• Published 23rd Sep 2012
  • 11,266 Views, 110 Comments

Legend of Spyro: Friendship is Magic - FaizGuy



This is a blend of the Legend of Spyro Series with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

  • ...
10
 110
 11,266

Bridle Gossip

"Wow, what a gorgeous day!" Twilight awed as she looked at the sunny sky above them.

"Rainbow Dash must have gotten up early for once and cleared all the clouds away," Sparx noted.

"Maybe got the whole weather team here together for it," Spyro added, "So, Twilight, how was everything while I was up at Canterlot?"

"Oh, there was a big storm that lasted for exactly twenty four hours," Twilight informed, "They had to make it like that because the Pegasi missed a scheduled rain last week."

"I still don't get why they forgot last week," Sparx noted.

"I bet all of Ponyville is going to be out enjoying the sunshine," Twilight ignored Sparx before noticing something, "...What? Where is everypony?"

Sparx and Spyro noticed as well. The entire shopping district for Ponyville was bare and void of life. Spyro sniffed the air and noticed that all the ponies were hiding in the buildings...and they were afraid.

"Is it some sort of pony holiday?" Sparx asked.

"Not that I know of."

"Does my breath stink?" Sparx asked before exhaling in front of her.

"Not more than usual," Twilight replied, waving the stink away.

"Is it..." Sparx began to look shiftily, "...Viking Zombies?!

"Uh... not very likely," Twilight rolled her eyes.

"Not likely... but possible?" Sparx whimpered.

"It's not that, you two," Spyro informed, "From what I'm whiffing, everyone's inside the buildings and hiding. I think they're...afraid of something."

"...Is Applejack having her period?" Sparx asked before a magic-made flyswatter slapped him on the head, "Gah! It's the Flyswatter Aliens! They've come to collect the Dragonflies for their collection!"

"You had the nightmare again, didn't you?" Spyro frowned.

"Psst! Twilight! Sparx! Spyro!" a voice whispered before the trio saw Pinkie Pie peeking out of Sugarcube Corner, "Come here! Come! Here! Hurry! Before she gets you!"

Twilight sighed before she walked calmly into the bakery with Spyro, Sparx's natural lighting gently illuminating their way into the dark room, the dragonfly hugging Spyro's horn while shivering.

"Who?! The zombie pony?" Sparx asked.

"Z-Zombie pony?!" Pinkie Pie whimpered, shining her flashlight from under her.

"Gah!" Sparx screamed.

"Sparx! There are no zombie ponies," Twilight rolled her eyes.

"Pinkie, what are you doing here alone in the dark?" Spyro asked.

"I'm not alone in the dark," Pinkie Pie replied before Sparx's glow revealed the other friends and Applejack's little sister.

"Okay then, what are you all doing here in the dark?" Twilight asked, looking at them all in confusion.

"We're hidin' from her!" Applejack informed as she discreetly pointed out the window.

Twilight raised a brow before sharing a look with Spyro. The two looked out the window to see someone in a brown cloak, using a staff to scratch at the ground. Spyro and Twilight were pulled away just before the figure turned to the window. Twilight looked at the girls in annoyance as Spyro just raised a brow in confusion.

"Did you see her, Twilight? Did you see... Zecora?" the little yellow filly with apple red hair asked.

"Apple Bloom! I told you never to say that name," Applejack scolded.

"Well, I saw her glance this way..." Twilight noted.

"Glance evilly this way," Pinkie Pie injected, earning an annoyed look from Spyro and Twilight.

"...And then a bunch of you flip out for no good reason," Spyro finished for Twilight.

"No good reason?" Applejack demanded as she put an arm around Apple BLoom, "Ya call protectin' yer kin 'no good reason?'"

"No, protecting your family is a good trait," Spyro noted.

"Why, as soon as mah sister saw Zecora ridin' into town, she started shakin' in her lil' horseshoes."

"Did not!" Apple Bloom argued, her voice shaking as she was shaken by Applejack.

"So Ah swept her up and brought her here."

"I walked here myself!" Apple Bloom argued, blushing.

"For safe keepin'."

"Applejack, I'm not a baby!" Apple Bloom stomped her foot on the ground, "Ah can take care of myself!"

"Not from that creepy Zecora," Applejack argued.

