• Published 20th Nov 2021
  • 2,450 Views, 857 Comments

Star Wars: The Great War - ShootingStar25



You've heard it time and time again. The Force surrounds us and binds the galaxy together. Well, that hits both hard and true. The time for survival is now and may the Force guide us to a better tomorrow.

  • ...
1
 857
 2,450

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 21: Bombad Jedi

Heroes are made by the times.

Recap: The Clone War threatens the unity of the Republic. As battles rage across the galaxy, more worlds succumb to the seductive lure of the Separatists and leave the Republic. On a vital mission of peace, Senator Padme Amidala journeys to the Outer Rim world of Rodia, desperate to ensure its loyalty remains to the Republic.

In space, a Naboo ship was seen. It was currently entering the planet Rodia's atmosphere. While it may have been a simple negotiation mission, Padme wasn't alone. It seems she was able to drag Rarity along to go with her. After the Malevolence incident, Padme told the girl who was sick at the time about her adventure. While she was thankful to have been ill during that dreadful encounter. She was angry that she had a chance to meet Storm and was now kicking herself as she could now picture herself being rescued by the boy. Which would lead to him finally falling for her, then she would confess her feelings and finally prove to Padme that she wasn't a girl with high standards.

Anyways... the pair were now on a mission. Padme assured Rarity that this was to be a peaceful mission so they shouldn't expect any signs of danger. Seems that was enough to convince the fashionista to accompany her friend. That and because Padme literally dragged Rarity with her when she was leaving, saying she had no choice as the girl was kicking and screaming as they left Coruscant.

The best part was that she wasn't the only one going as she took 3PO like always so at least she had someone to talk to. But it seems Jar Jar and Pinkie would be coming for this mission. The girls knew each other when Padme introduced her to Jar Jar, years ago. It was there she got to know the Gungan's best friend and the only one who could keep up with his zaniness. All five of them were on the ship as they were being contacted by the Chancellor.

"Senator Amidala, I just received word that you have ventured through enemy territory into the Outer Rim."

"Senator Farr requested me personally, Chancellor," said Padme. "His planet is in crisis. His people are starving. He's a very old family friend. I could not refuse his plea for help."

"I understand, but in these dangerous times, you should be accompanied by a clone escort." said the Chancellor.

"I have Rarity," said Padme.

"What?!!!" shouted the fashionista, "I'm not one for violence."

"That didn't stop when you held a blaster when we were capturing Ziro," stated Padme with a smug smile.

"Besides, this is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them," said Padme to the Chancellor.

"Yousa no needin' to worry, Chancellor," said Jar Jar as he got up from his seat, "As resempative of Naboo--" When Jar Jar stood up, he accidentally spun 3PO's chair around as he didn't see the droid's leg about to sweep him.

"Jar, Jar, darling, look out!" shouted Rarity as she managed to catch it in time.

The Gungan didn't as he now fell forward as he accidentally pressed the button as the ship was now accelerating towards the planet. Padme noticed this and immediately got to work on returning them to their regular speed as he pulled up. While she was pulling up, Jar Jar felt it as he was now sliding into 3PO who was still sitting.

"Yippee, doggy pile!" Pinkie as she now jumped on top of Jar Jar as he was falling, and the two collapsed on the yellow droid.

"PADME!!!!" shouted Rarity as she was holding one for dear life. Her hair was fluttering due to the speed they were going at.

The Senator now managed to decelerate the engines as the ship slowed down.

"What is happening?" said 3PO as he was lying on the ground.

"May I recommend that only those who are qualified for these delicate peace talks participate in them?" asked the Chancellor as he managed to see the whole thing that just happened on the ship.

Padme now looked as she was seeing Pinkie smiling as she sat next to Jar Jar who was still on top of 3PO. She then looked at Rarity as the girl was too busy crying over her now ruined hair that she was frantically trying to put it back to her natural curl.

"I will follow your advice, Chancellor. Thank you," said Padme as that was one statement she agreed on.

It wasn't long before the ship entered the planet's atmosphere. From there, they were now flying towards a city that was inside of some dome cover. They approached the entrance part of the dome as it slid out like doors and allowed the ship to land in its docking area.

"Lookie, lookie, it's a swamp planet just like home," said Jar Jar as he noticed their surroundings when they landed, "Messa have to get going."

"Count me in!!" said Pinkie waving her arm frantically about as she bounced up and down in place.

"Jar, Jar you and Pinkie would be doing me a great favor by staying on the ship," said Padme as she didn't want them to ruin this talk.

"Meesa knowing messa be big help with the negotiations," said the Gungan.

"I need you two to watch over 3PO. You know how he always gets himself in trouble," said Padme coming up with a little white lie.

"Trouble, me? Really?" said the droid as he didn't know that.

"Me and Rarity won't be long," said Padme putting her hand under the Gungan's mouth.

"ME?!!!" said Rarity as she was shocked. "Take Pinkie with you, I'm staying here where it's safe, Padme!"

"You're coming with me, whether you like it or not. Besides, I don't mind dragging you again."

"I had no say in the matter, Padme," said Rarity as she argued with her friend. "Besides, I'm not moving from this chair!" said the girl crossing her arms.

"I got this Senator," said Pinkie as she now grabbed Rarity's chair and loaded her into the party cannon she pulled out of her hair.

"PINKIE!!" shouted the girl as she was stuffed into the thing, as her voice was now muffled.

"And boom goes the dynamite," said Pinkie as she pulled the string at the end of the cannon, and she shot her friend out of the cannon. Thankfully, the doors to the ship had been open as the girl was now sent flying out of the ship and offscreen where she crashed as cat and dog sounds were heard.

