• Published 20th Nov 2021
  • 2,450 Views, 857 Comments

Star Wars: The Great War - ShootingStar25



You've heard it time and time again. The Force surrounds us and binds the galaxy together. Well, that hits both hard and true. The time for survival is now and may the Force guide us to a better tomorrow.

  • ...
1
 857
 2,450

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 38: Mismatched

It was a brand new day in the kingdom of Canterlot. The entire castle staff as well as the townspeople were getting ready as the festival was 2 days away. It was a celebration of the summer solstice for the planet of Equis and the citizens in the kingdom were all doing their part in making sure that the festival would be a grand one. Especially, cause this time, the princess was present. In fact, Twilight had left with Celestia just days before the festival of that year when she went to study the Jedi Arts.

So that alone, meant that everybody was wanting to impress the king's daughter by making sure this event was sort of a homecoming for the girl after being gone for so long. Even Twilight was excited as the last festival she was so young, that and because being away from home for so long, she had forgotten how much fun it was as the constant struggle of the war plagued her mind as well as her duty. But the festival was going to be a day for her to relax.

Speaking of the princess, she had gotten up rather early. The girl wasn't the only one, as when she reached her balcony to see the entire courtyard. She noticed someone doing some stretches in the middle section near the gardens. She then saw a yellow blade ignited as Storm was doing his exercises.

The girl smiled as she began to head downstairs to meet her partner. Storm was doing some simple swings with his lightsaber as he counted. He then began to spin around as he added some more basic thrusts and attacks as he continued his stretches. He then swung around once more bringing his blade down when there stood Twilight. The blade stopped in front of the girl's face as she wasn't intimidated that it was mere inches from her nose.

"I see you're up early," stated the girl as she moved the blade away from her face using the Force.

"Hey, Sparky," replied Storm as he retracted his blade. "Just doing some stretches that Luna taught me to do before I start training. What about you? Why are you up early?"

"Well, I felt like it," smiled the girl. "Plus, I too wanted to do some exercise. Mind if I join you?"

"Sure," shrugged the Jedi Knight.

For a while, the two Jedi Knights began to do their stretches. The teen boy even helped the princess to adjust a stance he was teaching her as he appeared next to the girl and put his hands on her to adjust her grip and where to position her hands on the helm of her blade. All the while, Twilight was enjoying herself by having her partner give her some lessons.

While they were training, the gardeners and a few servants saw the pair as they smiled. The gardeners began to work in the rows of fauna as the teens were in the middle of the courtyard doing their stuff. The pair soon took a small break as they did some meditation and sat next to each other.

The pair were taking deep breaths as they spoke their oath.

"There is no emotion,..." started Storm.

"there is peace." finished Twilight.

"There is no ignorance,...

"there is knowledge."

"There is no passion,..."

"there is serenity."

"There is no chaos,...

"there is harmony."

"There is no death,..."

"there is the Force."

Both teens took one final breath as they opened their eyes and finished their ritual. After that, they began to do a quick summary of the many lightsaber forms that were taught to them during their early days.

"Recap. What's Form one?" asked Twilight as she tested her partner's knowledge.

"Form one also known as Shii-Cho. Every Jedi youngling learns the basics of attack, parry, body target zones, and the practice drills called velocities."

"Good," responded Twilight.

"Alright, your turn, Sparky? Form Two?"

"Form two, also known as Makashi. Represents the ultimate refinement of lightsaber to lightsaber combat."

"Alright, that was an easy one." pouted Storm.

"Maybe I'm just that smart. Form Three?" countered Twilight with a smirk as she asked it was her partner's turn to answer again.

"Form three also called Soresu. Developed in response to the advancement of blaster technology in the galaxy."

"Form four also called Ataru. The most acrobatic form filled with numerous elaborate moves and relies heavily upon a Jedi's ability to run, jump, and spin using the Force."

"Form five which has two distinct variations. Shien and Djem So. Form five focuses on strength and lightsaber attack moves. Form five Shien variation exploits the ability of the lightsaber to block a blaster bolt and turns this defensive move into an offensive attack by deflecting the bolt deliberately toward an opponent. Form five Djem So variation is devoted specifically to lightsaber dueling. "

"Form six also called Niman. This form balances the emphasis of other forms with overall moderation. Through form six, a Jedi may achieve true harmony and justice without resorting to the rule of power."

"Form seven also called Juyo!" stated both Jedi Knights in unison. "Is the most difficult and demanding of all forms. Only high-level masters of multiple forms can achieve and control this discipline which can lead to fantastic power and skill."

Both teens finished their recap as they smiled at each other.

"Well, good to know you haven't forgotten them all," smirked Twilight. "And of course, you know which one I prefer and use."

"Yeah, the one that makes you a nerd," countered Storm.

"Don't call me that!!" stated Twilight as she put on a pouting face and crossed her arms. The princess looked away as the boy was laughing his ass off.

"Also side note," said Storm as he quickly looked at the fourth wall with everything freezing. "To help those reading understand what we just said. Let me put it this way. Master Fisto is a master of Form one, Form two - Master Ki-Adi-Mundi, Form three - Master Obi-wan, Form four - Master Qui-Gon and Aayla Secura, Form five - Anakin, Form six - General Grevious, and Form seven - Master Windu. So there you go, oh, Luna and Celestia. Well, you guys can figure that out."

The boy then returned to reality as Twilight was still holding her pouting face.

"Are you ready?" asked Twilight as she wanted to move the subject.

"Ready," responded the boy.

