• Published 19th Apr 2022
  • 562 Views, 20 Comments

The Monster - Mancin



What to do with a little filly who isn't afraid of anything?

  • ...
3
 20
 562

No wonder

"Fire me, Boss! I can't take it anymore!" the hairy beast cried. His massive shoulders shook as he sat before the desk, buried his head in his claws, and sobbed like a little girl. "She's impossible! Nothing I do can get to her!"

His Boss sighed, then got up and offered him a tissue, which he gratefully took and blew his nose like a foghorn. "Now, calm down, Fleegon. You're one of my best Scarers! Surely there's something you haven't thought of?" the Boss offered hopefully.

Fleegon stopped crying long enough to glare up at his employer. "Weren't you listening?! I said I've tried everything! Nothing, I mean nothing works!" With that, he got up, turned, and stomped out of the office.

The Boss sighed again, then went back to his desk and took out her file to read it again, trying to find something he might have missed. As he sat there pondering, a dark thought entered his head. He picked up the phone on his desk. "Shirley...contact...Him." He could hear the sharp intake of breath from his secretary.

"S...Sir? Are...are you sure?"

"I wish I wasn't. Do as I say."

"Y...yes, Sir."


The Boss waited in the agreed-upon meeting place, trying not to look too nervous. Then, he heard soft, stealthy footsteps behind him. He turned to look, but there was nothing there. When he turned back, the One he'd come to meet was standing a few short inches from his face, with two red eyes like slits and a grin of glistening fangs. The Boss suppressed the scream about to explode out of him, but he did jerk a couple of steps back. The Boss found his voice. "I...have an assignment for you." The Creature snatched the file out of his claw and opened it. After reading, it laughed a cold laugh and threw the file back into the dirt before the Boss. "It has to be done tonight. Will you do it?" The Creature faded from view and uttered one word.

Yes


That morning, Silver awoke with a start and sat straight up in bed. Something horrible was going to happen in her room tonight. She didn't know how she knew.

She just knew.


As night closed around Ponyville and the Spoon mansion, the little filly reluctantly made it up to her room on stiff legs. She'd tried, when it had started happening, to talk to her Mom about the occurrences, but her Mom hadn't believed her. So she was no help. And nopony else would have believed her.

So she was all alone.

As midnight approached, her eyes snapped open as the door to her closet slowly crept open. She sighed and turned over. Not this again. Then, a scratching sound began beneath her bed. With a grunt of annoyance, she opened her eyes again, as dark tendrils like claws formed all around her from under the bed. Then she heard a low chuckle. It suddenly stopped when she muttered, "Would you cut it out? I'm trying to sleep!"


The Creature froze from under the bed, dumbfounded. It had never encountered another being that had absolutely no fearful reaction to its presence! It could sense the child's emotions and heartbeat, and both were steady.

As the Creature was pondering what to do next, several things happened at once. Unsteady hoofsteps approached the room, and a drunken stallion's voice called out, "Silllllver! Daaaaddy's home!" It then sensed the child's heartbeat shoot up, and she got out of bed and crawled underneath it with him!

"Move over!" she urgently whispered. "And shut up! He'll hear you!"

Her bedroom door burst open, and her father came staggering in. "Silver! (hic) Where are you, you little slut?" He went over to her bed and crouched down. "I know you're under here...(hic) Daddy's thought of a new game we can both play with that sweet, bubble ass of y---hrrk!" His voice was cut off as a clawed, cold hand gripped him around the throat.

I'll play with you..."Daddy."

It held him aloft as its eyes bored into his. Her father pleaded, "No! Please don't kill me! I'll quit drinking! I'll never hurt her again, I swear!"

But the Creature had no mercy. It set its claws against his stomach, then said, "I am going to pull your intestines out and feed on them while you are still alive, you filth.

Before he could start, Silver crawled out from under the bed and shouted, "No, Mister Monster! Don't kill him! Mom will cry!"

The Creature looked back at the child, then turned back to the stallion. "If you EVER touch her again, I will take you to a place of torment you cannot possibly imagine. For Eternity." It then took one clawed hand and raked it across his face. Then it threw him across the room. Her father picked himself up and ran away as fast as he could. The Creature and the child watched him go, then it turned to her.

She smiled up at him. "Thank you, Mister Monster!" It smiled back at her, picked her up, and set her in her bed.

"You are very brave, Child. I will be back to make sure you are alright."

"I don't think I'll be having any more trouble out of Dad from now on. But I'd love to see you again!"

As it turned towards the window to leave, it hesitated, then turned back. "I do have a favor I need to ask."

"Anything! Just name it!"

It placed one clawed hand sheepishly behind its head and said, "Could...you give a really convincing scream? I...have a reputation to uphold, and my Boss needs to hear it."

She sucked in air, then gave a bloodcurdling scream. "How was that?"

Perfect


Epilogue

The Boss met the Creature for the report. He smiled up at It. "That scream she gave was off the charts! I knew you were the right Monster for the job!"

The Creature's eyes turned inward.

Yes. Yes, I was.

Comments ( 20 )

Nice Monsters Inc. reference. I am disappointed that the Mane Six ( HEROES themselves) , or even Diamond Tiara didn't learn of this, and didn't help Spoon sooner. At least this "terrifying' monster has morals.