"A little overboard, but effective," smiled Padme as she gave a thumbs up at the party girl for getting Rarity off her ass.

She now descended the ramp as she had her blaster tucked to her side. Rarity was on the ground as she pulled her face off the ground in a cartoonish effect as she let out a cough as a few feathers came out of her mouth.

"Pinkie Pie!!" said the fashionista as she was going to have some very choice words for her.

"His Excellency, Ah-Twa," said the person who came to escort the Senator.

"Rarity, stop playing in the dirt. Come on," smiled Padme smugly as the fashionista now got up and dusted herself. She posed for a minute as her hair now was ruined. The girl cried her tears out as mascara ran down her eyes as she tried to fix it before they met with the Senator.


The two girls were led through the hangar doors and soon saw Senator Farr as he was standing there with his arms behind his back. Rarity had managed to get the last bit of loose ends back in place as they approached the Senator.

"H'chu apenkee, o'diogran, Tor-sene-ko Farr," spoke Padme.

"Chowbaso," said the Senator as he hugged his old friend. He then saw Rarity standing next to her. "Who is she?"

"Rarity is a friend, and more importantly, my personal fashion designer. I saw her works when I attended a fashion show and asked her if she would like a job," said Padme.

"It is an honor to meet a friend of Padme's. Welcome," said Senator Farr.

"Charmed, sir," said Rarity as she shook his hand.

"Oh, I've missed you so much," said Padme with a smile.

"I was afraid you might not come. We are such a small and humble system," said the Senator.

"Uncle Ono, you are very important to me," said Padme as they all began to walk, "We've been friends since I was a little girl when you were my father's strongest ally in the Senate. Rodia is very important to the Republic, and of course, I'd come to help you."

"You speak of friendship I have not witnessed of late," said Ono.

"Padme may get herself into sticky situations, but she does mean well. You never turn your back on your friends and family, especially when they need you the most," said Rarity with a smile.

"Then where was the Republic when our supply ships were destroyed by pirates? Where was the Republic as my people starved?" shouted Ono as it got the girls to make an uneasy face as they heard his suffering.

"You must understand, the Republic tries its best to help aid those in need," said Rarity, but he wasn't buying it.

"We have been stranded out here without any help at all. I know it's not your fault, but my people starve all the same," said the Senator looking at the two girls.

"I'm sure the Republic Senate will approve a relief effort. The vote was postponed, but you will get your food," said Padme.

"I am sorry. It is too late, my sweet. The Separatist leader Nute Gunray has promised to support us with a very generous relief effort. Nee-soo-bo-wah. He is giving us food, ships, and protection." said Ono.

"Nute Gunray cannot be trusted. He will bring war to your system just as he did to mine many years ago," said Padme as she reminded her uncle of the Invasion of Naboo.

"I am afraid I have already done what I must for my people," said Ono.

At that moment, the girls heard footsteps. All around, there were now droids surrounding the girls as they had their weapons pointed at them. The girls looked at Ono as he put his hand up as he held a transmitter. The image of Nute Gunray now appeared.

"Why?" said Rarity as she couldn't believe the betrayal from someone who was family to Padme.

"Viceroy. I should have known," said Padme.

"You won't get away this time, senator. Your friend made a deal with me, and you are a part of it," said Nute Gunray.

Padme and Rarity saw the droids getting closer with their weapons aimed. Padme then reached into her back pocket as she pulled out a communicator.

"3PO, come in, 3PO."

"Stop her!" shouted the Viceroy.

His droids then grabbed Padme's hand as her communicator was dropped. They then stopped on it and destroyed the device. Rarity was then grabbed by her shoulders as she struggled to break free.

"No can help you girls, now," said the Viceroy as the girls looked at Ono.

"I am so sorry, my sweet. I had no choice."

"There's always a choice!" responded Padme, "To live in fear is no life at all!"

"Take her away!" shouted the Viceroy.

"Please, Uncle Ono, don't do this!" said Padme as she was being led away as was Rarity.

"You have made a wise decision, senator. I will be there within the hour to bring food for your people and collect my prize."

Back at the ship, Pinkie, Jar Jar, and 3PO had decided to stretch their legs a bit. They were now standing by the ramp as they saw some local wildlife. Their response was mere fart noises directed at the trio.

"How rude! I'm afraid the local swamp life doesn't have a very high opinion of us," said the yellow droid.

"Whaten dey speaking?" asked Jar Jar.

"I couldn't repeat it," said 3PO as it was such vulgar language.

"I know what they're saying. They say that want to have a party," smiled Pinkie as her response was a long fart as the girl let out a gasp. "How dare you!!" shouted Pinkie as she seemed to be called a slang word by the creatures.

"Ah, these swamp dwellers just like meesa. I will convince them of our good fellowship," said Jar Jar as he now raced to meet them.

"Do be careful, Jar Jar. I don't think they're quite like your friends on Naboo," said 3PO.

"Watch out for the one with the twitching eye, he's a hater, I tell you!" shouted Pinkie as she gave a stink eye to the creature.

Jar Jar now raced to the edge of the platform as he heard the creatures make low guttural noises. He then responded by shouting some alien language from his homeworld. The creatures responded with another set of low guttural noises as they were now heading towards the Gungan.

"Meesa made contact!" said Jar Jar.

"Oh dear," said 3PO in a worried tone.

Jar Jar now began to speak some more alien language. Pinkie soon joined in on the dancing part as now both were trying to speak with the creatures. They responded with more low guttural noises as they soon threw some objects hoping to hit the two. Both of them ducked at the last second as it hit 3PO in the face and it cracked and splashed some liquid all over the droid.

