• Published 16th Jul 2022
  • 1,072 Views, 14 Comments

My Little Pony + Thomas & Friends: Equestria Sodor Engines - ShaggyBoi23



Join Twilight & Spike as they go on an epic adventure to stop Sunset Shimmer. They land in a universe filled with talking trains and meet a blue cheeky tank engine. Now, the three must bring the friendship back together and retrieve Twilight's crown.

  • ...
7
 14
 1,072

Meeting Fluttershy the Shy engine by confronting Sunset and Sir Topham Hatt & Miss Celestia meets Twilight.

"Oh, I'm really sorry. I-I just found it, and-and I thought I should give it to him. I didn't know you had." Fluttershy's voice spoke to someone just as timidly as pony Fluttershy.

The trio chuffed slowly through the nearby corner to where they see Fluttershy's engine counterpart who is an E 3/3 3 "Beinwyl", with a 0-8-0 wheel configuration. She was bringing coaches for her passengers when Sunset was in front of her, giving her a nasty glare.

"Fluttershy," Thomas spoke up recognizing who she is.

"And Sunset Shimmer," Twilight added with shocked and narrowed eyes as she found the engine who took her crown.

"Well, I did! And I was about to get it before you swooped in and ruined everything! You shouldn't shunt up things that don't belong to you in the railway." Sunset scolded Fluttershy as she steamed out of place on her face.

"It... doesn't really belong to you, either." Steam Engine Fluttershy shyly retorted in a hushed tone.

"Excuse me?!" Sunset yelled in her face as she bumps her buffers onto her, causing Engine Fluttershy to use her breaks to prevent derailing, which she was backed up against. The passengers were worried about what could happen next if there was no engine that could end the argument.

"N-n-nothing..." Steam Engine Fluttershy stammered as her cheeks turned red for a moment, sparkling Twilight, Thomas, and Spike's anger at her treating Fluttershy like that.

"That's what I thought. It's as good as mine, and you know it. You really are pathetic. It's no wonder your best friends are all stray animals with your big green forest engine friend of yours." She further bullied Steam Engine Fluttershy as she bumps her buffers in her face to possibly derail her.

"How dare you speak to her that way!" Twilight bravely spoke to Sunset.

"What did you say?" Sunset angrily responded as she turns to face her.

"She said, How dare you speak to her that way!" Thomas repeated as he and Twilight glared at Sunset.

Sunset got into each other's faces as they glared down at each other with the passengers nearby cowering from the sight as they looked at Thomas and the two new engines. Spike just watched from behind her, glaring at Sunset as well.

As they two glared down at each other, Sunset then smirked as if she recognizes her as the engine she had just stolen from in the other world.

"You must be new here, and bringing in new friends, Thomas? Pathetic!" Sunset told her as she flicked her chin upwards as she walked ahead. "I can speak to anyone, any I want," Sunset added as she continued smirking and intimated one of the passengers with steam, making them angry and shouting at Sunset at her rude remarks, before chuffing off backwords as Thomas glares in her direction while Spike growls as they both show her their disdain towards her.

"I can't believe you did that!" Steam Engine Fluttershy said in amazement as she chuffed to them.

"I couldn't just stand there." Twilight simply replied, pumping enough steam from her funnel.

"Well, it's just that nobody, except Thomas, ever stands up to Sunset Shimmer." Steam Engine Fluttershy explained why it's surprising for anyone to do what she just did.

"Sunset Shimmer?" Twilight asked as she looked in her direction as she turned the corner.

"You've heard of her?" Steam Engine Fluttershy asked her as she was glaring in her direction. "Thomas has known her around when she first arrived in Sodor, causing many ruckuses and disasters around Sodor for her actions on the railway."

"Sort of..." Twilight half-truthfully said.

"I don't think I've seen you around before." She noted as she looked at her, who looks at her a little confused herself. "Did you just transfer to Sodor from another railway?" Steam Engine Fluttershy asked her.

"Yes, we did." Twilight smoothly answered as she turned to face her "My name's Twilight Sparkle."

"I'm... Fluttershy..." Fluttershy quietly said.

