• Published 20th Nov 2021
  • 2,450 Views, 857 Comments

Star Wars: The Great War - ShootingStar25



You've heard it time and time again. The Force surrounds us and binds the galaxy together. Well, that hits both hard and true. The time for survival is now and may the Force guide us to a better tomorrow.

  • ...
1
 857
 2,450

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 3: Cat and Mouse

A wise leader knows when to follow.

Recap: An impenetrable defense. Separatist ships blockade the resource-rich planet of Christophsis, trapping Senator Bail Organa and his relief effort. Desperate to aid the esteemed senator, a Republic task force under the command of Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and Jedi Knight Storm must break the impasse. But time runs short for the senator and the good citizens of Christophsis.

The battle that was currently ongoing on the surface of Christophsis was rough. Thousands of droids were converging and overwhelming the Republic forces. In a small command center, Senator Organa was contacting the cruises as he was in dire need of help as explosions went off.

"Separatist forces have overrun our position.." stated the senator as he was talking to the holographic images of Anakin, Storm, and the Admiral. An explosion went off as he steadied himself. "... and we are out of food, water, and munitions. Our situation is desperate."

"Senator Organa? Senator Organa!" stated Anakin as the image of the senator was gone.

"No good, we lost the connection," said Storm.

"Generals. Another cruiser's been hit." said a crewman as he pointed out as the ship was destroyed.

"At this rate, we'll be blasted out of the sky if we can't get through."

"I thought you said he was on his way," said Anakin to Storm.

"Hey, he's your master! You know how he is," replied Storm to his friend.

"Master Kenobi better get here soon, or this is gonna be one short rescue mission," said Anakin to everybody.

Outside, the blasts from both sides were being traded, but at the moment, the Separatists were the ones who had the upper hand. They were firing a spread of lasers as they were not only trying to hit the main cruiser ships but also the relief ships that they were trying to protect.

"The command ship is bearing down on us." said the Admiral. The main enemy ship was now targeting the cruise that they were on. "Full forward shield! Incoming fire!"

"This isn't gonna be easy," said Anakin.

The enemy ship was being led by a fierce commander who wasn't a droid or a Sith. It was being led by a male Harch or in other terms, an imposing humanoid, spider-like sentient species native to the planet Secundus Ando, located in the Mid Rim. He had six arms and six red eyes, and a pair of chelicerae near his mouth. He had grey skin and was covered in brown hair.

"Fire all forward cannons. Cut off those Republic supply ships. Separate them from their escort cruisers. I smell fear..." the Admiral then made a clicking sound with his mouth, "and it smells good." The droids heard the command given as they started to fire away at one of the escort cruisers carrying supplies. It was being blasted hard by gunfire as some explosions rendered it destroyed.

[Beeping]

"General, one of the supply ships has been hit." said a crewman to Anakin.

"Over-fire all reactors. We're gonna below right past this guy, whoever he is," said Anakin with a determined look.

"Anakin, you sure that's the right move?" asked Storm. "We should probably retreat and regroup until Obi-wan arrives with reinforcements."

"Every second that we spend not getting past this blockade is second that the people of Christophsis are suffering. We need to take this guy down." Anakin was still set on facing the enemy ship head-on.

"Generals, a republic cruiser is coming out of hyperspace behind us." said another crew to the Jedi.

"Obi-wan," said Anakin as he could sense his friend.

A republic cruiser had just appeared and was heading towards the location of the battle. On the ship were Master Obi-wan Kenobi and Commander Cody as they were examing the battle through the holographic image.

"Looks like General Skywalker and Storm already engaged the enemy," said Cody.

"That's nothing out of the ordinary, especially since I gave him a direct order not to. I thought Storm would have at least talked some sense into him about charging in," stated Obi-wan. "Patch me in."

"Right away, sir," stated Cody as he began to open a channel to talk with the cruise both Storm and Anakin were on.

"The Republic ship is not breaking off its attack." said a T-series tactical droid to the Admiral.

"Hold the line. Intensify forward deflectors." said the Admiral making a clicking sound. The droids did their job as their guns began to fire at the cruiser.

Storm had opened the channel frequency as the holographic image of Obi-wan appeared.

"Well, look who finally decided to show up," said Storm with some sarcasm.