"Oh! I don't think that requires translation," said 3PO.

"Mmm, fruity," said Pinkie as she used her finger to take a sample of the liquid and taste it.

Jar Jar then wiped the remaining juices from the droid's face.

"Thisen is a different swamp altogether. Sorry," said Jar Jar.

At that moment, all three looked behind them as at the far end of the platform, a door opened. Standing there were some B1 droids as they were now marching towards the trio.

"Oh, my stars. Battle droid!" said 3PO in fear.

"Weesa in trouble now," said Jar Jar.

"Stop where you are," shouted one of the droids.

"Everyone for themselves," said Pinkie as she did a quick "Meep Meep" sound and zoomed into the ship with Jar Jar following behind her.

Jar Jar pushed the button to close the ramp but looked back to see 3PO didn't get on board.

"Wait for me!" shouted the droid as he couldn't move as fast as his friends.

"Uh-oh," said Jar as he now raced out to grab the droid as the platform was rising.

Pinkie grabbed a hold of her friend's leg as the Gungan reached his hand out for 3PO to grab. The droid caught his hand as he was being lifted, but Jar Jar slipped pulling him and Pinkie off the ramp just moments before it sealed as they all fell on the floor.

"Jar Jar, you great webfoot, you're squashing my circuits," said the droid as he was on the bottom pile.

"Look out below!" shouted Pinkie as she bounced off the two and landed on her feet with an umbrella in hand as she floated down gently. "Knew that little trick from my friend would come in handy," said Pinkie folding the umbrella and putting it in her hair.

"Blast 'em!" said the droids as they began to fire.

Jar Jar and Pinkie then began to run.

"Wait, where are you two going?" asked 3PO.

Jar Jar and Pinkie were running as the Gungan had his foot caught in some cables as both dived behind a control terminal. The cable attach to the Gungan's foot now touched a lever as it turned on the magnet as it was about to fall on 3PO.

"Oh, no! I'll be crushed for sure," said the droid still on the ground.

"Hang on, Three-So!" shouted Jar Jar as Pinkie was trying to untie the cable around his foot.

"It's 3PO."

"Oops," said Pinkie as she made it worst as the cable moved the lever. But thankfully, it stopped just a few inches from him.

"That was close," said the droid. The cable around Jar Jar's foot now moved the lever again as this time it reversed the polarity and absorbed 3PO to the magnet. "What are you two doing? Get me down at once."

"Working on it!" said Pinkie as she now approached the panel and began to push all the buttons at once.

"Don't push all the buttons, Ms. Pie!" shouted 3PO as she then pulled both levers as the machine he was attached to now swung in the direction of the droids firing at them as they were taken out.

Padme and Rarity were being led to their cell by droids and Ono.

"It's not too late. Uncle Ono, you can stop this madness," pleaded Padme.

"Keep moving, prisoners." said a droid as they forced the girls to keep on walking as Ono had a face of dread with his head down.

In the hangar, the trio was catching their breath. The door now opened as in came a crab droid. 3PO saw this from high above as he was still stuck to the magnet.

"Oh, look out, Jar Jar, Pinkie!" shouted the droid to his friends. "A crab droid is headed right for you two."

"Headed for weesa?" said the Gungan as he finally got his foot released.

"Yes, yousa!" shouted 3PO.

The girl and the Gungan now ran as they hide behind some crates.

"No, Jar Jar, go to your left. Behind you. Pinkie to your right," said the droid giving orders as the two bumped into each other.

They now ran as the crab droid now positioned its front legs as it cut the duo from running. It tried to stab them as Jar Jar jumped over with Pinkie going under. Jar Jar landed on its head as it began to rock about as Pinkie was getting out of the way as she was still under it.

"Watch out!" shouted 3PO. "I can't bear to watch," said the droid even though he had no choice but to see.

The crab droid now was nearing the edge of the platform. Its back legs now slipped as it fell over the edge with Jar Jar still on top.

"Jar Jar!" shouted Pinkie and 3PO as they saw him go over. His scream soon faded.

"Oh, no. Jar Jar's been killed. I knew something like this would happen," said 3PO.

"You were the best friend I could ever ask for," cried Pinkie as she blew into her puffy hair. She then reached into it as she pulled out a cupcake and began to munch on it.

"What a horrible way to die, and it's all my fault," said 3PO.

"A moment of silence, everyone," said Pinkie.

She now reached into her hair and pulled out a flugelhorn. She then took a deep breath as she started to play "Taps" on it as if they were attending the Gungan's funeral. She finished her solo and put it back in her hair as she looked to the sky.

"May your soul rest in peace, old friend," said Pinkie. "3PO, any words?"

"He was so brave. Now he's gone forever," said the yellow droid.

Not a moment later, the Gungan was now seen pulling himself up from the ledge.

"Meesa OK."

"Jar Jar, you're alive," said 3PO as he was relieved.

"Meesa OK, 3-So. Meesa OK," said the Gungan.

"I knew you weren't dead," stated Pinkie as she bounced over to her friend and hugged him tightly. "The writers of the show wouldn't kill you off, since we have six more seasons left to cover." smiled the girl as neither understood what she meant.

"I hate to interrupt this touching moment, but if you're down messing around, I need help," said the droid as he was still stuck to the magnet.

Jar Jar then approached the terminal, and he pushed the button that turned the magnet off. 3PO was then dropped onto some crates.

"Ouch!" said the droid. "Jar, Jar, kindly don't do that," he said as he now sat up.

"But meesa save-ed you," said the Gungan as he leaned his arm on the terminal as it pushed the button.