"Sorry, what was that?" Twilight asked again not hearing what she had just said.

"That's Fluttershy, Twilight." Thomas said, "She's the shyish engine around Sodor when she first arrived. She delivers supplies for Great Waterton and helps out with James' coaches for his passengers to arrive at different stations."

"Wait a minute, but how can that...?" Twilight tried to make out what she heard what Thomas said, as Engine Fluttershy eyes Spike the Boxcab Diesel.

"Oh, my goodness!" Fluttershy affectionately ran up to him with buttoned-up eyes. "Who's this sweet little diesel?"

"That's Spike! My, uh... diesel friend!" Twilight answered as she regained her mind when Fluttershy chugged near past her.

"Oh, he's so cute!" Steam Engine Fluttershy affectionately held Spike up closely and then offered him a tooting. "Go on, little diesel! You look too new around here."

Spike notices this and was taken that he is a small box diesel.

"Huh? I'm not that little." He spoke as he really enjoyed the treat and then use his horn to greet Fluttershy with a smile.

"Oh, wouldn't ya just give anything to know what they're really thinking?" Steam Engine Fluttershy told Twilight who rolled her eyes with Spike.

"If it's worth about being really useful engines," Thomas said with a meaningful expression, with Twilight having a deadpan expression that it takes something she really likes to get her to really talk and get excited about.

"Oh, w-what do you mean?" Fluttershy wondered what she meant by that as Spike was listing to the conservation.

"Nothing. Just thinking of what everyone like you would dream of." Spike answered as he nervously smiled.

"Anyways, Sunset Shimmer said you picked something up," Twilight spoke up wanting to get back on track on their mission. "Something that belonged to her."

"It wasn't a crown, was it?" Spike asked Steam Engine Fluttershy.

"How did you know?" Steam Engine Fluttershy asked in surprise.

"Uh, lucky guess?" Twilight replied with a nervous chuckle before smiling eagerly so they can go back in no time at all. "Do you still have it?"

"Mm-mm." Steam Engine Fluttershy answered, "But I don't have it anymore."

"But you know what happened to it," Thomas asked since he wants to know why Twlight needed a crown and had an idea of where to look next while still smiling.

"Mm-hmm. " Steam Engine Fluttershy again answered no as she explains. "This morning, I was chugging out my coaches for the passengers to arrive here along with flyers of animal shelter like I do every Wednesday around Sodor."

"Nice to see you care a lot whole for animals." Spike complimented.

"Thanks." Steam Engine Fluttershy thanked Spike for the compliment before continuing. "Only that no one else has the heart to even lift a finger up for them."

Steam Engine Fluttershy then sadly spoke as she recalled the memory of her crying depressed when no one would help her until the crown flies into her head to which she picks it up wondering what it is.

"I have no idea how it got there. But I didn't want anything to happen to it, so my drivers decided to give it to Sir Topham Hatt and Miss Celestia." Steam Engine Fluttershy honestly explained as she toots with Spike.

"Miss Celestia? She's the ruler here?" Twilight asked her. "And who in the world is Sir Topham Hatt?"

"Sir Topham Hatt is our railway Controller, Twilight," Thomas explained. "He wants all his engines and diesels to be working their hardest to keep the railway running safely and on time."

"And Miss Celestia along with her sister, Luna, takes charge of Sir Topham Hatt's Railway if he's on vacation." Fluttershy nodded, "Sir Topham Hatt has a good relationship with the two on managing the railway when he's gone to different places for a vacation."

"You could say that," Twilight answered as she is a little weirded out by her choice of words. "Technically, I guess she, Miss Luna, and Topham do make the rules in this railway."

"You'll have to forgive Sir Topham Hatt and Miss Celestia," Thomas told Twilight. "Because Sodor is more on the higher ends of royalty so it really takes some time to adjust around here when you're a new engine in Sodor. Also, if you cause an accident or get into trouble, you won't like it when Sir Topham Hatt and Miss Celestia see steam engines or diesels get into trouble."

