• Published 20th Nov 2021
  • 2,450 Views, 857 Comments

Star Wars: The Great War - ShootingStar25



You've heard it time and time again. The Force surrounds us and binds the galaxy together. Well, that hits both hard and true. The time for survival is now and may the Force guide us to a better tomorrow.

  • ...
1
 857
 2,450

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 23: Lair of Grievous

Most powerful is he who controls his own power.

Recap: Viceroy Gunray escapes. En route to Coruscant to stand trials for war crimes, evil Separatist Nute Gunray had broken free of his Jedi escort. With the help of Count Dooku's sinister agents, the villainous Viceroy has made a daring getaway. Alerted to the bold prison break, Jedi Masters Kit Fisto and Celestia have traced the stolen ship to a remote system, hoping to recapture Gunray and return him to justice.

In space, two ships were flying about as one of them belonged to Twilight's master, Celestia. She wasn't alone as accompanying the girl on her crusade was another of her fellow Jedi Master, who was a Nautolan male. After getting the message from Luminara, both Jedi Masters were now determined to find the missing viceroy. And after tireless searching, they were honing in on their target.

"I know we're in the middle of nowhere, R6, but that's the Republic beacon we're looking for," said Kit Fisto.

"Contact the Outer Rim Command," asked Celestia to the droid as it began to do what was asked.

The images of Jedi Master Luminara, Ahsoka, and Twilight now came online for both Jedi Masters to see.

"Master Luminara, we have tracked the location of our stolen ship to the Vassek System," said Fisto.

"So has your old Padawan, Nahdar Vebb. He's already on the surface," stated Luminara.

"It'll be great to see Nahdar again." spoked Fisto.

"I'll transmit the coordinates for the rendezvous point. And Master Fisto and Celestia, sorry we lost that slimy double-dealer," said Ahsoka as she apologized.

"Don't worry, Ahsoka, we'll catch Gunray yet," spoke Celestia.

"Master, I'm sorry. Please don't fail me," said Twilight.

"Twilight, it's alright. I'm not angry at you," spoke Celestia as she used her motherly voice when addressing her student. "If anything, I'm proud. You've come a long way since I first took you under my wing, and even moreso since being partnered up with Storm. I almost wonder if you prefer to have him. Seems you do not require me, anymore."

"That is so not true, master. I will always need you." smiled Twilight as it got Celestia to smile as well.

"I am glad to see that you are growing. One day, you will not only be a fine young lady but a more powerful Jedi Master. Now let me worry, and Fisto worry about capturing Gunray." said Celestia.

"Good hunting, master," said Twilight.

The images of the girls now disappeared. Kit Fisto's ship now separated from its hyperdrive engines as it now headed towards the ship with Celestia following her comrade. It wasn't long as they entered the planet's orbit as upon first glance, it was nothing but rocks and heavy fog that was passing by. The pair of ships now landed next to one another as both Jedi Masters got out. R6 gave a beep to Fisto.

"Well, I can't see anything either," responded the Jedi Master to his droid. "You'll be fine, R6. Just keep a lookout for us, okay?" The droid gave a beep.

"Ready, Celestia?"

"Let's hope we're not here for than needed to. My hair is starting to the feel effects of this heavy fog," said the girl as she now began to walk with her fellow Jedi Master brethren.

They didn't walk far as they soon came across a ship that not only had some clones but also a male Mon Calamari as he had a robe over his head.

"Nahdar!" said Fisto with a chuckle. "Congratulations on passing the trials. I'm sorry the war prevented me from seeing your training through to the end."

"You were missed, master, but it is an honor to finally serve you as a knight," said Nahdar as he took his cloak off.

"We're glad you could accompany us. We'll need all the help we can get to catch that slippery weasel, Gunray," stated Celestia as she made her presence.

"I am also honored to be the presence of a great Jedi Master like yourself, Celestia," said Nahdar as he grabbed the girl's hand and kissed the back of it as she smiled.

"General, we've pinpointed the tracking beacon's location to the south end of the gorge," said the clone commander as he pointed in the direction.

"Then let's have a look," said Fisto.

"Allow me to show the way," said Nahdar.

He then turned around as he put his arms out. Using the Force, he was now able to clear the fog that was around them. The fog in front of them now pushed out of the way as literally a few meters in front of them was a castle that was hidden.

"Charming," said Fisto as he saw what his former Padawan did.

"Let's not keep the viceroy waiting, gentlemen," said Celestia as she did a quick hair flip as she lead the way.

"Niner, Bel, look after the ships," said the commander.

"Yes, sir."

