• Published 20th Nov 2021
  • 2,450 Views, 857 Comments

Star Wars: The Great War - ShootingStar25



You've heard it time and time again. The Force surrounds us and binds the galaxy together. Well, that hits both hard and true. The time for survival is now and may the Force guide us to a better tomorrow.

  • ...
1
 857
 2,450

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 62: In Cahoots

With dinner ending, everyone retreated to their rooms to tuck in for the night. The girls were looking forward to exploring the town as Twilight promised to give them a tour.

Storm was walking along the hall as he was making his way to his room. The boy was passing by some curtains as soon he felt himself being yanked. He was pulled into the curtains by a hand as it was none other than Twilight herself. The two teens were up close as their faces were inches from each other.

"Sparky, the fu--" started Storm before Twilight put both of her hands on his mouth to silence him.

The boy used his eyes to communicate with the girl as gestured her head to the side. Soon the sounds of footsteps were heard. Passing by were some guards as they were on patrol. After dinner was over, Twilight wanted a chance to talk with her partner. But Night Light was very strict with his daughter about meeting with her bodyguard so late as he feared it might lead to something intimate. So once the princess found the opportunity to slip away and sneak from the guards, she began to find her partner.

The princess knew where her partner's room was as she waited for him. Sure enough, Storm came walking along as she made her move and grabbed the Jedi Knight. The footsteps of the guards soon trailed away as Twilight sighed and removed her hands from Storm's mouth.

"Alright, Sparky. What's going--"

Once more, Storm didn't get to speak. Twilight immediately buried her head into the boy's shirt as she embraced him. The Jedi Knight was caught off guard as he didn't expect the princess to do that. For the girl, she sighed as all the worries and stress she had earlier was being taken away just by being in the boy's presence. Storm just did nothing as he kept his arms to his side, waiting for the girl to release her hold on him.

The princess then unhooked her arms as she stared at the boy to which he had a straight look. Twilight didn't say anything else as she grabbed Storm's hand and began to lead him away. The teens were now making their way to the secret tower as they had no trouble getting there. They climb the stairs all the while Twilight still was holding Storm's hand as they got to the top. The Jedi were now looking out to see the whole castle as the night stairs were above them.

A hooting sound was heard as approaching the teens from a distance was Twilight's owl. Owlowiscious knew its owner was home as the small bird made its way to the girl and nuzzled her face. The princess giggled as she then grabbed her owl and hugged him deeply as his feather gave her a nice feeling.

"Nice to see you, Owlowiscious."

"Hoo."

The owl then perched itself on the princess' head as saw Storm.

"Hey, little thing."

"Hoo."

"Though seriously, Sparky. You gotta give him a better name than Owlowiscious. Every time I hear you call him that, I can't help but feel you're damaging his pride."

"He likes it!" stated Twilight. "Right, Owlowiscious?"

"Hoo."

"Hoot two times if you think she's a nerd," said Storm to the owl.

"Hoo... Hoo."

Storm smiled as Twilight felt betrayed by her own pet.

"See, even he agrees with me," said the boy with a smug expression

"You're supposed to be on my side. I'm your owner," pouted Twilight as she looked away like an upset child.

"Come on, Princess. Don't act like that. You know that's what you are." said Storm keeping his smug expression.

"Well, I can say you ain't without your faults either," countered Twilight.

"Oh, yeah? Go ahead and name them," said the boy as he wanted to hear what the girl was going to say.

"Easy. You're... you're..." Twilight lost her train of thought as she looked at her partner. The princess knew exactly what she wanted to say to her partner, but yet the moment she turned to look at him, she was left speechless.

"You're...you're..."

"Hello? Hello? Sparky, you there?" said Storm as he was snapping his fingers in front of the girl's face.

"Huh?" said Twilight as she was snapped out of her trance.

"Gees, you were staring off into space for a solid minute," said Storm as Twilight was surprised to see that she had been staring at her partner for that long. "Anyways, what were you going to say?"

"N-Nevermind," said Twilight as she just brushed everything to the side.

Eventually, the pair just sat in silence as they stared up at the night sky. It was getting late as the princess was already in trouble by being with the Jedi Knight against her father's wishes. Both teens parted ways as they each retreated into their rooms and fell asleep.


The morning rays came shined down upon the entire planet of Equis. The sunny star signaled the start of a new day. The servants were already up as they were starting their daily duties. For Storm, the Jedi Knight had gotten up pretty early to start some of his exercises. After a while, the princess made her presence known. Soon both began to do their training together as they were smiling.

"Three, four, five," said Storm as he slashed and spun.

"Step left, back right," stated Twilight as she shifted her stance.

"Strike one, two, three counter." said the boy.

"Defense position, strike upwards," said the girl.

Both Jedi Knights finished their move as they each landed in the same position as they had focused looks on their faces. Clapping was heard as the teens looked to see where it was coming from. Turns out it was Twilight's little brother who had been watching his sister and her friend for some time as he was amazed by all the cool moves they did. Not to mention swinging their lightsabers around.

"Yeah, alright!" shouted Spike as he clapped his hands.

"Spike?!! What are you doing here?" asked Twilight.

"What? I wanted to watch. You guys are awesome." said the prince as he hopped off his stool and walked to the teens.

