• Published 20th Nov 2021
  • 2,449 Views, 857 Comments

Star Wars: The Great War - ShootingStar25



You've heard it time and time again. The Force surrounds us and binds the galaxy together. Well, that hits both hard and true. The time for survival is now and may the Force guide us to a better tomorrow.

  • ...
1
 857
 2,449

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 35: Homecoming

"I forbid it, Tia!" shouted Luna as her voice echoed.

"Lulu, whose the older sibling here?!" taunted Celestia as she stared down at her little sister. "Need I remind you of the goal of this partnership between our students."

"And need I remind you that I was against the idea of partnering Storm with Twilight!!" shouted Luna as her true feelings were coming out. "The only, only, reason why I agreed to your idea, was cause I had hoped he would become the leader that I know he can be. But since being paired up, he's not one shown he's ready to step up. And that is your fault, sister!"

"What do you think of Twilight, Lulu!!" shouted Celestia.

"She's not my student. I don't care about her duty."

"But she is mine, and her responsibility is mine as well."

"Just as it is my responsibility to prepare Storm for his! To prepare him so that he can be a leader! To prepare him for his destiny!!" shouted Luna. "And he hasn't been able to prove that because of his stupid @#$#@#%%#@ friendship he has with Twilight!!!!!!!"

"Calm down, Luna!!" responded Celestia using her "voice" as it boomed around the room as both sisters stood their ground.

Both sisters were growling at each other as it seemed the conversation they wanted to have evolved into a full-on argument. The tension in the air could be cut with a butter knife at how fragile the situation was from turning into a nuclear explosion.

"He is going, Luna. That's final. I'm the big sister, which means I'm the boss of you!" stated Celestia as Luna crossed her arms and gave a pouting face.


Twilight was in the library of the Jedi Temple as she was looking at some archives. With the recent victory of Ryloth, it seemed things were dying down for both the Republic and the Separatists. With the loss of the planet, it seemed the bad guys were forced to take a back seat to reevaluate their next move. Which meant there was some peace happening, which couldn't be taken lightly.

For the girl, she was filling her heart desires for knowledge. At that moment, her transmitter was beeping as she pulled it out. She was unsure of the contact it was telling her as she answered it. The image of the person came up as it got her to have her eyes widen.

"I come with a message," said the person.

"I was afraid this would happen," said Twilight as she finished hearing the message.

"We graciously wait for arrival. A ship will be sent to pick you up. Please inform your master of this scenario," said the person as the transmission ended.

"I guess... I have no choice. I was hoping to not return until all was said and done," stated Twilight as she looked upwards.

While the lavender girl went to inform her master of the message, she received, another Jedi was busy as he was currently at the hangout that he and Twilight visited where the boy showed off his skills when it came to freestyle.

"Put that speaker over there," said Vinyl as she was supervising the teen boy.

"Got it," said Storm as he was manually lifting the giant thing as he wobbled a bit. He made it to the spot just before the thing fell out of his hand.

"I don't get why you couldn't just use your Force powers to move the heavy stuff, Storm."

"Cause that's not what they're for, Vinyl. I use the Force for combat and dangerous situations. I can't use them willy nilly for everyday tasks. That's poor behavior as a Jedi and an abuse of my power."

"Is it really that bad to use the Force for everyday chores?" asked the Dj girl as she was plugged in some cables.

"Yes," replied the boy as he wiped his forehead.

"Alright, let's test it out," said Vinyl as she pushed a button on a remote.

The whole room turned dark as only the eyes of the pair were shown as they blinked. After a second, the room lit up with tons of colors and laser effects as the speakers were blasting out some bass noises.

"Well worth the credits I spent on the new equipment!" shouted Vinyl over the thundering sounds. She then pushed another button as the whole thing turned off, and the room went back to its normal state.

"So, you gonna debut this tonight?" asked Storm.

"Totally, and hey, since you helped me to set up. How about I hook you up with a free dinner on the house. Bring whoever you want, it's on me."

"I appreciate that Vinyl," said Storm as soon his communicator made a sound. He excused himself as he stepped away to answer it. "Storm here."