The magnet now turned on as Pinkie accidentally touched the lever as the giant magnet was positioned above their hip. And in a second, it came crashing down on the vessel as it was destroyed as all of them had shocked looks.

"Well, that's the end of our ship. Typical," said 3PO as he was used to seeing it happen.


The girls had now reached their cell as Padme made no struggle as they chained her to the wall.

"Watch where your droid fingers are, my wrists are delicate!"

Rarity, on the other hand, was struggling at the droids that it took three of them to grab both of her arms as she was now pinned against the wall next to Padme. She did get a good kick on one of them as he was sent flying across the room. The fashionista then felt her arms being put above her as they restrained her.

"Are those chains necessary?" asked Ono as he saw they be put on the girl's wrists.

"Welcome to the Separatist way, senator," said Padme.

"Viceroy Gunray's orders," said the droid to the senator.

"I hope it's worth it to you," said Padme to her uncle as the door closed.

"Thisa one big mess. Weesa going nowhere," said Jar Jar as the trio was standing on the part of the lower part of the ship that wasn't totally crushed as they looked at the nose of the ship.

"Don't worry, I'll fix this... in a few hours," said Pinkie.

"A few hours?" said 3PO.

"Yup, all I need is some glue, 3 tons of tape, some cotton candy, glitter, apples... Ooh, and oranges. And grapes! And strawberries. [gasps] Strawberry cupcakes! I'm hungry." said the girl as she now licked her lips.

"Perhaps we should try to contact the clone troopers," suggested 3PO.

"Oh, lookie. Here's a button that still works," said Jar Jar as he pushed it without hesitation. He pushed the button as a closet opened up behind them.

"What did you break now?" said 3PO as they all made it to the closet.

"Meesa doing nothing," said Jar Jar.

"Those look like Jedi robes," said Pinkie as she grabbed the piece of cloth and looked at them.

"Whosa you supos'n this belong to?" asked Jar Jar.

"I wouldn't, um, know. But our only hope is to hide in this closet until Mistress Padme and Lady Rarity return."

"If those droids attackin' us, the girls are probably in danger," said Jar Jar.

"We have to go save the day," said Pinkie.

"My ladies gave us very specific instructions to remain here," said 3PO to the duo.

"Oh, fiddlesticks," said Jar Jar as he grabbed one of the robes from Pinkie, "We musta halfa try and savin' her."

"Jar Jar Binks, Ms. Pinkie Pie, have you both gone completely mad?" shouted 3PO. "You both will do more harm than good."

"Don't worry about it, I know all the secrets to being a Jedi. Know-how, cause I watched all nine movies, even all the spinoffs series, not to mention the ones on Disney+," said Pinkie to both her companion and the fourth wall with a wink. "By the way, did you know that in a few decades from now the most shocking moment in all of Star Wars will be revealed? Let me tell you all, it's when..."


Back in the prison cells, the senator was approached by one of his assistants.

"Viceroy Gunray, goo-bee un-un hah-tah," spoke the assistant.

"Good. I shall meet the viceroy when he lands. What about Senator Amidala's companions?" asked Ono.

"Saw-yed ree-wah, nahga-vee-to ko."

"If there are no signs of her friends, they must have fled into the jungle. Yes, this is perfect. I want no sign of trouble. Our people need those supplies." said Ono as he began to walk with his assistant.

"Wait. Meesa eyeball's stuck in the sleeve," said Jar Jar as Pinkie was yanking on the robe helping her pal to get into costume.

"Just look at you two!" said 3PO.

"Something's wrongo here. Pinkie pull!" said the Gungan as the girl was trying to help.

"The battle droids will surely capture you two, or worse, me," said 3PO.

"Not with thisa on. Theysa won't be recognizing us," said Jar Jar as he now had his robe on with Pinkie's help as they stood side by side wearing the piece of clothing.

"You can't be serious," said the droid.

"Come on, 3PO. Have faith in us, we can do it," smiled Pinkie. "Watch, I am... Pinkie Pie," said the girl now in a deep voice while breathing sounds were heard.

"I have a very bad feeling about this," said the droid.

All three then got off the ship as they headed through the door that Padme and Rarity left through earlier. At the same time, Viceroy Nute Gunray had now arrived with some ships. They entered through the sliding doors as Ono was waiting there for them. The ship's door opened as the Viceroy was being escorted by some droids.

"The citizens of Rodia welcome you, viceroy," said Ono.

"Where is Senator Amidala?"

"Awaiting your arrival, as promised."

"Excellent. I do not wish to keep her waiting. Shall we go?" said the viceroy.

"We are holding the senator and her friend in the detention tower," said Ono as he was leading them.

Nearby, 3PO, Pinkie, and Jar Jar were in the courtyard as they overheard the conversation happening.

"I hope it is not too painful for her," said Nute Gunray.

All three now looked up at the tower where the girls were being held.

"They're up there?" said Pinkie as she had to stand on some books she pulled out to get a good view.

"Weesa got to rescue them," said Jar Jar.

"And how precisely do you propose we do that?" asked 3PO to the two of them.

As they were talking, the viceroy and Ono were turning the corner to leave the courtyard. One of the B1 droids spotted the trio as he got the attention of everyone.

"Look, Jedi!" said the droid as he saw Pinkie and Jar Jar wearing the cloaks as the hood covered their face.

"We're doomed," said 3PO as he heard the final part of the duo's plan.

"Jedi?" said Nute Gunray in shock.

"Jedi? Where's a Jedi?" asked Jar Jar as he and Pinkie looked around.

"I do believe they mean you two," said 3PO.

"Weesa not a Jedi," said Jar Jar.

"What do mean? I can do this," said Pinkie as she pulled a unicycle off-screen. She got on and began to juggle on it while playing a harmonic. "Huh, can a Jedi do that?"