The pair now stood up as they took their position facing each other. Both took a deep breath as they pulled out their lightsabers and prepared to do some sparring. Both Jedi Knights rush forward. Their blades collided with one another as they hummed. They pulled back as they began to do some basic attacks and lunges while holding their ground and blocking. Each time one hit, the other would hold in place and block before they attack and the other block.

It was a simple exercise, but both were in it as they tried to take the other off their feet. While the teens were fighting in place, another person appeared as he began to watch them along with the gardeners and a few servants who stopped to watch the princess and her appointed knight battle. Spike was amazed at seeing his sister and her friend use their flashy swords as it was like watching a play. He soon began to express his voice as he cheered on his big sister.

"Thrust, parry, move to your left!" cheered Spike as he was using his fist to copy the teens' moves as the sounds of them grunting could be heard. "I meant my left," said Spike as he lifted his right hand.

"Wait, that's my right. Never mind, ignore what I said," said the small prince.

"Feel free to give up anytime and save yourself further humiliation, your highness," taunted Storm.

"Did you know?" asked Twilight as their blade clashed and held in place. "Bargaining is a sign of weakness!" shouted the girl as she used her strength to move the blade to the side as both teens turned.

"Hey, Storm. You got something on your shirt?" stated Spike.

"Huh?" said the teen as he quickly looked.

That split second, Twilight acted as she swung and knocked the boy's blade from his hand. It landed on the ground next to him as Twilight was smiling.

"What was that about humiliation, Storm?" smirked the girl while putting her hand on her hip.

"At least I fight fair, Sparky. I don't need my annoying little brother to help me," responded the boy to the girl's face as he walked to retrieve his weapon on the ground.

"What?!!" shouted Twilight as she was offended by her partner. To think that she would use Spike as a way for her to gain the upper hand when she knew her skills could that instead.

"I need no help!" stated the girl as she took her stance once more. This time she held her blade up in an Och sword position.

Storm got his lightsaber as he turned it on and held his blade close to his right side. The two teens prepared to engage again when Twilight noticed something. She saw her brother had some rope in between Storm's legs as the small boy was hoping to trip the Jedi Knight to help his sister win.

"I know what you're planning to do," said Storm as he knew what Spike wanted to do even without looking behind or under him while holding his stance. Safe to say, the small prince was shocked that the Jedi knew he was behind him.

"Spike!!!" shouted Twilight as she put her blade down. She shook her head while putting her hand on her hip once more.

"I just want to help," responded the small boy.

"Exactly, buzz off and let me have a fair fight," explained Twilight to her little brother.

"Fine, I'll go heckle the pigeons. They like to fight dirty," responded Spike as he stomped off in annoyance while grumbling to himself.

The princess saw her sibling leave as she turned her head in time to see Storm bringing his blade down on her. The girl was able to react quickly as she horizontally brought her lightsaber as Storm's came down on her before he backed off and went for a side attack as the girl shifted her weapon down to her left.

"Too slow, nerd," taunted Storm.

"Name-calling is for losers, you idiot," replied Twilight.

"Ass kisser!"

"Thick head!"

Both yelled at one another as their blades clashed again with their faces up close and personal as they tried to gain the upper hand.

"Weapons down!" stated a voice.

The pair looked to their side as there stood Night Light as he was accompanied by a guard. The gardeners and few servants who had stopped their work to see the teens battle all gasped. They quickly returned to their jobs as they didn't want to get into trouble. The king began to take a few steps forward to address his daughter and her friend.

"True Jedi fight with dignity, do they not, Twilight?" asked Night Light.

"Yes, dad."

"For the record, she started it," spoke Storm.

"I did not!" shouted the girl as she looked at her partner.

"Quiet! Both of you." said the King as he looked at the teenagers before him. "Now, Jedi Knight Storm. I asked you to showcase your skills to me. To see if you have it takes to realize your ambitions as well as to see if Twilight does have a partner she can count on. So, let it be known, that tomorrow. The day before the festival begins, you will show me what you have learned. And you shall do so against my daughter."

"What?!!" said both Jedi Knights in unison.

"A test, of course. To not only see who is the better Jedi. But a chance for me and the rest of my family to see how far our daughter has come since she left when she was young."

"Dad? Are you sure?"

"Tomorrow, I shall determine the better swordsman once and for all," said the King as he walked away with the guard following behind him.

"Well, that... didn't go as I expected," said Storm as he looked forward, seeing his partner's father disappear.

"Yeah. Not to mention, my family really wants to see my Jedi skills," added Twilight.

"No offense, but I'm gonna win," smiled Storm smugly at the girl.

"In your dreams! As far as I know, I'm the better one between the two of us. I've been trained by Master Celestia," replied Twilight with some pride in her voice.

Storm response was grabbing Twilight's hand as he wrestled to take her lightsaber. He did it with one hand as he now held the girl's weapon as the princess was less than pleased by how her partner was acting.

"Grow up! Give that back, Storm!" shouted Twilight to her friend for snatching her weapon.

"Make me, egghead!"

"Don't you call me an egghead!!!!!" shouted Twilight at the top of her lungs.

She couldn't believe that her partner said the one word she hated more than being called a nerd. The princess now began to chase after the Jedi Knight in hopes of not only getting her weapon but also making him pay for calling her that name.

The two teens were now running along the courtyard as they leaped over the many obstacles using flips and the momentum of their bodies as they rolled and slid under certain objects. The servants of the whole castle saw the teens as they stepped out of the way as the pair kept on chasing run. They got to a tree as Storm was on one side waving Twilight's weapon in front of her as the princess was trying to reach for it as he moved to the other side.

"Give that back, Storm! I need it to practice!" pouted the girl as she thought it was immature of her friend for acting like this.

