• Published 20th Nov 2021
  • 2,450 Views, 857 Comments

Star Wars: The Great War - ShootingStar25



You've heard it time and time again. The Force surrounds us and binds the galaxy together. Well, that hits both hard and true. The time for survival is now and may the Force guide us to a better tomorrow.

  • ...
1
 857
 2,450

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 12: Ambush

Great leaders inspire greatness in others.

Recap: A galaxy divided by war. Peaceful words must choose sides or face the threat of invasion. Republic and Separatist armies vie for the allegiance of neutral planets. Desperate to build a Republic supply base in the system of Toydaria, Jedi Master Yoda, along with Jedi Knight Storm, travel to secret negotiations on a remote neutral moon.

A ship was flying through space. It was none other than the King of Toydaria and a few of his personal guards. After his talk with Senator Organa and his friends, the Jedi were informed of the King's proposal. So Master Yoda was sent to handle the meeting as he took Storm with him. What seemed to be just a simple mission, there was another intention that Master Yoda had as it pertained to a certain boy.

The ship had landed on the moon as soon the King and two guards exited off the vessel as they were now scanning the surroundings. They were expecting to see Master Yoda, but he was nowhere to be seen.

"We are getting no signal from the Republic, Your Highness." said one of the guards.

"I don't see anything. It is not like the Jedi to be late." said the King.

"Greetings, King Katuunko." said a voice.

The King and his men turned to where the voice was coming from. It belonged to none other than Ventress as she wasn't alone. She had some droids and Sunset with her as both girls bowed when the King hovered in front of them. His guards pointed their weapons as the King told them to stand down.

"Who are you?"

"We are merely just messengers, Majesty," said Sunset.

"My master wishes to speak with you," said Ventress as she used the Force to make the transmitter hover. It turned on as the holographic image of Count Dooku appeared.

"Katuunko, great king of Toydaria, forgive my intrusion."

"Count Dooku."

"I am aware that Master Yoda hopes you will allow the Jedi to build a Republic base in your system in exchange for protection, correct?" said the Sith Lord.

"Your spies serve you well, count."

"I ask, how can the Jedi protect you if they cannot protect themselves?"

While the conversation was happening, in space orbiting the moon, a Republic ship had arrived. On it was some crewman and some clones as well as two Jedi.

"Toydarian Royal Delegation, this is the Republic Envoy. Please respond." said one of the crewmen through his headset. At that moment, both Yoda and Storm came into the cockpit.

"Generals, the Toydarian's beacon is active on the moon, but all our transmissions are being jammed." said the crewmen.

"Hmm," said Master Yoda.

"Why do I get the feeling that something bad is about to happen?" said Storm.

At that moment, out of nowhere, a huge Separatist ship was revealed. It came out of hyperspace as it got the Republic ship by surprise and it started to blast at the smaller vehicle.

"Why do I have to be right?!" shouted the boy as the whole ship was rocking back and forth.

"We caught them by surprise, all right." said one of the droids in the main deck.

Soon another Separatist ship emerged from behind as it too joined in on firing at the small Republic ship. The small vehicle was doing its best to navigate and dodge the blasts while heading towards the moon. The alarms inside of the ship were going off as everybody held on to the ships' rough movements.

"Too late it is. Sprung is the trap," said Master Yoda.

"I must get you both to safety, Generals." said the crewmen.

"What about you guys? You can't take two Separatist ships!" exclaimed Storm.

"Retreat you must. On the moon below is our mission. There we must go." said the Jedi Master to the crewmen.

Their ship was still heading towards the moon as they saw more oncoming fire as they dodged it. Meanwhile, the King was still talking with the Sith.

"I suppose you and your droid armies can do better?" asked the King.

"Without a doubt. I sense you are one who respects strength, Your Highness. Our droid armies outnumber the Republic clones a hundred to one." said Dooku.

"Perhaps, but I have heard that a single Jedi equals a hundred battle droids." said the King.

"Quickly now. Reach the planet's surface we must." Yoda then began to walk with Storm and his men.

"In an escape pod, sir? The enemy will fire at anything we launch." informed the crewmen.

"Then launch all of them you will, hmm?" said the small creature.

Everybody then loaded into the escape as the crewmen then did as Yoda requested. They shot out all of their escape pods as they were now plummeting down to the moon where the king was waiting for them. Back on its surface, the King was still talking.