"Storm, you were supposed to keep Anakin from doing anything reckless," stated Kenobi.

"Hey, he already engaged the enemy the moment I got here. So there wasn't anything I could have done. Senator Organa already contacted us and it's not looking good and with us being sitting ducks out here, we're not gonna last long either." said Storm.

"Where's Anakin?" asked Obi-wan.

"Where do you think?" replied Storm as he looked behind as Obi-wan also saw Anakin as he was focused on the battle in front of him. He did hear the conversation that Storm and Obi-wan were having.

"Anakin, I want you to withdraw."

"Withdraw?" said Anakin to his master.

"I brought a new toy that might give us an advantage." said the Jedi Master.

"With respect, General, now might not be a bad time to regroup." said the Admiral to Anakin.

"Come on, Anakin. Listen to Obi-wan. I want to fight as much as you do, but we won't do much if we're dead!" exclaimed Storm. "Don't think of it as withdrawing, think of it as a tactical retreat."

Anakin was hearing the arguments being made by his fellow crew as he was still hesitant. For Anakin, he was always one for getting in the face of action, but right now they were asking him to do something that he wasn't a fan of. He was looking at the holographic map of the battle as he made his decision.

"Tell the transports to fall back to Obi-wan's position. We'll cover their retreat as they escape behind the moon," said Anakin as the Admiral went to inform the others. "I don't like this. I hope Obi-wan knows what he's doing."

"To be honest, I hope so too," said Storm to his friend. "Glad you listened to reason, Anakin. I know it must be tough to run from a fight but remember putting the mission first here, we need to deliver the supplies to the Senator. And if that means regrouping, then so be it."

"Are you sure you're Master Luna's student and not Obi-wan's?" asked Anakin.

"Oh, I'm positive. Know why? Cause I don't have an old hermit who sucks the fun out of everything." joked Storm as Anakin couldn't help but laugh at his friend's comment.

The entire fleet of cruises and escort ships now turned to the left as they began to fall back. The Republic Cruises did their job as when they turned, they were providing cover fire for the smaller escort ships to avoid being destroyed.

"They are escaping. Should we go after them?" said the T-series tactical droid.

"No. Our orders are to blockade, not chase. I have won this round. Re-cycle the shields and let the cannons reset to a full charge." clinked the Admiral.

"Roger, roger." said a pair of droids. They bumped into each other as they went to do what they were told.

"And the enemy will soon return, and when they do... we shall be ready." said the enemy leader.


Back with the Republic, they were currently hiding behind the moon. A small transport was now leaving the hangar bay of Anakin's cruise ship as it was making its way to the cruise ship Obi-wan was on. The ship landed as out came Anakin and Storm as some clones saluted them as they stepped off. They saw Obi-wan a few meters away talking with a clone as they approached their friend.

"Well, here we are." said Anakin, "Tell us about this new weapon."

"You're looking at it," stated Obi-wan.

"We're looking at what?" said Anakin.

"Air?" responded Storm as he too didn't see anything.

"Funny, Storm. But no, in fact, two steps forward, and you'd be kissing it," explained Obi-wan with a smile. He then raised his fist and knocked on the space next to him as it made a thud. The clone then had a pad in his hands as he pushed some buttons; just then the space that was near Obi-wan revealed a ship.

"A stealth ship." said the Jedi Master.

"Impressive," said Storm.

"Hmm. That's some trick," said Anakin as he was also impressed.

"Let's hope the Separatists think so," stated Kenobi.

"So I assume scanners can't detect it," asked Anakin.

"As far as we know, but this is the first-ever real field test."

"And you happen to give it to us to see whether or not it works. You have that much faith in us?" stated Storm to Obi-wan.

"No, I don't." said the Jedi Master as all three began to walk.

"That's encouraging," replied Anakin.

"I'd figured you'd be up to the challenge."

"So, we can move in undetected and take them out from behind. That's a pretty small ship to destroy a whole fleet. Are there more?"

"No. This is the prototype, and you won't be on the offensive," said Obi-wan to Anakin. "I need you to run a mercy mission down to the planet's surface. This ship can carry enough supplies for Senator Organa's headquarters."

