• Published 20th Nov 2021
  • 2,450 Views, 857 Comments

Star Wars: The Great War - ShootingStar25



You've heard it time and time again. The Force surrounds us and binds the galaxy together. Well, that hits both hard and true. The time for survival is now and may the Force guide us to a better tomorrow.

  • ...
1
 857
 2,450

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 47: Landing at Point Rain

Believe in yourself or no one else will.

Recap: Counterattack! With the clone army stretched in a desperate attempt to engage General Grievous' starfleet, Separatist planets that were once thought secure are now rising up against the Republic. On Geonosis, Separatist leader Poggle the Lesser, safe in his newly ray-shielded factories, creates thousands of terrible new weapons which march off the assembly line against the outnumbered clone army. The Jedi, resolute in their effort to restore order to the Republic mount a massive invasion to retake Geonosis and shut down Poggle's factories of terror once and for all.

Emerging from space were tons of Republic cruisers as our heroes were looking to mount a full-scale invasion of the planet Geonosis. After gaining the info from Padme, they now had their target in sight.

"I cannot believe we're back here again," stated Obi-wan as he was reminded of the initial battle that kickstarted the clone wars. Not to mention the arena fight that took place between the Jedi and droids.

"Indeed, the last time me and my sister came with Windu to save you and Anakin from the dreadful arena," stated Luna as she made her presence known. "We lost a lot of Jedi that day. And I'm thankful I told my student to stay behind. I can only imagine if he was there that day, he might have not come back at all. And now we're back."

Luna was reminiscing the fight that took place in the arena. Once they found out that Obi-wan, Anakin, and Padme were trapped. Master Windu led a team of about 200 Jedi composed of all the Jedi Masters, but mostly composed of Jedi Knights and senior padawans. Though they all fought bravely to free them, they were outnumbered and only roughly about 30 of them remained after the others were killed. This was the reason why they had so few Jedi trying to cover all parts of the galaxy in this war. Both Celestia and Luna were chosen to be part of the strike team that day, but they made the call to not allow their students to go. And to be honest, they made the right call. Cause if either of them had been there that day, no doubt, they too would have joined the massive field of dead Jedi in that arena. As a result, once both Jedi Masters returned, they each began strict training for their students so that if they were caught in a situation like that, they could survive.

"It is unfortunate. The resistance from the native Geonosians was stronger than we anticipated," stated Jedi Master Ki-Adi-Mundi.

"The same can be said for their loyalty to Count Dooku," said Obi-wan.

"A fact that is often overlooked," replied Mundi to his fellow Jedi Master.

"Hope we're not late, Master," stated Storm as the boy walked in with Twilight accompanying him.

"Right on time, Storm," said Luna with a smile. She glanced over at Twilight for a quick session as her expression changed from a smile to a scowl.

"So, what's the plan?" asked the boy.

"That will be discussed, once Skywalker appears," said Luna turning her face back into a smile as she addressed her student. However, Twilight did notice the glare the Jedi Master gave her as she didn't dare speak a word.

At that moment, the doors opened, and in came Anakin and Ahsoka.

"You're late," replied Obi-wan to his student. Both Storm and Luna chuckled a bit.

"Sorry, Master. Ahsoka and I were busy routing the seppies near Dorin," replied the Jedi Knight.

"My squadron alone had 55 kills," stated Ahsoka.

"Yeah, but mine had 76," bragged Anakin.

"Show-off," scoffed the Padawan.

"I'm glad you two are enjoying yourselves," said Kenobi with some disdain in his voice.

"It's just a little friendly competition, Master. Nothing to worry about," assured Anakin to his teacher.

"What I worry about is the way this war seems to be drawing out with no end in sight," replied Obi-wan.

"Which is why it is crucial our invasion of Geonosis meets with success," stated Master Mundi.

"Agreed. Ahsoka, contact the Outer Rim command. We're ready for our briefing." ordered Anakin.

"They're already waiting for us."

The whole group was now in the communications as they were having a small meeting. Joining them via hologram was Jedi Masters Windu, Yoda, Unduli, as well as the Chancellor.

"Our ships are in position, and we are ready to begin our campaign against the Geonosians," said Obi-wan as he finished relaying the details.

"And what about Poggle? Any report on his location?" asked Windu.

"It seems he's holed up at the primary droid foundry here. The factory is protected by a shield generator. Anakin, Storm, Luna, Ki-Adi, and I shall attempt a three-pronged attack through their defense lines to a staging area just short of the shield. Once we have landed, we shall knock out the shield generator. That is our primary target."

"Isn't it risky committing five generals to one area of the attack? If something went wrong, we could be dealt a serious blow," said the Chancellor as he was concerned about the plan of attack.