"Master Yoda's powers have been greatly exaggerated."

"That remains to be seen, count."

"Indeed. But when you decide to join us, my apprentice will contact me." With that, the transmission ended.

In space, all of the escape pods had been shot. And the Separatist ships were now firing at the different pods. They blasted one of them out of the air as it was empty as the one that had both Jedi and the clones were now heading down to the moon's surface. Soon all the other pods were destroyed as only theirs remained.

"Hang on. Almost." said the droid to his commander as he tried to aim at the last pod. He fired some shots but missed all of them as the pod escaped.

"What a terrible shot." said the droid commander.

"Oh, well, it's my programming." said the droid.

"That was a close one!" said the clone who was piloting the escape pod.

"Generals, I think we're out of range." said the clone commander.

"I agree. But entering another trap we are."

The two other clones looked at each other. They then looked at Storm as they hoped that the Jedi Knight could translate what Yoda was saying but the boy just simply shrugged.

"Are you sure?" asked the clone sitting next to Master Yoda.

"A disturbance in the Force there is. Feel do you, Storm." asked the Jedi Master.

"Yes... it feels... familiar..." said Storm as he placed his hand to his heart as he listened to what the Force was trying to tell him.


The King looked through his goggles as he saw in space, Yoda's ship was now retreating after they fired all the escape pods.

"My lord, Master Yoda's warship has fled the system. What further evidence do you require of the Jedi's weakness?" asked Ventress to the King.

Before the King could say anything, a beeping sound was heard. He pulled out the communicator on him as he turned it on. The image of the clone commander appeared.

"This is King Katuunko. Speak."

"Master Yoda would like to speak with you, sir." said the clone commander. He then bent down for Yoda to talk as Storm was behind the small Jedi Master.

"A pleasure it is to hear your voice, Your Highness. Master Yoda of the Jedi Council this is."

"Hey there," said the boy greeting the king casually.

"And who are you?" asked the King.

"Name's Storm, Jedi Master Luna's student."

"Jedi Master Luna? I've heard many great things about her." said the King. "Master Jedi, I thought that perhaps Count Dooku had frightened you off."

"Wait, Count Dooku?" said Storm as they weren't expecting their enemies to also be present.

"Delayed have we been. But not too far away am I now. Unaware I was of Count Dooku was invited to our meeting." said Yoda.

"The count invited himself. He assures me that, in this time of war, his droids can offer my world greater security than your Jedi."

"Hmm. A matter of debate that is."

"That depends on the person's perspective," said Sunset. This caused both holograms to turn around as they saw the two Sith girls.

"Well, well. If it isn't Sunny." said Storm as he saw Sunset.

"Good to see you again, boy toy." smiled the girl looking at the Jedi.

"You two know each other?" asked the King.

"We've had a few dates." snickered the girl looking at the boy.

"What did you have in mind?" asked the King as he circled back to what Ventress said.

"If Yoda is indeed the Jedi warrior you believe he is, let him prove it." suggested the Sith woman. "Allow me to send my best troops to capture him. If he escapes, join the Republic."

"And what about the boy?" asked the King.

"Let him join as player #2. He's not important. Besides, I want to see you got, boy toy. Maybe you got something that really turn me on." smiled Sunset.

"Game on, Sunny. I'll make sure to show you what I'm packing." replied Storm with a flirt of his own.

"But should my droids defeat Yoda, consider an alliance with the Separatists," said Ventress.

"I did not request Yoda's presence here to test him in battle. Nor will I have the student of Master Luna be put in harm's risk." said the King.

"Accept the challenge I do, Your Highness. Arrive by nightfall I will." said the Jedi Master with a smile as the transmission ended.

"Master Yoda and Jedi Storm must be given a fair fight." said the King to the Sith girls.

"My dear King Katuunko, I would have it no other way," said Ventress with a smile.

"Besides, I wouldn't want to damage my plaything. I desire him too much." snickered Sunset. She then gave the order to the droids to let the other know of what was going to happen.

Meanwhile, our heroes were preparing themselves for what was about to happen. They had a challenge to complete, not only reach the King and survive against all the droids they might face. But do it before nightfall, as Master Yoda promised. That was simple, right?

"Beautiful this moon is, hmm?" said Yoda looking at the scenario around them. "Amazing the universe is."