"Hey, it's me."

"Sparky?"

"Yeah, look... there's something that's happening."

"Looks like my dinner plans are going to be canceled," said Storm with a groan as he didn't like that what his partner was insinuating with that tone. "I'll be at the temple in a bit. This better be worth it!"

The Jedi Knight turned off the transmission as he silently cursed to himself.

"Hey, Vinyl. Looks like I'm not gonna be able to attend tonight's festivities."


In space, there was a shuttle being shown as it drifted. It was a shuttle that was used for anybody that didn't want to be picked up by registered transport. Normally, the only people who would board this shuttle would be refugees or people looking to escape. However, this shuttle had been paid for by Celestia as she gave the driver a hefty sum to take the passengers to their destination but also to not tell anybody about it.

On the shuttle, were two passengers as both Storm and Twilight were shown sitting across from each other. Twilight had managed to bring two suitcases with her when the pair left from Coruscant. After getting the message from Twilight, the boy arrived at the temple as both Luna and Celestia were waiting. They didn't say much, but from the expressions they had on their faces, it told the story. Especially for Luna, who had a scowl the whole time.

Soon thereafter, Twilight emerged with the suitcases in her hand as she gave them to Storm. The boy was confused as Celestia approached him and said that he would need to be accompanying Twilight as she had been summoned. To where, well, she didn't say. She did say for the boy to look after his partner as she gave some extra credits for him to hold onto in case of emergencies.

With nothing else told, Storm gave a nod as he cast one last look at Luna. The Jedi Master simply held her scowl as she watched her student board the shuttle. It then left Coruscant as the nighttime girl saw their apprentices leave. Since leaving, nothing was said between Twilight and Storm. The girl just sat in her seat as she kept to herself.

"Sparky?"

Twilight looked up as she saw her partner.

"Where are we going?"

"I... I... I..."

"Fine! You want to play that shit? Don't tell me!" said the boy as he wasn't gonna put up this.

"I... got a message this morning," said the girl after letting out a sigh. "It said, that I needed to be summoned."

"Where?" asked the boy.

"Home."

"Huh?"

"I got a message to... go home,"

"Where's home?" asked Storm.

"Final destination, coming up," said the driver.

"There," said the girl as she looked out of the window as a planet was shown.

Storm saw the planet as he was stunned by what he saw. It was a decent-sized planet, not too big, but not too small either. The colors that stood out were green and blue which indicated that it could sustain life effectively. There were white swirls shown which indicated some weather patterns and cloud movements. The shuttle now turned as it headed towards the planet.

"Equis," said the girl of her home planet.

The shuttle entered the planet's orbit as the scene changed to blue and white as they were high above the clouds. All around, creatures were shown flying about as they appeared next to the shuttle. Storm saw them as they gave a noise before splitting off. Soon they exited from the atmosphere as they were passed by mountains and valleys which caught the boy's eyes.

The pair then saw what looked like a small town/city as people were walking around. They soon landed on a landing pad near the station as the doors opened.

"I've got you two here. Pay me and we never knew each other," said the driver.

"Thank you," said Twilight as she put the hood of her Jedi cloak over her head as Storm paid the man and carried the suitcases off.

The shuttle then took off as it zoomed away. The pair now looked around as crowds of people were shown walking along the streets and dirt roads. Twilight then began to walk as Storm followed behind her hauling the luggage.

"So, this is your home? Any idea why we're here?" asked the boy to the girl walking next to him.

"There," said Twilight as she pointed ahead.

In the distance, there was a castle that overlook the city. That surprised Storm as he would have seen the building when they approached this place given its size. But for some reason, he managed to miss it. Especially, cause it stuck out like a sore thumb given that the buildings they were passing by seemed a bit more modern compared to what they were heading towards.

The Jedi Knights followed the road to the palace as they passed by more amazing sights that got Storm's attention. Twilight would have happily answered any of her partner's questions about her homeworld, but right now, she was on a mission.

The pair made it to the castle gates as posted out front were several guards in gold armor as they all wielded lances and spears. They saw the pair approaching as they all prepared for any danger.