"To ensure that rise again Geonosis does not, capture Poggle we must," replied Yoda.

"Of course. As always, I shall leave the strategy to you, Master Jedi."

"Our thanks, Chancellor," said Kenobi.

"May the Force be with you," said Windu as the transmission ended.

At that moment, came four Clone commanders. Rex, Cody, Sark, and Jet all appeared before their generals to discuss the plan.

"Good, Cody. These are the coordinates for the rendezvous," said Obi-wan as he saw his right-hand man and pointed at the map.

"Yes, sir," said Cody as he began to discuss the plan, "When we hit the ground, we'll create a perimeter. Getting past their defenses here will be the trick. General Mundi and Luna will come across the defensive lines from the north. We will make our assault through the middle. General Skywalker and Storm will make their attack on the defensive lines from the south, and we will meet at the rendezvous point at 0700 exactly."

"If we meet with strong resistance and are forced down away from the landing zone, hold out until we join our forces before attacking the shield generator," stated Mundi.

"Their front lines are heavily fortified. Look at that giant wall with all the gun emplacements," said Twilight as she pointed to the image on the map.

"That won't be easy to get past," stated Ahsoka.

"Don't worry. We're not going anywhere near that."

"Come now. What happened to all the enthusiasm I saw earlier?" mocked Kenobi at how his student acted.

"Don't worry about us. You just make sure you get yourself to that landing zone in one piece," replied Anakin to his teacher with a smile.

"I shall be waiting for you when you finally arrive," said Kenobi to his student.

"Just make sure you can keep up, old man," snickered Storm.

"Gentlemen, if you are quite finished, we have a battle to begin," said Master Unduli as she was trying to get the trio's attention back to the matter at hand.

"Quite right. Cody, prep the gunships. I'll meet you in the hangar." said Kenobi.


The whole group disbursed as they began to prep themselves for the invasion. In the hangar, Luna had managed to meet up with Storm to talk.

"Remember, Storm. The moment, the moment, we're in the air and we reach the planet's surface. We're going to be vulnerable. This is different than what you're used to. This is an invasion, not a rescue mission, not a defensive fight, this is an invasion. That alone means this fight will be much more violent than you're used to."

"I understand, Master. I'll make sure that I don't get shot."

"Good, I only hope that you make it through this battle."

"You mean, we make it through this alive?" corrected the boy.

"Yes. Good luck. And may the Force be with you." said Luna.

"Always," replied the Jedi Knight.

He then proceeded to walk towards his gunship as Twilight was waiting for him. Luna saw the girl as the glare from before returned when she saw the student of her sister.

Do not distract my student from his destiny, Twilight.

The Jedi Master then left to board her gunship. She had grabbed Sark, Ricochet, and Claude as the clone squad was going with their general to aid in the invasion. At that same time, Obi-wan was shown about to board his ship as he was talking with Cody.

"No, sir, I wasn't involved in the first assault on Geonosis," said the clone commander.

"You didn't miss much. Last time, I was chained to a pole and attacked by several humongous monsters," recalled Kenobi as he remembered the arena.

"That sounds... entertaining," said Cody.

"It was... for the Geonosians," replied Kenobi as the doors closed and the ship took off.

The hangar doors opened as the gunships carrying Obi-wan and his forces were shown, as well as the ones carrying the tanks. They were all flying towards their destination. True to Luna's word, not a moment did they exit did the enemy begin to fire.

The sky battle had begun as both sides returned shots. Obi-wan felt his ship rock as it wobbled back and forth. And just like that, casualties started to occur. The Geonosians and the droids were taking out the gunships like flies. The droids flew in from behind as they began to fire at the Republic forces.

'We all ready, Rex?" asked Anakin as he and Ahsoka were the last ones to board their ship.

"Yes, sir. General Kenobi is already underway."

"He's got a head start. We'll have to catch up," stated Storm as the ship they were all on took off.

Their section now exited the hangar as they were immediately caught in the crossfire.

"Good luck, Generals," said the admiral to both Luna and Mundi.

"There is no such thing as luck," replied Mundi as their ship took off as did their section.

Now all three forces that held our heroes were in the line of sight.

"Good thing those bugs can't aim," said a clone as he noticed a small group of fighters miss a nearby ship. Not a second later, did their ship blow up.

And that was just a precursor of things that were about to occur. The ship, Ahsoka, Twilight, Anakin, and Storm were all rocking back and forth rigorous. Then they were hit. Their ship was shown having smoke and fire from the side as they began to lose altitude. All around them, their forces and tanks were blown up. Their ship fell to the floor, and they crashed hard into the ground.