"That's nice, Master Yoda. But we should get going." suggested Storm.

They all heard a ship overheard. They looked up to see the vessel as it was huge as inside were the droids that Ventress and Sunset were going to send after the group.

"There's got to be a full battalion in there, probably packing armor, too." said one of the clones as he saw the ship.

"We'll have something for 'em." said the third clone as he pulled out a gattling gun.

The ship had landed as all the droids were now marching and getting into position. They were given their orders by Sunset as Ventress was contacting Count Dooku.

"I am deploying my forces, master."

"Yoda has made a grave mistake straying this far from Coruscant. Not to mention bringing along Luna's student," said Count Dooku.

"I will see the Jedi gets their 'fair fight'." said Ventress.

Back with our heroes...

"Carry only what you need. Too much weight, slow you down it will," instructed Master Yoda. "Destroy Ventress your weapons will not." said the Jedi Master as he was now walking with his cane. "Come, come, lieutenant. Hurry we must."

"Sir, the rendezvous point is that way." said the clone commander as he pointed in the other direction.

"As is our enemy. To reach our goal, a straight path we will not follow."

"I don't get it, Master Yoda. How does going away from our objective get us any closer?" asked the teen boy.

"A lot you have to learn, Storm. For you to be a true Jedi Master, you must see that the path ahead is not as clear as you make it to be." said the Jedi Master with a smile as he kept on walking.

"Let's move it, boys." said the clone in charge as he and the two others now began to follow the Jedi.

"Find Master Yoda," informed Ventress.

"Uh, what does he look like?" asked one of the droids.

"He'll be the small, shriveled green one with the lightsaber!!!" shouted Sunset as she turned hers on in the face of the droid.

"Small, huh? Don't worry, Supreme Leaders, we'll take care of him." said the droid with confidence as they were now leaving.

"And don't harm the boy too much, I need him all for myself," instructed Sunset.


The huge array of droids were now marching in a line as they were on their way to finding our heroes. They were approaching some trees as they had tanks.

"I think I see them. They're hiding deep in the trees! Fire on Sector 11." said the commander droid. The tanks heard his command as they began to fire at the area.

Our heroes were just a few meters in, as they could see the Separatist forces firing. Storm and the clones all drew their weapons as they prepared to fight.

"At ease be, my friends. Within range, we are not," said Yoda.

"But Master Yoda..."

"Patience, Storm. Observe." said the small creature.

Everybody listened to the Jedi Master as they put their weapons down. The droids were still firing at the area where they thought our heroes were as when they got closer, there was nothing.

"Uh, hold it. Hold it." said the droid commander as the tanks and his allies were still firing. "I said hold it! Wait! That's far enough!" shouted the commander. "I mean it! Stop! I said stop!" Eventually, the tanks heard his order as they slowed down and they stopped in front of the trees.

"We're too big to fit in there."

"No, we're not. Watch this." said one of the droids in the tank on the right as he now charged forward into the tight space. The tank hit the tree causing the tank to come to a halt as the droid in the hatch was flung out of his seat.

"You were right." said the droid as he got back up.

"Next time, listen to orders!" shouted the commander droid.

"Those tanks are too big to follow." said the clone commander as he saw through his visor.

"See, see? Size is not everything, hmm?" said Yoda to everybody with a smile. "Smaller in number are we, but larger in mind." giggled the Jedi Master as he walked away.

"Uh, do you have any idea what the general is talking about?" asked one of the clones.

"How should I know?" replied one of his teammates. "There's no figuring out a Jedi Master."

"General Storm?" asked the clone to the boy hoping for some clarification.

"I think I understand, but then again, it's Master Yoda," said Storm as he and the rest of the clones now got up from kneeling and began to follow the green creature.

"Infantry, advance." said the droid commander. "Go get 'em, boys."

The droids were now advancing on foot as the tanks were now turning around looking for another way. Our heroes were still walking when a sound was heard. The clone commander turned around as through his visor he could see the droids were heading their way.

"Sirs, two patrols are coming in on foot." stated the clone.

"Master Yoda?" asked Storm hoping to see what the Jedi Master was going to suggest.

"Now is the time to face the enemy, lieutenant," said Yoda. "Ambush them we will!"

"We'll flank them from the south." instructed the clone commander.

"Right, let's move!" said one of the others.

