• Published 30th Jun 2022
  • 2,463 Views, 521 Comments

The Girl who Didn't Just Live - computerneek



It isn't very often that the Dark Lord will aim to kill himself and return to fight his own supporters. This one had a huge surprise waiting when he did- and finding that Harry Potter wasn't a boy... wasn't it.

  • ...
15
 521
 2,463

Chapter 32

“Captain Shining Armor?”

Shining Armor looked up at his name after entering the library, and quickly spotted the caller. It was an older student, probably third-year, with a veritable bonfire of hair flowing down her back. She was seated at one of the tables, a book lying closed in front of her; she must’ve been thinking or something. She was wearing one of the badges that indicated a position within the Student Instructor Program, unlike him; he had so much trouble getting his wand to work properly that he didn’t qualify for even a Student Instructor position. Not that it had stopped the management team from working with him for other purposes, counting on his skills and experience as the Captain of the Equestrian Royal Guard for close to fifty years. “Yes?” he asked, walking forwards- and as he approached, he picked out the text on the girl’s nameplate, which he couldn’t read from the door.

She was Morning Sun… his second-in-command for all of three months. She’d risen through the ranks so quickly at least in part because of her uncanny ability to read ponies like a book, even when they had good poker faces. Several times, she’d called suspects out during an interrogation for lying… and they’d subsequently admitted to it, and usually confessed to committing the crime in question as well.

“Ahh, Morning Sun,” he greeted, trotting over to her. “Long time no see.” He paused, glancing at her badge- she was the Lead Student Instructor of Defense Against the Dark Arts for third-year Ravenclaws… which meant she was a third-year, which lined up with her disappearance from Equestria two years before his own.

She chuckled softly. “Yeah… I wasn’t your Second In Command for very long at all, was I?”

He chuckled as well. “No, no you weren’t,” he agreed. “I see you’re a third-year here, though, so it’s not like you had much choice.” He shrugged. “Ain't no Royal Guard in Hogwarts. But anyways, how’s it been these last two years?”

She paused. “... Relaxing,” she decided slowly.


“Ahh, good you, Morning,” Hailey greeted.

Morning chuckled softly as she entered Hailey’s office a week after Halloween to deliver the week’s report on how the Student Instructors she oversaw were doing; Hailey always greeted her like that. It was a sort of in-joke between the two of them.

“Good me to you too,” she answered, closing the door behind her. “All pretty good this week- I think that Hogsmeade visit on Halloween did everyone good.” She opened her mouth to continue, but Hailey beat her to it.

“How did Sirius look when you met him?” she asked.

Morning froze. “Y-You know about that?”

She nodded. “Yes, I happen to know some pretty good Seers. Well…” She paused. “You could say, at least. Surely you guessed that was why I gave you that ancient newspaper?”

Morning paused. “Uh- Yes, I guessed. It’s just…” She paused. “I’m not used to people knowing about random stuff like that.”

Hailey shrugged. “Neither me, really, and don’t worry, it won’t happen very often. As a matter of fact, the main reason I knew to set anyone up to meet Sirius like that was because I happen to know someone that lives in a very similar universe to ours… Yes, interdimensional travelers, and in their universe, the portrait of the Fat Lady got shredded on Halloween night because she wouldn’t let him in.”

She paused. “He did look like he might have done that, yeah,” she muttered.

She chuckled. “But anyways, there’s something else I’d like to talk to you about. It’s…” She paused to dig in a drawer with one hand; her other was holding Sadarina in place in her lap.

Sadarina smiled cheerfully up at her as Hailey worked.

“Ahh, here it is,” Hailey muttered, set a pamphlet on the desk, and turned it to face Morning. “You’re easily one of the best students in the school, so we want to offer you a Head Student Instructor position.”

“We?” Morning asked, tilting her head.

She nodded. “Yes, We. That is to say, the management team; all HSIs are automatically part of said management team.” She paused. “I also happen to be the management team lead, but that’s beside the point.”

Author's Note:

Does this chapter feel incomplete, at only 710 words? Yes?