"The flak is too heavy," said Mundi as he and Luna could see what was happening.

"We're down. Repeat, down. Location, five..." said a clone through the comlink before it cut off.

"I just lost contact with Storm and Skywalker's team," stated Commander Jet to both Jedi Masters.

"Oh no!" said Luna as she was now worried for her student.

"Come on, get up! We have to keep moving," said Anakin as he struggled to get up. He managed to slide open the door as they were welcome to some gunfire waiting for them.

"Here they come. Watch it. Watch it!" shouted some clones.

The ringing was heard in Storm's head as he and everybody else was covered in dirt. The boy put his hand to his head to stop it as his vision was blurry for a second. His Jedi instincts went off as a shot sailed towards him. The Jedi Knight quickly moved his head as the laser went past him and hit a clone in the face as down he went. The boy was that close to being killed as he immediately was pulled to the floor. More clones near him were shot as the spray of fire from the enemy continued.

Storm looked as it turned out Twilight had saved her partner as she dropped to the floor when Anakin opened the door to avoid getting shot and killed. The girl looked at her partner as the expression of fear was on her face. The sound of blasts echoed around as well as explosions. The atmosphere, the environment, the situation, they were in, all of it got terror to invoke on the princess' face. The fear of death slowly closing in, and about to collect the souls of our heroes.

The boy could see the dirt and fear that the girl had. The only thing he did was reach his hand out to grab Twilight's as he looked to offer some comfort to his partner. The princess felt the grip of her partner as she looked at him. For a second, she too could see the slight fear of Storm's partner as he too, was scared. Despite, all that, Storm did his best to put on a brave face for the princess. He mouthed some words to her that they were going to survive this.

While Twilight was still scared, the words and expression that was given by her partner seemed to give her some hope. Hope that they would survive and that they would live. With a nod, the girl took a deep breath. Both then turned on their lightsabers as they were about to engage. The pair stood up as they immediately blocked a wide array of shots that would have killed them if they didn't time their blocks perfectly. With that small window, they rolled forward and began to charge while deflecting blasts as their minds were back in the fight.

"They're falling back. Come on!" shouted Ahsoka to the clones as her friends cleared part of the path by cutting down some Geonosians in their way.

Back in the air, it wasn't going any better as more gunships were being destroyed.

"Get the tanks on the ground now!" shouted Mundi.

Soon he and Luna felt their ship getting shot down. A shot connected as now they had some and fire as they were heading to the ground at a fast speed. Eventually, they hit the ground as an explosion occurred.

"Cody, get the tanks down. Come in, Cody," said Commander Jet through his comlink.

With the clone commander and Kenobi, they were still ahead of their allies, heading to the drop zone.

"Cody, come in! Get the tanks down!" shouted Sark through his comlink to his pal as they were about to hit the ground.

"Copy that. Pilot, begin landing sequence," said the clone commander.

"Copy that, commander. Have fun down there."

Cody's section touched down on the drop zone as the tanks began to fire. Once more, our heroes were welcome to an array of firepower from the enemy as they mowed down the clones as they exited from the gunships before they could have a chance to fight back.

"Move it! Move it! Here they come. Bugs incoming. Man down! Man down!"

All of it was going to hell fast. More casualties were being suffered on our heroes' side.

"General Kenobi, don't land! The zone is hot!" shouted Cody through his comlink as more explosions went off.

"But there's nowhere else to go," replied Obi-wan as they had no choice or risk getting blown up. Soon some Geonosians flew by as they fired at the ship containing the Jedi Master. "We're hit. We're going down. Brace yourselves!"

And just like that, Obi-wan's ship hit hard. his ship crashed as an explosion occurred just like the others. Now all three sections that carried our heroes were down and out as the enemy was about to overrun all of them. They were all separated and cut off from each other as the enemy was prepared for their invasion. The perfect way to describe all that had happened was: D-Day.


"General! General Luna!" shouted Sark as he and his men were looking for their leader.

"General!"

A groan was heard as all three clones rushed in the direction. The trio of clones came across their general as Luna was leaning up against a part of a ship as she clutched her side.

"General, are you alright?" asked Claude as he helped the Jedi Master.

"Yes, nothing... too bruised," said the girl as the clone gave a healing sim that was given to him by Twilight in case of emergency.

"Thank you. What's the status of our assault?" asked Luna.

"Not good, sir. We've lost almost all our forces. And... we still haven't heard from General Skywalker or Storm." said Ricochet.

"I see," said Luna as a part of her prayed that her student was still alive. "Either way, the mission continues."

The clones and Jedi Master then made it to where Master Mundi and the remainder of their forces were.

"What are our losses, captain?" asked Master Mundi.