With that, they all split as Storm decided to go with the clones as Yoda went off by himself. They were unsure if it was smart to leave the Jedi Master by himself, but Storm assured the troops that Yoda would be fine. The droids were now within the area our heroes were just in as they were hidden. All four of them were behind trees as they let the droids pass them. Soon a blast was fired as it took the head off of one of the B1 droids.

"What was that?" asked another droid.

Another shot was fired as he took out the droid who said that.

"Blast him!" shouted another one as soon all the B1 droids started shooting.

Storm provided some cover for the clone lieutenant as he fell back while the boy deflected the blasts. The droids advanced a bit as soon Yoda hopped in front of them and then hopped from tree to tree.

"Look, a little green life form!" said one of the droids as he got everybody to stop shooting and look at Yoda hopping around.

"You bucket head! That's the Jedi!" said another droid.

"He is a little one." said a droid as they were surprised at Yoda's small size. "Blast him!" The droids now started to shoot at the Jedi Master but he was moving so quickly due to his small stature. "Split up by squad and spread out."

"Roger, roger." said the droids.

The clones were behind the trees as one of them was giving hand signals to his friend on what to do. The droids were marching in front of them.

"Okay, clankers, suck laser!" shouted the clone as he began to fire the gattling gun he was carrying as he was firing several shots.

With that, they appeared from behind the tree and rocks as they began to fire. Storm jumped down from above as he was in the tree's branches and began to slice and dice the droids while dodging their shots. Eventually, they took out all the droids as the clones approached Storm as he stood in the center of the bodies.

"Everybody alright?" asked Storm to which the clones gave a nod.

"Wait, where's the General?" asked one of them.

"I don't know. We got separated." said the lieutenant.

Soon shots were heard behind them as now Superbattle droids were coming at them.

"Clankers!" shouted one of them.

They all began to fire as they tried to take them out.

"Fall back. There are too many of them," said Storm to the clones as they began to retreat while he ran in the back providing cover.


In another part of the forest, some birds let out a caw as they were sacred. The part of the droids that split up were walking as they were still searching for Master Yoda.

"He's around here somewhere." said one of the droids.

True to the droid's words, Yoda was nearby. He was in the tree above them as he smiled and jumped down. He landed on one of the B1 droids as he giggled.

"Hey, get off of me!" said the droid as Yoda was now riding his back while giggling.

"Don't move." said another droid to the Jedi as he shot his blaster trying to hit him.

Yoda moved out of the way as the shot blasted his comrade in the head. Yoda jumped to another droid as his comrade tried again to shoot him but missed and took out his ally. This kept going on as Yoda was using his size to his advantage as he was slowly letting the droids take each other out. Eventually, there were only two left as he landed in between the two. Both droids fired at him but he jumped up as the blasts hit their legs taking them out. Yoda landed back down as the droids fired again, but he jumped up again as this time, the droids took each other out.

Sunset and Ventress were with the King and his guards as they were contacted by one of the droids.

"The Jedi destroyed our advanced troops."

"Ha! Master Yoda is living up to my expectations." boosted the King to the girls.

"Commander, have you pinpointed the Jedi's location?" asked Ventress.

"Affirmative. The clones gave away their position. Our heavy troops are moving to engage them now."

The King then put his binocular on as he was looking in the distance as he could see and hear some explosions.

"I hope the general reaches the rendezvous point." said one of the clones as they were still running from the Superbattle droids. Storm was behind them making sure that they were safe.

"We're sure buying him time." said one of the clones as he took a sec to get on his knee and fire some blasts.

All four were running as now and then the clones would stop to shoot and then continue running. They all jumped over a ridge as they continued to run. One of the Superbattle droids aimed his gun as he fired and the shot hit the clone lieutenant by his feet as he fell.

"No!" shouted Storm as he now stood in front of the injured clone as he was protecting him.

The other two now made their way to their commander as one of them kept on firing.

"Lieutenant, can you walk?" asked one of the clones.

"I think I'm okay." said the clone.

"Die, Republic dogs!" said the Superbattle droids.

At that moment, Master Yoda now made his presence known as he turned on his lightsaber as it hummed a green light. He flipped over next to Storm as the two were now deflecting the blasts while protecting their clones. The pair deflected the shots back at the droids as all three clones now got behind the rock as both Jedi joined them.

"What are we gonna do, sirs?" asked one of the clones.