"No offense, kid. But don't you got other stuff to do, besides watching us?" stated Storm as he and Twilight put their lightsabers on their belts.

"Nope," said Spike in a nonchalant tone.

The two teens simply rolled their eyes at each other as they began to head inside the castle. Spike quickly ran after them as he wanted to ask some questions to the Jedi. The trio was walking in the hallway as Spike was bombarding the duo with things he wanted to know about Jedi.

"So can you do a triple somersault?"

"Yes," said Storm as he'd been getting slightly annoyed by the constant questions the small prince was asking him.

"How about a backflip?"

"Yes."

"Corkscrew?"

"Yes."

"How about--"

"Yes. Yes. Yes. Alright!" said Storm as the boy was getting on his nerves.

"Spike, how about a different question. One that doesn't involve you asking Storm if he can do almost any acrobatic move," said Twilight.

"Alright, let's see..." The small prince was thinking about a different question to ask. He soon noticed the lightsaber on Storm's side.

"So your lightsaber?"

"Spike! You can't hold..."

"No, no. Shut up, Sparky. If he wants to hold it then by all means." said Storm as he silenced his partner with a sinister smile. The princess glared at her partner as the Jedi Knight pulled out his weapon.

"Not what I was gonna ask, but... can I hold it, please?" said Spike as his excitement as a kid was on full display.

Storm simply dropped his weapon into Spike's hand as the weight caused the boy to fall.

"Now, I remember," said Spike as he fell due to how heavy the lightsaber was. The small prince was now doing a cartoonish pull as he tried to lift the object that planted his hands to the ground.

"Did this thing get heavier?" asked Spike while he was turning all different shades as he tried to lift it.

"Nah, you just got weaker," said Storm.

"Storm!!!" spoke Twilight as she didn't like that her partner said that comment about her brother.

"Ah, come on, Sparky. I didn't mean it like that. But you got to admit, it shut him up." said Storm as the two teens still watched the boy trying to lift the weapon. "Come on, Princess. Isn't it a bit fun to mess with your siblings?"

Twilight looked at Spike as the faces he was making trying to lift Storm's blade did get her to crack a smile a bit.

"Alright, it's a bit funny," said Twilight as she giggled at how her brother was acting.

"That's my girl," smiled Storm as soon both teenagers were laughing.

Spike was all out of breath as his hands were still stuck on the ground as the weapon forbid him from lifting them. Soon it began to move on its own as it floated back to Storm and then latched onto his side. Spike now lifted his hands as he let out a sigh of relief that the heavy object was off of him.

"Can't believe that happened again," said Spike.

"I can't believe you actually fell for that a second time," spoke Storm as Twilight couldn't help but giggle.

"Yeah, yeah, laugh it up. Anyways, what I was gonna ask is, why do you two have different colors? Don't all Jedi have the same color?" asked Spike.

"Spike, don't tell me you didn't read that book I gave you the last time I visited?" said Twilight with a stern glare at her younger sibling.

"I did... the first ten pages..." said Spike as he didn't even get a quarter of the way through the massive book that Twilight brought him to learn about lightsaber colors and what they meant on a deeper level.

"Come on, Twilight. Cut me some slack, I'm your little brother," smiled Spike trying to act all cute and innocent.

"Regardless, to answer your question, kid. No. Not all Jedi have the same colored lightsabers." said Storm.

"Why not?" asked the prince.

"Do you expect everyone to like the same flavor of ice cream?" stated Storm.

"Touché. But, what's the reason? Why does Twilight have a purple lightsaber while you don't?" said Spike as he was interested in that fact.

"One, it's because of the kyber-crystals inside them," said Storm.

"Huh?" said the boy as he was confused.

"Sparky!" shouted the Jedi Knight.

"Allow me to take it from here," said the princess to her partner as she flashed him a wink.

"You see little brother, lightsabers are used by the Jedi, Sith, and other force-users for offense and defense. These weapons consist of a plasma blade, powered by a Kyber crystal, which is emitted from a hilt and can be shut off at will. The Kyber crystals are what give lightsabers their different colors – they are rare, force-attuned crystals that grow in nature and can be found on different planets. Kyber crystals are uncolored, but once they are found by a Jedi, they take different colors."

"So, does that mean when you found yours, it became a purple lightsaber?" said Spike.

"Yup. You see lightsabers come in all different colors. Blue lightsabers are the most common ones throughout the galaxy. Blue lightsabers are said to represent righteousness and bravery, mostly by association with what the Jedi stand for, as well as the user's strong "spiritual alignment” with the crystal. They're usually designated to Jedi Guardians."

"Cool! What other colors do you guys get?" asked Spike.

"Let's see. Green lightsabers are the second most common color used by the Jedi, with this color being closely associated with the attributes of harmony, helpfulness, cooperation, spirituality, and demonstrable goodwill. They are typically used by older, wiser Jedi. And they are associated with Jedi Consulars."

"Then why's yours purple?" asked Spike to his sister.

"Because I'm my Master's star pupil," said Twilight as she was proud of that fact.

"You mean 'cause you're a nerd and kiss her ass," whispered Storm into Twilight's ear as the princess could feel the hot breath of her partner as it sent chills down her spine.

