• Published 27th Dec 2022
  • 104 Views, 2 Comments

A Sweetie Hearth Warming - rpglover



Sweetie Belle was looking forward to the best Heart Warming ever! When things start looking blue for the unicorn filly, Pinkie will bring the Hearth Warming cheers!

  • ...
 2
 104

The Only Chapter[?]

Author's Note:

Happy Hearth Warming!

I was tasked with writing a story with Pinkie Pie and Sweetie Belle as the main characters without making them grown-up in a sense or making it a romance... (Not a problem!)

What is a problem was figuring out how to make the two connect, this story takes place some Hearth Warming after S5.E1 (Since I'll be referencing the Cutie Map) but when... IDK, and I'm not really going to think on that part.

Nothing else really will be reference in this story besides the map, and so I figure that's all really needed to know on where we'll be taking this story.


Hope you enjoy, and I wish you all a Happy Hearth Warming (Though this story comes out AFTER the 25th...Not by choice, obviously. :moustache:)


[The song I picked is "Silent Night"]

T'was the day before Hearth Warming Eve where our story takes place.
In the small town of Ponyville, every pony preparing for the holiday with cheer.

"Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la!" the sounds of ponies singing on this merry of holidays.

The houses and side were covered in a blissful winter snow, as the fillies gone out to play snowball or making snow angles. Watching the Hearth Warming cheer was a pink earth pony with a wide smile on her face. She loved this time of holiday, for it was the one time of year where every pony were out laughing and playing around.

Now to set up the scene for what is soon to come.

"And what scene is that narrator?" the pink pony asked no one as she looked towards the sky, almost like she was looking...straight...at...me? "OH! Is it the one where the reindeer all play hoofball to see who gets decide which one gets to lead pulling Santa's sleigh this year? Or is it the one where all the presents were stolen by this meany Grinch only to see that Hearth Warming is more about the presents and tha-"

STOP! *huff* Can I please tell this story? I don't have a lot of words to use before I hit my quota and I would like to use them sparingly.

"Okie-Dokie-Lokie!" the pink pony said cheerfully before strolling away, preparing for her part of the story.

Whoever decided on creating a fourth-wall breaking character should be put on the naughty-list for life!


As Sweetie Belle awoke on the morning of Hearth Warming Eve, she rose out of bed with a joy in her step.

Tomorrow was going to be the day her parents would be coming back from their long business trip from Manehattan, and the four of them would spend the Hearth Warming Holiday together as a family.


Strolling down the steps and into the kitchen where she saw her sister, Rarity, working on preparing breakfast. “Morning sis!” Sweetie called out with joy.

Rarity took a pause to look over and see her younger sister, a warm smile on her face, “Morning to you too, Sweetie.” She greeted back.


“Need any help?” the younger asked, with a hopeful plea in her voice.

Rarity quickly grew nerves, the idea of having Sweetie Belle anywhere near a stove, a knife, or even the sink was a bad idea. The young girl could catch water on fire if left anywhere near the kitchen unsupervised.

“No thanks, deary. I’m nearly done. Why don’t you set up the table?” hoping that just a small offer of help would be enough to not deter the young filly.

The young filly grew a little sadden, but quickly perked up and gone to work.


After a quick breakfast and a light conversation, Sweetie Belle was feeling perked up again. Even if she hadn’t gotten to help cook like she’d wanted too, at least she’d get to spend time with her sister. And tomorrow she’ll get to spend Hearth Warming with her parents as well.

But when you’re filled with joy, that’s when the world will try to take it away…


Rarity quickly remembered something of importance, “Oh!” she spoke, catching the younger filly’s attention, “I just remembered that mom and dad may not be able to make it for Hearth Warming this year.”

Those words were like lead weight to the young filly’s heart, her parents may not make it? Why? “Why not?!” she asked in fear.

“Apparently, while trying to make it out of Manehattan, some incident occurred preventing them from leaving.” She said with a burden.


Sweetie Belle’s Hearth Warming wasn’t looking so great, the only hope she’d given was that she would be spending it with her big si-


And out of nowhere, a light-blue light begun to flash where Rarity’s cutie mark sat. That could only mean one thing. Rarity was being summoned by the Cutie Map for a Friendship mission.

“I’m sorry deary, it looks like I have to head off for a while. I’ll try to be back as soon as I can, promise.” Rarity said before following after a floating projection of her cutie mark that was heading towards Twilight’s castle where the map sat.


The young filly wondered through Ponyville, seeing as every pony were getting ready for the holiday tomorrow with cheer while she’s left looking down and blue. Her parents weren’t going to make it this year, and her sister might not make it either.

She’d worked hard to prepare gifts for them, something she made to show how much she appreciate them and now they’ll never get to know how much she care for them.

“What am I going to do?”


“Well, there’s lots of things to do, like flying a kite, or building a snow-fort, or even a snow pony!” a high-pitched voice quickly interrupted the young filly’s sadden moment.