"Oh, I'm still the delivery boy?" said Anakin as he didn't like the sound of that. "We don't need the whole fleet. I can do this myself."

"Anakin, slow down and do what I tell you. It's more important to save lives than destroy ships. I need you to continue the mercy mission."

Anakin was displeased by what his master was telling him as he wanted to get in on the action. Storm saw this and decided to ease the situation.

"We understand Obi-wan. We'll make sure that we get those supplies down to the people. Come on, Anakin. Let's prepare." said the teen as he and the slightly older Jedi began to leave.

"I still can't believe he's making me do this."

"Anakin, Obi-wan is right. These supplies need to get down there. People need them. We need to save lives here, so please just go along with it." said Storm as he tried to assure his friend to follow his master's plan.

"Fine. Let's get ready." said the older Jedi as he and Storm prepared for their departure.


In a room, was the Admiral as he was at a desk looking at things. He pulled up the ship that they engaged in the morning as he noticed a symbol. He clicked on the symbol as it brought up some ships and then showed the picture of a Harch.

"Impossible. It can't be him." He then contacted one of the clones as the holographic image appeared. "Tell General Skywalker to hold his departure."

"Yes, sir." replied the clone.

Anakin and Storm were running over the final preparations of the ship. The supplies had all been loaded as the pair prepared to take off. Soon the Admiral arrived.

"Thank you for waiting, sirs." said the Admiral. "I'm sorry to hold both of you up."

"No apologies, Admiral. What have you got?" asked Anakin.

"Something about this morning's engagement struck me familiar, so I did a bit of research."

"And?" asked Anakin as all three of them got on board.

"I believe the opposing commander is none than Admiral Trench."

"Admiral Trench? Don't think I recognize that name? At least from what Luna told me." said Storm to the Admiral. "Anakin, ring any bells?"

"If I remember my military history wasn't he vaporized at the Battle of Malastare Narrows?" asked Anakin.

"That's what I thought, too. But the tactics employed, the efficiency of the droids' maneuvers and then there's this." The Admiral then handed his pad to Anakin as it had the symbol of a Harch on it. "The last time I saw that symbol well, let's just say that I lost a lot of good men that day."

"Well, let's pray that won't happen to us," said Storm as Anakin handed him the pad as he too saw the symbol.

"What do we need to know?" asked Anakin.

"I have seen his work firsthand. A corporate fleet was blockading Malastare, a fleet led by Trench. That's why I recognized the tactics. He tore our ships apart. We barely escaped with our lives. In the end, a Jedi-led task force moved in to settle the matter. Trench's ship was destroyed and we assumed he went down with it." said the Admiral to both Jedi.

"Are you sure it's him?"

"It's possible." said the Admiral to Anakin. "Not every captain goes down with his ship."

"Well, there's a first time for everything," said Storm.

"Exactly, and we may be in luck, then, Admiral. My orders are not to engage Trench just to deliver supplies to Senator Organa."

"And I have to make sure that he doesn't get us killed. Trust me, it's harder than it looks," said Storm with a slight chuckle.

"With all due respect, Generals. I do not believe we will have a choice in the matter. If it is indeed Trench, he will come for us."

"Us?" said Anakin as he sat down in his seat.

"Yes, I'm volunteering my services as consultant, Generals."

"Welcome aboard," said Anakin to the Admiral. "You got no problem, right Storm?"

"The more the merrier," smiled the boy. "Just be prepared in case things get a bit rough.

"Hurry up, rookie. We're leaving." said the clone commander to one of the crew barely getting on as the door closed behind him.

"CT-1284, Spark, reporting for duty, sir." said the rook as he put his helmet on.

"We lost one of our starting lineup, kid. You ready to step up and take his place?" asked the commander.

"Yes, sir! Just show me my station," said Spark.

"You'll be sitting right across from me where I can keep an eye on you till you're up to speed." said the commander as he and the rookie sat at their stations.

"Come on, Commander. Don't want to frighten the kid on his first day." chuckled Storm as he gave a pat on the shoulder to Spark.

"Everyone's on board." said the commander through the commlink.

"We're all set, Anakin," said Storm as he took his seat behind the Jedi.

"Dispatch, we are powering up and ready to go." said the older Jedi.

The hangar bay now opened its doors as the ship flew out of the cruiser and into space.