"I don't know...She's smaller than you girls, meaning she can get into small spaces you all can't," Sparx noted before getting a glare from Applejack.

"She's mysterious," Fluttershy noted.

"Sinister," RD added.

"And spoooooky!" do I even need to say who the pink pony who said this is?

Twilight and Spyro facepalmed, the former groaning in annoyance. They glanced out the window...only to be nearly buried under the others as they looked out as well. The figure reached up to their hood and removed it, revealing a light-grey coat with their black and white hair done in a mohawk. In their ears was a pair of large, gold, hoop earrings. The girls, minus Twilight, gasped.

"Will you cut that out?" Twilight demanded.

"Just look at those stripes! So garish!" Rarity shuddered.

"She's a zebra," Twilight stated.

"A what!?" the others asked.

"A zebra. They're from Girafrica and are a nomadic species. They're amazing healers, but have a quirk of rhyming," Spyro informed, "And her stripes aren't a fashion choice Rarity, they're what she was born with."

"Mare down! Mare down!" Sparx yelped as Rarity fainted.

"Born where? Ah've never seen a pony like that in these parts, 'cept... her!"

"Girafrica," Spyro informed, "Seriously. Does anyone here go to the library? We have an entire bookshelf filled with other equine species in the world. But where does she live here?"

"That's just it, she lives in...th' Everfree Forest!" Applejack declared before a crash that sounded like a thunderclap went off.

"Sparx!" Twilight and Spyro groaned/shouted.

"Sorry! That was me!" Boomer called from the kitchen, "Was looking for any more Baked Bads."

"Th' Everfree Forest just ain't natural. Th' plants grow..."

"...Animals care for themselves..."

"...And the clouds move..."

"All on their own!" Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash finished in unison before Rarity fainted once more.

"And that wicked enchantress Zecora lives there doing her evil... stuff! She's so evil I even wrote a song about her!" Pinkie Pie informed.

"Here we go..." Rainbow sighed.

[Pinkie Pie]
She's an evil enchantress
She does evil dances
And if you look deep in her eyes
She'll put you in trances
Then what will she do?
She'll mix up an evil brew
Then she'll gobble you up
In a big tasty stew
Soooo... Watch out!

"Oh good Bahamut," Spyro muttered, "Please tell me you never sang that around her. If you do that, then we will be in big trouble with Griafrica...again."

"I said I was a sorry!" Sparx whined.

"It's a work in progress," Pinkie Pie informed.

"Do Equestria a favor, Pinkie Pie; never sing that again," Spyro advised, "And I will be informing mom and Cyril about this."

"What?! Why?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Like I said, I don't want another incident with Girafrica again. Not after what happened the last time."

"I said I was sorry!" Sparx whined.

"This is all just a lot of gossip and rumors. Now tell me; what exactly have you actually seen Zecora do?" Twilight demanded.

"Well..." Rainbow looked about, "Once a month, she comes into Ponyville."

"Oooooh," Twilight dramatically commented.

"Then, she lurks by the stores," Rarity added.

"Oh, my!" Twilight dramatically gasped.

"And then, she digs at the ground," Fluttershy gulped.

"Good gracious!" Twilight dramatically reacted, Apple Bloom walking up over to her, "Okay, I'm sorry. But how is any of this bad? Maybe she comes to town to visit?"

"Yeah! Maybe she's just tryin' to be neighborly," Apple Bloom agreed, earning a small smile from Twilight and Spyro.

"See? Listen to her," Sparx motioned to Apple Bloom.

"And maybe she's not lurking by the stores, maybe she's going to them, lurk free, to do some shopping?" Twilight continued.

"Yeah! Everypony likes to shop," Apple Bloom agreed, "You know what Ah think?"

"Apple Bloom! Hush and let th' big ponies talk," Applejack scooted her off, Twilight frowning at her friend's action.

"Ah am a big pony!" Apple Bloom muttered under her breath.

"To me, everyone's big," Sparx noted as he landed on her shoulder, "But, I get what you're saying. Glad to see not everyone here in Ponyville is racist."

"Racist?"

"W-what about digging at the ground? You've got to admit that's weird," Rainbow argued.

"What if she's digging for innocent creatures?" Fluttershy asked as Pinkie Pie began to sing again.

"I am sure there is an explanation for everything Zecora does. And if anypony here were actually brave enough to approach her, she would find out the truth," Twilight argued.