"Don't call me that!!" shouted Twilight as she looked at the boy. The princess couldn't stand her partner as the Jedi Knight just smiled smugly.

"So, what about Storm? What does it mean to have a yellow lightsaber?" asked Spike.

"Well, it's usually used by the Jedi Temple guards. And in some cases, they carry double-bladed yellow lightsaber pikes. They are given them as a way to hide their identity as they've given up their position to guard the temple." said Twilight.

"Then how come, Storm..."

"Look, kid! It's just the color that my kyber crystal was when I put my lightsaber together, alright. Now need to look into it any deeper than that. You got your answer, so move along." said Storm as he walked away leaving the two siblings by themselves.

Soon the others all got up as they joined the Jedi and small prince in the dining hall. The group ate their meal as they were discussing plans for the tour that Twilight wanted to give them. With the breakfast done, the group was about to leave the castle when someone got the princess' attention.

"Twilight, sweetie!" said Velvet as she was being accompanied by her handmaiden.

"Hi, mom. I was just going to show my friends around town."

"That's a wonderful idea, sweetie. You can do that while Storm stays with me."

"What?!" said the princess.

"Huh?" said the Jedi Knight.

"I simply want to get to know who my daughter's partner is," said Velvet as she put on an innocent smile.

"Mom!" said Twilight as she didn't buy her mother's statement.

"Now run along and take your little brother with you," instructed the Queen as she began to push the teenagers and Spike to the front door and closed the door behind them.

The moment the doors closed, Velvet turned her head in Storm's eyes as her eyes were that of a predator eyeing its prey.

"Oh, shit!" said Storm as he felt like he was trapped with a Nexu.

The Queen dismissed her handmaiden as she told her to take the day off. The servant nodded as the Jedi was left with the ruler of Equis. He wasn't scared as she showed she wasn't like her husband. However, the look in her eyes told a different story that made him wish he was face to face with Twilight's father instead of her mother. The Queen began to approach the boy as Storm was cautiously stepping back.

"Now that my daughter is showing the others around town, I have you all to myself," said Velvet in a low tone as eyed the Jedi.

"Before you say anything, your highness. Just know I have no intentions with the princess. Your daughter is a pure, innocent, magical, girl who I have never laid a hand on." stated the boy as he was sweating a bit.

"First of all, call me Velvet. That's an order," stressed the Queen.

"Yes, your highness... I mean, Velvet," said the boy as he quickly corrected himself.

"Second, when you are with me, if I give you an order, you are to follow it."

"Yes, Qu--, Velvet."

"And third, meet me in the stables," said the woman.

The Queen then left up the stairs as she had to change from her dress into something more casual. The boy watched the woman disappear as he was now thinking about what she said. While he was confused by the final order that Twilight's mother gave him, he didn't dare to disobey less she tell her husband, or she would give the command to have the Jedi executed.

The boy made it to the stables as he was welcomed by the stablehand. The Jedi came to the stall that housed a familiar steed as it saw the human. Storm put his hand out as the horse pressed its nose to his hand.

"Hey there, Spirit," said Storm as he managed to name the horse that claimed the Jedi as his rider.

The horse gave a light neigh as it was happy to see its chosen rider after so long. Soon Velvet was shown entering as the Queen was out of her royal dress code and dressed in more casual clothes.

"Well, what do you think?" asked Velvet to the teen.

"Woah. Um, you look... okay," said Storm as he didn't know how to properly address the Queen.

"That's all?!" said Velvet as she wanted a better answer from her daughter's partner.

"Look, your highness, I mean, Queen. Shit, I mean Velvet!" said Storm as he made an error by saying that.

"Is it so hard for you to call me by my name? You don't have any problem with calling Twilight by her name or that cute nickname you gave her?" smiled Velvet.

"Okay, first, it ain't some cute nickname! It's just how I choose to address her at times. And second, I didn't even know she was a princess until she brought me here. I just treated as a regular person." said Storm.

"Then treat me as a regular individual. And not some ruler or noble," said Velvet.

"I'll try my best," said the boy.

"Splendid. Now then, shall we?" stated Velvet.

The stablehand then brought the queen her horse as she stroked its nose and mane. It was all saddled up as Velvet got on with ease. Storm soon mounted his ride as the stablehand began to open the doors. Before Storm could ask the Queen, she made a sound as she zoomed out in a blink of an eye. The boy was surprised by what he saw as he flicked the reigns of Spirit as the horse stood on its hind legs. It then planted and raced off down the path as they were looking to catch up with Twilight's mother.

Velvet was zooming past the town below the castle as she was acting like a kid again. Storm was once again amazed by how the Queen, the highly respected ruler of Equis, was behaving like a mischievous teenager. Soon the boy caught up with the Queen as the two horses leaped over some stacks of hays as they landed and continued to run. They were now heading out of the town and into the nearby forests as they continued to race. Eventually, they emerged from the woods as Velvet was leading her and Storm in a direction as they crossed over a small river and continued to gallop.


After a while, the pair had stopped as they were near a stream and allowed the horses to drink. While Storm was checking his saddlebags, Velvet was nearby as she was currently rolling around in the flowers.

"Oh, what a rush. I haven't experienced that sort of adrenaline since I was Twilight's age," said the Queen as she continued to roll around.