"As impressive as that is Ms. Pie, it's doesn't help us in our current predicament," said 3PO.

"Kill the Jedi!" shouted the viceroy.

"Don't shoot, we surrender. We surrender!" said 3PO putting his arms up.

"AH! Forget surrender, weesa run!" said Jar Jar as he and Pinkie now hauled ass.

The droids just passed 3PO as they were focused their attention on the two hooded figures. Pinkie and Jar Jar were now running as the Gungan fell which also caused the pink-hair girl to fall on top of him. The droids now caught up to them as they grabbed the cloaks and pulled them off. However, when they pulled them off, there was only a small plant there.

"Are they dead?" asked the viceroy.

"The Jedi got away," said the droids as they held the cloaks. "They slipped through this gate and went underwater."

"Sound the alarm. Find the Jedi!" shouted Nute Gunray.

"I can see you're busy, so I'll just be going now," said 3PO as he started to casually walk away.

"And take that Republic droid scum to the dismantling center," ordered the Separatist leader.

"Dismantling center?" said 3PO as he was now grabbed by his arms, "Oh, wait. Wait, I'm innocent. I'm innocent, I tell you."

As the yellow protocol droid was being taken away, from the water, both Pinkie and Jar Jar were seeing what was happening through the grate. Jar Jar had no problem breathing underwater given that he was from Naboo and where his home was located. As for Pinkie, when the two hit the water, she immediately reached into her hair and pulled out a snorkel to allow her to breathe. The pair was now starting to think about what to do, however, they were unaware of what they were standing on.

The pair now felt something below their feet as they looked down. To their surprise, they were standing on some kind of water creature as they were on its head. It wasn't happy as Jar Jar motioned for Pinkie to grab onto his back. The girl did that as the Gungan now began to swim fast with the aquatic creature chasing after them.

"Let's find that Jedi," said the commander droid to the others.

"Roger, roger."

"Roger, roger."

"Roger, roger."

Now all the droids began to split up as they began their hunt for the "Jedi".

"Take me to Senator Amidala at once!" ordered Nute Gunray.

They were now beginning to leave. There was a nearby hatch that was opened as both Pinkie and Jar Jar emerged. They then closed the small grate as they let out a sigh.

"There's a bad boogie monster down there, you betcha," said Jar Jar.

"I thought the musical number we did would work," said Pinkie as she shook her puffy hair as it was wet for a second before going back to its natural state. She then grabbed their robes and tossed Jar Jar, his.

"Don't be fearing, Padme and Rarity. Weesa coming," said Jar Jar.


The two were now making their way to the tower. Inside the detention tower, both Rarity and Padme were still trying to slip out of the chains. Outside of the cell, some droids had been given the announcement.

"Better watch out. There's Jedi on the loose," said a droid.

"Uh-oh," said the others.

The girls heard this information as it gave them hope.

"Did you hear that, Padme? Seems, 3PO was able to call for help," whispered the fashionista to her friend.

"I have an idea, play along," said Padme to her friend as she nodded. "You know, you will soon be destroyed. I can't tell you how many droids I've seen sliced in half by a lone Jedi." said the senator to the droids outside.

"Not to mention, that when my sweet Jedi comes to rescue me, he'll show no hesitation once he sees what you've done to his lady. I promise you, it won't be a pretty sight!" shouted Rarity as she was envisioning Storm coming to save her and sweeping her off her feet.

"Was that good enough?" whispered Rarity to Padme.

"Stellar performance as always," smiled the girl.

"Quiet, you two. All right, cut the chatter," said the droid as they weren't listening to the girls' bluff.

Padme then began to lift herself so that she could reach her legs. Turns out she had hidden a small pickpocket item as she grabbed it.

"I want you troops, to go outside and secure the perimeter," said the commander droid to the others.

"You made it! I'm rescued at last," said Padme as she roleplayed from inside. "Hurry, before the battle droids figure out what's happening." She gave a wink to Rarity.

"Oh, my handsome, Jedi. I knew you would come for your beloved! I knew you wouldn't leave your lady to be in trouble. What, oh my... this is... unexpected, but... OF COURSE, I'LL MARRY YOU!" shouted the girl. "We'll be wedded with a grand ceremony, we'll go to a private beach for our honeymoon. We'll build a house, have two kids, and at the end of our lives, I want you to whisper into my ear and say sweet nothings. And I'll respond with, I love you!" said the girl as she had her eyes in the shape of hearts as she was daydreaming about it.

"Okay, Rarity, too much," said Padme as she felt her friend went a little overboard with the acting. She then unhooked her chains.

"Quiet in there!" said the droid, especially to Rarity.

"Thank you. Let's get out of here, Master Jedi," said Padme.

"Kiss me, my prince," said Rarity.

"Jedi? Also, no kissing!" said the droid.

The door now opened to their cell. They now entered the cell as they found Padme was nowhere to be seen, but Rarity was still chained up.

"There's no Jedi in here. Where's your friend?" asked the droid as he pointed his weapon at the fashionista.

"A lady doesn't tattle," said Rarity. Padme was hiding behind the wall next to the door.

With Rarity distracting the droid, it allowed her the chance to launch a sneak attack. She used her leg to kick the weapon out of the robot's hand and then kicked the droid in the chest. She then grabbed its weapon and shot the other droid standing guard.

"Where's the alarm button? Oh!" said the droid at the table as he noticed at the last second Padme with the blaster as she shot him. She then shot the last guard droid.

"Nice shot, Padme. Now can you unlock these chains?" asked Rarity.