"Halt! Only people who have business with the royal family may enter!" stated the lieutenant.

Before Storm could answer, Twilight stepped forward. She then pulled something from her cloak, and she showed it to the guards with her arm out. The boy couldn't see what it was that Twilight was showing the men, but from their expressions, it seemed whatever it was, was important. The guards then did a quick bow as they told the gatekeeper to raise the gates as they stepped through. Twilight then proceeded to walk as Storm followed behind still carrying the suitcases in his hands. Once the pair entered through the gates, it then closed behind them.

"What did you do, Sparky?" asked Storm.

"This," said Twilight as she took off her hood and showed her partner.

The girl pulled out a medal of sorts as the design caught the boy's eye. The thing was a pink six-sided sparkle surrounded by five smaller white sparkles.

"This is one of the royal crests that is associated with the royal family. Everybody here in Canterlot knows about it."

"So, how do you have access to that crest?" asked Storm with a raised eyebrow.

"Cause... I'm... the princess."

"Hold on, what?!!" said Storm as he wanted to make sure he was hearing that right.

At that moment, they were approached by one of the servants of the castle who was sent to fetch the pair.

"Princess Twilight Sparkle, so good of you to come. Welcome back home, your highness," said the servant.

"At ease," said the girl as she looked at Storm who had his mouth drop.

"You're... a... princess?" squeaked the Jedi Knight's voice.

The servant led them through the inner gardens as they were heading to the castle itself. There were gardeners at work doing their job in caring for all the foliage and small animals that lived there. They saw Twilight as they all bowed in respect to which the girl waved as they resumed their duties. They soon entered the castle doors as inside the place was much bigger. Columns, banners, all sorts of colors, were shown. Stairways, doors, even maids and butlers were shown keeping the place in clean condition. A door opened to the left as a food cart was shown as on it were delicates that the boy never saw in his life, but they looked good enough to eat.

"Allow me to take the bags," said the servant as he grabbed them from Storm's grip. "Shall I put them in your room, Princess?"

"Yes," answered Twilight. "And, where's..."

"They're currently handling some matters regarding the nearby lands. They heard you were coming and have asked you to take their place in the meeting that's about to start."

"Of course, thank you," said the girl as she dismissed the servant.

She then began to climb a stairwell as Storm followed her.

"So, you're a princess?" said Storm as the pair continued their walk as they came to a hallway that was open as they could see the garden.

"Yes, I... am a princess."

"You're a princess?"

"Yes, I am."

"You're a princess?"

"Okay, I get it. Don't have to say it every time!" pouted Twilight as she didn't like that her partner was still trying to get past that part.

"Is that why?"

"Why I didn't like it when you called me a princess?" said Twilight as she finished her partner's thoughts. "Yes, cause... I was one. This was my secret. I feared that if you knew who I really was, then you would think differently of me." stated the girl as she leaned against the railing looking at the courtyard.

"All this time? My partner has been a princess."

"Does that change your opinions about me?" asked Twilight as she looked at the boy.

"Oh no, if I knew you were a princess. I would have just made more princess jokes," stated Storm.

"This is the reason why I didn't tell you. Cause you would make fun of me," pouted the girl as she turned her head. She couldn't believe she was expecting a different answer from her partner.

Storm saw Twilight's reaction as he approached the girl, and he too leaned against the railing looking at the courtyard.

"So, how much royalty is in your blood?" asked Storm.

"Well, my father is the one with the royal lineage. He belong to whole generations before him that were also rulers. As for my mother, well, her father and his family have served them for ages. When my dad was a kid, he bumped into my mother at a young age. Her dad served as the advisor and the duke of Canterlot. So as you can tell, my parents spent a lot of time seeing each other since their parents worked so closely. Eventually, as they got older, they bonded and got closer. Until they fell in love and my dad asked my mother for her hand in marriage. That's how she became queen." stated Twilight.

"I come from two long lines of nobility and heritage," said the lavender girl.

"So, you're like, actually, royalty," said Storm.

"Yeah, me and my siblings are."

"Siblings? Woah. But wait, there's something that's not making sense. If you're a princess, how are you a Jedi?" asked Storm.