"Hmm," said Yoda as he turned off his lightsaber and closed his eyes.

The droids were still firing at the rock as the clones would pop up and fire back before sliding back down. Storm and the clones now sat as Master Yoda was facing the group as he still had his eyes closed as he was in a meditating pose.

"What's the general doing?" asked one of the clones to Storm.

"This is no time to meditate, Master Yoda!" shouted Storm. He was hoping that would get him to open his eyes, but it didn't. "Keep blasting." instructed the boy as he turned his lightsaber back on and began to fight back with the clones.

The droids were getting closer and closer despite our heroes taking some down. Master Yoda still had his eyes closed as it seemed that our heroes were about to meet their end. Then Yoda lifted his left hand.

"Hey, what's going on?" asked one of the Superbattle droids as he was being picked up.

Yoda then turned his hand as the droid he was carrying with the Force now turned around. His guns were still active as he was now firing at his comrades.

"Get out of the way! All of you." said the droid as both of his arms were extended as the guns were blasting tons of his comrades. "I'm having a serious malfunction."

Yoda then closed his hand as the droid he was carrying now lowered down a bit.

"Don't shoot! I'm on your side." said the droid as it was soon blasted by the others.

Yoda then thrust his hand as he used the Force to push the remaining droids onto the ground.

"Ha! You found us just in time, sir." said one of the clones.

"Left behind, no one will be," spoke Yoda.

The entire group now heard another sound as they looked back over their shoulder and saw Destroyer Droids now rolling towards them.

"Rollies, inbound!" stated one of the clones.

"Shit!" stated Storm as he and Yoda now got onto the rock as they were the only ones that could deal with these tough droids.

"Retreat! Cover you, we will!" informed Yoda to the clones as he and Storm deflected shots.

The clones heard the response from the Jedi Master as they began to run with the two covering them. Once they made sure they got a good distance, Storm and Yoda leaped off the rock with the small Jedi Master now riding on the boy's back.

"Why do I have the feeling, I'm gonna be carrying you around a lot?" asked Storm as he ran with his lightsaber still active.

"Until you are Jedi Master, my command you obey. Now, mush." giggled Yoda as he enjoyed the ride on the teen as they were now escaping from danger. He deflected a shot from one of the droids as it hit a tree. The blast caused it to fall as it now blocked the path for the droids to follow them.


Back with the King and the two Sith girls, they had received a transmission from one of their droids.

"Republic troops are injured. The Jedi are in full retreat. Supreme Leaders."

"Good. Pursue them without delay," said Ventress.

"Don't harm the boy too much, I need to have my turn with him," stated Sunset with a smile on her face.

"The contest isn't over yet." stated the King of Toydaria. He then pulled out his communicator to contact Yoda as he saw the holographic image of the Jedi Master as he was on Storm's shoulder. "Master Yoda, I hear you're having trouble with the droid army."

"No shit!!" shouted Storm as he was slapped in the head by Yoda.

"Trouble? I know nothing of this trouble. Look forward to our meeting soon I do." smiled Yoda with a smug grin as Storm was rubbing the back of his head.

Ventress used the Force to grab the communicator from the King's hand as she crushed it out of hatred. "The Jedi won't elude me for long."

Our heroes were now walking as the lieutenant had injured his foot as he was being held by one of his soldiers. He had his arm over his shoulder as he carried his commander. The entire group was now approaching a canyon as it had tons of caves.

"Are you sure we should go in there, general?" asked one of the clones to Yoda. "There's no way out."

"Now rest, we must." instructed the Jedi Master.

With that, our heroes now entered the cave. Meanwhile, more Superbattle droids were marching as they passed the bodies of their destroyed comrades. Even the tanks from before were trailing behind them as they were running over the trees that were in their way. Back in the cave, the group was now taking some time to recover as one of the clones turned on a lantern and placed it in the middle of them as it allowed some light to be present.

"We're low on ammo, sirs." said one of the clones. "Only two grenades and one rocket for the launcher."

"Against a battalion?" scoffed another clone. "Forget it. We've lost."

"So certain of defeat are you, hmm?" asked Yoda to his troops. He then ignited his lightsaber as he used it to slash the blaster rifle in half.

"There's gotta be a way. The King is counting on us to reach him," said Storm as he picked up a stick.

He was now drawing some figures as he was trying to come up with a plan. It seemed Twilight was influencing the boy as his mind was hard at work running different calculations and ideas on how to handle the many droids coming for them.