The three Jedi along with a small unit of clones, all approached the castle as they took it in.

"No guards? How odd," said Fisto looking around.

"The entrance looks sealed," said Nahdar.

"We specialize in making entrances," said the commander as he pulled out a detonator.

"This will make less noise," said Nahdar as he pulled out his lightsaber.

"Patience, the both of you," gestured Celestia as she put her arms out to stop them. "Usually what you first glance, doesn't tell the whole story."

"Allow me to demonstrate, Celestia. A second look usually pays off," stated Fisto as he knew what the girl was saying. He then began to approach the door as he saw something.

"What's this?" said the Jedi Master as he pushed a piece of the door in as it acted as a button as the doors now opened.

"You see, sometimes a simple knock on the door is all that's needed," smiled Celestia with a smug expression. "Now then, boys. Let's go meet our guest."

Celestia and Kit Fisto now took the lead walking side by side as Nahdar, and the clones followed the Jedi Masters inside the castle.

"You smell that?" asked the commander to his men.

"Doesn't smell like droids to me," said one of the men.

"It's too dark to see anything," said another.

The clone commander and his men now turned on the small flashlights on their helmets. It allowed them to shine some light in front of the group and give some visual to the dark corridor they were all walking in. They soon came to a door as both Celestia and Fisto's Jedi instincts were going off.

"I sense there's something here," said Fisto.

"It's as if... there's a certain, scent to this place," Celestia was also using her nose as she took in the smell as it was getting familiar and familiar as they went deeper into the castle.

They kept on walking as they soon came to another door.

"Scanners are negative, generals," said the clone commanders.

Just then, there was a growling sound. It got everyone to be on high alert as they looked around trying to see if they found the source of the sound.

"Well, that was something," said a clone.

The group now kept on walking as they soon came to a place that had light at the end of the tunnel. The Jedi all hid behind the corner of the doorway as they listened to the conversation going on.

"All droids stay on guard," said Nute Gunray. "Be ready for anything."

"Roger, roger,"

Both Celestia and Fisto gave a nod and then told the crew to follow them. They all now slowly made their way up the stairs once more staying out of the line of sight, as they continued to listen.

"Double shifts for everyone."

"Uh, viceroy?" asked a droid.

"You must protect me at all costs."

"Uh, viceroy, the Jedi are here," said the droid as he saw them just casually stroll into the room.

"I know they're near. Once those Jedi pick up my trial, they never me alone."

"They're right behind you!" shouted the droid as they now turned on their lightsabers.

"What? Where? Do something! You! Blast them!"

The droids now began to fire at the three as they were deflecting the shots with ease.

"Have you ever killed a Jedi?" asked one of the droids to his comrades as he kept on firing.

"No. Never."

"Me either."

The two went back to focusing on the Jedi as they repelled the shots back at them. Celestia was just walking as she had her lightsaber in one hand, blocking the shots as if she was taking a stroll through the park. She then approached her targets and quickly slashed them as they fell over in pieces. Nahdar jumped to do a front flip as he slashed one of the droids and reflected the ones that were shooting at him.

"Don't even think about it, Republic dogs!" shouted a droid before he had his head cut off by Nahdar as he did a vicious attack.

"I didn't forget to teach you restraint, did I, my old Padawan?" asked Kit Fisto at what his friend did.

"I am sorry, master. I got carried away," replied Nahdar.

"Don't make a habit of it, for such recklessness can be the downfall of not just a Jedi, but of an individual," stated Celestia offering some wisdom to the newly crowned Jedi Knight.

"I will keep that in mind, Master Celestia."

"Those who have power should restrain themselves from using it," chimed in Fisto with his words of wisdom.

"Lieutenant, did you get them?" asked Gunray as his chair had been turned this whole time.

"No, but we have you, viceroy," stated Nahdar as Fisto turned the chair around.

They were all expecting to see the viceroy, but in reality, he wasn't there at all. In fact, when he was giving the orders to the droids, it was but a hologram image that belonged to a transmitter.

"You have nothing, Jedi fools. I welcome you to your doom," said the Gunray as he let out a maniacal laugh as the image soon disappeared.

"The tracking beacon. They knew we were coming," said Nahdar as he tossed the thing in his hand.

"I should have known Gunray wasn't here. At the first sight of us, he would run off screaming like the coward he is," said Fisto.

At that moment, all three Jedi turned towards the seat where the hologram of the viceroy once was. The transmitter now turned on again as this time it was an image of Dooku sitting as he made his presence known.

"I apologize for the deception, Master Jedi."

"Count Dooku. You have a great talent for unexpected appearances," spoke Celestia with bitterness in her voice.

