• Published 20th Nov 2021
  • 2,450 Views, 857 Comments

Star Wars: The Great War - ShootingStar25



You've heard it time and time again. The Force surrounds us and binds the galaxy together. Well, that hits both hard and true. The time for survival is now and may the Force guide us to a better tomorrow.

  • ...
1
 857
 2,450

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 8: A Lady's Instincts

After completing the mission on returning Jabba's son, the Jedi were now focusing their attention on other parts of the war. The partnership between Storm and Twilight had been made official as both of their masters were pleased. However, Storm was still hesitant about being Twilight's partner.

Back at the Jedi Temple, both teens were doing some more training. For Storm, he had his lightsaber out as it let out a humming sound. There was a small seeker robot in front of him as it would shoot out some blasts as the Jedi Knight deflected them. It wasn't as simple as deflecting, as the droid would sometimes mix up its movements and strike unexpectedly as it required the person to react on instincts and block accordingly.

On the ground, a few meters was Twilight as she was reading another one of her books. She was also looking at the boy as she was taking notes. Twilight was watching Storm's stance and his movements as she studied how the boy moved when it came to wielding his lightsaber and comparing it to her.

"Don't forget, a Jedi can feel the Force flowing through them," stated Twilight.

"Thanks for that info, Sparky," said Storm as he didn't like Twilight interrupting his training session.

He then blocked some shots from the tiny droid.

"Hold your lightsaber up a bit. That way you have more protection."

"I got it, Sparky!" shouted Storm as he was delayed in blocking the shots as his mind was trying to tune out the girl.

"Shift your weight a bit. Widen your stance," advised Twilight.

"Shut up!"

Suspended at eye level, about ten feet in front of Storm, the seeker, a chrome baseball-like robot covered with antennae, hovered slowly in a wide arc. The ball floated to one side of the youth then the other. Suddenly, it made a lightning-swift lunge and stopped within a few feet of Storm's face. The boy didn’t move and the ball backed off. It slowly moved behind the boy, then made another quick lunge, this time emitting a blood red laser beam as it attacked. It struck the teen in the leg, causing him to tumble over.

"You okay?" asked Twilight.

"I told you to be quiet! Now look what you did!" shouted the boy as he glared at Twilight.

"Sorry," said Twilight as she made herself small and turned her head away.

"Sorry..." muttered the boy under his breath as he grabbed his weapon and exited out of the room with Twilight following behind him with her book.

Sometime later in the library, Storm was reading some books that related to his training. Across from him was Twilight as she had ten books in a stack next to her as she had a smile on her face while reading through them. He glanced up to see the girl as she waved a bit.

"Nerd," said Storm.

He put his head down as at that moment, he moved his head out of the way as he sensed danger coming. Seems Twilight heard the boy's comment and tried to smack him with one of her books, but the Force told him to move out of the way. He looked at the teen girl as she had an angry look on her face; Twilight was about to throw another one when she heard someone behind her. She turned around and saw it was none other than the Chief Librarian of the Jedi Archives, Jocasta Nu.

Twilight immediately turned red from embarrassment. Nu knew that Twilight was Master Celestia's student and that she was excited about knowledge and books that she often felt happy to help the girl whenever she checked out some books. But right now, she was anything but pleased at Twilight's treatment of the books. Twilight was still smiling as she got up from her seat and went to retrieve the book while putting her head down and apologizing. She gave the girl a stern look as she left.

Twilight now lifted her head as she sat down. She looked at the boy as he had watched the whole thing with a smug smile.

"Nerd," said Storm as he went back to reading his book.

Twilight slammed her fist on the table as she was seething at being called that.

Up above on the upper levels of the archives were Celestia and Luna as both Jedi Masters were watching their students. They had seen how both acted as they each had a look on their faces; they may both have been on board of teaming their apprentices together, but it seemed the pair itself was still hostile towards one another.

"Well Lulu, seems Storm is rather headstrong."

"And Twilight's OCCD is on full display."

Both sisters made a glare at one another as they mentioned the other's students. For the masters, they too were getting a sense of the type of person that their students' partner was. They looked back down as they saw Storm and Twilight now throwing crumpled up pieces of paper at each other as they had gotten into an argument.

"Control your student, Luna." glared Celestia.

"Well, he wouldn't act this way if you didn't teach Twilight to be like you, sis." glared the younger sibling.

Celestia and Luna were glaring at each other as soon they broke into laughter. Seems they still had some of their younger selves even as they got older. They looked back at the two teens as they were still throwing balls of paper at each other while Nu was nearby facing palming herself at seeing the two Jedi Knights.

"We've got a lot more work." said both Jedi Masters.


Storm was now in a section of the archives as he was looking at the shelves. He then heard a squeak as if something was dragging along the floor. Next to him was a ladder and on it was Twilight as she glared at the boy below her. The boy looked up and he too glared.

"What do you want, Sparky?!"

"First, call me by actual name. It's Twilight Sparkle!" stated the girl keeping the glare. "Second, you embarrassed me in front of Jocasta Nu. She probably thinks that I treat books horribly and probably won't let in the archives ever again."

"Oh, boohoo. Like I give a shit." responded the boy. "Miss, I live in the library and I'm Master Celestia's student, so I should feel important and special." mocked the boy. "Like I care, besides that's payback for distracting me during my training earlier."

"I said I was sorry, but your thick-headedness doesn't know when to accept help. Not to mention that accidents happen," replied Twilight.