"Because..."

Just then they were interrupted.

"Princess Sparkle, the meeting is about to begin."

"Thank you for that," said the girl as she turned to address Storm. "We'll discuss this later. I promise to tell you everything."

Storm was about to follow Twilight when he was stopped by the guard with his weapon in front of him.

"Only royal delegates may be allowed to attend the meeting."

"It's alright. He's with me. He's... my personal bodyguard. And by my order, he's tasked with protecting me. As my knight." said Twilight as she smiled at Storm.

"Very well, your highness," said the guard as he lifted his weapon and allowed Storm to follow Twilight as the pair made their way to the room where the meeting was being held.


Safe to say, the meeting was long and tedious. Twilight was representing her parents as they had other royal business to attend. Not to mention, the other royal dukes and duchesses were glad to see the princess was back as they did ask her to inform them about how her Jedi training was progressing.

"It's unthinkable. There hasn't been this big of war in quite some time," said a duke named Fancy Pants. "And you're serving on the front lines, your highness. Do you not consider maybe letting the other Jedi handle this?"

"I've made my choice, Fancy Pants. This is the path that I need to follow. I know that if I'm out on the field, I can help to turn the tide of the war into our favor." responded Twilight.

"We're glad the Republic has allowed our presence and our home to remain a secret. But we can't help but worry for your safety."

"I understand your concern, Raven. All of you, but I am confident that the Republic will bring peace to the galaxy once more," stated Twilight as Storm was standing behind the girl as he had been listening to his partner delegate to which she proved to be a natural in the world of politics.

"In that case, we must keep our fate in the Republic. And trust the princess' word," stated Inkwell as the meeting was brought to an end.

All the people and Twilight stood up from their seats. They were leaving the room as Raven Inkwell and Twilight talked.

"The day we stop believing in democracy is the day we lose it."

"Let's hope that day never comes," said Twilight.

"What do you think of all this, Master Jedi?" asked Fancy Pants to Storm as they were informed by the princess who he was.

"Oh, please. Storm isn't a master, he's barely a Jedi Knight. Now as I..."

"Woah, hold on there, princess," stated the boy as he was offended by how Twilight was downplaying him. "What do you mean, 'barely' a Jedi Knight? As far as I'm concerned, I'm one of the best in the Jedi Order."

"And I didn't say you were, did I?" smirked the girl to her partner. "You just assumed, which is one of the reasons why you're not a Jedi Master, is it? I think it would be wise if you took advantage of my knowledge while we're here."

"I'm sorry, your highness," stated Storm as he bowed, but he gritted his teeth as he so badly wanted to comment on Twilight for making him look like an idiot in front of the other delegates.

Twilight held her devious smile as she patted Storm's cheek to further embarrass the boy. With that, the other delegates all left to return to their homes as the pair was now walking through another part of the castle. Storm was about to speak when Twilight ran ahead to a railing and got on it as she bypassed the many stairs. The girl was laughing as she reached the end and landed as the boy was shocked to see the princess acting like this.

They continued walking as they passed by the royal kitchen as the many smells invaded the boy's nostrils. They saw the many cooks and head chef getting the food ready as there were some meals that the boy didn't know what they were. The pair passed by more places in the huge castle all the while, Storm was taking it all in. To think that this was the home of her partner and her family, really blew his mind.

"So, can you tell me the whole story?" asked Storm as they were walking into another hallway that was exposed.

"Fine," sighed Twilight as she approached the railing and lifted herself on top of it. She had her arms to her side as she walked along the edge and kept her balance to avoid falling as she spoke.

"As you know, I'm a princess. But... I'm also a Jedi. In fact, out of the long line of royalty that I belong to. I'm the first and only person in my family to be a Jedi. To start, my mom and dad loved each other deeply that they gave birth to 3 kids. I'm the middle one and second oldest. And since being born, they told me that I had a duty to uphold and that to be the princess that this kingdom needed."

"Meaning what?" asked Storm with a raised eyebrow as he was walking alongside the girl.