"Well, Ah'm brave enough," Apple Bloom informed as she discreetly opened the door and snuck out, "I'm gonna find out myself."

"Whoa! Wait up," Sparx noted as he landed on her large, pink bow, "I'll come with you."

"Thanks," Apple Bloom nodded.

"Hey. If you get in trouble, I don't want to be the guy who gets blamed," Sparx shrugged.

With that, the two left. They watched, getting closer through hiding behind things, as Zecora finished digging at the ground with her staff. Shaking her head, she put her hood back up and walked off. Zecora didn't notice as Apple Bloom continued to follow, hiding in the bushes with Sparx.


"You ponies are being ridiculous!" Spyro snapped, "Seriously! And I swear if you don't stop singing that song, Pinkie Pie, I will not be able to control my actions!"

"Well, I heard that Zecora eats hay," Pinkie Pie noted.

"Pinkie, I eat hay; you eat hay!" Twilight countered.

"Yeah, but I heard it's the evil way she eats hay," Pinkie Pie narrowed her eyes.

"There's no such thing as an evil way to eat hay!" Spyro exclaimed, "Are you girls seriously acting like this?!"

"Hey! Where's Apple Bloom?" Applejack demanded.

"The door's open," Fluttershy gasped.

"She went outside!" Rarity exclaimed.

"And Zecora's still out there," Rainbow added, holding Fluttershy close.

Applejack sighed, "That silly lil' filly! Ah told her t' stay put!"

"Boomer, you stay here in case Apple Bloom comes back," Spyro ordered.

"Will do!" Boomer's hand gave the 'OK' symbol before going back into the kitchen.


Apple Bloom peeked out of the last bush before the Everfree Forest. She gulped nervously before taking a deep breath and ran into it, Sparx holding her bow tightly. She watched Zecora carefully avoid a patch of blue flowers with blue leaves. The dragonfly and the pony looked at each other before Apple Bloom quickly and carefully avoided the flowers as well.

"Apple Bloom?"

Apple Bloom squeaked as Zecora turned to see the filly. Sparx let out a strangled cry before hiding in Apple Bloom's hair. Zecora raised a brow under her hood at seeing the filly as she was looking behind her to see the girls were all there, Spyro flying a few feet above them.

"You get back here right now!" Applejack ordered.

"Beware! Beware, you pony folk! Those leaves of blue are not a joke!" Zecora warned as she backed away into the forest.

"Leaves of blue?" Spyro repeated before noticing the girls had all ended up standing in the patch of blue leaves.

"Y-you keep your creepy mumbo-jumbo to yourself, ya hear?" Applejack demanded, picking Apple Bloom up in her arms.

"I'm really sorry about them!" Twilight apologized, "They've never met a zebra before!"

"Oh brother," Spyro sighed.

"Beware! Beware!"

"Yeah, back at ya, Zecora! You and your lame curse are the ones who better beware!"

"And you!" Applejack frowned at Apple Bloom, "Why couldn't you just listen to yer big sister?"

"I...I..."

"Who knows what kind of nasty curse Zecora could have just put on you?" Applejack didn't even let her finish.

"Just like in my song!"

"You guys, there's no such thing as curses!"

"Well, that's interesting to hear coming from Miss Magic Pants herself," Rainbow snorted.

"My magic, real magic, comes from within. It's a skill you're born with. Curses are artificial, fake magic. It's conjured with potions and incantations; all smoke and mirrors meant to scare. But curses have no real power, they're just an old pony tale," Twilight informed.

"Just you wait, Twilight. You're gonna learn that some pony tales really are true," Applejack advised.

"And you five will be expecting angry letters written to you all from mom later," Spyro informed, earning looks from the girls, "While we were coming here, I've been writing a letter to mom about this situation. And considering what you're all saying, I will be sending it once I get back to the library."

"What?! B-But Zecora..."

"Is an innocent Zebra," Spyro informed, "You just assume she's evil because she doesn't look like any of you."


"You actually sent it?" Twilight asked as Spyro finished buttoning his pajama shirt.

"Of course I did," Spyro replied, "I just...sent it to Ignitus."

"...I'm not sure if that's better or worse," Twilight noted before Spyro hiccuped and a scroll landed in his hands.