"Not to me, they don't!"

"God, you're so... ugh! Why are you in my head?!"

"Cause you like me."

"Oh hell no! If Jedi could love someone, you would be the last person I would ever think about dating." said the girl.

"Well, we finally agree on something," said Storm. "Now stop bothering me, nerd."

"I said don't call me that!"

"What are you gonna do?!"

Storm then got his answer as Twilight leaped from the ladder and now tackled the boy onto the ground as the pair now began to tussle as they formed a cartoonish cloud with their arms and heads popping out every few seconds. They kept on rolling through the sections as they passed by some other Jedi as they saw the cartoonish smoke as they just watched it and then went back to what they were doing. Eventually, they came to a stop as the smoke cleared out as Twilight was now on top of the teen boy and both had their hands clamped together as they were trying to outpower the other. Each had a stern glare as they looked at their partner.

Twilight got off in time as Storm had gotten his legs under the girl and looked to push her off before she moved out. Both were about to charge at each other when their communicators went off. They each answered it to see who was contacting them as it was their masters.

"Luna?"

"Celestia?"

"Greetings, Twilight. Seems you're having fun with your partner." said the Jedi Master with a sly smile as she saw Twilight's hair and noticed a few strands out of place.

"Tell me, Storm. Does Twilight enjoy it when she's on the bottom or the top?" asked Luna with a small snicker.

"Master Celestia!!!" said Twilight as she didn't like the idea that her master was getting.

"Screw you, Luna." was Storm's reply. The girls couldn't help but laugh at them trolling their students. "So, what's the deal? You guys got something to say, or did you just call me cause you were bored and had nothing else to do?"

"Well, we were bored," stated Luna. "But we do want to talk to you."

"Where are you two?" asked Twilight.

"We're actually above you," answered Celestia.

Both teens now looked up as above them were their masters as they were leaning on the balcony.

"If you're both nearby, then what the hell was the point of contacting us through our transmitters?" asked Storm.

"Sorry, force of habit." smiled Luna sheepishly as Storm rolled his eyes.

Both Jedi Knights turned off their transmitters as Twilight began to stand up and dust herself. She fixed her hair all the while shooting a glare at the boy as she climb the stairs to the level above them. Storm returned the look as he readied himself and Force jumped to where the sisters were as Twilight just made it to the top. Both still kept their looks as they bowed down in front of their respective masters to show respect.

"At ease," said Celestia as both Storm and Twilight got up from kneeling and stood at attention.

"Now then, how are you both feeling about this partnership?" asked Luna.

"Well, she/he...." both teens now began to talk at the same time as it then involved a bit of shouting. They were pointing and talking over each other as they were making their points.

"Next time, let me ask the question, Lulu?" said Celestia giving her younger sister a look. "Alright!" stated the older sister with a bit of volume as it got the two teens to quiet down. "I can see that even with all that has happened between the two of you recently, you both... need some work."

"That's putting it lightly, sis." mocked Luna.

"Not now, Lulu." responded the girl with a glare. "Now, you both agreed that you would give this partnership a try. And with your recent mission in helping to return Jabba's son, I'd figured that it would be the thing that would make you two pleased to have a partner."

"Forgive me, Master Celestia. I know you told me this was an important step in my teaching, and I don't doubt you one bit. You're wise and I believe that you did this as a way for me to one day be a Jedi Master like you." said Twilight.

"Ass kisser," said Storm as to how Twilight was treating Celestia like she was the Chosen One to bring balance to the Force.

"Show respect!" yelled Twilight. "You don't address Celestia like that, she's a Jedi Master."

"She ain't my master!" stated the boy. "Besides, I can't stand you worshipping the ground she walks on. Oh, I'm Celestia's star pupil and I have to get straight A+ on my studies. Cause if I get anything other than an A+, I'm gonna freak out and have a mental breakdown cause my whole life has been dictated by grades." mocked the teenager again.

"He's right, Tia," said Luna as she agreed with her student and how her sister operating her training.

"Don't talk about Master Celestia like that!" said Twilight defending her teacher's honor. "I'm amazed that Master Luna is even a Jedi Master based on the fact that she took someone like you as her student. She must not really care or try if she's got you of all people as her apprentice."

"You were saying, Lulu," answered Celestia with her own smirk.

"Whatever, at least I'm not kissing her ass, every time she walks into the room. Maybe she should grade you on that, you'd get an A+ no sweat." responded Storm.

"That's it!" shouted Twilight as she lost her temper and now tackled the boy to the ground as another cartoonish cloud happened as the two teens struggled.

"Well, this could have gone better," said Celestia putting her hand to her face.

"It was worth a shot, Tia. Alright, break it up, you two."

Luna then approached the struggle cloud as she used her hands and the Force as she pulled the two apart and held each one by their robes. Both Twilight and Storm stuck their tongues out, crossed their arms, and turned their heads.

"Teenagers," said Luna rolling her eyes. She then released the two as they touched the ground.

"I'm leaving." stated Storm as he dusted off his Jedi robes.

"Some quiet for once." snickered Twilight as she began to walk away in the opposite direction.

"This is going horribly," said Celestia as she rubbed her temples.

"As much as we want them to get along, they are the ones who have to make that decision at the end of the day," stated Luna. "Best to leave them alone for a bit."

"Well, I'm going to meditate. I need to relieve myself of this stress."

"Make room for one more, Tia. I need to get rid of it as well."