"We got hit pretty hard. I think only Kenobi's forces made it through the flak to the landing zone," replied Commander Jet.

"And what about Skywalker and Storm?"

"Captain Rex reported they're still in the middle of a firefight. Their tanks are gone, and they're trying to contact General Kenobi's forces for support. In the meantime, they'll press on to the rendezvous point."

"That's good to hear," said Luna as she was glad to know her student was still alive and fighting back.

"Load the injured onto the tanks," replied Master Mundi.

"We'll make for that ridge. With any luck, we can meet up with the boys on their way to Kenobi's position," said Luna.

Back with the boys and girls, they were still in the middle of combat. They were all deflecting the massive machine gun fire that was aimed at them and their forces. Rex was shown approaching them as he took cover behind the ridge the Jedi were on top of.

"Okay, Cody. I'll speak with General Skywalker."

"Rex, what's the word? Can Obi-Wan send support or not?" asked Anakin as he blocked more shots.

"I don't think so, sir. Cody says General Kenobi never reached the landing site. They think his gunship got shot down."

"And Luna?!" asked Storm as all the Jedi fell back into the ridge to avoid getting shot.

"Nothing. I fear them too might have been shot down!" replied Rex over the sounds of the shots flying past their heads.

"Great. The one time I actually ask Obi-Wan for help, he's nowhere to be found," grunted Anakin.

"What if something happened to General Kenobi? He could be injured or..."

"No time for that kind of talk. We need to mobilize now. Get the men together. We're gonna rush the guns." said Anakin cutting off his padawan and giving Rex his orders.

"Yes, sir."

"Girls, you're with us. We need to give Rex cover when we attack," informed Storm.

"Got it. Just give the word," assured Twilight.

"I'm worried about him too. But you have to keep your mind in the here and now, otherwise, we'll never be able to help Obi-Wan," said Anakin to Ahsoka as he could see she was still worried about the Jedi Master.

"All here, sir," said Rex as he rounded up the men.

"Ready?" asked Anakin as they all nodded. "NOW!"

All of them then emerged from the trench as the Jedi began to lead the charge.

"Take 'em out. Take 'em all!" shouted the clones.

Our heroes kept low to the ground while deflecting as they advanced. The clones behind them continued to fire as some of them were taken out by the gunfire.

With Cody, he had the tanks form in a circle to give them more protection. His men were still firing from behind the cover as one of them was scanning a nearby gunship.

"Not good. The bugs are splitting up," said the scout to the commander.

"Boil reporting as ordered, sir. Waxer reporting as ordered, sir." said the two clones as they appeared.

"We have a downed gunship 5 klicks east. We believe it's General Kenobi's. I need you to get out there and check for survivors." said Cody to his men.

"Sir, yes, sir!" replied both of them as they ran forward. The pair was dodging shots and jumping over explosions as they approached the gunship.

"Why do we always get the fun missions?" asked Waxer.

"This isn't the fun part. Getting back to the square is the fun part," answered Boil.

The pair then began to pry the doors as they slid open. Upon light entering, Kenobi was leaning against the wall covered in dirt as the Jedi Master put his hand to cover his eyes.

"Waxer, Boil, am I glad to see you. Trapper and I are the only ones still alive," said Kenobi as they helped the injured Jedi Master and comrade up.

"Good to see you, sir. Commander Cody's established the square just beyond this position. The bugs are on the move and trying to surround us as we speak, sir." said Waxer.

"They've got the General," said the clone looking through the binoculars as he saw Waxer and Boil making their way back.

"AT-TE 636, lay down cover fire at point 3-5!" instructed Cody.

The Geonosians were approaching them as they rode on speeder bikes and fired. They were being accompanied by droid tanks as the massive force looked to eliminate them.

"Take it down! Take it down!" shouted some clones as they ran past Kenobi to give them more coverfire.

All the while, the Jedi Master could hear and see the carnage that was happening around him.

"Are you injured, General?" asked Cody as they made it back to their small base.

"No, nothing too serious. What's the situation here?"

"We've got no air cover, four generals on the ground beyond our position, and a mess of bugs surrounding us. The enemy was more than prepared for our attack, sir. They knew our every move." said Cody as that line rang true for all to hear.

"I'm sure General Skywalker, Storm, Luna, and General Mundi will make it to our position. We just have to make sure we're still here when they arrive," stated Obi-wan.


Elsewhere, Luna and Mundi were still trekking forward as they too were injured. The pair was cutting down some pillars in the hopes that they could leave a trail for others to track them. While they were pushing forward, Commander Jet was contacting Admiral Yularen.

"Negative, captain. We will be unable to provide any air support at this time," stated the admiral as he and his cruisers were still fighting the enemies in the air.