"It's a shame you came so far to be frustrated. While the viceroy is unavailable for capture, allow me to offer you an alternative prize."

The image of Dooku now disappeared as the transmission ended. It was then a button on the arm of the chair began to flash.

"This has got to be a trap," said the clone commander.

"It looks like Dooku is trying to catch someone, and we are the bait," said Fisto.

"But who has the trap been set to catch?" asked Nahdar.

"Shall we find out then?" asked Celestia as she referred to the blinking button as it was a clear message to push it.

Nahdar then pushed the button. It caused a secret door to be opened. Another corridor was shown as the Jedi, and the clones all entered. They kept on walking as they soon passed by another room as the door opened up. Inside was a statue as they all stared at before moving on. They kept on walking down the hallway as they passed more doors that opened up and showed even more statues.

"Hmm. This place looks like a shrine to that strange warrior," said Celestia.

They kept on walking as they came to a door as it opened up. The sight they saw was rather intriguing as they saw parts. Not just any parts, but cyborg parts.

"This is the lair of General Grievous!" said Fisto as it got all of them to have their eyes widen.


Speaking of the general, he was in space. He was flying his ship as he was heading towards his lair. He was also being currently contacted by Dooku.

"Yes, my lord?"

"General, the ongoing stalemate in the war has become unacceptable. There is concern that you have lost your focus. Lord Sidious demands more dramatic results, more dead Jedi." stated Count Dooku.

"You expect victory over Jedi, but all you give me to fight them is battle droids!" growled Grievous.

"And yet, Sunset has proven her worth using those same battle droids," said Dooku.

That statement got Grievous to be angry as he slammed his fist on the ship's panel as the transmission was cut off. To think that a girl who was a former Jedi and was the newest member of their crew, was already surpassing him in terms of respect and dependency when it came to the Dark lords. He was now flying his ship to the Vassek system as he entered the planet's orbit.

"These must be the trophies he's taken from the Jedi he's murdered," said Nahdar as he was looking at a table of weapons. "There are so many."

All around the room, there was a collection of weapons that Grievous had obtained after defeating his enemies.

"To think, so many of our brethren had been killed at the hands of the murderous bastard!" growled Celestia as she looked at the different weapons. The Force was allowing her to see the final moments of the person they belonged to in her mind before Grievous ended them.

"Why would Dooku want to set a trap for his best general?" asked Fisto as he held a lightsaber from the shelves in his hand. "It doesn't make sense."

"Are we the bait, or is Grievous the bait?" asked Nahdar to his former master.

"We must consider who this trap is for," said Fisto.

"General, your droid is tracking an incoming ship. It matches a description of General Grievous' fighter. It's headed our way," said one of the clones who stayed behind as R6 showed a holographic image.

"Keep out of sight and stand by for further orders," said Fisto into his comlink.

"Capturing Grievous could turn the tide of the war," said Nahdar.

"And if he doesn't know we're here, we can take him down easy," said the clone commander as he pulled out his pistol.

"Don't underestimate him," said Celestia.

"We'll need a plan," instructed Fisto.

Grievous' ship was now descending into the atmosphere. His ship was now traveling towards his lair as he entered through a secret entrance. The door now opened as the general was seen walking down the corridor.

"Guards?" asked Grievous as he was expecting to see some droids. "Gor? Gor, where are you?"

At that moment, Celestia and Fisto along with some clones jumped out of hiding as they shined the light in Grievous' face. Behind him, Nahdar along with the rest of the ships also appeared as they had their weapons all pointed at the cyborg.

"Welcome home, general. I'm afraid I must request your surrender," said Fisto.

"Cooperate, Grievous, and perhaps the Senate will be merciful," stated Celestia pointed her lightsaber at him.

"It is you who shall get no mercy!" said Grievous. He then took off his cloak and pulled out two lightsabers. He then stretch out as his blades got stuck in the walls. Fisto and Nahdar both took their chance to swing at the cyborg as he brought his hands down to block their assaults. While he was holding them off, he then had his arms break apart as he now had two more arms as they had two more lightsabers turned on.

He twirled his lightsabers in his upper hands around as Fisto and Nahdar ducked. Celestia took her chance to attack as Grievous had both lightsabers clash against hers.

"Cables!" shouted Fisto to the clones as all three Jedi were holding the cyborg's lightsabers in place.

The clones all pointed their guns at the cyborg as the cables were now attached to his legs. Grievous was now being held in place as his lightsabers were also being pushed back by the three Jedi.

"Don't let him go!" shouted the commander clone as he and his men were pulling on their blasters as it was taking a lot of strength to hold the cyborg.