Both sisters then began to head towards the mediation room as they wanted to refocus their minds from all that occurred.


"So how did the meeting go?" asked Rarity.

"Political stuff, debating, the usual," said Padme to her friend.

The two girls were now walking down the hall to her room. They began to talk about their plans for the afternoon.

"Oh, I say, it's good to see you Mistress Padme and Lady Rarity," said C-3PO. "By, the way, you have a guest."

"A guest? You weren't expecting anybody, were you, Padme?" asked Rarity.

"Not that I'm aware of." said the senator. The door then opened as inside of her room was a person.

"Hope I didn't come at a bad time."

"Storm." smiled Padme.

She then whispered into Rarity's ear as the girl nodded and told 3PO to follow her as the two disappeared. Padme then entered her room as the door closed behind them.

"I assume you're not here to talk about Senate issues."

"I hate politics," said Storm. "I needed to talk to someone and you're a good listener."

"I've been told by Anakin. Speaking of..."

"Secret is still safe." said the teen as showed him zipping his lips.

"I'm glad you're keeping this quiet, Storm. But I don't want to involve you in our private matters if it means that you could get into trouble. You're still young and have your life ahead of you. Not to mention a powerful Jedi who I know will be a great master one day." said Padme as she sat in the chair facing the boy.

"It's fine, Padme. I might have been shocked to find out about your relationship with Anakin. But I knew why he did something illegal. It's because he loves you and if I were to rat him out and have him kicked out of the Order, I would be labeled as the bad guy. Cause I took away the one happiness that he has left ever since his mother died. And as you know, I didn't have any parents, hell, I don't know what they even look like. So who am I to judge another person's decision when my own life hasn't been that great either."

"I know it must be tough to not know your birth parents. And I have a feeling they might be sad that their son is out there doing his own thing. But look at all that has happened since you were found by Luna, she raised you as her own family, trained you in the Jedi Arts, became a Jedi Knight even while you're still a teenager. And are on the front lines of this war that we're fighting." stated Padme. "Your story may not have a good beginning, but you've been able to turn it around and write some great chapters of your life. You're even buddy-buddy with my husband."

"Always the optimistic one. No wonder you're like a big sister to me." chuckled the Jedi Knight to the Senator.

"I try. Now then, Anakin tells me you've gotten a partner now. Seems the lone wolf is no more."

"Pump the brakes there. First off, it wasn't my idea to be teamed up. It was Luna and Celestia's idea to have me be partners with her student. And second, I'm starting to regret ever working with Twilight."

"So you do know how to say her name?" smiled Padme slyly. "Tell me, is she cute?"

"Really? I'm not gonna answer that for obvious reasons. I will say, she is the most obsessed, mental, uptight, annoying person that I've met. She is a giant nerd, which is probably the reason she's Celestia's star pupil cause she's just like her. Not to mention annoying. Talks too much about the stupidest things ever to exist. Did I mention annoying?"

"Several times."

"Well, I say it again. She's annoying. And this morning she interrupted my training and focus." expressed Storm as he was venting out. He then grabbed one of the cups of water on the table between them and took a giant sip to cool off. "Imagine she did that on the battlefield, I would be hurt or worse."

"Seems you have strong opinions about the girl. But you can't let the things you don't like about her get in the way of the things that you do like," stated Padme.

"She has no qualities that I like. Other than maybe holding her own in a fight, but that's it."

"Well, it's a start. But hopefully, as the two of you continue to work together and hopefully bond, maybe you'll both see you have a lot more in common than you realize."

"Yeah, that'll be the day," said Storm.

"She did apologize for messing up your training." said the senator.

"Accidents don't happen on the battlefield, Padme. You either live or you die, simple as that."

"As one-minded as that it, it's true. Every day millions of people are suffering because of this war. I one day hope to see a galaxy where people from all worlds can just live in harmony. But as long as the conflict goes on between the Republic and the Separatists, that day is far from ever becoming a reality." said the girl looking out of her window and seeing Coruscant and the sky.

"It's a vision that I too would like to see happen. But we know Padme, dreams don't come true simply because we think of them. We have to put in the effort to make them a reality. You and I have different roles in this war, but we're fighting for the same goal. To have peace and order throughout the galaxy."

Rarity was now with 3PO as they were in one of the busiest markets of Coruscant. After seeing the guest in Padme's room, the senator told her friend to get some more materials for the new dress ideas she liked while she attended to the guest. Rarity said she would do that as she took 3PO with her, mainly cause he was a good listener which was something she liked as she could talk for hours while the robot would simply give her his response.

"Honestly, Lady Rarity. Do you think it wise to leave Miss Padme by herself?" asked a worried 3PO.

"3PO, darling. Padme may be a senator and former queen of Naboo, but she's shown that she can take care of herself. Not to mention that she has the guards there to call for help if things get messy." assured the girl as she was looking at fabrics.

"Oh, heavens. Your right." said the droid in a more relaxed tone.

"Though I will admit, that boy who was waiting in her room does look rather charming. If only I could have gotten his name, I would have asked him for a night out. That would show Padme that I'm not too difficult or demanding and that I can land a relationship."

"I think it would be for the best that you didn't know the boy's name. For he is a Jedi," said 3PO as he knew who Storm was based on their past encounters with Anakin and Padme.

"Why are the good ones all taken or aren't available on the market?!" groaned Rarity.

"Was that for the fabrics or the boy?"