"Going silent in ten." informed the Commander as the other clones prepared the ship.

"System green. Power core steady. Picking up your scanning five targets."

"Engage cloaking device," responded Anakin.

"And 12-1-5." said the Commander as the ship now turned invisible.

The ship was now completely out of sight as they were slowly making their way towards the blockade. Anakin was at the helm as he was piloting, hoping to get by undetected. He then accelerated a bit as the cloaked ship now passed by one of the Separatist's ships. The Admiral looked out of the window to see if they spotted them.

"Doesn't look like they can detect us," said Anakin.

"Yes, but if you get any closer, they may not need scanners to know we're here."

"Relax, Admiral. Hey, you wanted to come on this ride," responded Anakin with a calm tone.

"Anakin is the best pilot in the entire galaxy, Admiral. So we're fine," said Storm as he trusted Anakin's skills to lead them to safety.

Back at the enemy ship, they were still holding their position as they waited for the Republic to make a move. But nothing.

"I cannot calculate why the Republic fleet has not launched another attack." said the T-series tactical droid.

"What is the status of the assault on Christophsis?" asked Trench.

"Resistance is crumbling, sir. I would estimate a half rotation before it is over." replied the droid.

Trench just let out a clicking sound, "We need to add some pressure on those who were sent to rescue our enemies on Christophsis. Hmm." Trench just let out a menacing chuckle, "Send the hyena bombers to hit Senator Organa on the surface. That should draw those cowards out from behind the moon."

One of the droids did that as he pushed some buttons on a panel. Soon their hanger bay doors opened as out flew some droid bombers. They all then started to make their way towards the planet.

"General, we have incoming bombers with fighter escort." said the clone next to Anakin as the scanner picked them up. "Enemy ships closing. 15,000. Fourteen thousand... Thirteen thousand."

"What's our defensive capability?" asked Anakin.

"We've got torpedoes and anti-craft cannons, sir, but we'd have to decloak to use either." said the clone.

"Well, that's reassuring. So we got a choice of whether or not to engage," said Storm.

"Yeah, and if they don't know we're here, that would give our position away pretty quickly," stated Anakin. The fighters were now getting closer to them.

"Nine thousand. Eight thousand."

"Have they detected us?" asked the Admiral.

"Can't tell, sir." replied the clone.

"If we're going on the offensive, we must do it soon." stated the Admiral.

"Five thousand. Four thousand."

"Stay cloaked. Power everything else down. Let her drift." stated Anakin. The clones did what Anakin said as they made sure to shut everything off, even the lights.

"Two thousand. One thousand."

"They're going to hit us!" shouted the Admiral.

"Five hundred."

Everybody was quiet as they waited to see what would happen, the only sound heard was the radar. The fighters were right near them as they got closer. They all prepared for a bump or so. The fighters then crossed the path of the stealth ship as they zoomed by without crashing into the ship.

"They missed us. They don't know we're here," said Anakin.

"They're heading for Bail Organa in the command center. They're going to bomb it!" said the Admiral. True to his word, the droids were now entering the planet's surface.

"Sir, we have incoming bombers." stated one of the clones with Senator Organa as they looked up and saw the droids dropping bombs near them as they looked away as rubble and debris were sent flying.

"Get me, General Kenobi!" shouted the Senator as he and his troops took cover. Soon the commlink was established as Obi-wan saw the distress call from the Senator. "We are under attack by the Separatist fleet. They're coming by air and by ground. We can't hold out any longer. There's little chance for survival. Help us, General Kenobi. You're our only hope." said the message as it cut off.

"Get me, Anakin," said Obi-wan to Commander Cody as a commlink was established. "Anakin. I've just spoken to the Senator. They're in dire need of our help. Continue with your mission to the planet's surface. I will engage Trench's fleet with the ships I already have."

"General Kenobi, with all due respect, you do not have the resources to engage Trench openly. He wants you to attack. You'll be walking into a trap." stated the Admiral.

"He's right, Master. You won't stand a chance."

"For once Anakin is right, Obi-wan. Ain't that a shocker?" stated Storm.