Padme then unlocked Rarity's binds as the girl rubbed her wrists. She then handed the fashionista one of the blasters from a defeated droid.

"You don't expect me to fire one of these, do you?" said Rarity as she held the weapon in her hands.

"The only way we're gonna get out of here is if we fight back, Rarity. So time for you to be a bit aggressive," said Padme.

"But Padme..."

"No, buts!" said the senator as she loaded and prepped the weapon for her friend.

Rarity was still uncomfortable about holding a blaster. Padme approached the table and pushed a button as the bridge extended for them to cross from the detention tower to the main building.

"Now come on! Just remember, point and shoot! Also, don't get shot," said Padme as she now began to run across the bridge.

"Pray that I live," said Rarity as she now chased after her friend with her weapon in hand.

"I am a protocol droid, fluent in over six million forms of--"

"Quiet." said the droids to 3PO as they walked.

As they were walking, Padme was right behind them. She then got a boost by hopping off a footing and shot the two droids in the head. 3PO turned around as he put his arms up.

"3PO!"

"Mistress Padme! Oh, thank the Maker you're safe," said the droid.

"Padme, am I gonna have to do all that?" asked Rarity as she decided to take a backseat as she watched Padme do all those crazy moves.

"Lady Rarity, thank heavens you're safe as well," said 3PO as he was pleased to his ladies were fine.

"Have you--?"

Padme put her hand over the droid's mouth. Some droids were now passing by the corridor as both girls and the droid were hiding near the sides of the passage to avoid any being seen until they passed by.

"Where's Jar Jar and Pinkie?" asked Padme.

"Well, I'm afraid they went to rescue you two," said 3PO.

"Hmm. Well, what about the Jedi?" asked Padme.

"There is no Jedi. It appears the battle droids have mistaken Jar Jar and Ms. Pie for one," answered the yellow droid.

"That's not good," said Rarity.

"Hang on, my lady," said Jar Jar as right now he and Pinkie were climbing the tower.

"This is our chance to capture the Viceroy Gunray, but I need you to stay calm."

"What are you planning, Padme?" asked Rarity.

"Go back to the ship and call for help."

"I regret the transmitters on the ship are out of order," answered the protocol droid.

"What?" said Rarity in shock.

"The ship has been destroyed," said the droid.

"Battle droids?" asked Padme.

"No."

"Jar Jar and Pinkie?" asked Rarity.

"Jar Jar and Pinkie."

"Sounds about right," said Padme as she took a deep breath, "Alright, then you and Rarity find a communications room and send out a distress signal. Hopefully, there are some clones ships within range. I'll track down Jar Jar and Pinkie."

"Be careful, Padme," said Rarity as the three now split up as the fashionista left with the droid as the senator went to find her friends.

Both Pinkie and Jar Jar were getting closer and closer to the top of the detention tower. On the bridge, was Viceroy Gunray as he headed towards the cell where he thought Padme was being held.

"Viceroy Gunray, when can we expect the supplies to arrive?" asked Ono. "My people are starving."

"They haven't arrived yet. I'm sorry. Your request will be taken into consideration after Senator Amidala's execution," said the Viceroy.

"Execution? You can't!" said Ono. "She's a prisoner of war. We were promised."

"You are under my protection now, and you will do what I demand of you!" shouted the Viceroy.

Ono was now starting to see what his niece said as he stopped for a bit and his assistant came up to him.

"Gunray, muh-skee-oh-tee."

"Padme was right. I have made a grave mistake joining with the Separatists."

"Cho-aht-dee-vah-tay."

"I know. I know. We must appease Viceroy Gunray so that he does not destroy us all. Be on alert for those Jedi. They may be our only hope."

They were all now approaching the tower as just a few meters under them the girl and Gungan were still climbing as they were near the top.

"Bring Senator Amidala before me," ordered Gunray.

"Um, she and her friend caused a great deal of damage to our droids, and she escaped, sir." said the droid as he held the head of one of his fallen comrades.

"Escaped!?!" said both Pinkie and Jar Jar as they now appeared at the top.

"It's the Jedi!" shouted the droid. "Sir!"

"Shoot them!" shouted the viceroy.

The droids now began to shoot at the duo as they now hung from the ledge, swinging about to avoid being hit. Jar Jar then began to fall as he grabbed Pinkie's cloak and pulled the girl with him. His foot was caught in the vines as it saved them from hitting the ground. It then bounced the two back up as they were now bungee jumping.

"WHEE!!" shouted Pinkie as she flapped her arms pretending to fly when then shot up into the air as the droids tried to hit her.

"This rescuin' is hard jobbin' said Jar Jar as he unhooked his foot when they were at the bottom as Pinkie got off her friend. The Gungan was now free as the two were met with more droids as the two cartwheeled out of the way.

"Jar Jar! Pinkie!" shouted Padme from behind as she shot the head off of a droid.

The Gungan had managed to slip through the crates.

"Capture her!" shouted a droid as he pointed at Padme.

The droids then began to hone in on Padme as she took cover behind a corner and peeked out to take one down. Another was taken down by a fruitcake as they all looked to where it came from. Pinkie had managed to pull out her party cannon and was now pulling stuff from her hair and loading it into the cannon to use as ammo. Meanwhile, another section of droids was focused on Jar Jar as they opened a hatch in the grates. A Superbattle droid then dropped a bomb inside. The Gungan noticed this as he now saw multiple small bombs floating about as they counted down. He then began to swim as fast as he could.

In another section of the place, both 3PO and Rarity could hear the muffled sounds of the explosion as it went off.

"Oh, dear." said the droid.

"Uh..." said two droids as they saw the couple walking in their direction.