"I can for sure say, I know where Sparky's get her nerd side from," said Storm as he was wondering how this woman was the mother of his partner given how she was acting.

He soon grabbed some canisters as he made his way to Twilight's mother. Velvet sat up as some flowers were in her hair as she took them off. The Jedi Knight then handed one of the canisters to the woman and she accepted it.

"Thank you, Storm. You know, you're a perfect match for my daughter."

"Uh, what do you mean?" asked the teen.

"Nothing," smiled Velvet as she put the lid of her canister on.

"So, Velvet? Can I ask you something? Why did you ask me to meet in the stables?" said Storm as he took a seat across from the Queen.

"Well, it all started early this morning. See I had been taking my morning stroll as I usually do. When I came to the town square and noticed something. I saw that my statue had been degraded. Someone had covered my beloved statue in flowers, painted goggle eyes, and a mustache on its face. Not to mention they put a bird's nest in its crown. But that's the worst part, the worst was that they a sign hanging from its neck that said: Remire Rules!"

"Remire? Are you talking about the small kingdom that's next to Equis? Twilight told me that there are some nearby kingdoms that are smaller than yours since you guys are the ones with the most land given your bloodline." said Storm.

"Yes, that Remire."

"But I don't get it? What does a statue have to do with Remire?" asked Storm

"That's the thing, it was a prank. And I know who is responsible for it," growled Velvet as her blood was boiling. "That prank was done by none other than Queen Daisy. My longtime rival! Since we were kids, we were always competing to see who got the last laugh. I thought she accepted her defeat when I was able to make Night Light all mine. But clearly, that witch is up to her old tricks, and I will not stand by it!"

"Okay, then," said Storm in a slightly confused tone.

"So, that's why I asked for you to accompany me. We're gonna get Daisy back."

"Huh?" said the boy as he spat out his drink.

"I must show the people that, despite that sign's proclamation, Remire does not rule. And that's by striking against that which she holds most dear! The very symbol of her land. The Seal of Remire." said Velvet as she was a woman on a mission to get back at her longtime rival.

"And why should I help?" said Storm as he was pretty sure this wasn't part of his Jedi Code of Conduct.

"'Cause I said any order I give you, you follow. That and if you choose not to help me, I'll have you executed. I wouldn't dare to upset my daughter by taking away one of the most important persons in her life. But... if it comes down to that." said Velvet making a sinister smile.

"You had me at execution. I'm all on board!" said Storm as he sweating hard as he didn't want to die.

"Good, I knew you see things my way," smiled Velvet smugly.

"Just so we're clear. This is for the official royal prank, right? So that makes it completely legal...ish?" asked the Jedi Knight.

"Don't worry, you won't be in trouble. I wouldn't dare to upset Twilight like that if her partner was in jail," said Velvet. "So, let's get going, partner!"

"I'm sorry, what? You mean, you're actually tagging along?"

"What did you think I meant all this time? I want to witness Daisy's humiliation first hand," said Velvet as she crushed a flower in her hand.

"Ohh... yeah. See, um..." chuckled Storm sheepishly, "The thing is, I thought you wanted, you know, me to do it alone. Uh, not that I wouldn't love to have you along. It's just that, you probably have way more important--"

"This is a matter of national pride, son. Of course, it's important. And I specifically said "we" would steal the Royal Seal of Remire, remember?" said Velvet as she glared at the Jedi Knight.

"I do! I do re-- yes, you did say "we!" I just thought you were using the royal "we", you know, you being a Queen?" said Storm putting on a big smile.

"Come on, let's do this!" shouted Velvet with excitement and determination. "How do you it when you're with my daughter? Teamwork! Up high!"

Velvet raised her hand like she was waiting for Storm to high-five her. The boy looked to do that before Velvet walked away back to the horses to continue the last trek of their journey to the kingdom of Remire.

"Yeah. You know, when you say "Up high", you usually--" said Storm as Velvet tossed her empty canister to the boy to signal him to get on his horse. "Ookie dokie, never mind."

The Jedi Knight just gave up as he got back on Spirit. Soon both the teen and woman continued in the direction of Velvet's rival as she was looking to get the final word in this prank war.


The castle of Remire was shown. Guards were stationed at every wall of the structure. Out in front of it was the statue of the King and Queen of Remire. Looking through a pair of binoculars was Storm. The Jedi Knight had done some recon as he was doing one final scan. He was on a cliff a good distance away from the castle as he pulled out a schematic that had the castle on it with red lines.

"Okay, Velvet. I've drawn up this map based on the scouting I did when we arrived. And I came up with a plan on how this is going down," said the boy as there was a bush next to him. Velvet popped her head out as she looked at the boy with a stern look.

"All we need to do is borrow a couple of uniforms and waltz right through the front door. Eh?" said Storm with a smile to the Queen.

"We're not doing that," said Velvet as she immediately shot down the boy's plan.

"We're not?" said Storm as he lost his smile.

"Storm, as Queen, after studying this map, I can say with certainty that what is required here is stealthy ingress. And this is the perfect spot to do it!" said Velvet as she pointed her finger to a spot on the map of the castle.

Storm saw where the Queen had her finger on as there were his drawings of daggers and arrows. The boy knew what that meant.