"Anakin, I've got enough problems without you becoming one of them. And Storm, I don't need the extra commentary from you. I allowed Luna to let you come on this mission, cause I had hoped you could keep Anakin in check and not do anything rash. Seems I made a mistake putting you on this assignment." said the Jedi Master as he looked at Storm who had a scowl on his face.

"Get those supplies to the refugee camp. I'll worry about Trench. Just stay on course and--"

"Your tactic won't work," said Anakin. "Prep torpedo tubes one through four. Fix range on Trench's command ship."

"Sir?"

"You heard me, Admiral," said Anakin.

"What are you doing?!" shouted Obi-wan.

"We need to destroy Trench and this ship has the best chance of doing that," replied Skywalker.

"I want those supplies on the surface now," exclaimed Obi-wan.

"Don't worry. I'm on it."

"Anakin!!" shouted Obi-wan as the transmission cut off.

"Storm, you down?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm down." smiled the boy to his friend as they began to make preparations for the ship to engage.

"The Republic fleet is holding position." said the droid.

"This is unusual," said Trench letting out a click sound. "What can they be planning?"

Everything had been turned back on as Anakin now turned the ship to the left and head for Trench's ship. They saw the thing in insight as they prepared to fight.

"Prepare to decloak on my command," stated Anakin. "Prep torpedo tubes one through four. Fix range on Trench's command ship." spoke his voice through the commlink of the clones.

"I thought we were on a relief mission," asked Spark.

"You learn pretty quickly when you serve under General Skywalker, you're always on the offensive." said the Commander. "Now get ready to cycle those shields."

"You realize our torpedoes may not be enough."

"That's not what we're trying to do, Admiral," said Storm as he knew what Anakin's plan was.

"Storm's right. All I want is for Trench to think about us instead of the people on the planet below. It's time to introduce ourselves."

"Activate the turbochargers. Release torpedo safety." said the commander.

"Ready to divert power." said another clone.

"Shield regeneration on standby," said Spark as he touched his panel.

"Something odd... is going on out there," said Trench making a clicking sound. Even he thought it was weird that his enemies weren't coming at him. With all he had done, they still didn't come out to engage him.

"Ready torpedoes. Lock on to primary target," said Anakin as the clones and Storm were doing that. "Disengage cloaking device." At the Jedi's word, their ship now lost their invisibility as they revealed themselves.

"There! A cloaked ship!!" shouted Trench as he saw the enemy.

"Fire!" shouted Anakin. A clone pushed a button as their torpedos came out.

"Torpedos locked and closing." said the droid.

"Activate the shields." stared Trench. The torpedos that were fired made their way to Trench's ship as it collided with the shields. The force of the impact upon contact not only created an explosion to look at, but it shook the enemy as they wobbled a bit till it died down.

"Foolish Republic scum! Your puny torpedos are no match for my thermo-shields. Prepare to fire all cannons!" shouted the Harch.

"Well, that did little good." said the Admiral as he looked at the two Jedi.

"Recloaking in nine, eight..." stated Anakin.

"Fire!!" shouted Trench. Soon they fired their cannons as they shot it towards the ship.

"Six. Five..." The torpedos were closing in on the cruiser. "Pilot, prep the flares."

"Too late, General." shouted the Admiral.

"Launch flares," stated Anakin as the pilot pushed a button. Soon the hatches on their ship then opened up as flares were shot out as the torpedos were getting closer. "And cloak!" On Anakin's command, the ship was now invisible again as he turned it a hard left getting out of the way as the torpedos now changed direction and instead of going for them, they targeted one of the flares as it created an explosion that shook their ship from the after the blast.

"Fire a spread of lasers," ordered Trench as he saw the ship disappear and hoped to blast it.

The droid heard his command as they began to fire in all directions hoping to find their invisible enemy.

"Incoming!"

"I see it," said Anakin to the response.

He then put his pilot skills to the test as he was trying to dodge every single laser coming at him as he knew that if a single one hit the ship, not only would it give away their position, but they would be in trouble. The ship was tossing and turning as everybody moved about as they held on and had faith that Anakin would get them out of this alive. Anakin was doing his best to not get hit, as even that proved to be a challenge with his exceptional pilot skills. Soon he was reaching the tail of the lasers as he managed to avoid all of the enemy fire as they remained on course and everybody let out a breath they didn't know they were holding in.