"..." Spyro opened it, "'Spyro: Thank you for informing us about this. While Cyril was unable to respond to your message as he is currently giving Trixie a lesson about her abilities, he would like to inform you that he does not like zebras because of an incident that we all swore we would never explain.' Bahamut-dang it, Master Cyril. 'Therefore, we will inform Celestia about this if and only if you and Twilight are unable to show them that Zecora is not as bad as they say she is. When I was living there, Zecora was a great conversationalist, even if Zebras can only speak in rhyme. Even with my new location, I've been making sure to visit her every few weeks to have our normal talks and am planning to see her tomorrow. If you wish, you can have the girls come along and be proved wrong in their actions against her. From: Ignitus.'"

"That makes sense," Twilight noted, "If Ignitus has been living there for years now, it isn't a surprise that he'd know this Zecora."

Spyro nodded, "So...Are we going to do it?"

"Sure. Tomorrow, we'll round up the girls, Boomer, and Drobot, and go with Ignitus to see her," Twilight assured as she put her brush down.

"Good," Spyro nodded.


Twilight Sparkle groaned as she got out of bed, "Ugh... what a dream... Curses, schmurses." she walked over to her bedroom mirror, "Whoa!" she giggled a bit as she saw her hair was a mess, "Maybe Zecora cursed my hair." she gave a nervous laugh as she brushed her hair...before gasping at the floppy horn she now had, blue spots covering it, "Or she cursed my horn!"

Spyro's eyes snapped open upon hearing Twilight's scream. He quickly dashed towards her room.

"Twilight! Are you o...?" Spyro began as he entered her bedroom...only to see the floppy horn, "...Uh..."


"No no no no no! None of these books have a cure!" Twilight groaned as she looked at her disorganized library, "Ugh! There has to be a real reason for this! An illness? An allergy?!"

"A curse!" Sparx argue.

"I said a real reason. Something that points to something real."

"How about this one?" Sparx offered as Spyro showed her a book.

"'Supernaturals'? Sparx, the word supernatural refers to things like ghosts and spirits and zombies, which are as make-believe as curses. This book is just a bunch of hooey!"

"Twilight, read the rest of the dang book," Spyro frowned, "Seriously, do I have to add that even you, Mom's best student, is acting prejudiced against a zebra? Especially since it hasn't even been two years since the last incident?"

"..." Twilight looked back at the book, "'Supernaturals: Natural Remedies and Cure-alls That Are Simply Super.'" she blushed, "Oh. ...I guess that this isn't..."

"Ah pfurse!" a muffled voice screamed before Pinkie Pie bounced in, her tongue swollen and covered in blue spots.

"A purse? How could it be a purse?" Sparx asked.

"Pinkie? What happened?" Twilight asked.

"Pee pah Zthecora! Sthe put a cursthe on me!"

"Hey, say it, don't spray it, Pinkie!" Spyro groaned as he wiped the spit off his face.

"Allow me. I happen to speak 'spit-talk,'" Boomer informed as he entered, "She said 'A curse! It was Zecora! She put a curse on me!'"

"Seriously. It's not a curse. Didn't you hear her yesterday about the blue leaves?" Spyro demanded before Rainbow Dash crashed into the side of the doorway.

"Ow!" thud "Oh! Help..." thud, "OW! Me!" Spyro opened the window, barely letting Rainbow in to crash into a wall and revealed her wings were upside down, "OW! I'm cursed!"

"I'm afraid I have to agree," the three looked to see a mound of white, messy hair that was blown a bit for a brief moment to show Rarity's annoyed expression.

"Oh sweet lord!" Sparx freaked.

"Ah hate t' say Ah told ya so, Twilight," a squeaky voice from the door made them look to see a tiny Applejack on Apple Bloom's shoulder, wearing a tiny dress from a doll, "but Ah told ya so!"

"...Wow," Spyro blinked as Drobot, Boomer, and Fluttershy entered.

"It's a curse, Ah tells ya!"

"Okay. I'm not gonna take you seriously with that voice," Sparx snickered.

"But Fluttershy... seems just fine!" Twilight argued, "Spyro as well!"

"That's because I didn't walk through the blue leaves," Spyro pointed out as he skimmed through the book Supernaturals.

"Yes, there doesn't seem to be a thing wrong with them, even if Fluttershy did go through the leaves if what you say is true, Spyro," Rarity examined ever time she was able to blow the hair out of her eyes.