"The only other person who's been here, other than you, is my master. I was about 3 years old, the day she arrived. Her ship crashed into my home planet. She was fine, but with no way to call for help, she started to scout the nearby forest. Eventually, she stumbled upon my parent's kingdom. So she met with my folks as they were wondering what a Jedi was doing this far in space. She told them that she was returning from a mission, but her ship malfunctioned. Fortunately, my folks said they would provide her with the resources she needed to repair her ship. But in exchange, they told her to not let the Jedi Council know of this planet's existence. They knew about the Jedi and their battle with the Dark Side of the Force, so they made her vow that their people who not get drawn into their conflict. She agreed, and so my folks had our mechanics tend to her ship."

"It took longer than expected as it seemed the entire engine would have to be rebuilt and redesigned. So my folks allowed her to stay in the palace till her ship was ready. During that time, they asked her many things, especially her being a Jedi."

"And how do you fit into all of this?" asked Storm. Twilight then reached the end of the railing as she did a front flip and landed.

"There was something. Something that caused Celestia to notice me."

"Another secret you're not gonna tell me?" responded Storm as the girl rubbed her arm with her other hand as she looked away. "Fine, moving on."

"When Master Celestia found out that I was strong with the Force, she approached my parents. She told them that I had the skills and potential to become a Jedi. She asked them if she could take me back to the Jedi Temple so that I could learn to hone my skills and improve my training with the Force. They were hesitant on the idea of sending me with her, mainly because... I have a responsibility I need to accomplish."

"What responsibility?" asked Storm.

"That I will be betrothed when I turn 18," answered Twilight.

"Betrothed?" stated the boy with a confused tone.

"That I would need to get married. So that I can prepare myself for when I become Queen and take over the kingdom."

"Is that why, the thing with your hair?"

"Since being born, I've been taught in the ways of a princess and how I should carry myself, both professionally and personally."

"But wait, if you're to be married, how are you a Jedi? Cause as Jedi we can't fall in love. It's forbidden."

"Usually, but there are rare exceptions, aren't they?" answered Twilight as she glanced at her partner. "Master Ki-Adi-Mundi was allowed to have a marriage, due to his species' low birth rate, which is why he has lots of wives and children. For me, it was because of my parent's ruling and tradition of Equis royalty."

"So, you can fall in love, despite being a Jedi?" asked Storm.

"Yes. The Jedi Code forbids possession and attachment, we're trained and encouraged to love in terms of compassion. This is why the Jedi Order prohibits any romantic feelings so that we can make the right choice for the Order and not neglect our Jedi duties in the favor of the person we care about the most, even if that would mean the end of the relationship. Master Celestia explained all of that to my parents which they didn't like as they wanted me to be married when I was ready."

"How then? How did she convince them to let you go with her?" asked Storm.

"They made a deal. That I could be allowed to go with Celestia to train to be a Jedi under one very, very, strict rule. If I turn 18 and I obtain the rank of Jedi Master by that time, then I wouldn't need to worry about being married right then and there. But... should I... not be ranked as a Master by 18, then... I would return home, and give up my Jedi training to fulfill my duty."

Twilight let out a sigh as Storm stood there. The boy was taking in the huge weight that was on Twilight's shoulders as he now knew why the girl was so eager to become a Jedi Master as quickly as she could.

"That's... wow... I didn't know you had all this stress and responsibility on you."

"Celestia heard the terms my parents made, and she agreed to their deal. So, the next day, my parents helped me to pack my stuff in a suitcase as they brought me to where Celestia's ship was. The engineers had built her ship as it was all set to take her and me to Coruscant. She saw me as I was a bit scared of leaving my family. She assured me that I would be okay and that she would guide me whenever I needed help. So I looked at her and could see she was being genuine. With that, I said goodbye to my folks, and since then, I've been training to be a Jedi."

"What happened next?" asked the boy.

"I arrived at the Temple and was brought before the Jedi Council. All the Jedi Masters, including Luna, sat and watched me as I did a small test. My score was the highest; Celestia smiled at how intelligent I was for someone my age. With that, I then began my Jedi training. I was put in a class with other younglings as I began to hone my powers. Then a few years passed as I became a Padawan, then soon after, I was assigned to learn under a Jedi Master. And low and behold, it turned out to be Celestia. When I was a Padawan, she often gave me one on one sessions. So it only seems fit that I became her apprentice. The next thing I knew, I became a Jedi Knight, and then... I... met you."