"The Jedi have been spotted in the south hall," said 3PO.

"You must hurry!" stated Rarity.

"Let's move." said the droid.

"Roger, roger," said the other as they left.

"I think that was rather clever," said the yellow droid.

"Your acting was very convincing, 3PO. Almost as good as mine, I might add."

"Oh, well, thank you, Lady Rarity. I did dream of attending acting school," said the droid. "Now then, shall we?"

"We shall," smiled the girl as she hooked her arm around the robot's as the two entered the communications room.

"Sir, over there!" shouted a droid as they had spotted Jar Jar swimming under them. "The Jedi is escaping."

"Not likely," said a Superbattle droid. He raised his arm and from it, shot a missile into the water as it was now tracking the Gungan.

Jar Jar noticed the missile as he tried to outdodge and outmaneuver it, but it remanded hot on his heels. The girls were holding their own, as Padme kept on blasting from her corner. While Pinkie kept firing her party cannon. The fuel gauge on it flashed red as a big red E showed. The party girl was now thinking about what to do as all around her shots were flying but she didn't seem unfazed. A lightbulb then appeared over her head as she grabbed it and threw it at one of the enemies before she jumped into the cannon itself.

"What the?" said the droid as he was now hit by a pink blur.

The girl shot out in a ball form as she had her arms and legs tucked in. She then did some sort of spin dash as she used a homing attack that bounced between the droids. Once she took out a droid, she now sat with cuckoo birds circling her hear as she waved them off, and they flew in all sorts of directions. She then grabbed one of the guns from the droids she took out and began to fire it as she sat.

Jar Jar and Padme were having their own issues. For the Gungan, he had bumped into the aquatic creature from before as he now turned with the sea creature following him. The droids were now closing in on the girl's position.

"Freeze. Surrender." said the droids as they now got to where Padme was but wasn't there.

"Where did she go?" asked one of them. He was then shot.

"What the--?"

The droids all looked up and saw Padme on top of the fence. She had climbed the pillar and made herself have the higher ground. She began to run as the droids chased after her. Padme jumped as she grabbed onto the railing above, and she kicked the droids with her legs. She now began to run.

Jar Jar was trying to escape from the creature as he now saw the missile from before, heading towards him. He stopped as the creature was behind him and opened his mouth. As Padme was running to the hatch, a geyser of water shot out as a result of the missile making contact. The girl was thrown back as she looked at the water.

"Jar Jar, no." said the girl.

"NOOOOO!!!!!" shouted Pinkie as she slumped to her knees and screamed to the heavens. "NOT AGAIN!!!"

"Senator Amidala. So good to see you at last," said Gunray as he appeared behind the girl.

Back with Rarity and 3PO,

"Hello? I say, is anyone there?" asked 3PO as he had Rarity hook the cable to him as he was messing with the keyboard. "Why is there never an R2 unit when you need one?"

"This is a restricted frequency. Who is this?" said a clone.

"I am C-3PO, human-cyborg--"

"No droids," stated the clone.

"I beg your pardon, sir!" shouted Rarity as she made her face appear as she was displeased with how the clone was talking to her friend.

"This is a code for military use only."

"This is a priority message from Senator Amidala on Rodia. We require immediate assist--"

"Hold it!" said the droids as they came back and saw the two trying to contact help.

"We need help! Send an actual Jedi, preferably the one named Storm. You know, strong, handsome, charming, my love," said Rarity as she let that last part slip out.

"You're under arrest!" said the droids as they pointed their weapons at the pair as they put their hands up.

"So you didn't find the Jedi, then?" said 3PO.


"You got him, boss," said a B1 droid to the Superbattle droid in the courtyard. "Too bad you can't take out that slug monster."

Under the water, there was the sea creature that was chasing Jar Jar. It opened its mouth as it spat out the Gungan.

"Yousa OK, Bogey?" he asked the creature. "Yousa save-ed me. Yousa my new palo." Jar Jar gave a kiss to the creature's cheek as he swam away, and it growled at his new friend.

"Mistress Padme," said 3PO as he and Rarity were being brought in.

"Rarity!" said Pinkie. She gave he friend a hug as she was glad to see her.

"Thanks for trying to rescue me, Pinkie," smiled the fashionista.

"Were you able to find Jar Jar?" asked the droid to the party girl and his mistress.

"I think Jar Jar's dead, 3PO," said Padme.

"Not again. Oh, poor Jar Jar. He was always such a misfit."

"Again?" said Rarity with a raised eyebrow.

"It's a long story, Rares. For now, a moment of silence... again." Pinkie then reached into her hair and pulled out the flugelhorn from before. She was about to play it when a droid snatched it out of her hands.

"No playing!" shouted the droid as he didn't want to hear the girl's ear scratching noise.

Destroy droids now appeared as they rolled in and pointed their weapons at the four of them. The Viceroy now made his presence known.

"I want to make sure this time."

"Don't do this, viceroy," pleaded Ono. "I beg you, do not kill her. There must be another way."

"Silence!" shouted Nute Gunray.

"I say, I think there has been some horrible mistake. I am a protocol droid on a diplomatic--"

"Ready! Aim." said the Viceroy as he was looking to execute the four of them by a firing squad.

Jar Jar reached his hand out of the grate as he grabbed his robe. He then made his presence as he appeared behind them.

"It's the Jedi!" said Ono pointed at Jar Jar.

"It's the J-J-Je--" said the Viceroy as he was now scared.

"Jedi," said Padme with a smug smile.

"Release the senator," said Jar Jar putting his hands out.

"Uh, that Jedi is going to attack." said a droid also scared.

"Shoot him! Shoot them all!" ordered the Viceroy.