"BOTH!!" shouted out the girl.

"I see." nodded the droid.

The two continued on their shopping trip as Rarity tried to take her mind off of not having a romance in her life with the one thing she liked. And it was working as the girl was finding some wonderful materials that she could turn into for Padme to wear for any special events. She also found some things she would like as she began to picture some dresses for herself as she hoped it would attract some men's eyes.

After some time, the pair had bought some valuable fabrics. Rarity went a bit overboard with her spending as she managed to find priceless gems that she adored in which the jeweler made some nice set of earrings. 3PO also proved useful for the girl as he had to translate some of the languages that were being spoken. While the pair were shopping, afar some eyes were watching them. They then began to follow the pair at a distance as they were making their way back to the ship.

"I say, Lady Rarity. Miss Padme will be delighted to see the many fabrics that you selected for her to wear."

"Why, thank you, 3PO. Now then let's get going. I can't wait to start work on these dresses." said the fashionista as she and the droid kept on walking.

They were unaware that they were being trailed. The pair now turned the corner as the shadows followed them. Not a moment later was there a scream and the sounds of a struggle as all the bags that Rarity and 3PO were carrying had dropped.


"Your move," stated Padme.

Back in the Senator's room, Padme and Storm were engaged in a game. After talking about her relationship and trying to get Storm to accept that Twilight wasn't as bad as he was making her seem, they transitioned to having some fun. Right now they were engaged in a chess game of sorts as it was the boy's turn. Storm was about to make his move when.

"Mistress Padme! Mistress Padme!" shouted 3PO as he called from outside of the door.

The door then opened up as in came the yellow droid.

"3PO, what's the matter?" asked Padme.

"It's Lady Rarity! She's been captured!" said the droid in a nervous tone. "We were shopping when we were ambushed. They nabbed Lady Rarity and took off with her."

Before Padme could respond, another person soon arrived.

"Forgive me, Senator. But you have a meeting in 10 minutes." said another representative.

"Thank you for that. I'll be sure to attend," said Padme as the person left.

"But what about Lady Rarity?"

"I'm not sure." said the Senator as she was trying to figure out the solution to saving her friend. She then looked at Storm. "I know this is sudden, but perhaps..."

"I got it, Padme." assured the teen boy.

"You're sure?"

"Anything for a friend."

"Thanks, Storm. You can take my ship." Padme then quickly changed her outfit as she left the room.

"Alright, 3PO. Where did this girl get captured?" asked the Jedi Knight.

"In the central market."

"Well, better start there. You stay here and try not to worry too much. I'll have her home by dinnertime." assured the boy as he left the room to rescue Padme's friend.

He made his way to the platform that Padme's ship was on as he fired up the engines and proceeded to the area where 3PO told him. While the boy was on his way, it seemed the situation involving Rarity was not going great.

"Unhand me this instance, you ruffians!" stated the girl as she was being carried over the shoulder with her hands tied. "Mind the outfit, it's very expensive. It will take me hours to clean all the filth out."

"I thought you said this was a good idea." said one of the people who kidnapped Rarity.

"In theory it was." replied the one carrying her.

"Look at a lady when she addresses you," said Rarity very snootily.

"Enough with the whinnying!" shouted the third gangster.

"I'm not whinnying! I'm complaining. Do you want to hear whining?" said Rarity as she now changed her tone, "Thiiis iiis whiiining! Oooh, this chain is too tiiight! It's going to chafe. Can't you loosen it? Oooh, it hurts and it's sooo ruuusty! Why didn't you clean it first? It's gonna leave a staaain!" said the girl as all three gangsters tried to cover their ears to tune it out.

"Why did we kidnap her?!" asked the first gangster over Rarity's loud tone.

"I'm regretting that decision now." muttered the one carrying her.

They soon came into an area as they then tossed the girl down.

"Watch how you handle me, I'm very precious." stated the girl as she got up.

"Shut up!! Here!" said one of the gangsters handing Rarity a shovel.

The girl looked at it with a raised eyebrow. The three gangsters all pointed behind her as Rarity turned around. She saw a few other people who had been captured by the thugs as they were doing some shoveling and other feats of labor. One of the workers dug into the ground as he found a few precious minerals to which he then loaded into the cart as it was being sent a few feet away to another person who began to shift through the thousands of specks in hopes of finding something valuable.

"Pray tell, what do you want me to do with this?" asked Rarity as she looked at the shovel as she didn't get the message from the scene she saw.

"This girl!" groaned the second gangster.

"It's to dig!" said the leader.

"Dig?" said the girl in an unamused tone.

"Yes. Dig!" shouted the thug.

Rarity just rolled her eyes as she pointed the shovel at the ground. It was heavy but she soon got her footing as she then began to poke the ground with the shovel.

"What the hell are you doing?!" shouted the second thug.

"First of all, language. I will not be spoken in that tone of matter, I'm a lady after all," said Rarity wagging her finger.

"More like a prissy bitch." muttered the third thug.

"I heard that!!" shouted Rarity. "Such vulgar. And second, before you so rudely dragged me into your dirt pit, I had a pedicure and I am not about to chip a nail because you dislike my style of digging." Rarity then began to poke the ground again, barely even making a dent.

"Oh, for goodness— Fine! Just stop. Stop! Guards dig! And fast." shouted the one in charge as he commanded a few nearby men to grab some shovels as they began to dig up the area Rarity pointed to as she smiled.

"If she won't dig, then she's gonna pull!"