"I understand that, sir. But we have 3 attack forces on the ground and only one at the landing zone," replied the commander at how they were severely outnumbered at the moment.

"This is a planetary-wide invasion, captain. If I devote resources to your position, it will mean sacrificing other areas of the campaign. All we can do at this time is help you find General Skywalker." said the admiral as that was all he could do to avoid them losing the invasion outright.

"All right, sir. I'll report to the Generals. Commander Jet out."

"Give me every fighter you can scrape up. Have you located General Skywalker's position?" said Admiral Yularen to the clone navigator as they approached the map.

"We think he's somewhere along the Eastern barrier," said the clone navigator as he pointed at the spot on the holomap.

"That's not a barrier. It's a fortress," said the admiral as it turns out the place where the boys and girls were located and heading towards was the wall of guns that Ahsoka mentioned earlier.

At that moment, our group rounded through a small cavern as they saw the wall of guns. Not a second later did droids appear at the top of the wall and began to fire with the guns on it as well. The group split to the side as more clones were shot down before they could act.

"Well, this is another fine mess you've gotten us into!" shouted Ahsoka to her master.

"What? Hey, it's not my fault. You were supposed to study the holomaps just like Twilight did!" responded Anakin at the attitude he was being given by his padawan.

"I did! Remember when I reminded you about the giant wall, and you said, 'Don't worry, Snips. We won't be anywhere near that'." mocked the girl.

"Just get ready to climb," shouted Storm.

"Climb? What do you mean, climb?!!!" yelled Twilight with worry in her voice.

With Luna and Mundi, the pair was along a mountain path. Commander Jet then caught up to inform the Jedi Masters.

"Generals, I left a squad to protect the tanks. Are you sure this is the shortest way to the landing zone?"

"No, I'm not sure, commander. All I can do is trust my instincts," said Mundi as he began to head in.

"Move it, men!" shouted Luna to the rest of the clones as she too entered.

The clones that accompanied them began to follow the Jedi Masters as they turned to enter a dark cave. The pair turned on their lightsabers as they were in the front cautiously leading the way. The troopers had their guns out and pointed at their surroundings. As they got further in, both Jedi Masters sensed something as they told the group to stop.

"Wait a minute, wait a minute. I have a wing vibration up ahead," said Commander Sark as his helmet transmitted a signal.

At that moment, something attacked them. Turns out that the cave the Jedi Masters led the clones through was home to some Geonosian flyers as they appeared and began to attack the clones with some flying off with them into the dark. The clones began to fire at the incoming swarm.

"Don't stop. We must push on," stated Mundi as he saved his clone commander from a Geonosian.

"Forward!" shouted Luna as she immediately cut the head off of three Geonosian flyers without mercy.


"So what's the plan, Generals?" asked Rex as he handed backpacks to both Ahsoka and Anakin.

"Just keep us covered, Rex. There's too much laser fire for all of us to make the climb. The four of us will handle this. Just be ready when that wall comes down." stated Anakin.

The Jedi then ran out from their cover as the clones provided some coverfire. All four ran and leaped over the explosions as they were making their way towards the wall to their side. All around, more of their troops fell. Eventually, the four all made it as they fired some grappling hooks and began to climb the wall.

With Luna and Mundi, they were still dealing with the swarm of Geonosians. The enemy was fighting back as they fired some shots that took out more of the clones.

"There's too many!" shouted Claude.

He was unaware of a Geonosian that snuck up and pinned him down to the ground. Before he was about to be killed, he was saved by Sark as he managed to look out for his men. More appeared, as a shot bounced in between the ones that appeared as they fell like dominos. The pair looked to see that Ricochet had managed to save them. Luna flung her lightsaber as she chopped some more heads of Geonosians that were in a row as it returned to her hands.

"Come on, men!" shouted Luna to her three loyal clones.

"Yes, General!" shouted the trio as they got to a knee next to their leader, and the four began to work in sync.

Both sides exchanged blows as more soldiers dropped. Luna put her hand out as she had a section of the swarm in her Force grip. She concentrated and closed her fist as the Jedi Master managed to apply pressure to their bodies and soon exploded. Once more the Jedi Master advanced with her men as they continued to mow down the enemy.

"Claude! Burn them down!" ordered Luna.

"Yes, General!" said the clone as he pulled out the flamethrower that he had been given and aimed it out. He pulled the trigger as fire shot out and made contact with the insects as they began to burn alive and cry out.

The same thing was happening with the boys and girls. All four made it up the wall and climb the wall that towered the droids as their attention was diverted. Now the Jedi were deflecting shots from the droids as they took the pressure off of their troops down below.