"The northeast tower? The heavily guarded, impossibly fortified northeast tower?" said Storm with a straight tone at the woman in the bushes.

"No one will expect it," said Velvet retracting her head into the bushes as she disappeared.

Storm just had a worried look as he looked back at the castle.

Some guards were walking by as they were on patrol. They passed by some shrubs that were part of the garden. Soon a head popped out as it was none other than Velvet.

"All clear," said the woman as Storm peaked his head out of the shrub next to her. "Just follow my lead."

The Queen now began to walk with the shrub as only her legs were shown. Storm did the same as the boy followed the woman. As they took some steps, Storm saw through a small hole in his shrub as there was an outhouse that was in front of them as he could hear sounds.

"Your Majesty," said Storm trying to get Velvet's attention but she didn't hear and kept on walking.

Velvet just passed the outpost as the door opened and a guard was shown. He took off his hat to fan the smell when he saw the shrub just casually walking by. He was curious as he picked up his weapon and began to quietly follow it behind. He got close enough as he lifted his weapon and looked to bring it down on the shrub just before Storm's shrub appeared behind him. The boy quickly grabbed the guard and pulled him in as the sound of punches was heard. The boy then stepped out as he was wearing the guard's outfit.

He quickly grabbed the guard's weapon from the floor and could see some more guards coming. The boy put his hat on as he ran towards Velvet's shrub.

"Oh, shit," said Storm as Velvet was still trying to make her way to the wall.

The Jedi Knight got an idea as he quickly dropped the weapon. He managed to find a horse as he pulled on its reins and put it in front of the shrub to cover the woman. He then leaned in front of it as the two guards coming passed by. He also shoved a carrot into its mouth to silence it from making noise.

"Fellow guards," chuckled Storm nervously as he quickly waved at them walking by.

At that moment, Velvet's shrub hit the wall as the woman popped out.

"Yes! There. See? Easy." smiled the Queen as she looked back to see Storm standing in the guard's outfit. "Storm, I thought I said the guard uniforms were unnecessary. Come on! Mm-hm?"

The woman got out of her bush as she hugged the wall and silently side-stepping along it. She was completely oblivious at the fact that she was almost caught and that the boy saved her.

"Oh, yeah, no, don't mind me. I'm just gonna scream into this for a bit," said Storm as he took his hat off and had it close to his face.

The boy then screamed into the hat as it was muffled, but the frustration in his tone could be heard. He then put the hat back on as he kept his scowl as the horse next to him had a surprising look at how the teen acted. It then went back to munching on its carrot silently.


It was now nighttime upon the planet of Equis. Twilight and the girls had returned from their tour around town as they were in the dining hall. The princess was glad to see her friends talking amongst themselves, but she looked around and saw that two people were missing.

"Where's Mom? And Storm for that matter?" asked Twilight.

"Your mother is taking care of some personal business, sweetie. She said that it required her immediate attention and that she'll be back in a day or two. Don't worry, she's not alone. She took that boy to protect her. As much as I don't trust him with you, I trust him to keep the love of my life safe. Less he have his head chopped off." stated Night Light. The King had been informed by his wife of what she was doing as he knew he couldn't do anything to change Velvet's mind once it was set.

"I hope they're okay," said Twilight as she twirled her fork.

Back with the Jedi Knight and the Queen, the pair was now shown climbing up the tower. Velvet had a satchel with her as inside was a grappling hook. She gave it to Storm as he had experienced with it. The sighed as he managed to get it properly secured as it would allow them to climb. The boy was still dressed in the guard outfit as he followed Twilight's mother up. They soon made it in as they climbed down the stairs of the northwest tower.

The Jedi Knight took point as he hugged the wall as he came to the corner. He peaked his head out to the hall as he saw two guards coming their way. They soon turned the corner as the boy retracted his head to avoid being seen.

"Okay. Just follow my lea--" said Storm to Velvet as she didn't listen.

Velvet tried to be stealthy by doing a barrel roll to the other side of the hall but failed miserably as she fell on her back during the tumble. She grunted as she felt it.

"Really?" said Storm as he couldn't believe the Queen did that.

"What was that?!!" said a voice.

The boy quickly put his hand out as he used the Force to make Velvet barrel roll to the other side as he quickly covered behind the corner. The two guards who turned the corner were shown as they heard the noise and began to head in the direction of the boy. Storm quickly reached into his pocket and pulled out some credits. The Jedi Knight smiled as he tossed them over his head and the guards as they landed behind them and made a sound.

"This way!" said the other guard as they turned around.

Storm saw them leave as he looked across from him. Velvet was shown who was lying down on the staircase she was on and looked at the boy.

"They didn't spot me. A-ha!" smiled Velvet giving Storm a thumbs up as her plan to be unseen was a success. "Let's move out!"

The woman then got up and walked down the stairs as Storm had a frustrated look on his face. The boy groaned as he put his hands to his face.

"You don't want to be executed. You don't want to be executed. Plus, this is also for Sparky," said Storm as he muttered to himself why he was doing this.

It didn't take long as soon both Velvet and Storm came to a door. They were now standing in front of the room where the Royal Seal of Remire was located.