Two of the thugs heard their leader's command as they began to approach the girl as they had a harness and another chain as they unhooked the ones wrapped around Rarity's hands and began to strap the new one around her waist.

"I beg your pardon, but what, pray tell, are you doing?" asked the girl.

"The others will dig. You will haul the wagon, slave." said the second thug.

"That why your stupid pedicure isn't damaged." responded the third member.

"My pedicure is not stupid!" stated Rarity as they grabbed her. "And speaking of pedicures, somebody certainly needs proper nail care. When was the last time you two had a manicure? You're scratching up my clothes with those jagged things!" stated the girl as she felt the fingernails dig into her body through her clothes.

"Please be quiet!" shouted the leader.

"Good heavens, what is that smell?" asked Rarity as she smelled something foul.

"Smeeeeeell?"

"Ah, mystery solved. It's your breath," said Rarity in a nonchalant tone. He then took a whiff of his breath as he too found it to smell.

"Enough! Search, slave!" shouted the second thug.

"Well, since you insist... but I must say the working conditions in here are simply dreadful. Musty and damp, it's going to wreak havoc on my hair," said Rarity as she began to pull the wagon while expressing her concerns. "And this air is stifling, suffocating. And when I try to take a deep breath, the stench of all you makes me nauseated."

"You look and smell like you haven't bathed in weeks. Have you never heard of soap? You could all do with a good round of soap and water." said Rarity as she passed by some guards as she said that. Both took a whiff at each other and the stench made them drop dead. "Oh water, oh water, I'm terribly thirsty. Could I please have some water?"

"Good gracious, I can't take this anymore. Be quiet, slave!" shouted the third member.

"And that's another thing. I would appreciate it if you stopped calling me 'slave'. I am a lady and I wish to be addressed as such. So you may call me 'Miss' or 'Rarity' or 'Miss Rarity'." informed the girl to the men.

"Enough! Your whining! It-it-it hurts!" shouted all three.

"But I thought you wanted whiiining!" said Rarity as she went back to that tone of voice.

All three members now put their hands to their ears as Rarity kept up that voice. Eventually, they tried to fill their ears with dirt to drown out the whinnying but even that didn't work.

"Why did we take her as a hostage?!" shouted the second member to the leader.

"Shut up!!" shouted the man as he could still hear Rarity. "Geh! We'll do anything, slave!" Rarity heard that as she stopped but glared at what he called her. "Oh, uh, uh, we'll do anything, 'Miss Rarity'."

"Anything?" said Rarity in a dreamily voice.

"Ah shit!" said the leader.

Back with Storm, he had arrived at the marketplace as he was visiting the shops where 3PO and Rarity made their purchases. He was hoping that maybe someone might have seen the incident and give any info on where the girl was taken. Which was a good plan, if he knew what the shop owners were saying.

"I probably should have brought 3PO to translate." muttered the boy as he leaned against the counter as he didn't understand what the owner was saying.

"(Gibberish)" spoke the owner.

"Right... just... can you repeat that again? And this time, slowly?" asked Storm with an embarrassed smile.

"(Gibberish)"

"God damn it!" muttered the boy.

He walked away for a bit as he was going to pull out his communicator to hopefully get in contact with the yellow droid. Just as Storm pulled out his communicator, a small book also fell on the floor as it cause the Jedi Knight to look at it. He picked it up as he began to look at the cover and read the title. At that moment, Storm had a flashback to this morning.

(Flashback)

Upon waking up, Storm met with Twilight in the training room where he was deflecting blasts from the seeker droid. However, before they started, the girl gave her partner something.

"Here."

"What's this?" asked Storm as he looked at the tiny book in his hand.

"A book on phrases and words in all languages spoke throughout the galaxy. Figured you'd might need one on hand, never know when you might need to translate something," said Twilight.

"Look, Sparky. I'm not a fangirl to books like you are, okay? Plus, I doubt this will ever be helpful." said the boy as he put the small book in his pocket as he then began to start his exercises.

(End of Flashback)

The boy now recalled the moment as he held the book.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but... thanks, Twilight. I guess you being a nerd is actually a good thing." stated Storm.

He then opened the book as he made his way back to the owner as this time he was prepared. After a while and some more visits to the other stores, Storm now had the info he was seeking. He now stood in the middle between the stores' locations as he managed to use a local map and pinpoint where they all met. For the thugs to have captured Rarity, they would need to not only have access to all the stores but have a quick way to escape from any unwanted eyes. Storm looked around as he saw nothing as in the middle were people walking about.

"What am I missing?" asked the teen boy.

He then got down on one knee and closed his eyes while placing his right hand on the ground. In Storm's mind, he heard a conversation from one of his earlier training sessions with Luna when he was her Padawan.

"Remember Storm, the Force flows through you."

"You mean it can control your actions?"

"Well... partially. It obeys your command."

"Obey my command." muttered the boy.

"Remember, tune with the Force. Be one with it. It will guide you. Picture the place in your mind, and the Force will make it appear. By being in sync, you can be able to see events that have happened and replay them in your mind. But only can this happen, when you're truly in sync. "

"But how can I do that, Master Luna?"

"Patience, concentration. And remember your training."

"Remember my training. Luna."