The Jedi Knight did a quick distraction as he waved Twilight's blade in front as the girl went to reach for it. This allowed him a second of distraction as he waved his other hand to a nearby bush as one of the branches extended to hit Twilight in her rear. That allowed the Jedi Knight the chance to continue to run and mess with his partner.

"Hey! Typically boys!" said Twilight rubbing her tushie while blushing a bit. She then continued to chase after him.

The teens were now located near the courtyard section where they were in front of the kitchen window. Twilight was still trying to get a hold of Storm as the boy kept on laughing. From the small window, two people were seeing what the Jedi were doing as one of them had a smile.

"Gustave, is that I think it is?" asked Cadance looking at the window.

"Oui, mademoiselle," said the head chef in a french accent while twirling his thin curly mustache. "They are my prized cabbages. I think zee horse dung is..." The chef thought the girl was talking about the vegetables that were on the windowsill instead of what was happening outside.

"No, not that! Twilight and Storm, hugging and giggling," said Cadance with a huge grin at seeing the two teens act.

Gustave looked back out of the window as Twilight was still trying to get her hands on Storm as she was now seething on her face.

"Or, zee princess has something in her shirt," replied Gustave as he saw the teens and thought differently.

"Oh please, Gustave. Where's your sense of romance?" asked Cadance.

"I beg your pardon, mademoiselle," said the chef looking at the girl with a raised eyebrow. He then looked back out the window as he still didn't get what the lady was saying as Twilight was still trying to get her weapon back from her annoying partner.

"I knew it! Storm and Twilight are sweethearts," spoke Cadance as she began to stir the pot cooking over the stove. She was happy based on the conversation that she had with the boy days prior.

Cadance's voice had traveled up the nearby vent as there was another person who overheard that sentence.

"Sweethearts? My daughter and Storm," said Velvet as she was in her room standing in front of a mirror as a nearby servant was helping the Queen to pick out an outfit for the festival.

"Are you sure, Cadance? Twilight and her pal seem to spend most of their time arguing," said the chef as he was able to pick up how the two acted since they arrived.

"Of course they do. To hide their true feelings," giggled Cadance as she couldn't contain herself. "Oh, this is exciting. To think that the princess and her appointed knight are secret sweethearts."

That final sentence made its way to the vent and up to Velvet's room as she could hear it. Safe to say, she too was smiling at seeing her daughter finally find someone she enjoyed.

"Did you hear that, Delilah? Twilight has a secret!" shouted Velvet as the servant merely nodded before she was being shaken by the Queen in glee.

Velvet's voice traveled through another vent as this time it went upwards. It was heard by another person as Spike was currently playing with his action figures when he heard the voice of his mother. Especially, the piece about his big sister.

"Twilight has a... no... not from me," said Spike as he knew that his sister trusted him with anything. So if she had a secret, why didn't she tell him when she returned home. So that only caused the boy to think about his older sibling.


Sometime later, Twilight had managed to get her weapon from Storm. The princess was now practicing her stances and swings all the while blocking a small seeker droid who was firing bolts constantly at the girl. Spike saw his sister as he walked until he was behind her.

"Uhm, Twilight. Is there something you would like to say to your little brother?"

"Yes, there is. I need a sparring partner," said the girl as she used the Force to deactivate the drone and picked up an object. "Hold this," the princess gave the object to her little brother as the boy held it firmly above in his hands.

The Jedi Knight now began to attack the hardened object as she was practicing her attacks and strikes ahead of tomorrow's match with her partner.

"Yeah, okay, and in return. Maybe you can tell me your secret?" asked Spike as he could feel the hits from the lightsaber as he was sliding back a few feet from his sister's power and strength.

"What secret might that be?" asked Twilight as she kept on pounding her blade against the object.

"Your secret, secret. Is it a secret party for your favorite little brother?" asked the small boy with a hopeful smile.

"No," replied the girl bluntly.

"Oh, well, you dyed your hair?" asked the boy, still holding the object above his head.

"Are you completely mad?!!" replied the older sibling.

"Uh, you have a funny-shaped birthmark?"

"No! And besides, Spike. How would you know if I had a birthmark? I'm was born way before you." stated the princess as she stopped and put her hand on her hip.

"Is it shaped like a cow? Cause that would be funny." smiled the kid.

"Look, no secrets! No birthmarks! And no more patience! Now let me practice!" shouted the girl as she didn't like her brother was asking her stupid questions.

"Fine, be like that. I'll find out myself!" shouted Spike as the small prince stomped off, determined to figure out what his sister was hiding.

The lavender girl turned back on the seeker droid as she went back to training. All the while, Spike had entered the castle as he went to the library inside as he was looking for someone. It didn't take long as he soon saw them at a table scribbling some notes. The person was a girl who was around Twilight's age as she had vanilla skin and wore glasses that looked like they had broken at some point, judging by how the middle of her glasses had tape wrapped around it. Her eyes were purple and she had long, red hair with a light and dark purple stripe running down from each tip.

"Let's see, carry the one. Then mix a bit of dust, and..."

"Hey, Moondancer!" shouted Spike.

"Yaah!!" screamed the girl as she fell out of her chair and back first on the ground.

"Oops, sorry," said the prince as he towered over the girl spread out on the floor.

"Spike," growled Moondancer as she grumbled and began to get up while dusting herself. "What do you want?"

"Well, seeing as how you follow Twilight around..."

"I'm her lady in waiting," said Moondancer cutting off the prince, "It's my duty to guide her, as her assistant. Especially, since she's been gone for so long that I have had to help her catch up on what's been happening back home."

"Right. So listen, maybe you know what my sister's secret is?"

"Twilight has a secret?" said Moondancer as this surprised her.