"How many droids have you shot down so far?" asked Anakin as he kept on deflecting.

"25," said Ahsoka.

"Only 25? Please, I got 30," bragged Storm.

"Ah, you're falling behind," mocked Anakin.

"It's not a competition," said Twilight, she wasn't taking part.

"Yes, it is, Sparky! Now hurry up and shoot more droids down. Because I don't want our team to lose."

"Team? What do you mean, team?" shouted the girl.

"Before we left, me and Anakin did an extra competition. It's to see who's the better pair up? Me and you, or him and Ahsoka. Whoever gets the most point added together wins!"

"I didn't consent to that! Besides, who said you could speak on my behalf!" shouted Twilight as she deflected another shot and took out a droid.

"Settle down, princess. I need to focus!" shouted Storm as he went back to deflecting more shots.

"Why do you do these things?!!" mumbled Twilight to herself as she had another reason as to why she couldn't get her partner out of her head.

Soon all four leaped down to the wall as they kept on deflecting. Some of the droids returned their attention to the clones below as they kept on firing. Rex appeared from behind his cover as he aimed and took out some guns on the wall.

"Focus on the droids on the top of the wall," said Rex as he noticed the enemy was starting to march forward to the Jedi and were going to overwhelm them. He then began to run towards the wall they climbed earlier as he looked to make his way to aid them.

With Obi-wan...

"Man down!" shouted a clone as one of his comrades was on the floor.

It wasn't going any better as his forces were dropping quickly. Once more, the enemy was overwhelming our heroes as all three sections were dealing with their own problems while trying to survive.


Back with the boys and girls, their clones on the ground were almost wiped out as more fell. They did manage to finally clear the top of all the droids as they sliced them down.

"Look for a hatch. We need to put the explosives inside the wall," said Anakin to all of them as they turned off their lightsabers.

"Found one," said Ahsoka as a hatch opened up behind her and Twilight.

A Destroy droid popped out and pointed its guns at the padawan. Anakin looked to help his student when a hatch opened behind him as another one popped out. All four now stood with two on each side as they deflected the rapid succession of fire by the droids. The droid was closing in as on Ahsoka and Storm's side when they saw Rex. The clone had managed to climb the wall and get to their position as he silently entered the droid's shield and blasted it from the inside.

The droid stumbled as it was killed and fired some last-minute shots as it hit the shield of the other which, Anakin and Twilight ducked. The shots stumbled the other droid as both Jedi Knights rolled and were under the droid as they pointed their lightsabers upwards to destroy the droid. At that moment, the hatch in front of them opened up.

"Did you get them?" asked a commander droid as his head popped out. He then turned around and saw the Jedi.

"Catch."

"Huh? Wha..." said the droid as Anakin flung his back into his arms. "No!" shouted the droid as Anakin used the Force to fling him down into the hatch as Ahsoka tossed her backpack into the hole as well.

"Come on, Rex."

"Up and away," said Ahsoka as she and Anakin used the Force to fling the clone into the air.

The clone commander was caught off guard as soon all four of them leaped off the wall.

"Help!" shouted the droid as his head popped out one last time before the explosion went off.

As the Jedi were falling, the wall exploded. Rex was screaming his head off as he waved his arms about. Soon all four Jedi landed safely on their feet as Anakin looked up and put his arm out to his side. Just inches before Rex hit the ground, he stopped in the air as he then landed softly. At that moment, more of the debris of the explosion was starting to fall on them. All four Jedi put their hands above as it came tumbling down.

Some dirt spread out as the clones on the ground looked away. Emerging from the dirt where the Jedi and Rex as they were covered in more dirt than before.

"Next time, just tell me to jump," said Rex.

"Now, where's the fun in that?" mocked Anakin as he helped his clone commander up.

"I can't wait to take a shower after this," said Twilight as her hair was all covered in dirt.

"Calm yourself, princess. A little dirt won't kill you," stated Storm as he was used to getting messy.

"Come on, we can't keep Obi-Wan waiting," exclaimed Anakin as the group now began to make their way past the wall.

"You heard him, lads. Let's go!" shouted Rex to the men as they stepped through the hole and continued forward.

With Luna and Mundi, the pair and their soldiers had managed to get through the cave as they were about to breach the other side.

"We're almost through. Bring in the flame throwers!" shouted Mundi.

The clones holding said weapons appeared at the front of the line. Like before, with Luna, they pulled the trigger and began to burn their foes alive in front of them. They dropped to the ground and squirmed a bit before their bodies flinched and held in place. The sounds of shrieking could be heard.

"Look, what's that?" shouted Ahsoka.