"Welcome to everyday life with Anakin, Admiral." said Storm as he took had to take a moment to steady himself as his adrenaline was kicking up.

"Scans are coming up negative. We missed." said the T-series tactical droid to Trench.

"Yes..." clicked Trench's mouth, "but we learned something. No clone could successfully fly through that many lasers. We are dealing with a Jedi. Patch me into the comm channel, open frequency." requested the Harch.

The crew was getting everything ready when a beeping sound when off. Spark looked next to him as he saw it blinking red.

"Whatcha got, Spark?" asked the Commander.

"There's an open communication signal coming from the enemy." stated the rookie.

"Better tell the generals." said the Commander.

"Now that they know we're here, what's your plan?"

"I'll think of something, Admiral," responded Anakin. "In the meantime, we've got Trench right where I want him, thinking about us."

"We're relieving some of the pressure off of Senator Organa, but we still need to get the supplies to him," stated Storm as he saw Spark approach them.

"Generals, there's a transmission on the open frequency. It's the enemy," stated Spark.

"Put it through," responded Anakin. The holographic image of Trench then appeared as it got both Storm and Anakin to have opinions.

"What is that? Ugg." said Storm as he had a face of disgust and looked about ready to throw up at the thing he saw.

"Hello, ugly," added Anakin as he too had a face of disgust.

"I am Admiral Trench. If you are listening, Jedi. You've made a bold move and a grave mistake. I appreciate your decision to face me ship-to-ship to play this little game. It's been so long since I had a worthy opponent. You have an impressive new vessel, but I warn you, I have dealt with its kind before. Your technology will not save you, and your friends on the planet below shall perish as a result of your failure. The people of Christophsis and her resources... shall join The Separatist Alliance. Turn back now. Retreat while you can for I am your doom."

The transmission then cut off.

"Well, that confirms it. I now hate spiders," said Storm as he tried to recompose himself.

"He said he's dealt with this kind of ship before." said the Admiral.

"How?" wondered Anakin.

"I think I might know someone who can help us," said Storm. "Contact Obi-wan." requested the boy as they got the Jedi Master on the comms and began to ask for some info.

"I calculate the Jedi will not turn back as you requested, Admiral." informed the T-series tactical droid.

"Hmm, of course not. I do not expect him to," said Trench with his mouth making a clicking sound. "He'll attack again. A stealth ship could have passed our blockade easily. This Jedi chose to attack."

"You were right, Admiral. There are records of Trench's battles and a few against ships with cloaking devices," stated Obi-wan's holographic image.

"And?" asked Anakin.

"It seems in each case, he used tracking torpedoes to hit the ship somehow whether it was cloaked or not." responded the Jedi Master.

"Then he knows a way of detecting us." said the Admiral.

"But still, it doesn't make any sense? How can you hit something without seeing where it is?" asked Storm as all three got to thinking. "There's gotta be another reason, but what?"

"Tracking torpedos? Hmm. What class ship was he fighting?"

"Mostly cruiser-to-cruiser. Nothing as small as your ship." stated Obi-wan.

"Well, no ship this small usually has a cloaking device," responded Anakin. "Maybe, he's tracking the magnetic signature. Thanks, Obi-wan. Hold off your attack until we destroy Trench."

"Might I remind you both that this was not your mission?" groaned Obi-wan as he put his hand to his face.

"You might," said Anakin as he just cut the transmission off abruptly to avoid Obi-wan's lecture. "Admiral, prepare to disengage cloaking device and fire."

"Battle stations!" shouted the Admiral as everybody got ready to fight.

"Engineering, check."

"Navigation, check."

"Guns, check."

"Torpedoes, check."

"Shields, check," stated Spark as did the other clones before him.

"Admiral, we are ready and waiting." responded the Commander.

"Your move, Generals." said to both Storm and Anakin to which they nodded.

"Fire." said both in unison.

They disabled their cloaking device one more as their ship appeared. The torpedos then shot out from their ship as they were making their way towards Trench's.

"There she is." said the Harch.

"Recloaking in five, four..." counted down Anakin.

"Sir, four more Republic torpedos armed and closing." informed the T-series tactical droid.

At that moment, the ship now turned on their cloaking device as they were invisible yet again.