"Ah! We got him," spoke another clone.

"Don't let him cut the lines!" shouted Celestia as she ducked and went back to blocking Grievous' two blades.

Fisto then backed off and spun as he slashed at Grievous' leg as he managed to chop them off.

The general now leaped up as he held onto the ceiling. But there were still cables attached to where his hips were positioned. Grievous fell back to the floor as he began to crawl like a spider as he was dragging the clones behind him. Fisto saw this and looked to slash at the general who had a lightsaber in his hand as he blocked the attack from the Jedi Knight.

"Don't make me destroy you," said Nahdar.

Grievous then spun his hand in a fast spin as Fisto knocked his blade out of his hand. The general now leaped up as one of the clones fell from the pulling as he managed to pull the other in as he grabbed the clone by his neck while his other hand held the ceiling.

"Come and get me," said Grievous as he used the clone to swat away Fisto and Celestia who fell back into the two other clones.

Nahdar turned his lightsaber on as the general now turned around to face him and tossed the clone to the Jedi as they fell when they bumped into each other. Grievous was now moving about the ceiling like monkey bars as he was looking to flee from the Jedi.

"Cut him off!" shouted Nahdar to the clones.

As Fisto and Celestia were chasing after the general, they turned a corner as they didn't see him. Grievous had turned the corner as he ambushed the two clones that followed Fisto and Celestia as they were taken out. Both Jedi Masters heard the struggle as they turned the corner to see their fallen teammates as Nahdar and the last two clones also appeared. All the while, Grievous was escaping as he came to a door and pushed a secret button as he disappeared.

"Where he'd go?" asked the clone commander.

"The clones got in the way," said Nahdar, "I could have taken him."

That response got both Jedi Masters to give Nahdar a look as they didn't like the attitude that the Jedi Knight was showing.

"Let's take care of our wounded," said Fisto.


While the Jedi went back to check on the two clones from before, Grievous had made it to his control room.

"Doctor, where are you?" shouted the cyborg.

"Don't be upset with me, master," said a droid by the name of EV-A4-D. "If you were a better fighter, we would not be having this conversation." Grievous just growled as the attitude he was getting from his own medical droid. "Look what you let those Jedi do to you. You're a walking scrap pile. What a mess. It's going to take me forever to get you back in decent shape. I'll go fetch your spare parts."

"What happened to my bodyguards?" asked the general.

"They were remotely deactivated for recharge. I thought you did it," said the medical droid as he was leaving.

Grievous let out a cough as he now activated the bodyguards as one by one they fell from the wires holding them up as they landed in front of the general.

"Lock down the perimeter."

The general was now in his seat as he was checking the cameras in his lair. He saw one of them as the hologram image showed the Jedi checking on the two fallen clones as Celestia confirmed they were gone.

"It's no good," said Celestia as she didn't feel a pulse from the soldiers that laid on the floor.

"Let me go after Grievous myself, master."

"Patience, Nahdar," said Fisto. "You may no longer be a Padawan, but you are not ready to take on Grievous."

"It's time we retreated," said Celestia as they all followed the girl's orders as they ran back down the hall.

"You are not going anywhere," said Grievous as he saw them trying to escape. He then pushed some buttons in front of him as the doors in front of our heroes now shut.

"It looks like we're gonna have to fight after all," said Fisto.

"Green Scout to Watcher Base," said the clone commander through his comlink.

"Copy. This is watcher base, over."

"Contact the fleet at Bestine. Inform them we've engaged Grievous and require reinforcements."

"Right away, sir."

"Better warm up the shuttle's long-range transmitter." said a clone to his comrade.

They were unaware that several of Grievous' bodyguards had been watching them. One of them now took of their binoculars and then raised a rocket launcher. The clones entered the ship as it closed behind them as the bodyguard aimed at the ship. It then fired the missile at the ship as it was destroyed and exploded stopping the call for reinforcements.

At that moment, everyone inside the castle was running to look for another exit when Fisto was receiving a call on his comlink. He answered it as it was R6. It was telling Fisto that the bodyguards were now slowly getting to it and the ships as he was scared. Celestia pushed a button on her comlink as her ship now manually switch over to R6's control.

"Get out of there, R6, now!" shouted the Jedi Master.

The droid gave a beep as he didn't need to be told twice. He turned the engines on both ships and was now taking off. One of the bodyguards grabbed onto his ship as it was flying away. R6 noticed that one of them was holding on as it began to shake it off. It did a barrel roll as it flung the bodyguard off the ship and into a rock as the ships now flew away.

