching you two,” Spitfire said as she handed Soarin back his form. “Report there at 0500 tomorrow morning,” she said as she got back to doing paperwork.

Soarin saluted and left without saying another word, eager to try and climb back on top.