The boy now tuned his mind to be one with the Force as he was now inside of his subconscious. The Force was responding to the boy as his surroundings were now being recreated as he stood there in a mirage-like state. He now opened his eyes as he saw the events that played out. He saw Rarity and 3PO as they were walking unaware of who was behind them. Once they all turned the corner, there was a scream as some bags were dropped. Coming from the corner were the three thugs as they tied the girl's hands. They then began to run back the way they came from as Storm followed them.

They ran a few feet away as they disappeared down another corner. Storm also turned as saw it was a dead-end, or so he thought. He then saw one of them push the smallest brick in the wall as it opened up a door and they all descended down the ladder. Soon his entire subconscious faded away as the boy opened his eyes.

"Got it." smiled the Jedi Knight. He then made his way to the dead-end as he began to search. He found the small brick as he pushed it to reveal the door.


Back with Rarity, she had somehow managed to use her ways to not only convince the guards to do the labor for her but the other workers as well. Now everybody was being treated as the thugs and their henchmen were doing the work. They even went back to get the bags she dropped full of fabrics as they decorated the place.

"This water is hardly sparkling. But I suppose it will have to do." sighed the girl sitting on a chair.

"Wait! Why are we doing this?" asked the leader as he stopped shoveling.

"To stop the awful noises from the girl's mouth, remember?" said the third gangster.

"Yes, yes, I know. This is ridiculous! Letting a girl order us around. What are we? Mice or men?" asked the leader to his pals.

"Mi... men?" answered the two.

"Men do not pull. Slaves pull. Let her make the awful noises." said the leader. He then made his way to the girl as he grabbed her wrist and began to lead her to the floor as he put the chain around her waist.

"What are you doing? Hey, you spilled my drink. Oh!" said Rarity as she felt the chain secure around her body. "Not sooo tiiight!" whined the girl.

"Ha! Make the noises all you want. But move while you make them. Hyah, mule!" said the third member as he hit Rarity in the ass.

"Did you just call me a... mule?" said Rarity as she started to form tears not from being smacked in the behind, but by what they called her.

"Ehh..."

"Mules are ugly. Are you saying that I too am ugly?" said the girl as she let loose some tears and cried.

"What now?!" asked the third member.

"He called me ugly!" said Rarity as she was on the floor bawling her eyes out.

"No, I didn't! Mule! I said mule!" said the leader.

"An old ugly mule! And it's true! Just look at me. I used to be beautiful, I was gonna get a man but, but nooow..." cried Rarity even louder.

"No, no! You're still beautiful, sl... uh, Miss Rarity." said the second thug.

"You're just saying that!" stated the girl still shedding tears.

"No, you're still pretty and you'll find a man and... and..."

"Oh, uh, uh, nice. Yeah." said the second member to help his buddy.

"I don't believe you! You never liked me!" wailed the girl even more.

"Alright, fuck this shit!!" shouted the leader as he reached his breaking point.

He unhooked the chain from Rarity as she stopped crying for a bit as he then tied up her hands and then flung her over his shoulder. His pals now followed him as he was walking towards another door. He kicked it open and then tossed the girl inside as Rarity was making some complaints as he locked the door.

"Why didn't we do this to begin with?!!" shouted one of the members.

"Shut up!!!" responded the leader. "And that goes for you too, bitch!" stated the man pointing at Rarity as they left some guards to be posted outside of the door as they left.

"My word, do they have to say stuff like that." groaned Rarity. "If it wasn't bad enough, my wrists are hurting. And my clothes are getting messier by the minute." stated the girl. "Oh, if only there was someone who could listen to what I have to say."

The guards outside of the door now began to leave as they headed towards the door.

"Well, talk about rude. You men have no manners, walking away when a lady is talking! I swear when I get out of here, I'm going to give all of you a piece of my mind!" shouted the fashionista.

Soon there was a loud thud heard. At that moment, one of the guards came flying through the entrance as he hit the wall and was knocked out. Rarity was amazed by what she saw. The door to Rarity's cell now began to jiggle a bit as soon it was opened. Standing there was the silhouette of a person.

"You okay?" asked Storm.

Once he came into focus, Rarity blinked several times as she saw who it was. It was none other than the boy that had shown up in Padme's room. She looked to his hip and true to what 3PO said, the teen was a Jedi. But even so, she couldn't help but admire the boy as he was a bit attractive.

"I said, you Padme's friend?" asked Storm several times as Rarity was in a daze.

"Huh? Oh, yes. Lady Rarity." said the girl extending her hand out.

Storm blinked a few times as he saw the girl. He was amazed that she appeared to be about his age if not slightly younger by what could be a few months. He did some double-takes between Rarity's hand and the girl herself. He was unsure what she was doing as he simply grabbed her hand with his in a weird handshake.

"Nice to meet you," said Storm in an unsure tone.

"You're supposed to kiss my hand!" said Rarity.

"Why?"

"Because I'm a lady!"

"Yeah sure, whatever suits you." said the boy as he wasn't paying too much attention to the girl.

He then grabbed her hands as it caused Rarity to blush a bit. She could tell from the boy's hands that he was strong due to the muscles, yet they also felt soft to hold. Storm pulled out his lightsaber as he ignited it and then cut the chains around Rarity's wrist as he now looked at the entrance to see if anybody was coming. While the boy was turned, Rarity rubbed her wrists as she then looked at the Jedi. In her mind, she was seeing everything in slow motion as some lights and special efforts were making Storm more attractive for the girl as she had a pair of eyes as her entire face lit up in red. She saw the boy looking at her as his hair swayed and he puckered up his lips to which Rarity did the same as she was leaning in.