"Lock us onto that ship's magnetic signature," stated Trench. The torpedos that were fired from the ship now made contact with Trench's shields. Just like before it created an explosion that was made upon contact with the shield's surface as it rocked the droids and Trench for a while as they found their balance.

"Magnetic signature locked." stated the T-series tactical droid.

"Arm tracking torpedoes and fire on my command," ordered Trench.

"But, sir, we cannot fire unless we lower our shields."

"Lower shields and fire!!!" yelled out Trench to the ignorant droid.

"Lowering shields." said the droid as he touched the panel and turned off their defensives. Soon they fired some torpedos of their own as they were headed towards the Jedi.

"General, I do hope you know what you're doing.

"So do I, Admiral," responded Anakin.

"Everybody hang on!" shouted Storm as he gave a warning to the crew as they buckled in.

The radar beeped as it showed the torpedos on the scanner as they were closing in. Looking out of the window, they could see the objects coming at them as they had a clear path. Anakin this time turned to the right as the torpedoes did the same. On Trench's ship, he was seeing the Jedi ship and the torpedoes that chased after it.

"They are turning around." said the droid.

"Generals, the cloaking device is active but they're locked onto our magnetic signature." stated the Commander to both Jedi.

"That's exactly what we wanted," said Storm to the Commander.

"He took the bait. Turn off the cloaking device. Divert all power to the engines." said Anakin.

The clones then began to do as he said as the ship got rid of the device and was once more visible. This time they put some extra drive into the engines as they picked up some speed with the torpedoes closing in behind them. Anakin had a serious and deadset look on his face as he knew where he was piloting his ship to.

"He is heading right for us."

"He can't. Raise the shields!!!" shouted Trench to the droid.

"We cannot. The shields are still recharging." informed the droid as they were sitting ducks.

The ship was now coming at Trench's full speed as the creature looked out of the window. Anakin was still putting everything he had into the throttle. At that moment, Trench saw what Anakin was doing as all of his eight eyes widen. The ship then made contact as it barely scraped against the surface of Trench's cruiser as everybody inside could feel the bump of the ship against the other. Trench then saw the torpedoes were still chasing after the Jedi ship as he closed his eyes as at that moment, all the torpedos came crashing into the window and took out the whole ship as it exploded and took out Trench with it.

"That's the way! Yes! We did it!" shouted the clones collectively as they cheered and gave some high fives.

"Never doubt you for one second," said Storm to his buddy as both boys shared a fistbump. Just then, Obi-wan made his presence known.

"I... hate to admit it, but good job, Anakin. We're beginning our attack on the Separatist fleet," said Obi-wan.

"Have fun." joked Skywalker. "We'll be delivering the supplies to the surface, Master."

"Right, and Storm... I'm sorry." apologized the Jedi Master. "You are Luna's student."

"I'll take that as a compliment." said the teen as he smiled and forgave his other friend.

"I'll join you both shortly," said Obi-wan as the transmission was cut off.


The ship had successfully landed on Christophsis as the supplies were being loaded. The Admiral, Anakin, and Storm all made it to the doors as they saw Senator Organa waiting for them.

"General Skywalker, General Storm, I have no idea how you both did it. But you saved a great many lives today." said the Senator as he thanked the Jedi Knights.

"Good job, kid," said the commander as he was impressed by what Spark did being a rookie. "Looks like you're now officially part of the crew."

"Thanks, Commander," said Spark as the two were walking side by side.

"Just like old times?" said Storm to Anakin.

"Just like old times." chuckled both boys as they saw the Admiral approach them.

"Well, looks like we make a pretty good team," stated Anakin.

"I must admit I am a bit surprised at the reckless nature of your tactics... though I cannot argue with their results." said the Admiral as both boys chuckled once more.

"Well, you'll find I like to do things differently from time to time."

"Indeed. The Chancellor mentioned as much though he insisted it was the highest compliment." said the Admiral as he walked past the two Jedi. Anakin just shook his head. "And General Storm, I know one day you'll make a great leader just like General Skywalker. Luna told me she has expectations."

"So I've been told." stated the boy as Anakin put his hand on his shoulder as the two began to prepare themselves for the upcoming battle.

PreviousChapters Next