"Yes, a great big 'keep it to herself' secret," replied Spike.

"That's... unexpected. I'm sorry, your highness. But I don't know."

"Never mind," said the boy as he hopped off a stool and left. All the while, Moondancer was now curious as to what her friend might be hiding.

The girl soon began to look for someone. She searched all over the castle as she found Cadance who was still in the castle looking over the menu for the banquet being held in the castle tomorrow.

"Uh, mistress Cadance, do you know anything about Princess Twilight's big secret?"

"That Gustave, did he tell you?!!" stated Cadance as her back was turned to the girl while putting her hands on her hips.

"Tell me what?" asked the handmaiden.

"Nothing," said Cadance as she realized the situation and chose not to speak anymore.

At that moment, Velvet entered through the same doorway as Moondancer did a quick bow to show her respect and loyalty to the ruler. The Queen smiled as she made her way to Cadance. She was holding some pieces of clothing in her hand as she was hoping to get a second opinion from the girl who was dating her oldest son.

"Cadance, I need some help. Which dress do you think will complement the earrings I have that I wore when I went on my first date with Night Light. The left one or the right one?" asked the Queen to the girl.

"Pardon me, your majesty," asked Moondancer.

"Oh, Moondancer, seeing as how you're my daughter's lady in waiting? Tell me, which one would Twilight like best?" asked the girl holding up the different outfits.

"If I may, your highness. Why are you so fixated on picking the right dress? Is it for the festival tomorrow?" asked the girl.

"Oh, no. This isn't for the festival. I've already picked out what I'm going to wear. This is for the wedding."

"Wedding? What wedding? Are you talking about the one that Twilight has to do when she turns 18? So, she's found someone who she loves?" asked the girl as she was now wanting to know who her friend was going to be betrothed to.

"Yes, her and her partner, Storm."

"Princess Twilight and Jedi Knight Storm?!!!" shouted Moondancer as her voice echoed around the kitchen.

"Yes, they're courting. But you have to keep it a secret for now," said Cadance.

"But... him?" said Moondancer. "No offense, but the way he gets on her nerves. It doesn't seem possible for her to have feelings for the boy if he's constantly annoying her. Not to mention, he's pretty dedicated to their Jedi Code. He's shown that. I don't believe this." said the girl as she left the kitchen in disbelief.

The girl was now starting to search for her friend as she wanted to see and hear it from the horse's mouth. She didn't have to look far as there in the courtyard, Twilight was still training for her match as the girl kept twirling her lightsaber and doing more acrobatic spins and flips while targeting the dummy. The lavender girl spun having done two full rotations of her body, and then came down as she slashed her blade, which chopped the head off the dummy clean.

Twilight was panting as she was a bit exhausted from the training regiment she just did.

"Don't tell you're getting winded already, Sparky? Did the dummy beat the star student?" taunted Storm as he made his presence known as the girl looked at the boy. "I can only imagine how much out of breath you're gonna be after I have my way with you."

"Please, you having your way with me. As if I'd let you near me. And there's only one dummy in this yard, and he never beats me!" stated the princess as she turned on her blade and took a stance.

Storm did the same as he prepared to throw down with his partner as the constant bickering and arguing were once again on display between the two friends. They took a step forward when they heard a voice.

"Save your fighting for the match, tomorrow!" said Night Light as he was on the balcony of his bedroom looking down at the two teens. "Until then, I expect you both to be courtly and civil. Understood?"

"Yes, dad."

Storm looked at the girl as he extended his hand out and gave some final words to his partner and opponent.

"Noble Twilight, may I convey my best wishes to you for tomorrow's match."

"Gentle Storm, I am touched by your kind words."

Twilight walked and put her hand in the palm of her partner as they held a fake smile. From afar, Moondancer had been watching the interaction between her mistress and the Jedi who had been appointed as her knight/bodyguard. She didn't believe what the Queen and Cadance were saying, but now seeing it with her own eyes, she seemed to believe them.

"Lucky to have such a worthy colleague," said Storm as he now changed the tone of his voice to a competitive one as he tighten the grip of his hand around Twilight.

"No, the good fortune is all mine," said Twilight doing the same as she applied pressure to the grip as if not letting her partner see she was backing down.

"Hey, Moondancer. What are you looking at?" asked the blacksmith named Shenran as he saw his friend.

"Nothing, Shenran. Everything is... fine," said the lady in waiting as she left the teen blacksmith and began walking away. She had a very small smile on her face as the boy scratched his head.


Twilight was in the library with Spike as the girl was organizing some books as the little brother held a stack. The small prince was humming a small tune as the princess noticed this while climbing up a ladder to put a book away.

"You seem to be in better spirits, Spike."

"Yeah, a secret will do that to you," said the small boy with a smug grin.

"You? You have a secret?" said Twilight raising her eyebrow.

"Oh, yes. Yes, indeed. In fact, I have a great many secrets, sis. A lifetime of secrets of astonishing secrets. Secrets which I would love to share with my big sister. It is what siblings do."

"Spike, I've told you! I have no secret!"

"Well, neither do I."

"No shot. And as for a lifetime of secrets, you're only six years old," pointed out the princess to her brother as she grabbed another book off the stack he was holding and climbed the ladder.

While the siblings were talking in the library, there was another small meeting being held at the table outside of the kitchen for a small lunch. Present was Cadance, Gustave, Moondancer, and Shenran as the blacksmith was listening to the lady who had interrupted the small meal break for the castle staff.

"But they bicker all the time," said Shenran as he noticed that when Storm arrived with Twilight, he could see that the two got on each other's nerves. Granted he took the time to get to know the Jedi Knight as the two became fast bros.