This made Twilight and Spike gulp nervously. When Thomas was leading them to the world of Sodor, he once told them the story of how he got too cheeky by messing with Gordon by taking his coaches but got carried away when Toby told him that the signal was red, and when Emily pulled her breaks, Thomas stopped and Gordon's coaches derailed, leading Thomas that he made a mistake, thus, resulting Sir Topham Hatt to take his branch line away for a new engine to takeover, leading Thomas to work on the construction yard. Twilight never knew Sir Topham Hatt at first, but with Thomas' words on their Railway Controller, she knew that STP is an authority figure, but also a busy man who wants his engines to work their hardest to keep the railway running.

"Where are they now?" Twilight asked Steam Engine Fluttershy a little more urgently.

"Probably at Knapford Station," Fluttershy answered as Twilight and Spike go in opposite directions with Thomas telling them before the way, as he knew where Knapford Station is, as the two back to her wondering where to go. "Follow Thomas on the way, he knows where's he going." She told them.

"Thank you!" Twilight thanked and toots after her as she was about to follow Thomas to head to Knapford Station.

"Oh, wait!" Steam Engine Fluttershy called out to the trio just as they turned the corner, Thankfully, they stopped in their tracks before they completely ran off. "You're not really supposed to bring in another engine or diesel with you on railway grounds when doing your jobs on Sodor." Steam Engine Fluttershy told them pointing out at Spike.

"It's best to send them to the yards to shunt trucks, have them explore around by Railway rules, or get them to do the job. That's what every engine is doing around Sodor." Steam Engine Fluttershy added as she briefly showed them her animal companions in her driver's cab as they were getting used to the noises. "They're just told to do so by Sir Topham Hatt to keep the railway running, but it's so lonely when I'm in my branch line or job all day, which is why I brought my animals here for comfort."

"Oh, okay! Thank you!" Twilight again thanked Steam Engine Fluttershy for the advice as she and Spike follows Thomas with Annie and Clarabel behind him, thus, the bell rings in Peel Godred.

"Oh, no! I'm late for the next station!" Steam Engine Fluttershy exclaimed as she tells her animal companions to get in her cab and the passengers in the coaches before chugging off to her next station.


As Twilight and Spike followed Twilight by side, there were 4 people on top of the bridge with two holding their cameras when they heard Thomas found two new engines in Sodor.

"Hi, Thomas!" The man said, seeing Thomas with Twilight and Spike. "We like to take photos of the new engines, Twilight and Spike!"

"Can we get a quick picture with you with the new engines!" The other man said, who was delighted to see Twilight and Spike with Thomas. "It'll be nice to have a group picture of the three of you here!"

"Sure thing!" Thomas nodded and looked at Twilight, who was groaning and has to slow down to not let the photographers down, since she was in a hurry, "Don't worry, Twilight, they wanted to take a group photo, so let's give them a smile."

Spike agreed with Thomas as they smiled when they were ready to take the pictures. Sighing as to not let them down, Twilight gave a good smile for the photographers to take pictures of the three.

After a few quick photographs, the two photographers thanked them, however, they wanted to take more pictures of Twilight and Spike, which made Twilight irritated but Spike was happy to get some recognition with the locals on Sodor. Thomas informed that Knapford Station is close by so that he can arrive in time at Knapford.


At Knapford Station, there were four engines who are at Knapford Station. One is a Red Class 28 of a class of 0-6-0 mixed-traffic tender locomotive with a Number 5 on his tender, which his name is James, and a blue A1 class with a number 4 on his tender, which his name is Gordon. Henry and Percy were discussing about Thomas finding Twilight and Spike, with Gordon and James being skeptical about the new engines.

"Well, I hear this Twilight and Spike character is Purple like Rosie and Ryan." James said, "In my opinion, I don't think there aren't enough purple engines around Sodor."

"I don't suppose these two are fast." Gorden nodded. "One steam engine and a boxcab diesel wouldn't be able to reach up on my hill."

"Oh yes, she and he is," Percy said, jumping to the conservation. "Twilight and Spike could be fast when they travel with Thomas around Sodor. I saw Thomas bring Twilight and Spike to Brendam Docks to see the engines working there, and I had the chance to meet the two."

When Thomas arrived, his friends were already talking about Twilight and Spike around, since Percy wanted to spread the word around so that everyone wants to see the two.