Twilight looked at Storm as she was staring at the boy. She then leaned against the railing to look at the outside of the castle.

"Now... you know. My secret. The one thing that I was afraid to tell you. So, go ahead. Have your laugh, I'm the one who told first."

Storm just stood there as he saw his partner looking forward. He then approached her and put his hand on Twilight's shoulder, it got the girl to look at him.

"I'm not laughing at you," smiled the boy as Twilight couldn't help but do the same. She scooted closer to tell her partner something when...

"Pardon me, princess. But your mother and father would like to see you," said a maid. "They're currently in the dining hall."

"Right, I'll be there shorty," said Twilight as the maid bowed and left. "Well, you hungry?"

"Always," stated Storm as he got Twilight to chuckle a bit as she put her hand to her mouth.

The pair made it to another part of the castle as they approached a set of doors. They pushed them as they came to another huge room as there was a table in the middle. Around the table were servants in their dress code as there were two people already seated. They heard the door open as they looked in the direction and saw the girl.

"Your highness," said the servants.

"Sweetie!" shouted the female person at the table as she got up and rushed towards Twilight.

"Hi, mom," said the Jedi Knight as she was embraced tightly by her mother.

"So good to see you," said Twilight's father as he was still seated at the table.

"It's nice to see you two as well," stated Twilight as she then realized that Storm was still present as her mother was now looking at the teen boy. "Storm, this is my mother, Twilight Velvet."

"Hello," said the boy as he gave a bow to the Queen.

"Hello, Storm."

"I see where Twilight got her name from," stated Storm.

"Just call me Velvet. It'll be much easier for all of us," stated the women.

"And that... is my father, Night Light."

"Your highness," said Storm as he showed his respect to the King.

Night Light didn't say anything as he took a sip from his glass. He had an expression on his face as he was taking in the sight of the boy being by his daughter's side.

"Well, you made it just in time for lunch. I hope you're hungry, Storm."

"A little," stated the boy to Twilight's mother.

"He's being polite, Mom. We're starving," stated Twilight as she took Storm's hand and led them to the table.

The pair took a seat as Storm was positioned next to Twilight as Velvet made her way back to her chair. The servants then brought their plates as they gave one to the boy as he saw the meal.

"Honey, it's so good to see you. We were worried you wouldn't come."

"Dear!" stated Night Light to his wife.

"I know. I know," said the girl to her husband, "But I had to say it. Now it's done."

"I appreciate you're concern for me, Mom. But I know how to take care of myself."

Night Light looked at Storm as Twilight said that statement to her mother. The boy saw the way the King was glancing at him as he felt like he was being watched. He reached for the glass containing his drink when Velvet spoke.

"You know, Storm, you're the first boyfriend my daughter ever brought home," asked Velvet with a smile.

At that moment, Storm spitted out his drink as it sprayed all over Night Light. The boy realized what he did as he was now a bit terrified about what the King might do to him. Hopefully, it didn't involve him getting his head cut off. The servants now rushed to the king's side as they were drying him off.

"Mom, Storm's not my boyfriend!" stated Twilight to her mother as she couldn't help but turn slightly red. "He's a friend. We're known each other for quite a while. He's been assigned as my Jedi bodyguard while I'm here."

Safe to say, that part Twilight made up. But for the girl, it was a reasonable lie that she hoped her parents would believe, which they bought. After that, the four of them continued to eat their meal as now and then, Twilight would tell her folks about how much had happened since she left to study on being a Jedi.


After their meal, Twilight was in the kitchen with her mother as around them were the servants washing the plates and glasses. During this time, they were talking.

"Why haven't you told us about him?" asked Velvet as she was putting the dishes in the cupboard.

"Was is there to talk about? He's just a boy," said Twilight to her mother as she knew what the woman was trying to imply.