The group was directly below the Jedi Masters as they saw the opening of the cave they were about to come out of as well as the fire. Soon both Luna and Mundi emerged slicing down the last Geonosians.

"Master Mundi, Master Luna, do you read me?" said Anakin as he contacted the Jedi Masters through his comlink.

"We are here, Skywalker. We took a slight detour that put us out of communications for a bit," replied Mundi as he and Luna could see the group below them.

"This has been a day for detours, Master," replied Storm.

"Indeed. But now the road is clear. We can see the landing zone. It does not look good." said Luna as she and Mundi looked in the distance to see smoke coming from Obi-wan's position.

"Can you get me Admiral Yularen?" asked Anakin to Rex.

Above in the atmosphere, the Republic cruisers managed to deal with the resistance as Anakin made contact.

"Admiral, we're at the breaking point. You've got to get some fighters down here.'

"You are in luck, General Skywalker. I have one squadron available."

The Geonosians and droids were still firing at Obi-wan's group. The ones on speeder bikes were circling as they took shots against the Republic forces. However, Obi-wan's forces had reached their limit as they had but a handful of clones left.

"Retreat! Go, go, go, go! Every shot counts! Give it all you got!" shouted the clones.

The small handful that remained had nowhere to go. They all backed up into the barrels that Kenobi was resting on as they were surrounded. The Jedi Master was still hurt as he struggled to stand up. He struggled, even more, to pick up his lightsaber and turn it on. It seemed that the Jedi Master and his troops were about to be overrun and killed. When at that moment, something caught their attention.

"Reinforcements! The reinforcements have arrived!" shouted a clone as he pointed in the distance.

Coming from a direction was the squadron sent by the admiral as they zoomed by and did an airstrike on the enemy. The Y-fighters bombed the area in front of the Jedi Master and his troops, taking out some tanks. The clones began to cheer as their morale increased and Kenobi slumped back to the ground.

"Go, go, go, go! Move it! Move it! You heard him, lads, let's go! Up to the front!" shouted the clones.

Soon, the rest of his allies appeared as they made their way toward their injured comrade.

"Come on! Hurry, hurry! There they are. Move it, move it!" shouted more clones as they rushed to help Obi-wan and his forces.

"Master Kenobi," said Ahsoka as she and Twilight helped him to stand.

"Well, what happened to you?" asked Anakin.

"I might ask you two the same question," replied Obi-wan with a smile as he saw how dirty his friends were.


After a brief rest that everyone need, the entire group now began to plan their final push. Obi-wan now began to relay the plan of attack to everyone as he was slumped against the crates.

"Our combined forces should be enough to destroy the shield generator. Anakin and Storm, you both will need to take a small squad through the shield, as close as you can get to their gun emplacements. From there, you'll be able to temporarily jam their scanners so they are unable to target the incoming tanks. Once the tanks knock out the shield, Master Mundi and Luna can bring the rest of the troops in with the gunships."

"Consider it done, Master," said Anakin.

The group now began to move out. Looking from a pair of binoculars was a clone as he could see the droid factory and the shield it was hiding behind.

"All units are in position, sir," replied the clone to Master Mundi.

"Tell Skywalker and Storm to start the attack," stated the Jedi Master to Commander Jet as he contacted the boys.

"Begin the attack," relayed the clone to the Jedi Knights.

Both turned on their lightsabers as they charged forward with their squad of clones. The scene panned out to show them running with their squad as they entered inside the shield. The clones were firing at any Geonosians that tried to fly above and attack. Of course, it wasn't without any resistance. The enemy was fighting back as they dropped some clones while some were carried off by the insects. For the Jedi, they were deflecting the shots while trying to lead their men deeper into enemy territory.

They soon approached a bridge as explosions went off around them, taking out more clones and dwindling their squad. Eventually, the girls joined in from another direction as they met up with their pals as they all began to run up a slope. They all came to some rocks and they quickly slid behind them while all taking deep breaths as their adrenaline was racing. Anakin peaked out to see the cannons firing at their position.

"Let's jam their scanners," instructed Anakin to his pals.

"Droid poppers ready," stated Storm as he handed one to each of them.

All four then threw the EMPs as hard as they could. The small bombs landed near the Geonosians as they went off. It didn't affect them, but it made a loud noise as the guns short-circuited.

"Looks like it's working," said Ahsoka as she peaked to look.

"It won't last long. Bring up the tanks," said Anakin through his comlink.