"Fluttershy? Are you okay? Is there something wrong with you?" Twilight asked, earning a nod from her, "Would you care to tell us?" she shook her head, "So... you're not going to tell us?" she nodded, "Yes you're not, or yes you will?"

"Good gravy, girl! What's wrong with you?!" Applejack demanded.

"I don't want to talk about it."

All of them went silent after that. It...It was just...okay, wow. Seriously? Her voice was quite deep now, almost perfect for the blues or something. It was after a few more moments of silence, did Sparx fall onto the table, holding his gut and laughing up a storm.

"This is hilarious! Look at all of you! We got: Hairity..." he pointed at Rarity before Rainbow Dash, "Rainbow Crash..." towards Pinkie now, "Spitty Pie..." he pointed at Applejack as she was put on the table by Apple Bloom, "Apple Teeny..." he then pointed at FLuttershy as she hid behind Drobot, blushing up a storm, "Flutterguy, and..." he looked at Twilight, "...Uh...Well, I got nothin'... 'Twilight Sparkle.' I mean seriously, I can't even work with that."

"This is no joke, Sparx," Twilight frowned at him, "Now start looking for more books so I can find a cure!"

"Seriously? Read the dang book!" Sparx groaned as he pointed at the book in Spyro's hands, who was leafing through it.

"I think we'll find a cure to this curse at Zecora's place!"

"It's not a curse!" Twilight and Spyro snapped as Rainbow crashed into a bookshelf.

"Ah agree with Dash! We'll go to Zecora's and force her t' remove this hex!" Applejack declared.

"It's not a hex either!" Twilight growled, her hair trying to ignite, before everyone but Apple Bloom, Drobot, and Spike started shouting at once.

"This is all my fault. If Ah hadn't followed Zecora in the first place, none of this would have happened," Apple Bloom frowned.

"Hey now. It's not your fault. Blame their stupidity," Sparx advised.

"Ah just gotta fix this, Sparx," Apple Bloom informed.

"You mean we gotta fix this," Sparx informed before zipping over to Drobot, "Yo, Drobot, I need some help escorting a little girl to see someone."

=Acknowledged= Drobot nodded before looking over at Apple Bloom.

"Now where does she think she's goin' this time?" Applejack frowned before she managed to jump into her sister's tail.

"ENOUGH!" Spyro roared out, "This is not a curse! If you'd just read this book, you'd..."

"I don't care what you two say, Twilight, Spyro. It's time to pony up and confront Zecora. Come on, girls. Are you with me?" Rainbow demanded.

"Ah am-pft!"

"And I as well," Rarity agreed.

"Uh, I don't know. Seems awfully dangerous," Fluttershy noted, Boomer trying to avoid snickering.

"How about you, Applejack?" Rainbow asked, not earning any reply, "...Applejack?"

"Pf-she's gone-pft!"

"Aah! Or somepony stepped on her!" Rarity freaked as they began to check their feet.

"...or sat on her?" Twilight guessed.

"I'm clean," Boomer informed.

"Rarity's hair!" Rainbow pointed at Rarity before Pinkie Pie tackled the Unicorn.

"Oh! OH! Pinkie, what are you doing? Ah, really. Aah! You ever hear of personal space?" Rarity demanded.

"Nopthe."

"Drobot and Apple Bloom are gone too!"

"I bet they went after Zecora," Rainbow informed.

"Well we better go find them. Come on girls, let's go," Twilight informed before the door opened.

"Excuse me, but is everyone here, Spyro?" Ignitus asked as he looked inside, "Oh dear. It seems you all stumbled into some Poison Joke."

"...Poison what?" Twilight blinked.

"It's in the book!" Spyro shoved the book Twilight dismissed into her face.


=Heat signatures indicate we are on the correct trail= Drobot informed.

"Thanks," Apple Bloom beamed.

"Stop right there!" a squeaky voice shouted, making Apple Bloom look at her tail to see AJ in it, "Turn around right now, missy!"

"No," Apple Bloom replied.

"No?! You can't ignore a direct order from yer big sister!" Applejack demanded before Spark picked her up and dropped her on a 'large' leaf, "Hey!"

"Hehehe. Sorry, Applejack, but Ah'm the big sister now," Apple Bloom giggled, "Besides, Drobot and Sparx are here, so Ah'll be fine."