"Ah. The royal seal room. How do you like that, Storm?" asked Velvet as she looked at the Jedi. "Told ya. Flawless plan." She patted Storm on the back as it caused his hat to fall off.

The boy had a twig in his hair as he glared at the Queen without her seeing. He then grabbed the small branch and inserted it into the keyhole as it served as a lockpick and opened the door. The pair pushed open the doors as they came to a room. At the end of the room, there was a small bed with curtains. The pair was now silently walking towards the bed.

"Ahh. Behind that curtain lies the Royal Seal of Remire," said Velvet.

The woman then put her hand out as she pulled back the curtains.

"Oh-ho-ho, sweet revenge!" snickered Velvet as she saw the Royal Seal.

Storm saw the seal as he had a dumbfounded look. Soon the seal made a sound.

(Barking)

"It's a seal," said Storm.

"Indeed," smiled Velvet. "The Royal Seal... of Remire!"

(Barking)

"It's a seal seal! Not a Royal Seal!" shouted Storm as he couldn't believe this and was letting out a bit of his frustration to the Queen.

"It is a seal seal owned by a Queen. Thus, a royal seal," said Velvet explaining her logic to the teen as he didn't seem to understand. She then bent down next to the animal as it looked at the audience with a confused look and barked. "Hmm?"

"You've got to be shitting-- You... You know what? You know what? At this point, never mind!" shouted Storm as he was losing his mind with Velvet. "Just grab your end, and let's get the hell out of here."

Storm approached the seal from behind as he tried to push it. He then tried to grab it from its end but fell as it was a bit too heavy.

"Can't you just use your Force Powers to lift it?" asked Velvet as she didn't know why the boy was making it harder than it needed to be.

"I can't use my powers for stupid shit like this!" yelled the boy as he was starting to lose his temper with this woman. He then popped out from the bed of pillows as he saw Velvet near a portrait.

"What are you doing now?!!" said the boy.

"Leaving a calling card, so Daisy knows it was I who did this," said Velvet with a sinister smile as she had a paintbrush in her hand and was standing in front of a portrait of her rival. "What should I paint, hmm? Eye patch? Stink lines? Perhaps a tear, representing her imminent humiliation at being bested by me."

"No! None of those things should you paint!" shouted Storm as he got out from under the pillows. "Let's just get the hell out of here!" yelled the boy as he put his hand on the seal.

The seal started to give out some loud barks. Both Storm and Velvet looked at it with worry as the barks were getting louder and louder. The guards heard it as they began to make their way to the Royal Seal room. The pair could hear the footsteps of the guards coming as they were worried. Storm was looking around for a way out as he looked up.

"Give me the grappling hook," sighed the Jedi to Velvet.

The guards entered the room as the doors burst open. They saw the bed and curtains open but the Royal Seal was gone. They entered and began to look around as above them on top of a chandelier were Storm and Velvet with the seal. They saw the guards below them as it seemed there was no way to escape.

"You're the expert. What are we going to do now?" asked Velvet to Storm as she was lost on what to do.

"Oh, oh, so when you say "we", do you still mean the royal "we," which is actually you telling me how to fix this?" said Storm to Twilight's mother as he was still a bit frustrated with the woman.

The seal looked up as it saw the screws that kept the chandelier in place becoming loose due to how much weight there was on as neither the Jedi nor the Queen noticed it.

"Well, no. I'm saying "we" as in us," said Velvet as a screw fell.

A guard noticed the screw fall in front of his face as he looked up to see the chandelier.

"Is that the royal us, because it still sounds like it's just me," said the boy.

"I asked you to come so that "we" could get the seal," stated Velvet.

"Okay, okay, so now I'm confused. You said "I" and "we" in the same sentence, which I'm finding means the same thing. Not to mention the fact that I couldn't get the proper definition of seal from you!" said Storm.

At that moment, the chandelier came loose and fell. Both let out a scream as they felt it falling. The guards noticed it as they all dived out of the way to avoid being crushed. There was a bit of dust picked up as it cleared and the Jedi and Queen were now surrounded with weapons pointed at them.

"Uh, hey, guys. Would you believe that we're the chandelier repairmen?" said Storm trying to talk his way out of this situation. "Repairing in the middle of the night? 'Cause this thing is broken."

The seal then barked with a smile on its face.


A key was shown in a keyhole as it shut the door. Behind the door were Storm and Velvet as the guards took them away and locked them in the dungeon of the castle. The boy had his hands on the cell as he sighed. The guards even managed to take his lightsaber as an extra precaution as the boy was without his weapon that he considered his own life.

"Well..." sighed Velvet, " this prank has gone horribly awry."

"Listen, I'm sorry I lost my cool. As a Jedi, I'm not supposed to let my emotions get the best of me. I tried really hard to not get stressed out or angry, but... I couldn't. I'd figured that by me doing this, you would see that I'm serious when it comes to my training as a Jedi and that Twilight has a partner she can count on to help her." said Storm as he kept his head down and sat against the wall.

"Take you seriously?" said Velvet to the boy as she was confused.

"Yeah. And I was just frustrated when I wasn't able to do that," said the boy as he picked up a small pebble and tossed it against the small grate inside their cell.

Velvet saw the teen as she began to walk toward him. She placed her hand on his shoulder as she sat down next to him.