"R6? R6?" shouted Fisto hoping to get a sign, but the signal was fading.

"Seems, we're getting no reinforcements," stated Celestia as Grievous was determined on making sure that none of them left his lair alive.

At that moment, an image of Grievous on his throne appeared in front of the small group.

"You've run out of time."

"Why don't you come out, general? Show us some of that Separatist hospitality," said Fisto.

"Patience. In the meantime, please experience all my home has to offer. It has been prepared for uninvited guests like you."

The image of Grievous now disappeared.

"I have a bad feeling about this," said Nahdar.

As if on cue, the floor they were standing on now opened. The Jedi were able to react quick enough as they held onto the edge. As for the clone, the commander pulled out his pistol and he fired the cable attachment as it landed on the ceiling. However, the other one wasn't as lucky as he fell into the molten incinerator vat below. Nahdar now grabbed the cable as he was trying to pull up the commander. He was about to go over the edge as both Fisto and Celestia provided help as they grabbed Nahdar and helped pull up the clone commander as they all sat down in exhaustion.

"General, I know you're watching. We've seen the lower levels of your home. We're not impressed." said Fisto.

"Good, Jedi, good." chuckled Grievous evilly as he watched them on his cameras. "You will provide some sport for me."

Celestia stabbed her lightsaber through a camera watching them as the image for Grievous disappeared.

"Gor, time to entertain our guests," said Grievous as he looked at another camera. It showed the image of Grievous' pet. It growled as it began to march forward.


All three Jedi and the clone commander were now in a huge room. They were standing back to back in a circle as the Jedi had their lightsabers out.

"Stand firm," instructed Fisto. "There might be worst things here than Grievous."

At that moment, a door opened as it showed Grievous' pet coming in.

"Looks like you might be right about that, sir," said the clone commander.

Grievous' pet now entered the small arena area. It was a Roggwart. A large, predatory, non-sentient beast standing at 4 meters tall, armed with long claws and two horns that curve forwards, sharp flesh-tearing fangs, powerful leg muscles, and a tail that could impale attackers. Their tough muscular bodies could shrug off blaster shots and even some lightsaber wounds. However, this roggwart was enhanced by Grievous' medical droids with cybernetics including mechanical arms attached to the creature's back.

"Goodbye, Jedi," said Grievous.

"Master, the armor patches are getting cold, and contrary to your belief, I do have other things to do," said the medical droid.

"Proceed with my repair," said the cyborg as his chair was wheeled to the next room as he laid back.

"Sometimes, I wonder why you submitted to the changes,"

"Improvements!" shouted Grievous. "I submit to no one. I chose them. Now get on with it."

"There may be some discomfort," said the medical droid as he was now putting the cyborg back together. He was now removing Grievous' damaged mask as the cyborg could feel the pain.

All the while, the Jedi and the clone commander were dealing with his pet. Some blaster shots were fired as the Fisto went in for an attack as the roggwart managed to knock his weapon out of his hand. It then saw all three as it went for a lunge attack with its mouth as all four moved out of the way as Fisto was able to regain his weapon. They were all now surrounding the beast as they slowly moved in.

"Shoot him, commander!" ordered Nahdar as the clone did that. He managed to aim for an exposed spot in the creature's armor on his neck as he felt it.

Nahdar then leaped up as did Celestia as the two plunged their lightsabers into the creature's back. The roggwart felt the pain as it began to shake the two off with Celestia doing a backflip to safely land as Nahdar was flung off. Its tail now swung as it wrapped around the clone commander as he was holding him while looking at the tiny thing. It then swiped its tail with the clone commander into Nahdar as he was thrown onto the floor.

Taking the opportunity, both Celestia and Fisto now rushed forward to the creature as they managed to do a criss-cross attack as their lightsabers hit the roggwart in the eye. The thing was now blinded as it wailed its tail about. The clone commander was still trapped in its tail that when it hit the ground, there was a splat sound and for a second the commander didn't move. Nahdar has gotten back up and used his lightsaber to slice the tail off of the creature freeing his comrade. The creature let out a shriek as both Celestia and Fisto used their lightsabers to cut the arms off of the roggwart as it howled in pain even more. It then fell in between the two Jedi Masters. They both gave a nod and then stabbed both of their lightsabers through its neck, making sure that it was dead for good.

"Excellent work, Celestia."

"You as well, Fisto."

Both gave a small compliment to the other when they heard Nahdar.

"Grievous is going to pay for this," said the Jedi Knight.

He was now holding in his arms the dead body of their clone commander as they had now lost all of their troops. Seems Grievous' plan to wipe them all out was succeeding as only the Jedi remained without any help coming.