“YAHH!” She screamed, looking at the pony that appeared out of what appeared to have been thin-air. She was met with a pink earth pony with a poofy mane that were decorated in the shape of a hearth warming tree with working color light and tiny presents.

“Pinkie Pie?! What are you doing here?” she asked.

“It all began when I was born, I had just left the ho-“ before she could tell her story of her birth, Sweetie Belle quickly interrupted before she knew it would become an incredibly long and pointless story.


Thank you Sweetie Belle, I can’t deal with her going off script like that.


“I meant now.” She corrected.

“Oh, I had a weird feeling that some pony was feeling down and just had to find them. Cause why would any pony be sad on a day like today? It’s Hearth Warming Eve which I know isn’t Hearth Warming but its’ technically close that it might as well be the same thing, a day for everypony to go out shopping for perfect hearth warming presents for the special somepony or to bake yummy treats!”


Sweetie was lost for a moment, but quickly picked up the dreaded words she hadn’t wanted to hear. ‘presents for the special somepony’ like her family, whom she may not be able to give because they’re no here with her for Hearth Warming.

Tears begun to well in the young filly’s eyes, “Every pony but me!” she cried.

Pinkie’s hair begun to deflate for a moment, watching as one of her bestest of friends’ younger sister was sad was something that she couldn’t stand to watch.

An idea quickly sprang in the pink pony’s crazy mind, “What if I help you have the Bestest Hearth Warming Eve ever!”


Sweetie stopped for a moment, looking at the bright smile on Pinkie’s face. A question of if her idea would work and she would have the best Hearth Warming Eve spending it with Pinkie instead of her family.


As the day begun to reach an end, the two ponies had returned to Sweetie Belle’s house to rest. With the two covered in soot, both were smiling.

“That was so much fun Pinkie!” Sweetie Belle said with joy, her smile was shining brightly towards the pink pony that brought it to her.

“I had fun as well.”


Having spent the day trying to bake cupcakes and cookies, trying on Hearth Warming clothes, and even singing a few carols – something Sweetie enjoyed doing – the day was now approaching its end.

She let out a long yawn, feeling the day’s event catching up to her. “Guess its time for you to get to sleep. Have a happy Hear-“

But before Pinkie could finish her sentence, she was interrupted, “Could you tuck me to sleep?” there was a moment pause before she said what she wanted to say, “My mom would tuck me to sleep on Hearth Warming Eve, and I don-“

Pinkie gave a smile, “Say no more, let’s go!”


The two arrived up into Sweetie Belle’s room where she hopped into bed, with the blanket rapped up against her as she looked over to the pink party pony, “can you sing me a song?” she asked in a quiet whisper, though not low enough to where Pinkie couldn’t hear.

Pinkie paused for a moment to think of a perfect song to sing, she had many good choices but a lot of them were songs that got ponies moving and grooving, and this was not one of those times. A perfect song had came to mind and she’d begun to sing.


As the song continued on, Sweetie’s eyes begun to slowly shut and before she knew it. Sleep had soon claimed her. And instead of falling asleep sad like she had initially thought she would, she was happy to know there was another pony who cared.


Thank you, Pinkie Pie.’ Her final thoughts before sleep.


Unaware to the young pony who fell asleep, moments after Pinkie had left for the night, three ponies came on inside after a tremendous day.


Rarity was sent to Manehattan to fix a problem, apparently the cause for the traffic jam was cause a wagon carrying oranges had one of their axles broken and their content scattered.

After helping to fix and collect the missing oranges, traffic was able to return to normal and she was able to meet up with her parents. Having all three of them make it back before Hearth Warming.


“That was a stressful day.” Rarity said, slumping into the couch, just about ready to fall asleep there.

“Don’t be like that dear, you helped us greatly.” Her mother, Cookie Crumbles said.

“You might want to see this, honey!” the husband called out, grabbing both the mares’ attention. Arriving to Sweetie Belle’s room, they saw the youngest daughter already asleep with a stool next to her bed.


It was what was laying on the stool that grabbed their attention. A plate of cookies with a piece of paper next to it. Reading it, the parents couldn’t help but smile.

To the best family, I love you.


With a childish drawing of the whole family, with a pink pony drawn in the picture making the smaller pony smile.

Comments ( 2 )

You can always count on Pinkie to turn some frowns upside down! Which is one reason I picked her. :pinkiehappy: Ditto for Sweetie Belle sometimes needing that more than most others.

My favourite touch was Pinkie perhaps being a bit lonely and glad to be a substitute family to Sweetie Belle for the day – it fits in with how enthusiastic she was to be an Apple in Pinkie Apple Pie. Might she not feel like as much of a Pie as her family? :unsuresweetie: Well, a question for another day.

Thanks for the story. :twilightsmile:

That was a good story.

Login or register to comment