Storm now looked back as nobody was coming as Rarity was leaning with her lips out. The boy backed his head away as Rarity was still trying to find his lips. He put his two fingers to her lips as it caused the girl to open her eyes and look at him.

"I'm contagious free and I like to keep it that way," said Storm as he pushed Rarity back a bit with his fingers.

"Why I never!!" shouted Rarity as she found the boy's comment rather rude. "You're not the charming individual that I thought you were!"

"Brace yourself," stated Storm as he now Force pushed Rarity onto the ground.

"Huh?" Rarity then felt the effect she was pushed onto her rear and fell. "You're not the Prince Charming that I was hoping for! You're rude, incompetent,..."

Rarity didn't finish what she said as she saw from inside the cell as Storm was taking out guards that entered as he was fighting hand to hand combat. Even without using his lightsaber, Storm was able to showcase his fighting skills. Soon some handmade droids filed in as they began to shoot. The Jedi Knight now pulled out his lightsaber as he began to dodge the blasts with ease as he began to cut down the robots with his blade.

The whole time, Rarity was seeing this as she was now even more drawn in by the boy as he was showing off displays of valor, strength, and courage. The slow-motion in her mind was now playing again as each strike dealt by Storm caused him to move his hair as it got the girl to have hearts floating near her. Storm then plunged his lightsaber backward as he took out a droid behind him.

"I'd have a tough challenge with my eyes closed." stated the boy as he put his weapon on his belt. At that moment, he felt a pair of arms wrap around him tightly as it appeared Rarity now lunged herself at her savior. "Okay, first of all, no hugging!" stated the boy as he wiggled free from Rarity's embrace.

"You're so... dreamy," said Rarity.

"Whatever, look you either follow me or not. Cause I'm leaving." said Storm as he didn't have time to play fairytale.

He now began to head back the way he came as Rarity trailed behind him. He peaked his head around the corner as he saw some guards as well as the three leaders. A few more handmade droids, but nothing the Jedi Knight couldn't handle. He was formulating his plan when he felt something on his arm. He looked down to see Rarity was feeling his muscles as she wrapped both of her arms around his.

"Do you mind?"

"Not at all." smiled the fashionista. She just ignored Storm's comment and went back to feeling his muscles.

He pulled his arm away as he went back to looking at the room. He then had his plan as he looked at Rarity.

"Look I need you to be serious for one sec. When I give the signal, you run towards the entrance, as well as get everybody else. Can you do that?" asked the boy to the girl.

"Well, that's a tall task. But I have faith..." Rarity then opened her eyes as she saw Storm had taken off as he didn't bother to wait for her response. "Rude, much. Honestly, if you're going to ask me out, you need to do a better job of listening to a lady when she speaks."

Storm was already out of range to hear what Rarity was rambling on about. He saw the exit of the door as he knew everybody else would have no problem getting out. The only thing was that he needed to act as the distraction, which he had no problem with.

"Hey, bitches!" shouted Storm as that response got everybody's attention.

"Oh, he's one of those people," said Rarity as she was learning more and more about the boy as she rolled her eyes.

"Who said that?!" shouted the leader.

All three looked as they saw Storm standing there.

"Get him!" shouted the thug in charge as he had his two buddies and some of the guards now surrounded Storm.

The boy just smiled as he didn't bother using his lightsaber. One of the enemies charged at him as he sidestepped and then hit the person in the back of the neck as he was knocked out. Soon all of them began to charge at the Jedi as he dodged and moved out of the swings. He wasn't fighting so much as using his flips and acrobatics of his Jedi training as he let the guards tire themselves out or get knocked out.

While this was happening, the rest of the people were watching this. Rarity did her job of getting the other workers and gathering them up. They all made it to the exit as they began to climb the ladder. It was working as Storm wasn't even breaking a sweat as the men kept on trying to hurt the boy.

"He's just a teenager! How hard is it to hit him?!" shouted the leader to his men as it was pathetic how Storm was taking them all on.

"You try!" shouted one of his buddies as Storm delivered a roundhouse kick as he was sent flying.

At that moment, Storm dodged a barrel as it went sailing past his head. He dodged some more that were coming his way as he did a backflip and landed on his feet. He was unaware that the man had sneaked up behind him as he wrapped his arm under his chin. Storm then elbowed the guy in his stomach as he slipped out as the man grabbed his shirt. Storm then countered by hitting a spin kick as the guy released his hold.

In the process of getting hit, the leader of the gang managed to unhook Storm's lightsaber as it fell to the ground. He touched his cheek as he felt the kick delivered by the boy; he then looked at the ground and saw the weapon as it got the man to widen his eyes.

"You're... a Jedi."

"A Jedi?! Uh-oh!" said all the guards and his buddies as they were now scared of the teenager.

"Set the charges!" shouted the leader as some of the men went to do just that.

His buddies now rushed over to the control panel as they pushed a button. An alarm went off as soon some handmade droids appeared and started to set their blasters at the warrior. Storm reached out and grabbed his weapon as it landed in his hands and he began to deflect the blasts heading towards him. He was able to slash and destroy some of the ones that got closer.

"Well, everybody is all safely out," said Rarity as she was back in the room. She was unaware of a droid who pointed its guns at her.

"What are you doing here? You should have been gone!" shouted Storm. He noticed the droid's gun directed at the fashionista. "Watch out!" The Jedi then used the Force as he pulled Rarity towards him.