"I will destroy him," said Nahdar as he bawled his fist.

"Don't let your anger cloud your judgment, Nahdar," said Celestia as she was trying to warn the Jedi Knight to not let his emotions take over.

"We understand your pain, but you forget your teachings, Nahdar. Revenge is not the Jedi way," said Fisto to his former apprentice.

"But in this war, strength prevails!" responded the Jedi Knight to the masters. "The rules have changed."

"Perhaps you are the one who has changed," said Fisto with a disapproving look on his face.

"You are fighting on emotion. And when you fight on emotion, you make mistakes," stated Celestia as she too had a similar look as Fisto as it seemed Nahdar was being stubborn with what he was being told.

"Come now, we need to keep moving," said Fisto as Nahdar laid the body of the clone on the ground as he followed his friend.

Celestia took a few moments behind as he looked at her fallen clone and put her hand over the clone.

"Requiescat in pace," said Celestia as she offered some last parting words for the fallen soul.


Grievous had finally finished getting repaired as he had new sets equipped. His chair now rolled back into the control room as the cyborg began to tamper with the keyboard and the cameras.

"Let's see if Gor is finished playing with the Jedi," Grievous now found the camera where the small batter took place as the image showed him his pet had been slain.

"Huh? Where are they? Gor?" Grievous was now anger as he slammed his fists on the panel as his medical droid came up.

"Master, you have an incoming transmission from Count Dooku."

"General, I understand the Jedi have infiltrated your lair. Your recent defeats at their hands have shaken my faith in your ability to lead the droid army. I'm sure you can understand my need to reassess your effectiveness."

"You! You deactivated my guards," said Grievous as he pointed at Dooku. "You let the Jedi in here so you would test me."

"I do hope you emerge victorious," said Dooku with a sinister smile.

"Ha!" scoffed Grievous as he pushed a button.

"It's time for you to prove--"

"Oops," said Grievous as he ended the transmission. "All right, count. I'll play your little game."

Grievous and his medical droid were now leaving the control room and walking towards the hallways.

"In your condition, you need your rest." said his medical droid.

"I will rest when the Jedi are dead," responded the general.

Several bodyguards were seen walking out of a tunnel as behind them was Grievous. Unbeknownst to him, was that all three Jedi were nearby hiding behind a corner as they saw the cyborg walk by. They saw Grievous now pushing several door panels.

"You were right, master. That exit must lead to the control room," said Nahdar.

Grievous was now walking away with his bodyguards in tow. Once he was out of sight, the three Jedi now approached the same door as Fisto was now inputting the same pattern on the door to unlock it. On the cameras, they were being watched by Grievous' medical droid.

"Oh, what have we here? The uninvited guests,"

"Let's go," said Fisto as he managed to get the door unlocked.

"Master, the Jedi are about to enter the control room!" shouted the medical droid over the P.A. system.

"Nahdar, inside, hurry!" shouted Fisto as he was standing out of the doorway.

"No, you go. I will hold him off," said the Jedi Knight.

"Do not be crazy! You can't take Grievous alone!" shouted Celestia at his stubbornness. "I understand the pain of our fallen allies, but choosing to seek revenge will backfire on you!"

"There's no time to argue!" shouted Fisto to his friend.

"We can't just run. We must finish him," said Nahdar to the Jedi Masters.

The medical droid saw this as he let out an evil chuckle. He then pushed a button on the panel.

"Nahdar, hurry!" shouted Fisto as at that moment, the door shut. Separating the Jedi Masters from him.

"I've been waiting for this," said Nahdar as he turned on his lightsaber as several of Grievous' bodyguards appeared.

"Nahdar!!" shouted Fisto.

"We must hurry to the control room! Perhaps there's a way we can open the door from there!" said Celestia as the two were now running towards the room hoping to help their friend before he got carried away.

Nahdar now began to engage the bodyguards as he attacked one of them which blocked with his electro staff. He then got in a slash attack as he sliced the bodyguard diagonally. He then used the Force to pick up the top half and fling it into another bodyguard as he too went down. Another tried a surprise attack as he ducked and then jump. He brought his lightsaber down as he sliced the droid in half, clean. Down the hall, Grievous appeared with a few more bodyguards.

"Greetings, young Jedi."

Nahdar moved out of the way of another bodyguard as he stabbed his lightsaber through the droid with ease.

"Where is your master?" asked Grievous as the last of his bodyguards was taken out.

"How exciting," said the medical droid as he was watching them on the camera.

"You will find out soon enough," said Nahdar as he took a stance and prepared to fight Grievous. "You can't defeat us all."