"Shenran, in affairs of the heart, when two people argue it means they have strong feelings for each other," said Cadance as she pointed out her reasoning.

"What does it mean if two people never argue at all?" asked Gustave.

"Even better," giggled Cadance.

"Good afternoon, everyone," said Storm as he was walking toward them.

"Really? And why is it so good?" smirked Cadance looking at the Jedi Knight.

"Something in the air, perhaps," replied Shenran as everybody let out a small chuckle at the hidden meaning behind that statement.

"No, something in the arena, Shenran. I've got a big match with Princess Twilight tomorrow. And in front of her parents, no less.

"Ooh!!" said all of them with intrigue in their tone. They soon giggled a bit as Storm was all sorts of confused.

"Okay, what the hell is going on here?" asked the Jedi.

"Jedi Storm, I think it's best we have a chat. Person to person," said Moondancer as she pulled aside the teen boy so that she could privately speak with him.

"Alright, what's happening?" asked the boy.

"I will admit, I was skeptical of Twilight ever potentially seeing you as a possible candidate."

"Possible candidate? What are you talking about?" The Jedi then looked back at the others at the table as they all turned away.

Moondancer also looked at it seemed she was going to have to do it herself.

"In no uncertain terms, if you're going to court our fair young maiden, Princess Twilight. Then as her lady in waiting, it is my duty to make sure that you treat her with such respect and dignity. Do I have your word as a Knight and a Jedi?" asked Moondancer.

Storm couldn't hold it in as he broke out in laughter. He was laughing his ass off as he had to bend over all the while trying to breathe.

"Look, Moondancer. If you're trying to be a replacement for the court jester. You need better material. It needs work, trust me. Still A for effort." joked Storm. He put his hand on the girl's shoulder as her expression remained stoic as she removed his hand off of her.

"Are you shitting me?" said the boy.

"Do not play the innocent with me. Princess Twilight likes you, as hard as that may be to believe, especially to everybody, but if you hurt her feelings. You have me to answer to." said Moondancer putting the spoon she was using to eat her soup on the boy's hoodie.

Storm didn't seem threatened as he waved his fingers to move the spoon off of his chest as Moondancer now realized she forgot an important fact about the boy.

"Oh, right. Jedi." said the girl embarrassed as she realized that the threat she was making wasn't that scary given that the boy had superpowers. She soon left as that left the boy to ponder what he heard.

Does Sparky like me? That shit can't be true.


In the castle, Fleur had entered the guest bedroom as she was preparing to clean it. She closed the door and was unaware that Storm was inside, it didn't seem he knew she had entered as he was currently sitting at the table as he had a book in front of him. For the Jedi Knight, ever since hearing what Moondancer had told him about his partner, the boy was trying to wrap his head around the news. He grabbed a book from the castle library as he hoped he could find the answer, which didn't seem to be going well.

"Aren't these things supposed to tell you the answer to everything?!" demanded Storm as the book wasn't telling him what he wanted.

"Not really," said Fleur as she made her presence.

"Wah!" shouted Storm as he fell out of his chair. He looked up as the maid was bent over him as she smiled at the Jedi. "Don't do that shit!"

"Sorry, I didn't expect you to be in here during my scheduled cleaning. Now, mind telling me why you're looking in a book for an answer."

"Well, wait a minute, you're a girl. So maybe I should just ask you?"

"Is that supposed to be offensive?" said Fleur with a raised eyebrow.

"Look, maybe you can help me. I... got this friend who recently contacted me about a personal issue."

"What kind of issue?"

"One... that... involves a girl."

"Go on," smirked Fleur.

Storm then began to explain to the maid the problem while also not letting her know it was actually his dilemma.

"And so my friend was wondering how to deal with this romance."

"First lesson in romance, learn from your mistakes," stated the maid girl.

"So what should I... I mean, he do," said Storm as he quickly corrected himself. "My friend is pretty sure the girl likes him more than he likes her."

"Tell your friend, that ladies are a complete mystery and to leave well enough alone," stated Fleur as she finished her jobs and left the room.

While this was going on, Moondancer was on one of the castle walls as she was doing some wind experiments. At that moment, Spike had climbed the stairs to where the girl was.

"So, Moondancer, I was wondering? This secret of Twilight's, how do we dig it out of her?"

"Spike, how can you be so thick?" asked the girl to the small prince as she stopped her experiments.

"Easy, three square meals a day," stated the Prince rubbing his tummy.

"Everyone in the castle knows the secret. Twilight... likes Storm," said the girl.

"She does?" said the prince with a raised eyebrow. "You mean like, blueberries?"

"No, Spike. Do I have to explain the notion of romance to you?"

"Uh, yes," said the prince as he was still a little kid.

"I forgot you're still a kid," mumbled Moondancer to herself before taking a deep breath. "Your sister doesn't just like Storm. She like, likes him."

"Ah,... no, sorry. I still don't get it."

"How do I explain this to 6 year old?" said Moondancer. "Uhm, okay. Twilight is like your mother, and Storm is like your father. They love each other and so if they love each other, then they want to be together and then, you know... share a kiss."

"Oh, like like," said the kid as he understood to a certain degree what Moondancer was trying to tell him.

Speaking of the two teens, they were currently doing one last training exercise as they were seeing how close they could get the object to the target. Twilight had used the Force to push the disc as it landed but five meters from the bullseyes.

"Not a bad shot, Twilight. Very respectable," said Storm as the tone in his voice was not normal. Almost like he was trying to be nice, for the sake of what he heard about the girl.

"Perhaps your breath drove the disc off its course," remarked Twilight with a scowl.

"And your spirit, very chipper. As feisty as your dad's horse," stated Storm.