"You know, there are many things I fail to take seriously. Storm,... you brought my daughter home to me and my husband after 13 long years. If there's one person in the whole galaxy that I take very seriously... it's you."

The expression on Storm's face spoke volumes about what Velvet just said.

"Wow. Thanks, Your Majesty," said Storm to Velvet as he started to form a small smile. "Can I ask then, why-- why didn't you listen to my ideas?"

"You know, I suppose sometimes I let the good ones slip through the cracks," smiled Velvet. "I should've given your plan more consideration."

"What you should have done was stayed in your own kingdom, Velvet!"

There was a voice heard as both the Jedi and Queen looked to the cell door. Marching towards them was none other than Velvet's rival as the woman also had her seal on a leash next to her.

"Daisy," growled Velvet at seeing the woman she despised.

"Your efforts to abscond with my sweet Daisy Jr were comical at best. And to think, that my last prank forced you to get a Jedi to help you. The Jedi rarely come out this far, you must have been really desperate and humiliated to go this far to get back at me." said the woman to Velvet.

"Oh. Yeah? Well, I don't think your seal's too happy to be here," said Storm as he got up to the door and looked at the seal's unhappy face. The animal gave a whimpering face with a set of cute eyes.

"Of course, she's not! The poor little darling is traumatized by what you did to her!" stated Daisy hugging her seal before pointing at the two inside the cell.

"Alright, Daisy. You've had your laughs. Now, release us." said Velvet to the woman.

"Oh, I'll let you go. But until I parade you through town in nothing but a jester's hat. Proving once again that Remire is superior to Equis!" said Daisy as she gloated in Velvet's face as the woman scowled. "For now, I leave you here to wallow in the stench of your defeat." She then chuckled as she and her seal left.

"Daisy's right," sighed Velvet.

"Oh, come on, you don't smell that bad," said Storm to the Queen with a smile. "Plus, it's mostly seal."

"I meant, I deserve to wear nothing but a jester's hat," said Velvet as she slumped against the cell door and put her hand to her head.

"Uh, Velvet? What the hell does Queen Daisy know, anyway?" asked the boy to Twilight's mother.

"Once again, she showed herself to be the more accomplished prankster."

"Accomplished? Her prank wasn't even funny! I mean, I laughed a little when you mentioned it. But still, all around, not funny." said Storm.

"Yes, that's true. Her pranks were always more grating than they are humorous," said Velvet as Storm helped her to stand up. "If only you had your lightsaber, you could cut us out of here."

"Yeah, I would be able to slice through the bars like... like..." Storm then got an idea. He looked at the grate on the floor. "Grating... Grating!" The teen then approached the grate and bent down to take the cover off.

"What? What are you doing?" asked Velvet as she was confused.

"I'm getting us out of here," said Storm as he looked at the grate. "The question is: Are you willing to try it my way?"

Outside the guards who were given the task of guarding the prisoners were shown starting to doze off.

"I told you, will you just listen to me, Your Majesty?!" said Storm's voice as there was a bit of acting behind it. "There's no way you'll escape that way!"

The guards heard that as they quickly woke up and opened the door. They rushed in as they approached the cell.

"Hey! What's goin' on in there?" said one of the guards.

"Fellas. Would you look at that? The Queen, she escaped without me." said Storm as he continued to act while looking at the open grate by his feet. "I don't know if I'm more impressed or insulted, you know what I'm sayin'?"

"Open the door!" shouted the other guard to his comrade.

They opened the cell and rushed in as they bent down to look at the grate. Above them was Velvet as she was quietly seeing them.

"Oh no, Queen Daisy is gonna have our necks for this," said one of the guards looking down in the grate.

"Lose something?" said Velvet.

The guards looked up as soon the woman swung down and everything went black.


A pair of guards were patrolling the halls. Some more guards came walking in the opposite direction as they looked to pass them by. It was none other than Storm and Velvet as they were in disguise as they kept their heads looking and not directly looking at the other guards to avoid detection. They made it past them as Storm quickly pushed Velvet to the left. They were walking looking for a way out as they came to a split. They quickly saw Daisy walking down the corridor in their direction. The boy pulled Twilight's mother back as they had their backs to the wall.

"Quick, if we go back the way we came, she might not see us," stated Velvet to Storm as her hat had been knocked off when she was yanked by the Jedi Knight.

"Wait," said Storm as he took off his hat.

The boy was now looking at a door in front of them as he was thinking back to the map of the castle he had scouted. He now remembered what the room was as he came up with an idea.

"Follow my lead," spoke the teen to Velvet.

Velvet took a deep breath as she just chose to listen to the boy. The pair now approached the door as Storm put his hands on the handles. He then tried to open the door as it was locked which he expected. At that moment, Daisy saw the pair.

"Well, well. It appears someone hasn't learned their lesson yet," said Daisy with her hands on her hips.

Velvet looked at Storm as the boy gave a wink to the woman. She then smiled as she allowed the Jedi to take the lead.

"Okay, okay, look, you got us," said Storm as he turned and put his hands up. "This one is completely our fault." He then shoulder-checked Velvet to do the same.

"Ooh! Yes! Uh, we wanted to pull some sort of prank, so all of this wouldn't be in... vain," said Velvet.