"Of course, I can!" said Grievous with two lightsabers activated.

He then swung his lightsabers as Nahdar blocked each of their attacks and then went for his own as it was countered.

"Get him, master. Kill him," cheered the medical droid watching. He was unaware that Celestia and Fisto had walked into the room as the door opened. "Wait. Where's the other Jedi?"

He soon got his answer when he heard the sound of a lightsaber igniting behind him.

"Oh, no," said the droid as Fisto sliced the droid and the chair as it fell over.

The two Jedi Masters were now watching the camera as they saw Nahdar fighting Grievous. The battle was still going as Nahdar was dodging the general's attacks as he went on the offense. Their blades were locked in place as they tried to gain the upper hand in a test of strength. However, Nahdar didn't see that Grievous had one of his multiple arms pop out as he reached behind him. It was then a shot was heard from a blaster as the general had shot the Jedi through his abdomen as Nahdar felt it. He soon then fell over.

"No," said Fisto as he slumped back in the chair as he saw his former apprentice had been slain.

"Nadhar," said Celestia in a soft-spoken tone as she clutched her heart as the Force was telling her that Jedi's spirit was gone. "Requiescat in pace."

Grievous now picked up the fallen Jedi Knight's lightsaber as he now had another trophy to add to his collection. He looked at it and then at the camera as he knew that both Jedi Masters had been watching what had happened.

"I will kill you all! Do you hear me, Jedi? Do you hear me?" threaten the general to both Celestia and Fisto.

At that moment, Fisto got a call on his comlink as it was a familiar droid beep.

"R6, is that you?" said the Jedi Master as he got a beep from the droid. "Meet us at the south landing platform. We'll be right there."

"I'm coming for you next, Fisto. And then it'll be Celestia's turn."

"We'll be gone by the time you get here," growled Celestia as she pushed a button to address the cyborg.

Both turned on their lightsabers as they destroyed the panel and the entire control room.


The pair had managed to make it to the landing platform undetected.

"R6, we're at the platform. Where are you?" asked Fisto.

The droid gave a beep. At that moment, both Jedi Masters saw a hand appear from the ledge as they backed up.

"Going somewhere?" asked Grievous.

Both Jedi Masters pulled out their lightsabers. Grievous now had all four arms out as he had two of them over his head. He had all of his hands spin with lightsabers as they approached the two Jedi. Celestia and Fisto went for a jab to which Grievous blocked as he chuckled. He pushed their blades back and before he could strike them with a quick slash, both Jedi Masters jumped back as they turned off their lightsabers and disappeared into the fog.

"Huh?" said the general as he didn't know where they were.

The pair had jumped over him as Grievous swung widely, but missed them by a lot. He now began to spin all of his lightsabers in a circle as he was waiting to see where they would pop out. The pair had managed to sneak up on the cyborg as they stood directly behind him. They went in for an attack as Grievous noticed it at the last second and blocked them but it was rather close.

"You might have been a proud warrior once, but now you're just a pawn in Dooku's game," said Fisto.

"I wield great power, Jedi fool," responded Grievous.

"Then show us," taunted Celestia.

Grievous was angry as he pulled back his blades and did a swipe attack as both Jedi Masters ducked and then cut off a hand from the general as the lightsabers went flying but soon landed in the hands of Fisto and Celestia as they now had two lightsabers each.

"That power will only consume you," spoke Celestia as she raised the second lightsaber at the general.

Both now rushed forward as six lightsabers blades were being traded. Fisto and Celestia worked off of each other's fighting styles and attacks as they were pushing the general back. They had to back off when Grievous counterattacked as they were able to block his strikes more easily with the extra blade in their hand. They did some evasive moves and flips when they saw an attack they couldn't defend as they managed to leave a scratch on the general's body as he stumbled back a bit and saw the lightsaber burns. When they landed, both used the Force to push the cyborg on the ground as they towered over him.

Grievous got back up quickly as the three engaged once more. However, soon some more of Grievous' bodyguards came as they were now looking to help their master. Celestia threw one of the extra blades in her hand at the droid as it went through with ease. She then flipped out of the way as the bodyguards now surrounded Fisto as he began to fight them off.

"Leaving so soon, general?" asked Celestia as she saw Grievous turnaround. "Come on, I thought you said you would get rid of us," mocked the girl.

Grievous now charged forward as Celestia blocked his lightsabers separately with one hand. She began to counter when she an overhead attack. Using the momentum to her advantage, she then guided the blade with hers in a circle and look to go for a jab as the general jumped back. Celestia then closed in the gap at a fast speed and continued her assault as the general was resorted to being one the defense.