"Twilight Sparkle? Spike?" The voice said, revealed to be the Fat Controller himself, Sir Topham Hatt, "What's all this talk about Twilight and Spike? I'd like to know what these two strange engines are doing on my railway."

"And it seems like Thomas is the only one who has seen them." Another voice said, revealed to be Miss Celestia, "I'd like to see these two with Sir Topham Hatt, Thomas."

"Well, they should be arriving pretty soon by now," Thomas said, nervously, since Twilight and Spike are behind but catching up after the photographs. "The thing with Twilight and Spike is that there were photographers taking pictures of the two when I first found them. Maybe we should just wait till they arrive at Knapford Station."

"Nah I can't Thomas, but me and Miss Celestia can't just forget about Twilight and Spike." Sir Topham Hatt said curiously, "Can you take me and Miss Celestia to see them please?"

"Well... Uh..." Thomas shuddered when he heard a whistle from behind, revealed to be Twilight Sparkle and Spike as they finally arrived at Knapford Station, "Oh! There they are, Sir!"

Sir Topham Hatt and Miss Celestia looked ahead and were astonished to know that Thomas was right. There was Twilight Sparkle chugging her way to make it in time to meet STP and Miss Celestia. James and Gorden were surprised to see Twilight but were not amazed to see Spike as a Boxcab Diesel, despite they have rivals and grudges against diesels.

"Sorry for the delay!" Twilight said, taking breaths as she and Spike arrived just in time to meet STP and Miss Celestia, "There were many photographers taking pictures of me and Spike since Thomas lead us around Sodor."

"Oh, so you must be Twilight. Percy and Heney were talking about you with your little diesel boxcab, Spike." Sir Topham Hatt said, and greet themselves, "I'm Sir Topham Hatt, and this here is Miss Celestia. I am a busy man, Miss Celestia is also a busy woman, where she and her sister look over the railway when I'm on vacation, and this is a very busy railway."

"And since Thomas was the one to found you and Spike, Sir Topham Hatt will expect you and Spike to be a really useful engine and diesel, right away." Miss Celestia added, "So... since Thomas has found you and Spike, Edward would show you and Spike what to do on being really useful engines in Sodor."

"That's great, Miss Celestia." Twilight said, grinning at her and STP but her mind was surprised that Celestia wasn't an Engine. "But... did you have to stumble across a crown that Fluttershy found?"

"Yes. I've had Luna put it somewhere for safekeeping." Miss Celestia asked. "No idea how it ended up on the track."

"Were you interested in running for the Sodor Formal Race this year?" Sir Topham Hatt asked Twilight.

"Sodor Formal Race?" Twilight asked, playing along. She didn't think the Railway Controller would believe her if she said the crown was hers.

"It's Sodor's big event for engines who could race the fastest engines of Sodor history," Miss Celestia explained.

"Like the Grand Galloping Gala," Twilight said, bringing up good memories for her.

"Uh, what Grand Galloping Gala?" Sir Topham Hatt asked, a bit confused.

"Oh, uh, it was a big deal at my old railway," Twilight said quickly.

"And was there a princess?" Celestia asked curiously.

"Yes, but she wasn't exactly a steam engine." Spike clarified.

"Here at Sodor, the engines select one of their peers to represent them for the race." Miss Celestia explained, pointing to a wall that had previous winners, and the last three were occupied by Sunset Shimmer, making Twilight scowl a bit and Spike nervous. "She receives her crown and trophy at the Sodor Forma Race if they're in first place."

Twilight then got an idea.

"So, when is the Sodor Formal Race?" Twilight asked.

"In two days." Thomas said, as he approached closely to the conservation. "Everyone is finishing up their jobs right now and are preparing for the race when it's settled."

"Can anyone run?" Spike asked, seeing a plan forming.

"Yes. You just need to let the head of the Sodor Formal planning committee know you'd and your friends would participate for the race." Miss Celestia asked. "Was there anything else?"

"Um, nope! That was it!" Twilight answered as she and Spike are smiling.