"Apple Bloom, you come back here right this instant!" AJ shouted, yet Apple Bloom just ignored her as she held Drobot's non-robotic hand and made their way into the Everfree, "Ah'm gonna tell Big McIntosh on you! Aw, pony feathers."

"You know, he'll probably scold you and not her," Sparx noted, "I mean, she's not being ignorant for one."

"Hush up, you! She's a witch! Ah jest now it!" AJ argued, stomping her foot on the leaf.

"Do you have any proof?" Sparx asked, "And don't you dare mention how she looks! Seriously, don't do that. I may or may not have nearly caused Equestria to go to war with Griafrica because I did something that involved a zebra." AJ gave him a look, "Look. I-I'm just gonna go now. Gotta keep the light in this place for Apple Bloom!" he turned and zipped off, "Okay! See ya! Be good!"


"C'mon girls, troll, and dragons. We've got to get to Zecora's. Hurry!" Twilight ordered as she was about to charge into the forest when Ignitus stopped her with a wing.

"Perhaps you should allow me to lead," Ignitus advised, "I've lived here for a few years now and I know of the paths that are safe and which are not."

"Oh. R-Right," Twilight blushed.

"Hey, wait for me!" Rainbow called as she zipped by haphazardly.

"...We really need to get her to stop trying to fly while her wings are like that," Twilight noted.

"'I tried to stop her! But her wings are acting like they have a mind of their own!'" Boomer translated for Pinkie Pie, "'Seriously, I wonder if the guys who made this had that idea when they decided on what effects the Poison Joke would have on us.' Wait, what?" he turned to see no one beside him before turning to the forest where Ignitus was entering...with Pinkie Pie on his back and waving at them, "Gah! Wait up!"

Up ahead, Rainbow screamed before crashing into a few plants, "...Ow..."

"Rainbow!" Rainbow opened her eyes to see the tiny Applejack standing there with a set of reigns made of the plantlife in her arms, "Thank Celestia! There's no time to lose! I need to get to Zecora's pronto!" before Rainbow could say anything, AJ quickly set her up with the Earth Pony sitting on the Pegasus, using the pony's cleavage as a seat, "Giddyup pony!"

"Ex-CUSE me?" Rainbow demanded.

"YEEE-HAW!" AJ declared before slamming her heel into Rainbow, causing her body to take flight.

"What the...?!"

"No, Rainbow Dash. Other way!"


"Oh. I look horrible!" Rarity exclaimed.

"Plis place plooks horrible!"

"Meh. Looks nice to me," Boomer shrugged before Pinkie Pie showed Rarity the sight before them.

"Oh my. That place really does look horrible!" Rarity gasped.

The group of mares, one troll, and two dragons stood before a large tree, hollowed out to make a house. Tribal masks and different strange items, such as sticks decorated in black stripes, bound feathers, and spiral designs were scattered about the outside of the building. Peeking in through a window, the girls saw the inside was much like the outside.

"Nice decorations, if you like creepy!" Rarity noted.

"They're from her homeland," Ignitus pointed out before Zecora entered from the stairway, carrying a small pouch.

Without her robes, Zecora was revealed to be a beautiful zebra. Her body was quite fit and shapely, more than attractive enough to earn quite a few looks from the opposite gender. All she wore was a pair of fur-made cloths shaped into a knee-length skirt with a slit in the right side and a tube top. Beneath her skirt, the girls could see a sun spiral on her hip. She removed something from the pouch and put it into a bubling cauldron. She let out something in a strange language and Pinkie Pie gasped.

"Sthe sthtole my sthong! Shthe shtole mm mm!"

"She stole your song?" Boomer asked.

"Oh Pinkie. Doesn't sound anything like your song," Twilight noted.

"Ah. Hmm... Pbth!" Pinkie Pie zipped over to Fluttershy and began to whimper and give her sad eyes.

Fluttershy sighed.

[Fluttershy]
She's an evil enchantress
And she does evil dances
And if you look deep in her eyes
She will put you in trances
Then what would she do?
She'll mix up an evil brew
Then she'll gobble you up
In a big tasty stew
Soooo... Watch out.

Ignitus glanced at Spyro, who replied, "Yeah...Blame Pinkie Pie."

"I can assure you that she is not an evil enchantress," Ignitus frowned, "And I am truly ashamed and offended at that song you created about my friend, Pinkamena Diane Pie."