Comment posted by Irispony deleted Apr 19th, 2022

11216139
It's very rude to promote your own story in someone else's comment section...especially when it has nothing to do with that person's story.

Edit: Just found out this is a bot, and will soon be deleted.

Oh. Well. This took an unexpected turn. I can only hope that Silver absolutely ruins her father the moment somepony else can secure custody of her. I'm sure Mr. Rich will be happy to have her over long-term.

A well-executed collision of two very different types of monster. Thank you for it, and best of luck in the judging.

11265104
You're quite welcome, and thank you for reading!

I almost skipped this because of the one red tag, but I decided (hoped) it couldn't be too bad in only 1K words. While the implications are very dark, overall the story was satisfying.

11266747
I appreciate your reading, but I have to ask: what "red tag?"

11267489

...but I have to ask: what "red tag?"

The sex one. I generally avoid all similar tags. I try to write wholesome fics, and that's what I prefer to read. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Comment posted by -TheStoryteller- deleted Jun 10th, 2022

11267607
Perfectly understandable!

If wholesome stories are what you prefer, then this Group, Rated 'E' for Everyone is one you should check out.

Most of my work tends to lean towards the more...hmm..."saucier" side of the fandom.

11272414

If wholesome stories are what you prefer...

With some 5M words spread across a couple to-read lists, plus all the sequels not included on said lists, I can't say I'm "looking" for much currently. It seems finding potentially interesting stories is a lot easier than getting them read. :facehoof: On the other hand, reading all the 1K contest entries is proving an artificial boost to my completed story count. :pinkiehappy:

"Fire me, Boss! I can't take it anymore!" the hairy beast cried. His massive shoulders shook as he sat before the desk, buried his head in his claws, and sobbed like a little girl. "She's impossible! Nothing I do can get to her!"

His Boss sighed, then got up and offered him a tissue, which he gratefully took and blew his nose like a foghorn. "Now, calm down, Fleegon. You're one of my best Scarers! Surely there's something you haven't thought of?" the Boss offered hopefully.

oh hey, Monsters Inc.! or the same great concept reïnvented independently, either way, an awesome premise to collide with MLP and see what happens.

also, ironic that he is characterized as sobbing like a "little girl" when he's talking about how a little girl is difficult to scare!

One he'd come to meet was standing a few short inches from his face, with two red eyes like slits and a grin of glistening fangs. The Boss suppressed the scream about to explode out of him, but he did jerk a couple of steps back.

dang, when a creature scares the boss of a child-scaring monster agency so easily, you know it's good at its job!

That morning, Silver awoke with a start and sat straight up in bed. Something horrible was going to happen in her room tonight. She didn't know how she knew.

Silver Sense, like Pinkie Sense!

As night closed around Ponyville and the Spoon mansion, the little filly reluctantly made it up to her room on stiff legs.

it is kind of funny to imagine this small town having two separate families rich enough to have mansions and/or servants just kinda around

Unsteady hoofsteps approached the room, and a drunken stallion's voice called out, "Silllllver! Daaaaddy's home!" It then sensed the child's heartbeat shoot up, and she got out of bed and crawled underneath it with him!

"Move over!" she urgently whispered. "And shut up! He'll hear you!"

and oof, that would sadly explain why Silver has no fear at all of monsters, when she lives with one that is far worse. not quoting the next paragraph because it's doubly oof

Before he could start, Silver crawled out from under the bed and shouted, "No, Mister Monster! Don't kill him! Mom will cry!"

and augh, that is just so heartbreaking, that the child is thinking of protecting the adults in her life when they have shown that they deserve no such consideration and love. what an awful inversion, but so sadly true to life. really hate this world sometimes

"You are very brave, Child. I will be back to make sure you are alright."

"I don't think I'll be having any more trouble out of Dad from now on. But I'd love to see you again!"

i really do want to believe in this being a clean-cut, simple, happy ending, and i certainly hope that at the very least the Creature does successfully protect Silver from her father from now on, but augh. this true monster getting to just continue live his life as if nothing happened, only kept in line by a monster under the bed...

The Boss met the Creature for the report. He smiled up at It. "That scream she gave was off the charts! I knew you were the right Monster for the job!"

and heh, if that is all it takes, one would think there would be more collaboration between monsters and the children they are assigned to scare, and it would not take such horrific circumstances. or maybe this is the start of something new?


certainly lives up to the "Dark" tag, as lighthearted as the tone got to before the end. the eponymous Monster was a terrifying and horrible creature indeed!

11215885
Monsters Inc. reference this is not it's a reference to a different comic that's basically the same thing just with no ponys.

11338327
it was something i saw on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivF7NQTZnRU&ab_channel=ComicLand heres the link to the youtube that starts with the comic i was thinking of

Ah yes, the "Charlotte and Mr. Monster" sequence as ponies. Quite good on the descriptions.

*blink*

I...was not expecting anything like this...other than her going thru or experiencing somthing worse than a mere monster trying to scare her...was not expecting a drunken dad like that tho...even with a child in the room I would not have let filth like that off the hook like that

Login or register to comment