"Well, if you do need anything else, Sir Topham Hatt and I will always be in Knapford Station," Miss Celestia said as she leaves to go inside her office behind Twilight.

"You two should be in the yard by now." Sir Topham Hatt said, "Edward is expecting you two and will help you how to be really useful."

"Right, Sir." Twilight nodded, as Sir Topham Hatt goes into his office.

"Twilight, why didn't ya just tell her the crown was yours and ask for it back?" Spike asked.

"Oh, I was going to, but imagine if one of them showed up in Equestria saying they came from a place filled with big heavy, metal, wheels with boxes on them with a face on their funnels with these? We'd think they would be crazy!" Twilight told Spike, looking at her buffers before looking at Thomas and his friends, who was wondering what Twilight was mumbling about. "I mean... I was just rambling about my day dreaming of myself being a pony from another world, Thomas"

"I see... You must've been tired form your railway, huh, Twilight?" Thomas said, slightly confused but brushes off if Twilight was lying. "Beside, I don't think there are unicorns or Pegasus in Sodor... You have been day dreaming right, Twilight?"

"Hmm. You make a good point," Spike stated and turned to Thomas. "Twilight tends to day dream a lot of herself being a pony. She's just tired from her old railway being too busy, Thomas."

"Looks like if I want my crown back, I'll have to become the Princess of the Sodor Formal Race!" Twilight considered. "So that's what I'm gonna do!"

"That's an excellent idea!" Thomass rejoiced.

"What is?" Percy interrupts.

"And how exactly do you plan on doing that?" Gordon asks about her plan.

"I have no idea." Twilight answered, still smiling due to her considered idea.

"You have to prove to Sir Topham Hatt and Miss Celestia that you're a really useful engine to participate, Twilight." James laughed, "Besides, Spike doesn't look like he could be competing as he could be slow, but I'll be competing with Gorodn for the Sodor Formal Race, to show my splendid red paint around the race!"

"We'll see about that, James." Gordon said, sternly at him, "We'll have to finish our jobs first before the race."

With that, Gordon and James puffed away as their signals have turned green to go on their next destination. Thomas then says goodbye to Twilight as he has to focus on his Branch Line along with Percy. Twilight and Spike however, are now arriving to Knapford Yards, where one engine is expecting their arrival.

Author's Note:

There was a debate if I were to include Celestia as an engine or the EQG version of her but the Sodor version wearing a different outfit to be with STP to meet Twilight. But since this alternate take of Sodor features the Mane 5 as the Engines, it's best to have Celestia's role be more human than an engine tbh.

Also, for Spike, the original idea for Spike on Sodor is to have him be a Breakvan, but since that's been done before and Toad already existed, I wanted Spike to be a Boxcab since Phillip was the reason I had to come up with a different approach for Spike

The Oliver & Toad part will be in the next chapter lol. Had to cut it here since I feel it would be expanded more for a next chapter.

Comments ( 8 )

Bro wtf is this fanfic?! This makes zero sense!

As a Thomas a the tank engine fan. Bro what what is this, It's off on a technical level that Twilight wouldn't be a normal steam engine, she would be the newest and improved Coal engine to represent her magic capabilities.
L + Bad lore + Ratio + Bozo

11303813
Well, if you do mind help me give some kind of criticism I could improve upon in the later chapters. I'm behind honest here because I am doing my best cooperating elements here, but since you are a TTTE fan, would you mind if you do point out constructive criticism and some tips for me if I can fix up the lore?

The part you mentioned about Twilight having magic capabilities is going to be in the later chapters, as I had an idea of it when developing this fic. I wanted the beginning parts to get a fresh start for Twilight in this story to fit the Sodor realism, since I don't want to pull the spoilers ahead.

11303812
To be honest, you could give me constructive criticism for me to improve on the fic.

Just out of curiosity, But can you continue this story? It's amazing

11307525
I'm continuing it while working on other stories. I have gotten some criticism on some bits from other readers when I have the story ahead already planned when developing. Do keep in mind if you have ideas here, it's appreciated.

When are you going to finish it?
because I'm so excited to read the rest of this story

Are you going to be able to finish the rest of the story? because I'm so excited to see the rest

Login or register to comment