"What do yooooooo!!!" screamed Rarity as she didn't finish her sentence as she was pulled forward as the droid missed its shots.

She now found herself in Storm's left arm as he held the girl while dancing about deflecting blasts. Safe to say, Rarity was in her own world as she saw the boy as he seemed to move gracefully while fighting. While Rarity was daydreaming, Storm was doing his best to make sure that neither of them got hit. He saw the men as they finished setting the charges.

"Have fun." laughed the leader and his buddies as they exited out of the room and locked it behind them.

"Well, there goes our exit," said Storm.

The boy was now looking for another way out. He was seeing nothing until he looked up. It was small, but there was a hole that could potentially serve as an escape hatch. He knew what he had to do as he put his lightsaber away and looked at Rarity.

"Hang on." said the boy.

"Why?!" asked the girl. She soon got her answer as Storm picked her up in his arms and then Force jumped into the air.

The pair now landed on a ledge before he did another jump to get higher. All the while Rarity was burying her head in Storm's chest as she didn't dare let go due to how high they were getting, not to mention her hair was being affected. They arrived at the hole as they were still being shot at. However, the timers then went off as a huge explosion went off. The two teens now crawled through the hole as they just made it as the smoke and explosion came over it.


A sewer hatch then flew into the air as it landed with a thud. Out emerged a hand as it was revealed to be Storm who let out a cough. He was covered in bits of soot and dirt as he got out of the pipe. He then reached down and helped out Rarity who was also in a messy state with her clothes and her hair.

"My hair!!!" screamed the girl.

"Really? After just barely escaping with our lives, you're worried about your damn hair?!" stated Storm.

The pair now dusted themselves off as they began to walk back to where Padme's ship was located. They managed to make it back to the ship as they saw the three thugs from before. This time they had blasters in their hands as they pointed them at the two teens. Storm put his arm in front of Rarity as he pulled out his lightsaber and held it above his head in a ready stance.

"You ruined everything we had down there. Now we have nothing!" shouted the leader. "And if we can't have nothing, neither can..."

At that moment, he was punched hard in the face by a fist. However, it wasn't Storm who hit him but Rarity. Seems she was seething at all that occurred that she moved so fast that not even Storm saw her until he blinked.

"How dare you make me work in those living conditions?! Look at my hair!!!!!" screamed the girl as that was what pushed Rarity to her breaking point. "And you!!!"

"What did I do?!" asked the second thug. He got his answer as he too got punched in the face by the fashionista. She then turned towards the last one as he dropped his weapon and got down on his knees.

"Please, don't hurt me! I'm sorry that I touched that silk scarf."

"YOU WHAT!!!!!" yelled the girl the loudest that even people in the Jedi Temple could have heard her.

He was scared by Rarity's tone that he now ran towards Storm.

"Hey buddy, knock me out. I rather you punch me than her."

Storm looked at the guy and then at Rarity as it seemed like she could explode at any second. He then looked at the guy with a smile.

"Nah." stated Storm as he turned the guy around and lightly Force pushed him towards Rarity as the last thing he saw was her fist.

Rarity then fixed her hair as she got rid of the strands sticking out. Storm then made his way to the girl.

"Wasn't expecting that from you."

"Yes, well a lady does not start a fight. But they can finish it." stated the fashionista. She saw Storm standing in front of her as she couldn't help herself as she closed her eyes and leaned in to kiss the boy as he simply walked past her.

"You getting on board or not?!" asked Storm as he entered the ship.

"Never mind," said Rarity as she got on board the ship.

It then began to take off as behind them were some sirens as they came to fetch the three thugs.

The meeting had ended as Padme was with 3PO. The pair was on the landing platform as the ship had arrived. The ramp lowered down as out came the two teens.

"Oh thank heavens, Lady Rarity. You're all right."

"Thanks for worrying about me, 3PO."

"Seems you completed the job," said Padme to Storm.

"It was nothing. She's tough, I'll give her that. But she's still a drama queen." Storm whispered that last part to his friend as the senator chuckled.

"I can't express how grateful I am, Storm." Padme then hugged her friend as she couldn't help but rub his hair.

"Anyways, I need to leave." said the boy as he broke free from the senator's embrace. "See you around, Padme." The Jedi Knight now began to leave as Rarity saw him.

"Thank you, my Jedi Knight in shining armor," said Rarity as she looked at the boy.

"Seems you've got a crush." mocked Padme with a smile to her friend as Rarity turned away in embarrassment.

"A crush? On a Jedi? Oh, dear heavens." said 3PO as he didn't like hearing that.

Nighttime had fallen over Coruscant. Nearly everybody was about to turn in for the night. Twilight had just exited the archives as she saw the boy.

"Here," said the boy as he tossed the small book back to her. "Seems you were right. It proved useful today."

"What did you say?" asked Twilight.

"You... were right," said Storm softly into his hand.

"I can't hear you." smiled the girl smugly.

"You were right!! There, you happy!" shouted the boy. "Seems it can't hurt to have a book."

"Well, knowledge is power." smiled Twilight. She then went to go hug the boy when he put his hand out.

"No hugging."

"Sorry, force of habit." chuckled the girl nervously.

Storm then said good night to Twilight as he left to get some rest. Twilight now looked at the small book in her hand as she smiled at what the boy said to her.

"Well, Storm. Maybe you're not a bad partner to have." said the girl as she took the book with her as she turned in for the night.

PreviousChapters Next