Pinkie Pie slumped at that, her mane and tail deflating a bit.

"You saw those terrible things. Now do you believe us Twilight?" Rarity asked.

"Scary looking masks, confusing incantations, and a great big bubbling cauldron?" Twilight asked.

"The incantation is actually an old tribal song she likes to sign when she's brewing or cooking," Ignitus informed before sniffing the air, "And it seems that she's making something I had to have when I first started living here."

"Mmm! The perfect temperature for ponies, I presume. Now, where is that metal dragon Drobot and little Apple Bloom?" Zecora asked.

"...Sit and stay quiet," Ignitus ordered before any of them could freak.

Once he was sure that they wouldn't do anything, Ignitus calmly approached the door to the treehouse. He rapped on it a few times. Inside, Zecora paused in her brewing to walk over to the door.

"Ah, Ignitus my friend. So good to see you again," Zecora greeted.

"Good day, Zecora," Ignitus greeted, "It's a pleasure to see you as well. Sadly, I have an issue at the moment. Did you by chance see a dragon that was part machine, a dragonfly that talks almost as much as Volteer-maybe even more-, and a little filly with a pink bow?"

"Indeed, I did see those three. Right now, they are helping me," Zecora explained, "Collecting my ingredients, Drobot and Apple Bloom. They should return with them soon. It is so nice to see, that someone from Ponyville doesn't seem to avoid me."

Ignitus nodded, "Indeed. Though, it may have been caused by rumors of you being a witch."

"I am no witch, yet again. I, my friend, am a Shaman," Zecora frowned.

"Yes, yes, I know there is a difference. But I do not think whoever spread the rumor did not," Ignitus informed, "Now then, I have brought along the mares that were inflicted with the Poison Joke and someone I have always hoped to see again."

Zecora raised a brow. Ignitus looked over at the girls, Boomer, and Spyro and motioned for them to come over. When Spyro was over, Zecora gasped before bowing.

"Oh, truly a glorious day this is compared to any past! The purple dragon is alive and here at last!"

"Oh, no, no, no. Please don't bow," Spyro blushed, "My name's Spyro. These are my friends, Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Boomer." he winced a bit as he heard Rainbow crash down, hitting the house, "And the one who just crashed into your house, my apologies, is Rainbow. And, judging by the small thing on her neck, that is Applejack. All of them were affected by the Poison Joke."

"Hey," Boomer greeted.

"Hello," Twilight greeted.

"Zecora! Ah think we found all th' things ya asked for," Apple Bloom called as she and Drobot walked over, the filly's face covered by the basket of natural ingredients she was carrying.

"Apple Bloom! You're okay!" Applejack gasped in relief.

"Why wouldn't Ah be?" Apple Bloom asked, "And how'd ya get here? Sparx left ya on a leaf."

"Ah rode on Rainbow Dash," Applejack informed, "Dang blasted curse."

Zecora and Apple Bloom started to laugh.

"Sis, this isn't a curse," Apple Bloom informed.

"If you will remember back, the words I spoke were quite exact. 'Beware, beware you pony folk. Those leaves of blue are not a joke.'"

"It was a warnin'. About that blue plant. It's called Poison Joke."

"That plant is much like poison oak. But its results are like a joke."

"What in th' hay does that mean?" AJ demanded.

"It means this plant does not breed wrath. Instead this plant just wants a laugh."

"...Will somepony please talk normal?"

"Oh, you weren't there when Ignitus was telling us about it. What Zecora is saying is that when we ran in to save Apple Bloom, we ran into the poison joke. All our problems are just little jokes that played on us," Twilight informed.

"LITTLE JOKES?! Very funny," Appejack growled.

"Ok, fine. But what about the cauldron in there?" Rainbow asked.

"And the chanting?" Fluttershy added, earning a laugh from Sparx and Boomer.

"And the creepy decor?" Rarity questioned.

"Treasures of the native land where I am from. This one speaks 'hello', and this 'welcome'," Zecora informed.

"Not welcoming at all, if you ask me," Rarity muttered.

"The words I chanted were from olden times. Something you call a nursery rhyme."

"And th' cauldron? That pot of water is fer all these herbal ingredients. Th' cure for poison joke is a simple old-natural remedy. You just gotta take a bubble bath!" Apple Bloom beamed.