"Was that supposed to be an insult?" asked the girl with a raised eyebrow.

"Insult? No, I... was just trying to um... your hair."

"What about it?" asked the Princess in a loud tone.

"It is... less... unruly than usual," said Storm.

"Oh," said Twilight as she was now starting to act awkward like her partner was. "Um, thank you," said the girl rubbing her neck.

"Did you do something different with it?" asked the boy.

"Well... I... washed it," replied the girl with an awkward tone.

"I... see..." said the boy as he now grabbed his disc and threw it with little effort put forth as it landed only one inch closer than Twilights.

"A... pretty good shot, Storm. Must be a draft today," chuckled the girl nervously as she could sense that her partner missed on purpose.

From afar, Cadance, Shenran, and Gustave were seeing this as the girl couldn't help but giggle at how the two teens were acting.

"Storm may have gone wide. But I think Cupid hit the bull-eyes," giggled Cadance.

"Um, good luck in tomorrow's duel," stated Storm as he quickly left to avoid any more of this awkward situation between the two.

"You.. too," said Twilight as she watched her partner leave as she too felt awkward at what occurred between the pair.

"Hey, sis. I know your secret."

"Not now, Spike!" stated the girl as her brother made his presence known.

"You and Storm are sweethearts," smiled the boy at his sister.

"WHAT!!!!!" shouted Twilight as her voice could be heard that the townspeople looked out of their windows to see what made that noise.

"Have you gone daft?! Sweethearts?! He's my partner! Besides, I have a duty to uphold, and it doesn't involve him! Not to mention, Jedi can't fall in love!" stated the girl.

"But you can," said Spike.

"Little brother, I am telling you. I have no romantic feelings for Storm, whatsoever!!!" At that moment, the princess heard some giggling as she looked behind her and saw Cadance covering her mouth.

"Cadance! You know how I feel about Storm," said the girl hoping her former babysitter could clear the air.

"Of course, I do, Twilight."

"Good, so tell them," asked the girl.

"Sometimes a girl can have feelings for a boy and not quite understand them herself," said Cadance to the others.

"NO!!!! No, I understand my feelings perfectly!!" yelled Twilight in annoyance. "And I can't stand Storm."

"Which means she really likes him," whisper Gustave to Cadance.

"Gustave!!!" yelled the princess as she could hear that and was this close to using the Force on him. The girl let out a grunt as she stomped away with a pouting face as she wanted to be alone.


The next morning arrived. And it was the day. The day of the duel between Twilight and Storm. Up to this point, both were eager to fight, yet the little rumor that had spread among the few castle staff had completely taken both Jedi Knights off their game. Instead of thinking of a plan to win, all that weight on their mind was about the other potentially having feelings for the other. And with the distraction affecting their psyche, it meant that both weren't fully prepared to battle.

The pair met in the courtyard as they awaited. Standing off to the side, preparing to watch this was Velvet, Spike, Cadance, Moondancer, and the other small castle staff. Both teens stood side by side, trying to not look at the other which was hard. At that moment, Night Light came into the courtyard as he was flanked by two guards. He now stood in front of her daughter and her friend as he addressed them.

"It is time. Time to see what the Jedi are truly all about. To see what you have learned from your masters and to see what action you engage in during the front lines of the war you both fight. And for my daughter, this is a chance for us to see how far you've grown since you left at a young age." stated Night Light to the pair. "The rules are simple, wear down your opponent to where they submit. You are only allowed to use your lightsaber, any Force powers, as well as any hand-to-hand combat. May the better Jedi win. On guard!!"

Both teens took their stance as they stood a few feet apart. Both held their lightsabers out as they had a serious look on their faces. They began to move clockwise as they waited to see what move the other would make. Storm soon found his back turned towards the rest of his partner's family and the small staff from yesterday as he sighed and put his blade down. Twilight saw this as she lowered her blade.

"What's wrong?" asked the princess.

"I... I..." said the boy looking over his shoulder as he saw the group behind him. "I... can't... hit someone so considerate and fair."

"Storm, this is not the place," said Twilight as she was turning red from what he was insinuating. "Now come, try to hit me." encouraged the girl to her partner.

"I'm sorry," said the boy as he turned off his blade and put his head down.

"Storm... if... that is how you feel, then I can't strike you either cause you're so... nice," said the girl as she retracted her blade.

"What is going on here!!!!" shouted Night Light.

"If I may, your highness," said Cadance as she spoke. "I think perhaps... romance might have blunted their weapons."

"WHAT!!!! These two!!!!" yelled Night Light as he looked at the pair.

Safe to say, he was unhappy given what he warned Storm about distracting his daughter from her duty. The king was trying his hardest not to put his hands on the teen and strangle him.

"ALRIGHT, THAT'S IT!!!!" yelled Twilight at the top of her lungs that which created a wind that blew in the face of her family. "No, I'm not getting married!!!"

"Look, Storm, I'm sorry if this hurts you. But I don't share the same romantic feelings that you have for me," said the girl.

"Hold on!!!" shouted the boy. "That I have for you?!!! I thought you like me, Sparky."

"What?!! I thought you were the one!!" replied Twilight.

Pretty soon, both Jedi Knights began to burst out in laughter. They were laughing their ass off at how ridiculous this whole thing was that they blew it way out of proportion. Night Light now let out a sigh, and a quiet "thank you" as he was glad that Twilight was still on par to fulfill her duty. That didn't go unnoticed by Velvet, she had a scowl when she quietly heard her husband say that phrase as if Twilight would doom them all if she didn't fulfill the promise she made when she was young.

"But you said I was nice," asked Storm.

"Cause you said I was wonderful," replied Twilight.