"Whoa!" said Jar Jar as he was moving his feet in rapid succession as the Destroyer droids were firing at him.

Then water sprouted out as the creature that Jar Jar became friends with emerged. It now began to fight against the droids as it took out the ones with a shield.

"That Jedi has summoned a monster!" said Gunray as he was now more scared.

The sea creature used its tail to take out some B1 droids as they knocked their weapons towards the girls. They all grabbed one and began to shoot at the robots, even Rarity was starting to get used to having a blaster in her hands as she took out several targets. While the fight was going on, Gunray took the opportunity to sneak away as Padme saw him leaving.

"We have to get out of here," said the Viceroy as the head of the droid next to him was blasted off. Padme then fired another shot as she took out the other one.

"Look out!" shouted Pinkie and Rarity as they were running from the sea creature as if their lives depended on it.

On top of the creature was Jar Jar as he screamed and held on. The girls rolled out of the monster's path as it collided with the Viceroy's ship as the creature pushed it off the edge and into the water as Jar Jar fell off its head.

"I made a very good friend," said Jar Jar as he stood up.

"Hold it right there, viceroy!" shouted Padme as she and the other girls all had their weapons pointed at him.

"At last, we can finish this," said Ono as he appeared behind Padme as he had his blaster pointed in the girl's direction.

"Onaconda, it is about time," said Gunray. "Blast that Jedi and shoot them all!"

"Ono, don't do it!" pleaded Rarity.

"Don't be labeled as a big bad meanie!" cried Pinkie.

Padme now turned to look at her uncle as the two stared at one another. Waiting to see what was going to happen next. The girl's eyes changed as did Ono which caused Padme to smile.

"Uncle Ono, I think it's time to tell the viceroy about our little secret, how you never meant to leave the Republic and how you truly care what's best for your people," said Padme.

"What?!!" said Rarity and Pinkie as they weren't aware of this secret.

"What is she talking about?!" said the Viceroy as he was confused as the girls.

"Sorry, viceroy, she is right. I am with the Republic, and you are under arrest," said Ono.

"You will pay for this treachery!"

"Viceroy, you are going to spend the rest of the war in a cell," said Padme.

"Your victory will be fleeing, senators," said Gunray.

At that moment, a huge shadow was passing over them. They all looked up to the sky as they saw the ship and smiled.

"Those are Republic warships. The clones have arrived," said 3PO.

"Seems my beloved Storm has come," said Rarity as she entered her daydream state.

"Did you say, Storm?" said a voice.

The ships landed as the clones exited the ship. But they weren't alone as accompanying them was none other than Twilight.

"We got your message, general," said the clone commander to Padme with a salute. "What are your orders?"

"My message got through," said 3PO as he was shocked.

"Take this Separatist scum away!" said the clone commander to his troops.

"So good to see you again, Twilight."

"You as well Senator Am... Padme," said Twilight as she remembered the girl allowed her to call her by her actual name.

"Pardon me, darling. But how do you know Storm?" asked Rarity with a suspicious eyebrow.

"Oh, he's my partner," answered Twilight.

"Partner? Well now, he didn't mention that he was seeing someone," said Rarity as her teeth grinded together.

"Oh, no, it's not that kind of partner!" said Twilight as her face was turning all shades of red as she waved her arms about. "I'm his partner as a Jedi, nothing more."

"You sure?" asked Rarity glaring down at the girl in front of her.

"Honestly, we're just friends."

"Very well," said Rarity as she backed off.

"Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie!" said the girl as she now raced in between the two. She grabbed Twilight's hand as she began to shake it furiously up and down as Twilight was taken off her feet.

"Nice to meet you," said Twilight as her voice changed when she was being shaken. Pinkie then released her hold as Twilight felt her hand was sore. It took a while as it soon returned to its normal state.

"Pleasure to make your acquittance, darling. My name is Rarity," said the fashionista as she put her hand out.

"Twilight Sparkle," said the girl as she shook the marshmallow's girl. Rarity then yanked Twilight in as she whispered something.

"Make sure you keep your hands to yourself, darling. Storm is mine," whispered the girl as she pulled back.

"R-right," said Twilight uneasily.

"What are you doing here, Twilight?" asked Padme.

"Well, we got your message. But since Storm and Anakin are on separate missions, they sent me instead."

"Master Bombard..." said Ono as he approached Jar Jar, "on behalf of the people of Rodia, I thank you. You're either the most bravest or the foolish Jedi I have ever met."

"Jedi?" said Twilight as she looked at Jar Jar.

"I'm just a Gungan, and I don't think I'm either."

"Well, I think you're a... a little bit of both," said 3PO.

One of the clones now pulled out a transmitter as the image of the Chancellor appeared.

"Senator Amidala has brought your people's needs to my attention, and I have already sent a convoy of supply ships to your system."

"Thank you, Chancellor," said Ono.

"The capture of Viceroy Gunray is a major victory for the Republic. All of you should be commended for your courage and from what I hear, especially you, Representative Binks and Ms. Pie." said the Chancellor as he looked at the four individuals for a job well done.

"Ah, it'sa nothing," smiled the Gungan as did Pinkie.

With that, the Chancellor ended his transmission.

"Can you ever forgive me, Padme?"

"It is the Republic that should be asking you for forgiveness, my old friend. Far too often, we forget that our most important allies are not always the most powerful." said the girl to her uncle.

With that, the clones and Twilight left as they needed to deliver the Viceroy. Twilight said goodbye to the Padme and the others as she waved from the ship. Both Rarity and Pinkie waved at the new friend they made as it seemed this wouldn't be the last time they each saw the other.

PreviousChapters Next