"With respect, generals, maybe you both should go on." stated the lieutenant. "Let us slow 'em down."

"All around us is that which we need to prevail. Yes. Hmm." said Master Yoda. He then handed the part of the rifle he cut as it was now a crouch for the lieutenant to use to help him move with his injury.

"Come, sit. Your helmets, remove them." gestured Yoda to the clones. "Your faces I wish to see."

The three clones then did as they were told. They each removed their helmets as they took a seat looking at the two Jedi.

"There's not much to look at here, sir." said the lieutenant. "We all share the same face."

"Deceive you, eyes can. In the Force, very different each one of you are."

"What do you mean, Master?" asked Storm.

"Pay attention, Storm." said the Jedi Master to the boy as he began to walk over to each of the clones.

"Rys, always focused on the enemy, are you. For inspiration, look to yourself and those beside you," said Yoda tapping the clone's chest with his walking stick. He then walked to the next clone sitting down. "Jek. Concerned about weapons, you are. Weapons do not win battles. Your mind, powerful it is. Hmm. Outthink the droids you can." He then turned to address the lieutenant. "Thire, rush not into fights. Long is the war. Only by surviving it will you prevail. Yes. Hmm." Master Yoda then walked back as he stood in front of the entire group.

"As you see, Storm. Clones they may be. But the Force resides in all life forms. Use it you can to quiet your mind." said the Jedi Master. He then turned to look at the boy as he now hopped off of the rock and looked at his eyes.

"Strong is your friendships, powerful, yes. Putting your faith in others will determine, dead or alive, you shall make the choice. To be a leader, Storm. One must deal with sacrifice." stated the Jedi Master. "Understand, do you?"

"Not... fully... but," before Storm could finish what he was going to say, there was a rumble. It got the attention of everyone as they looked back at the entrance of the cave.

The whole group now exited out of the cave as they looked over the edge of the cliff. Down below, droids and tanks were traveling along as they were still hunting our heroes. The clones still had their helmets removed as they were watching their enemy with the Jedi.

"Tanks. Is that the best they can throw at us?" mocked Rys.

"Yeah, but I've only got one shot," informed Jek.

"Then you better make it count." assured Storm as he kept on watching the enemy.

"Greet them I will."

"What?" said Storm.

"General, you don't plan to take that whole column by yourself?" asked Thire as he walked with the crouch in hand.

"Have you four I do! Outnumber are they!" giggled Yoda. "Know the time to help me you will." instructed the Jedi to both the boy and the clones as he now jumped.

"General Storm, do you think it's a good idea?" asked Thire.

"I trust Master Yoda's ability, but you never know. Let's see what he does." instructed the boy as all four now watched from on top of the cliff as they prepared to see what was about to unfold.

Master Yoda hopped down from platform to platform along the canyon. He flipped forward as he landed in front of the droids and their tanks. He sat down with a casual smile on his face in front of the enemy. The lid of one of the tanks popped open as the commander droid saw Yoda sitting down with his eyes closed like he was meditating.

"It's the Jedi!" said the commander. "Block his escape! Prepare to fire!" ordered the leader as all the droids now surrounded Yoda with their guns pointed at him. Even the tanks all aimed at him.

At that moment, he contacted the Sith girls as Ventress' communicator went off.

"Supreme Leaders, we've found the Jedi."

"Excellent. Where is he?" asked Ventress.

"He's just sitting in front of our tanks." answered the droid.

"You dumbassess!!!" screamed Sunset at the top of her lungs. "Shoot him! Shoot him now!!!"

"Quickly! Ready, aim, fire!" shouted the commander to his troops as Yoda now opened his eyes. "Fire!"

At that moment, tons of blasters were fired as lasers came out. Yoda just simply leaped into the air at the last second. He did a barrel roll in the air as he landed and turned on his lightsaber. He deflected one blast as he was now running at high speed as the droids were having a tough time hitting the small Jedi Master. He kept on running as he sliced and droids in his way as he was heading towards the tank, or rather under it.

"He's gone under the tank!" shouted the commander.

Yoda now used his lightsaber as he was making a hole around him under the ship. He then used the Force to pull apart the hole he made as he entered inside of the tank.

"Oh, no!" said the commander droid as he could feel the tank rocking about.