"I only said that stuff because your stupid, annoying little brother over there doesn't know when to keep his damn nose out of people's business!!" said Storm as he pointed at the small kid. "I can barely stand you being a nerd and geeking out over books, Sparky!!!"

"Hey!!!" shouted Spike.

"Spike!!! I told you, stay out of my business. Besides, I'll teach him a lesson myself." taunted Twilight as she was back to normal and looking to kick Storm's ass.

"I'll like to see you try, princess!" countered Storm as he immediately turned on his blade and began to fight.

It was now on, as both Jedi Knight began to duel. They were no longer holding back as they clashed blades as the two held a scowl. They tried a quick test of strength as Twilight could feel her feet dragging along the floor. Storm pushed her away as she stopped and immediately leaped forward as the boy flipped over her. Both stopped and turned as they threw their lightsabers as they bumped and returned to their hands.

Both then met in the middle as they began to attack in place as they spun out of strikes from the other while blocking. Twilight went for a lunge to which Storm sidestepped as Twilight quickly turned her body as she did a small jump to which Storm had leaned back to avoid getting hit. Even then, he popped back up as Twilight was doing a flurry of swing and overhead blade attacks as the boy was being pushed back. The boy backed into some columns as Twilight did a downward attack to which the boy grabbed a hold of the pillar and used the Force to swing around and kick the girl away.

Storm then used the Force to grab some nearby obstacles set up for them to use as he began to toss them at Twilight. The girl kept her calm expression as she headed towards the objects. Soon everything moved in slow motion. The princess retracted her blade as she began to execute her plan. The first object came as she did a cartwheel to hop over the thing. She landed then immediately rolled to the side to avoid another object. She ran and then put her hand on the ground as she leaped into the air and tucked in doing two full rotations as she landed. The last object was mere seconds from her face when she landed as it was cut in milliseconds by the girl who held a dominant pose as time resumed back to normal.

Twilight smiled lifting her head to look at the boy. Storm then lunged forward with speed as she collided with his partner when they met, a giant wind was created as a result of the collision. All the servants and Twilight's family felt it as it made them move a few feet back. Spike almost went flying away as Velvet grabbed her son's shirt and pulled him into her arms as she held her child. She put him down as standing in the middle, Twilight and Storm grunted and snarled as they were engaged in another test of strength.

They pushed back and did a Force push with their hands at once as they were thrown back. The princess used the momentum to twirl and position herself so that she could land and do a standing backflip. Storm was sent flying into some nearby barrels as he put his hand out to make the barrels roll forward. They were under him as he now pulled them towards him as he shifted in mid-air and began to air step on them until he touched the ground as they landed in a stack behind him.

Both jumped forward and did some more crazy flips as they met once more in the middle. The two Jedi Knights now began to transition their blades between their hands as they stayed in place. They were feeling the Force flow through them as they tried to find a weak point. They stopped as they thought of the same thing as they had their blades projected to their sides. Twilight acted quickly to do a low sweep that caused the boy to fumble. With that small window, she lunged forward with her lightsaber downwards. The boy recovered from his tumble as he blocked the weapon to the side and used his legs to sweep Twilight. He did a kip-up as she spun on her hands and twisted as the girl got to her feet.

Twilight went for a lunge as Storm moved to the side and grabbed her wrist with his. The two had their hands above their heads as they struggled once more. Twilight managed to kick Storm in the face as he dropped his weapon as her blade was also knocked out of her hand. She did a roundhouse kick to which Storm caught it, and her foot rested on his shoulder. He moved it to his other side as he grabbed her and flipped her so that she could be launched into the air to which Twilight recovered by doing a backflip to land safely.

Storm wasted no time in grabbing the princess' arm to do a quick arm drag as he rolled on top of the girl while he had her in a waist lock on the ground. Twilight got to her knees as Storm was positioned behind her as she got to her feet. She reached down and grabbed Storm's leg. That allowed her to roll through as the boy was on the ground. She began to yank on the boy's foot in an ankle lock; Storm was able to counter by grabbing her leg and reversing their position. He now had her in a lock as Twilight countered by using her other leg to push him back as it broke the hold.

Twilight then rushed to deliver a punch as Storm moved his head out of the way as he went for another waist lock. He then lifted the girl to slam her to the ground as Twilight wiggled free and then had him in her own waist lock. She tried to do the same, but when they tumbled to the floor, the boy was able to use the momentum to transition out of it as he got Twilight in a seated armbar hold.

The girl was able to twist out so that she could do a quick arm drag as Storm rolled onto his hands and knees. She then went for a kick as Storm quickly laid down to avoid it as he then tried to sweep the girl with his hand as Twilight jumped to avoid it. She landed as Storm got to one knee as she went for a quick PK(penalty kick) to which he ducked as she spun with speed. She spun as when she came back around, both did a quick fake-out as they stood there.

Both breathed heavily as they looked at each other's eyes. The teens stared as they heard a sound. This whole time, everybody had been seeing the Jedi go at it, and... they were putting on a show.

"That was awesome!" shouted Spike as he began to clap fastly. He was amazed by all the cool flips and moves that both teens did.

"That's my girl. Look at all that training you've done since you left," said Velvet as she was proud of how skillful her daughter was in combat.

Storm took that distraction of Twilight to do a low superkick to her leg as she fell to her knees. Then in a second, the teen did a hard knee strike right to his partner's face as the sound echoed for all to hear.

GASP

A huge gasp was heard as they saw what Storm did. Twilight felt the impact of her partner's knee as she fell to the floor. Night Light was concerned for his daughter as she took a pretty brutal strike and couldn't protect her face. The girl was getting to her knees as she put her hand to her face and felt the spot where she got hit.