It should. I trimmed it from 2500 words to keep it from spoiling the rewrite too badly.

Patreon, Discord.

Speaking of the rewrite, this story is quite suddenly some 8697 words longer, not including this chapter, because I've uploaded the rewritten versions of chapters 16 through 20- a total of nearly 24,000 words of fully rewritten content! Well okay, the Sequence link-up sequence was re-used verbatum, but that's merely the interaction between Ginny's seed and her Obelisk... Everything else is new. With some fun new twists that should make things quite interesting even for rereaders, I think, without throwing everything too far off the rails!


Sorry, but the story was cancelled at some point... see the blog posts I made about them. I'll probably come back and actually link to them at some point, but right now I can't be bothered. A replacement is coming, though, don't worry! ... Eventually.

Comments ( 12 )

I still think it's good. Also-hi Shining Armor! Now I just need to read those rewrites...

Comment posted by keybounce deleted May 14th, 2023

The dreaded to be continued... wonder what comes next. 1 like =94, congratulations.

I always kinda wonder where all the dislikes come from especially on a work like this.
is it people who reached the end on a bad day,
or simply someone who truly disliked the path of the story,
maybe they binge read thinking it was a finished work,
I can't say.
in the end I'm still tracking this story

Reread. Enjoyed it again. Looking forward to seeing more. :twilightsmile:

11717578
My original account Black-Soul was deleted years ago. I was like 3 years inactive and they changed servers hosting Fimfiction.
So that story is gone. But even if not, I only got 50 likes and 49 dislike back than with bearly any comments so...
Meh :applejackunsure:

My currently published stories are way better in my opinion.

11717578
But the story line was basically the first Horcrux got used up to be revived by a Veela girl (infant kidnapped by deatheaters), while original Spector Voldemort was busy doing his things.
Changed it up a bit here or there like, when a Horcrux is created its always roughly the half of the remaining soul available getting used for the creation.
So in short:
Female Veela Voldemort with a x-com viper like animagus form and everything remotely good in him got shoveld into the first Horcrux.
My reasoning why original Voldemort and Horcrux 2-8 are irredeemable.
It's hard to find good in someone if it isn't there in the first place...

So arguably 'good side' Voldemort has to keep his distance from Harry Potter, due to a bad feeling they both get when nearly touching.
Veela Voldemort learns later how Harry Killed the Spectors body with a touch alone.
So he has to stay close to Harry Potter to be a 'friend', but never touch because his contact with the boy that lived would end fatal.

I used the Pendant from the cursed water that Harry and Dumbledore got in the movie as Basilisk Horcrux substitute.

Had 'good Voldemort' near Harry supporting him, while playing the dark lord in hiding part.

Basically not longer a defective Horcrux, but a real individual want to get rid of all other Voldemort remains and hopes that fullfilled the Prophecy.

I think my last chapter had Lucius wife with Veela Voldemort working together.
Can't remember the rest.

But the end goal was Veela Voldemort helping Harry to the end, than with all 3 Deathly Hollows he ask Death that is a Thestral Alicorn for sparring her.
Thestral gives the choice to Harry Potter.
Since they are friends for years and her saving him more than once.
Happy End.

Unfortunately like many stories, it was not to be...

11717600
Probably not how I would have done that story, but it sounds like an interesting read nonetheless. Was it only on FimFic or something, no backups?

11717643
FIMFiction account and my old pc that has died years ago.
But in theory I could make it new.
But my Harry Potter general knowledge has faded over the years and I rather focus on my current stories when I find free time.

Maybe Fimfetch has it still?
'Harry Potter - Veela Voldemort vs. Prophecy'

APS

11717600
hm.. interesting, and you are on my reading list after I have read most of computerneek stories :twilightsheepish:
(or at least the stories I think are interesting :ajbemused: )

Are you working on this story still? I love what you are doing here and would like to see more.

11808725
Unfortunately no, this story was cancelled rather long ago... and I guess I never marked it as such, whoops. I have made a few blog posts about it, though, and a new version is coming, never fear! It just... might take a while...

Login or register to comment