"A boy? Sweetie, when have you ever talked to a boy? Even before you left, you never once interacted with a boy. You were always so stuck in your books and now look at you." smiled Velvet.

"Mom, stop it!" shouted Twilight as she was turning red from embarrassment from her own mother.

"I'm just saying."

"Now I'm reminded why I didn't want to bring him. Storm and I are friends. Our relationship is strictly professional," said Twilight as she was now looking out of the window in the kitchen as she saw her partner walking with her father in the garden. "And besides, he's my partner. I told you guys how Celestia had me team up with her sister's student so that we can improve our training. Well, that's the purpose of us being together. Nothing more than to get the next level of experience to become Jedi Masters. Besides, Jedi are forbidden from falling in love, did you forget that rule?"

"No I didn't sweetie, but... you can," stated Velvet.

Storm was outside as he saw the window as Twilight and her mother were standing there. He gave them a small wave as the girl returned the gesture to her partner. She then saw her mother as she smirked at seeing the action between her daughter and the teen boy as she was once again embarrassed.

With the boy, after lunch, Night Light had wanted him to accompany him as they were currently taking a stroll through the gardens. The King wanted to have a chance to speak with the Jedi Knight as he had some questions.

"Twilight tells me that you're a well respected ruler. That you treat your subjects with care and compassion," said Storm.

"Did she now?" said the King with a stern tone while not directly looking at the teen. "Did she say anything else?"

"None, sir."

"Tell me, boy? What are your intentions with my daughter?" asked Night Light as he walked next to the boy.

"Intentions? I don't understand, your highness. Twilight, uh, I mean, your daughter is a capable person who can take care of herself."

"And yet she has a Jedi Knight assigned to her? Tell me the truth, is she in danger?"

"No, sir," answered Storm truthfully.

"Good. Why are you here?" asked the king.

"I'm... her partner. I'm not sure if she told you or not, but our masters have put us together to improve our training. So that we may become Jedi Masters."

"She mentioned being in a partnership with a fellow Jedi. What she didn't say, was that Jedi was a boy. A boy around her age." said Night Light with a stern look. "I want no harm to come to my daughter, do you understand? She is my world, she's my precious sparkle. I would be devasted if something horrible happened to her. Do I make myself clear?"

"Crystal," replied Storm.

"Make sure you mind your distance with my daughter. She has a duty to uphold, and she doesn't need any distractions. The weight of the crown rest on her shoulders." said Night Light as he began to leave while the boy stood in place. "You're a talented Jedi Knight, Storm. I hope you get your dream of being a Jedi Master."

Storm watched the king leave as he was thinking about his words. The boy was shown walking around the castle as he was exploring the place. He passed by some servants as they showed their respect for the boy as they believed Twilight's lie that he was assigned to her. Seems he also heard some mumbles between the maids as they giggled while hiding their faces when he passed them. He soon made it to the castle's library as he saw Twilight inside.

The boy wasn't shocked as he figured this was where the girl would be. She was currently on one of the ladders as she was reaching for a book. She had her arm extended as the book was just inches from her fingers as Storm made his way over to her.

"Come on! Just... a little... more..." grunted Twilight as she could feel her fingertips on the stem of the book.

At that moment, the girl lost her footing as she wobbled on the ladder. It tipped over as Twilight was shown falling backward. She fell as she waved her arms in front of her. She fell and then landed as Storm was directly under the girl to which he casually put his arms out as he caught the princess. Twilight felt her landing as she wrapped her arms around the boy's neck as she was grateful she didn't fall to her death.

"Why did I expect anything else to happen but this?" asked the boy as he glared at his partner.

"Sorry," said Twilight as she twirled her hair and looked away for a sec. "Thanks for catching me."

"No problem, now... let go of me!!!" shouted the boy.

"Right," stated Twilight as she released her hold on her partner and jumped out of his hands.

Storm then put his hand out as he used the Force to pull the book from its spot and floated it into Twilight's hands.

"Anything else you need, your highness?" asked Storm in a snotty voice as Twilight couldn't help but chuckle.

The door then opened as a voice was heard.

"Twilight, you in here?"