The shield was slowly dropping as the AT-TE walkers appeared. They all aimed their cannons at the stronghold as they began to fire and destroy the weapons. Shot after shot, explosion after explosion, until suddenly, the stronghold started to shake and crumble. Bits and pieces of it started to break and fall. Some of them fell on the Geonosians that were still firing as they were crushed by the falling debris. With the shield now fully out, the gunships were shown entering its space and firing to finish off any remaining forces. Out emerged Luna and Mundi as they had their lightsabers out and began to engage with their troops. They soon met up with the Jedi Knights and Padawan as they sliced some more Geonosians. Soon the remaining enemy all simply put their hands up as they officially surrendered.

With the remaining enemy in custody, the Jedi and their troops were now looking to rest. After the brutal, brutal, campaign that they all encountered, they needed some time before they could take the factory just beyond their position. For now, they were taking as much rest as they could before the next fight.


Anakin was shown helping Obi-wan as he had his master's arm over his shoulder. He was approaching a gunship as the rest of them were nearby.

"So, Master, what was your total?" asked Ahsoka as she wanted to hear the final results of their little competition.

"Not now, Ahsoka," said the Jedi Knight as he was helping his teacher into the gunship.

"Come on. Are you afraid you lost this time?" taunted the padawan as that got Anakin's attention.

"Fine. 55, that's my count. And you?" bragged Anakin hoping to silence his padawan.

"60. Looks like I won," said the girl with a smile as she managed to beat her teacher.

"Yeah, but I called in the airstrike. Tie," said Anakin as he so badly didn't want to damage his ego by losing to his student.

"You're impossible," chuckled Ahsoka at how her own master didn't like to lose.

"Well, you both lost. Cause guess what number I got... 69! Nice!" said Storm as he was proud of that.

Ahsoka merely rolled her eyes as she left. Twilight just face-palmed herself at how immature her partner was for saying that.

"Boys," mumbled Twilight.

"I'll never understand how you can simplify these battles into some kind of game," said Obi-wan to both of his pals.

Anakin then handed his teacher to be helped by Mundi as the Jedi Knights looked at the Jedi Masters who were aboard the gunship.

"Take care of yourselves. I expect to see all of you back here by the time we've destroyed the main factory," said Anakin to the Jedi Masters.

"We shall do our best," said Luna.

"65, Skywalker," stated Master Mundi.

"I'm sorry?" said Anakin as he was confused.

"My total. 65. So what do I win?" said Master Mundi as he managed to get a higher score than Anakin.

Safe to say, the Jedi Knight was left stunned as now only did he tie with his Padawan, but his best friend beat him as well as Master Mundi. He looked at Obi-wan as the Jedi Master smiled at seeing his student lose the game they all took part in.

"My everlasting respect, Master Mundi," smiled the Jedi Knight as he showed good sportsmanship in a well-played competition.

"Oh," said the Jedi Master with a smile.

"That is a gift Anakin rarely bestows, I assure you," smiled Kenobi.

"Well, guess what that means. I still got the highest score!" shouted Storm as he thrust his arms out in celebration. "I not only beat Anakin but a Jedi Master! My training is getting better every day."

"It's not a competition!" assured Twilight.

"Come on, Sparky. How many did you get?" asked the boy.

"67," answered the girl truthfully while blinking.

"That's my girl!" stated Storm as he was proud of Twilight. "Add the total points me and she has, and our score is higher than Anakin and Ahsoka. Team Storm and Sparky for the win!"

Once again, Twilight facepalmed herself at how her partner was acting like a boy. Eventually, she let out a sigh and a small smile.

"New generation: 1, Old people: 0," said Storm as he pointed to the Jedi Masters as he classified them as old. "I'm one step closer to becoming a Jedi Master. Come on, Luna. Aren't you proud of me?"

"80," assured Luna with a smile.

At that moment, Storm's expression dropped as his hand slowly fell.

"I may be old, Storm. But I'm not that old," smiled Luna smugly as the Jedi Master was still fairly young for her age. "You still have a lot to learn, my student."

The doors then closed at that moment, as the ship carrying the Jedi Masters flew away. Anakin then walked off as Twilight approached her partner and put her hand on his shoulder. Storm was still in shock at hearing his Master's score as he couldn't believe it.

"Second place, ain't bad," said Twilight with a smile.

"Fuck you, Luna!!!" echoed Storm's voice as the Jedi Master could hear it as she smiled.

Author's Note:

Talk about putting the war in Clone Wars. As you can see, this episode/chapter is one of the more violent battles to take place. Part of the reason is that this was George Lucas' attempt at a D-Day episode. He stocked piled a bunch of footage from war movies like Saving Private Ryan, Blackhawk Down, etc. and he literally cut that episode together out of live-action footage. Which is why there are the scenes are as graphic as they could be when reading and watching it.

Anyways, I'll leave you with that bit of knowledge and catch you all in the next chapter.

PreviousChapters Next