"Uh, really? And, and what were you going to do in there, pray tell?" asked Daisy as she pointed to the door behind the pair.

"Well, I thought it'd be funny to slip into the library and rearrange the periodicals. Historians hate that. I know Twilight always throws a fit whenever she senses things out of place." smiled Storm as he enjoyed it when the girl went crazy due to her OCCD. It was kind of cute of her in a way.

"That is the worst idea for a prank I have ever heard!" said Daisy as she wasn't impressed by the Jedi's idea. "And in true Equis' fashion, you would've failed! Again! That's the real door to the library."

The woman pointed at the door next to the one behind the pair as that was where the library room was.

"Uh, no, nope. No, it's not. I'm pretty sure this is the library." said Storm as he pulled out his map of the castle and pointed behind him while looking at it.

"You imbecile! This is my castle! I know where my library is!" said the woman as she approached them.

"Meh! Agree to disagree," said Storm as he turned around with a smug smile on his face.

"I'll prove it," said Daisy as she shoved the pair out of the way.

She then unlocked the doors as she stepped in as it was dark. But true to her word, there were no books.

"You see--"

Before Daisy could get a chance to gloat, the trapdoor under her opened. She quickly fell down the chute and into the dungeons below as her voice could still be heard. Soon a thud was heard as that indicated she made it down. Storm let out a laugh as he shouted down the chute. He was chuckling at how easy it was to use the Queen's own boobytrap against her.

"Forgot about your own top-notch security for a second, didn't ya?" taunted the boy with a smile.

"Well played, Storm! Very well played!" said Velvet as she was impressed and smiled at the Jedi for his intelligence. "Up high."

"Yeah!" said Storm as he put his hand up to give Twilight's mother a high-five. The woman then quickly pulled the boy in as she gave him a hug which caught the boy off guard but soon smiled as she released him.

"Let me up, Velvet! There are spiders down here! Spiders! Ah! One just touched me!" shouted Daisy as she was terrified.

Daisy's seal was clapping and barking at what it witnessed.

"Daisy Jr., are you clapping? Those had better be claps of sorrow!" said the woman as she felt like her seal was making fun of her.

"Would you look at that? I've finally humiliated Daisy!" said Velvet with a proud face.

"Oh, Your Majesty! We have not yet begun to humiliate that woman," said Storm as an evil smile appeared on his face.

Soon the pair were shown leaving the castle. The boy had managed to retrieve his lightsaber. Thought Velvet wanted him to show off some cool Jedi moves as Storm beat up a few guards that were protecting his weapon. Velvet was in awe at seeing the boy in action up close. Storm was shown jumping down from a ledge as he looked around.

"All clear. Now Velvet--"

The boy didn't finish as the woman jumped down before he could give the signal. She managed to land in Storm's arms as the boy was starting to lose his balance as he wasn't prepared.

"Don't drop the Queen! Don't drop the Queen! Don't drop the Queen!" said Storm to himself as he knew for sure Velvet would have him executed if he did that.

Eventually, the boy found his footing and balance as he stopped stumbling. He took a deep breath as he now held Velvet bridal style in his arms.

"What a rush!" said Velvet as her heart was still racing from this adventure they just had. "You know how to show a girl a good time, Storm. If only you were twenty years older, I would have chosen you over Night Light."

"Is that supposed to be a compliment?" asked the boy with a raised eyebrow as he didn't know what Velvet meant.

"Come on, let's head back!" said Velvet as Storm put the woman down.

The pair made it past the castle gates as they were heading back to where their horses were waiting. They each got on as they turned and gave their rides a flick. They were now heading back as soon as the sun would be up.


It was a long ride, but the pair made it just as morning was coming over the town. The pair made it to the stables as they handed their horses to the stablehand who welcomed the Jedi and Queen for their safe return. The two were now walking to the castle entrance as they entered. They were soon met with someone.

"Mom!" said Twilight as she was anxious about seeing her mother be gone for so long. The girl lunged as she hugged and buried her head into her chest.

"I'm back, sweetie," smiled Velvet as she embraced her daughter while putting her head on top of her daughter's.

"I was worried," said the princess to her mother.

"I was quite alright. I had a Jedi Knight to protect me," said Velvet as she looked back at Storm with a smile. The boy returned the gesture to the Queen. "I see why you like spending so much time with him. He knows how to have a good time." whispered the Queen to her daughter with a sly smile.

"Mom!!" said Twilight as she was starting to turn red.

Velvet left as soon her handmaiden approached and walked with her.

"Well, Your Majesty, did you do it? Did you get the seal?" asked the handmaiden.

"Unfortunately, no. However, Storm came up with something far better," smiled Velvet as she left to go change and handle her duties. "You know, I wouldn't mind if he became a permanent member of this family."

"Curse you, Velvet! Velvet, curse you!" shouted Daisy.

Storm's plan was to have the Queen to be tied to her statue outside of her castle in nothing but her nightwear. They put a jester's hat on her and had a sign that read: Equis Rules! Velvet was pleased as this was the ultimate prank. Even some of the citizens of Remire came out and laughed at what they saw. Daisy's seal was shown swimming in the lake nearby as it leaped into the air and clapped at seeing its owner being humiliated.

PreviousChapters Next