Celestia added did some quick cartwheels as she dodged out of the lightsabers attacks. When she crossed blades again, Grievous tried a sneak attack as Celestia spun out of the way backward. She then slid under the general's attack as the lightsaber almost grazed her nose. She then stopped and popped up with a jump as her blade came down but was blocked.

"Tell me, Celestia. How scared was your student when she saw her life flash before her eyes?" taunted the general as Celestia knew about Twilight's encounter when they went to rescue R2. "Had it not been for her friends, you would have lost another apprentice!"

Celestia pulled back from the test of strength as she landed on one knee.

"You made a grave mistake, general. The moment you messed with my student, was the moment you disrespected me!" growled Celestia as she zoomed back in to fight.

The girl was dictating the pace of the fight as she had her eyes closed but was moving far more smoothly as she was using her Jedi instincts to attune to the Force. Allowing it to guide her movements, as the general was having a hard time with Celestia's new style of combat as she got some good strikes in on the cyborg's armor as he felt it despite the rough exterior. A few good kicks were enough to take the cyborg off his game as he fell onto his back. Grievous pulled out his blaster as he fired at Celestia who blocked, but that allowed the cyborg the time he need to punch the Jedi Master as she flipped back to Fisto. They were surrounded by the bodyguards as the two Jedi Masters stood back to back.

"How quickly power can change hands. Surrender, and I promise you will die quickly," demanded Grievous.

Both Jedi Masters looked at each other as they nodded. They turned off their lightsabers. At that moment, behind them, R6 had appeared as both of the Jedi's ships were present.

"Stop them!" shouted Grievous to his bodyguards.

Both Jedi flipped backward as they avoid the swings from the bodyguards as they landed on their ships. R6 was now flying Fisto away while Celestia had gotten into her own ship and was now piloting it manually.

"Let's go home, R6," said the Jedi Master.

The ships now began to leave the planet's atmosphere.

Grievous was back in his lair as he was being contacted by Dooku.

"Count Dooku, the Jedi have been defeated."

"Victory over the clones and the young Jedi was expected, but to best a Jedi Master... is truly an accomplishment worthy of recognition," smiled Dooku.

"The Jedi Fisto and Celestia escaped," said Grievous.

"So there is room for improvement," said Dooku as he lost his smile like that as he heard the failure of his comrade. The transmission ended as Grievous was angered by what was said.


Back on Coruscant, it was now evening time as the sun was setting. Both Kit Fisto and Celestia were reporting the details of their mission to their fellow Jedi Masters, Yoda, and Mace Windu.

"What about your former Padawan?" asked Windu.

"His heart was in the right place, but he tried to answer Grievous' power with his own," stated Fisto as he was still sad at the loss of his friend.

"To answer power with power, the Jedi way this is not," responded Yoda. "In this war, a danger there is of losing who we are."

With that both Jedi Masters left. Celestia wished her condolences to Fisto at seeing him lose his former apprentice. She then was walking as she had her head down, she was thinking about what went down with Nahdar and what it must have been for Fisto to see his own student be killed before him. She then bumped into Twilight as she had heard her master was back from her mission.

"Master Celestia, I heard that you were back," spoke Twilight.

Celestia saw her student as she couldn't help but have tears form in her eyes.

"So, did you capture Gunray? Were you successful? Did--"

Twilight was cut off as Celestia wrapped her arms around the girl. She pulled her in close as if she was afraid that if she let go of the embrace, she would lose Twilight just like Nahdar. Twilight was stunned by what her master was doing when she heard sniffles coming from Celestia as she was crying her eyes out.

"Master?" spoke Twilight as she looked up to see her teacher holding the girl tightly.

"Master, are you okay?"

"Twilight, wanting something does not give you the right to have it," spoked Celestia as she pulled back and bent down to one knee as she looked at her student. She ran her hand on the girl's head as she rubbed it, all the while Twilight was concerned for her master as she was drying up her tears.

"Promise me, you will not forget that advice."

"Yes, master," spoke Twilight.

"Good, I'm grateful that you're my student. And I pray that you'll be here when the war ends, cause truth be told, I couldn't bear to lose you." said the Jedi Master as she hugged the girl once more.

"Celestia?" said Twilight as she could hear her teacher cry a bit more as it got her to also shed some tears of her own. She now held onto her teacher as if she was her mother.

"I'm grateful you're my teacher. And I don't want to lose you either," said the lavender girl.

The two stood there as both letting their emotions out as they cried and held each other. Sometimes you need to let out some tears to show just how much you care for someone and how much they matter to you.

PreviousChapters Next