"I was trying to figure out what it was and how to cure it. Didn't think it was the one with the bath," Spyro noted, taking out the library's copy of Supernaturals: Natural Remedies and Cure-alls That Are Simply Super.

"You also have the book, I see. I am glad that you do not lack it in your library," Zecora informed.

"I had the answer the whole time, if only I had bothered to look inside," Twilight shook her head while the other girls were giving shamed looks at the ground.

"Maybe next time you will take a second look, and not judge the cover of the book," Zecora gave a gentle chuckle, earning a nod from Ignitus.

"Zecora? Would you be kind enough to mix up a batch of the herbal bath?" Twilight asked.

"Mix it up I certainly will. Yet I am missing an herb from Ponyville," Zecora informed.

"But whenever Zecora comes to town, all the shops are mysteriously closed," Apple Bloom informed.

"Oh, well... I think we can help you with that," Twilight assured before a flash went off, "...Boomer, did you just take a picture of us?"

"No..." Boomer replied slowly as he discreetly put his bomb-camera away.


"Look Rose! How awful!"

"The wicked enchantress has cursed them all."

"The horror, the horror!"

"Run, ponies! Run!"

"I'm not surprised this happened," Spyro noted as they approached one of the houses.

"Daisy, we need to talk," Twilight stated, frowning at the mare who had spread the witch rumor once she answered the door.


''Dear Princess Celestia,
My friends and I all learned an important lesson this week: Never judge a book by its cover. Someone may look unusual, or funny, or scary. But you have to look past that and learn who they are inside. Real friends don't care what your "cover" is; it's the "contents" of a pony that count. And a good friend, like a good book, is something that will last forever.
Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle'' Twilight thought as she wrote her letter, a soft violet one-piece swimsuit on her as she and the other mares were in a large bubble bath.

"Miss Zecora, I would love to get the recipe for this bath. It's simply luxurious!" one of the Spa Mares of the spa they were using to cure the six complimented, the males all sitting outside the spa.

"Applejack! Hey, where's Applejack?!" Apple Bloom asked, causing everyone to check their feet.

"Ah'm right here, little sis," everyone looked over at a sink, Applejack sitting on it with a towel keeping her modest, "Ah ain't tiny no more!"

"Oh! I have never felt so lovely in all my life!" Rarity beamed as she looked at her cured self in a nearby mirror as Rainbow flapped her fixed wings with a small smile.

"Oh, my gosh! I never realized how horrible it is not to be able to talk. I mean, I love talking so much, and when I couldn't talk anymore, my tongue was all 'ehhhh'! It was the worst! Don't you agree, Fluttershy?" Pinkie Pie asked.

Fluttershy remained silent for a few moments before replying with a gentle, "...Yes."

Author's Note:

Well, here it is. Sorry it took so long. I just kinda lost interest for a while.

Comments ( 19 )

YEAH! FINALLY! You had updated it! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

5505467
O.o;
...you're welcome?

5506709

I thought you had abandoned it! And when do you will start the mixed up

with The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night?

5506713
That's in the sequel.

5506953

And the sequel would be mixed up with season 2 or 3?

5511315
...I did a Family Matters reference?

IT LIVES! HALELUJAH!!!:pinkiehappy:

...My life can now continue.:twilightsmile:

Since there are now four seasons, with a fifth one coming soon, will you be doing those, or will you stop after season 3? And what of Equestria Girls?

The Question is anthro is on equestrians or just some creatures like hunter and others just asking?

I have a feeling that there will be a romance with Spyro.

2309266 Then when do you plan to do volume 2? Also do you plan to include more Dragons from the Skylaners Series or how about some from the Original Spyro Series?

I've read through this alternate universe crossover over repeatedly. Awesome story! When will the next chapters come out? If you're on a writer's block, I can probably contribute some suggestions and ideas for you to work on. Want to hear the suggestions and ideas?

Can you continue this story please? I really like this story and want to see it escalate more

Lyo

Is there a possibility that you will continue the story again?

How long are you going to make the next chapter of the legend of Spyro friendship is magic fimfiction

So since you haven't updated this story in a long while, I can guess you have either no longer have time to continue or you just gave up on it, if its one of those, I could pick up the slack and continue it for ya

where is a new chapter anyway ? it been years since that story was out

Login or register to comment