"Did you just knee a princess in the face?!!!" shouted Twilight in disbelief.

"Yes, and I'll do it again. I'm equal opportunity," replied Storm as he held his stance.

"Alright then, bitch," mumbled Twilight to herself as that was one of the rare times she used profanity.

She then got up as Storm went for some punches to which Twilight dodged and then grabbed his wrist. She then did some knee strikes to his leg as Storm buckled. She then did a jumping knee strike which hit the boy dead-on as he went down like a ton of bricks. Twilight held her stance with her fists closed and out. Storm was lying on his back as he grabbed his mouth and rubbed it. He looked at the princess as she didn't seem to show mercy for what she did.

"You gonna cry," taunted Twilight using the one comment that was personal to Storm's life.

"Alright, Princess. Time to make you my bitch," stated Storm so that only she could hear that.

Both reached out for their weapon as they came into their hands and found their second wind. Soon Storm made a move as Twilight initiated the proper counterattack as both of their blades clashed. Storm then pushed away from the blade for a bit and spun around to kick the girl in the midsection but Twilight saw it coming as when her blade was pushed back, she recovered immediately and jumped up to avoid the kick. She landed with the boy charging forward and began to move his blade from the left to the right, hitting several side attacks, but Twilight kept her balance and calmed her mind as she countered every swing of the boy's blade and then leaped over him to get away. Storm then turned around and tried some low and high attacks as Twilight blocked each one with ease.

Twilight then saw her opening as she collided her blade with Storm's and then moved theirs in a circle. When she completed the full rotation she flicked the weapon up and then kicked the boy in his chest as Storm was pushed back with his feet dragging. Twilight then closed in the distance as she was now on the offensive, and it was Storm who had to switch positions. Twilight jumped and did a downward slash as Storm blocked it. Twilight landed and then spun in the air for several rotations as her blade kept hitting Storm's pushing him back. She then threw her blade at the boy as he blocked it only for it to return to her hand in a second as she now hammered the boy with shots.

While Twilight kept hammering him, he took the few seconds he had before her next attack hit to leap into the air. Twilight saw this and too jumped as she raised her blade at Storm who was upside and blocked her blade with his. The two held their position for a few seconds before falling onto the ground. Both leaped up and met in the air once more as their faces were close to one another. They landed and Storm swept Twilight from under as she fell and the boy jumped on her as she countered by wrapping her legs around his neck and then switched them over as she prepared to punch the boy. Storm moved his head and caught her arm with his and the two rolled around in the ground trying to be on top. Storm got off to avoid Twilight kicking him off. He landed and then pushed forward as he tackled Twilight who just got back up and was now on the ground. Her weapon was just out of reach as she was pinned down by her shoulders.

This time, Twilight got her legs to wrap around the boy's waist so that she could flip them over as she was on top and the boy was on the bottom. She crawled towards her blade as she was yanked by the boy who had a hold of her foot. The princess turned around to lay on her back as she used her foot to pull Storm in and then push back as the boy let go. She reached out as her blade came back to her hand and swung around at that moment. The boy was this close to being hit as he leaped over the purple lightsaber and rolled through and put his hand out. His lightsaber rushed into his hand as the moment he caught it, he quickly shifted his upper body to block Twilight's overhead attack as he had his blade positioned horizontally.

Once more, everybody was in awe at how skillful the two Jedi Knights were.

"Twilight... she's good," said Moondancer watching her friend in action.

"Not just her, Storm is as well," said Cadance as she couldn't believe her eyes.

All the while, Night Light had been watching the fight between the two. He was thoroughly impressed with how much his daughter had learned since leaving so very young. To go and train under one of the best Jedi Masters, and the results showed just how hard she had worked. Of course, he also had to give props to Storm as well as the boy truly was every bit he said he was. Still, to see his daughter and how much of a fighter she was. It made him proud of his child.

Storm and Twilight were so engaged as they pushed themselves to keep fighting. So back and forth, with no rest in between as they were showing all the servants in the castle and the princess' family just what it meant to be a Jedi.


The sun had gone down hours ago. At the small table outside of the kitchen laid Twilight as her arms were spread out and her head was planted on the wooden structure.

"I am so tired," groaned the girl.

"The price of a well-fought match," replied Storm as he sat at the other end of the table. "Which is why your father had to call the duel."

"I would have fought you in the dark," replied the girl.

"We did, Sparky. But we couldn't land a blow in the last five minutes due to limited vision," explained Storm as that was the reason Twilight's father stopped their duel and declared it a draw.

"Oh, right," said Twilight as she was so exhausted that she couldn't think straight. "Not to mention, my face also hurts."

"Again, sorry for hitting you there. But, at least I get to look at your pretty face without any scratches," said Storm as Twilight had to blink twice at what she heard.

"What did you just say?"

"Sorry for hitting you."

"No, after that."

"That you have a pretty face?"

"Nevermind," replied Twilight with a giggle as she winked at her partner.

"Twilight, did you just wink?" asked Spike as he came to find her older sister so that she could read him a bedtime story. "Cadance, what does a wink mean?" asked the small prince as the girl came from the kitchen to give the two teens their meals for running out of energy.

"Does it mean, that Twilight likes him? Or does she like, like him?" asked the boy trying to figure out the action between the pair.

"Honestly, the way some people spread rumors," said Cadance.

Both Storm and Twilight looked at each other as they held a smile. Both then looked away as they put their hand to their chin as Cadance was now looking at the pair and how they did the same action. The older girl was now fully confused as her special talent was useless as she couldn't tell what the two teens were thinking, except for them.

PreviousChapters Next