The person speaking turned out to be a small boy. He peaked his head in as he saw the lavender girl.

"Twilight, you're home," stated the small boy.

"Spike!" said the girl as she bent down to her knees and had her arms out as her little brother rushed towards her as the siblings hugged.

For the pair, it was a long time since they last talked. Storm was observing the two as he could see that the small kid was about ten years younger than Twilight. The girl may have left well before he was born, but whenever their family contacted Twilight through communicators, Spike was able to know who his sister was as he couldn't wait for the day to meet her in person and now, here she was. The siblings broke apart as Twilight rubbed her hand through her little brother's hair.

"So glad to see you."

"You as well, Spike. Are you doing good in school?" asked the girl.

"Yup, doing my best every day," responded Spike. "I just arrived and mom told me how you're visiting us for a while. So, are you... a Jedi?"

Twilight couldn't help but laugh at her brother's question. While she may have left home at a very young age, she knew about all the things that were happening back home while she was training. She learned that her parents were having another kid, which turned out to be Spike, as the girl was ecstatic to have a little brother. And so over the years, she was away, whenever she communicated with her family, she would see Spike from a newborn to where he was now.

"Why don't I tell you tomorrow? That way, we can catch up. Now, go do your homework. Don't want to get bad grades now?"

"Alright," stated Spike as he turned to head towards his room. He only caught a glance as he saw Storm when he left the library.

"It's nice to finally hug my little brother."

"You've been away from your family for this long, huh?" stated Storm as he could tell by Twilight's eyes and face that there was a sense of happiness to be reunited with her family.

"Yes," said the girl as she quickly realized something. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to... you know... since... you don't..."

"It's okay. I'm not offended, Sparky," said Storm as he knew what the girl was implying about him not having any family relatives.

"Thank you for understanding. But yeah, it's been so long since I was last home. I guess... I forgot what it was like. Training to be a Jedi takes its toll on you. Being separated from your family."

"From the ones who support you," continued Storm.

"The ones who care about you," said Twilight.

''The people who will stand by you," said the boy.

"The ones who you can count on," said the pair in unison as they looked at each other.

They cracked a smile as they realized what they did. It caused the two to let out a small chuckle at how their friendship with one another was being on full display.

"To think that Celestia felt it was a good idea to have you accompany me."

"This was Celestia's idea?" asked Storm.

"Well, sort of. See when I met with her and told her about going home. She told me to have you come with me. Luna wasn't pleased with that idea."

"Why?" asked Storm.

"Well, she felt like if this partnership is going to be a success. Then we need to see each other's worlds. I've seen yours, the war, being on the frontlines, battling in space and on the battlefield. That's the life you grew up in. Now, it's time I share my world with you a bit." said Twilight.

"Well, I'll admit this. I'm excited to see what you have to offer me," said the boy with a smile as the princess was now smiling.

"I got plenty of things lined up. Like the grand festival, we're having in a few days."

"Festival means food, which means you got my attention immediately," joked the Jedi Knight as Twilight once more giggled.

"It's getting late, let me show you to one of the guest rooms in the castle," stated Twilight as she began to lead the boy as they left the library.


The pair soon arrived at the wing of the castle where the guest rooms were as they stood before the set of doors. Twilight then pushed them open as both walked in. For the boy, he was taking it all in as the room was big. He'd never been in something this huge as it felt a bit intimidating by the amount of space.

"Well, what do you think?" asked Twilight.

"It's... big."

"Yeah, it's a little bit more than our regular Jedi quarters. Well, I should leave for now. I'll see you in the morning, Storm. Good night."

"Night, Sparky," replied the Jedi Knight as he saw the princess leave as the door closed with a thud.

The boy then looked at the bed, as he was observing the massive structure. He then sat on it as to his surprise, it felt soft and comfy. He leaned back as the Jedi let out a satisfied sigh. Safe to say, while Luna was very against sending her student with Twilight to visit her home, the boy was soaking it all in as he was looking forward to seeing what his partner's home had to offer. The scene then transitioned to the window as it lifted towards the sky as the moon and stars shined with a bright sparkle.

PreviousChapters Next