The exit opened as two droids tried to run, but Yoda had them in place with the Force as he then yanked them back in as only the sound of the lightsaber slashing metal was heard as the parts came flying out.

"But I just got promoted!" said the commander droid as he was now sliced by Yoda.

Yoda then hopped out of the tank as he used the Force and tossed all of the droid parts out of the hatch and over to where Storm and the clones were.

"Doesn't look like the general needs help to me," said Thire.

"Well, that's my cue. You guys wait for yours." said Storm as he was given the signal by Yoda.

He then jumped down as he landed and got some of the droids' attention as the teen began to fight back as he took them out. Yoda then hopped off of the tank as he and Storm were now working their magic as they evaded shots while fighting back against the massive numbers. Yoda then hopped onto a tank as he was in front of the cannon as it locked onto him.

"We've got him in our sights!" stated the droid inside.

He then fired as Yoda jumped once again as the shot hit the other tank and several droids around it as an explosion went off. Both Jedi continued to fight as more and more droids were having trouble with the duo, especially with the Jedi Master. Yoda was now on another tank as Storm distracted most of the foot soldiers. He stabbed his lightsaber on the lid as he made a circle and then used the Force as he ripped it off and sent the droid who was holding onto it flying. In distance, both the King and the Sith girls could see where they were as there was smoke rising.

"That's a lot of smoke for a surrender." chuckled the King with a smug expression.

Both girls then turned their back to the King as they contacted their forces.

"Report. What's going on over there?" asked Ventress.

"224, come in!" yelled Sunset. An image came up but it wasn't the droid they were asking for. "Where the hell is 224?"

"Destroyed, Supreme Leaders. The Jedi have overrun our position and..." at that moment, Yoda came into focus as he sliced the head off of the droid communicating as the Sith girls saw this.

"I think perhaps all those stories about the Jedi are true." said the King as he overheard the conversation with a smile.

"The fight isn't over yet, Majesty." Ventress then pushed a button on her wrist as now tons of Destroyer droids came online as they turned into a ball and were now zooming at high speeds from the ship towards the Jedi.

Meanwhile, both Storm and Yoda were running side by side as they were cutting the remaining droids with ease. Up above the clones were watching this.

"The generals are cutting them up," said Jek as all three let out a laugh.

Soon Rys noticed something as he got the attention of the squad.

"We've got trouble. The clankers sent reinforcements," said Rys as they saw the Destroyer droids inbound.

"The generals are too busy with that tank. They won't see 'em coming." said Lieutenant Thire.

"I think I know how to deal with them," said Jek as he looked across at the cliff.

The pair now split up. Storm took out the last droids while Yoda slid under the last tank as he dragged his lightsaber up behind him. He then emerged from under it as his eyes shifted back as an explosion went off with a sly smile on the Jedi Master's face. At that moment, Storm joined Yoda as before the pair was now a line of Destroyer droids as their shields came up and pointed their guns at the duo. Both held out their lightsabers and got in a ready position. Shots were fired as the pair was deflecting the blasts.

Up on the cliff, Thire had the rocket launcher in hand as he steadied it on his shoulder. Once he got it situated, he then looked ahead as he aimed with his helmet on. The rocket was fired out of the launcher as it made contact with the cliff across from them. The Jedi saw the rocket as it hit the target and soon tons of rocks were now falling as they landed on top of the droids crushing them.

"Yeah! Great shot, sir!" cheered the Jek and Rys to their lieutenant.

"That's giving it to the clankers!" said Thire as he now stood up. They all began to slowly get down from the cliff.

Storm wiped his forehead as Yoda was on the rock next to the boy sitting as some birds landed on his hand. One of the birds now hovered in front of the teen as he looked at the tiny thing. It then nuzzled itself against his cheek as Storm just smiled as the three clones now approached the Jedi.

"Hmm. Learned something today have you, lieutenant, hmm?" asked Yoda as more birds landed on his ears.

"I think we all did, general," said Thire as he walked with the crutch.

The birds then flew away from the Jedi as Yoda now hopped down from the rock.

"Come. Behind schedule are we. Not polite to be late." stated Yoda.

The whole group now began to walk. Storm soon felt something on his back as he saw Yoda was now clinging to him like a monkey.

"Really?" asked Storm.

"Mush, I say." giggled the Jedi Master as Storm just walked with Yoda taking it easy and letting the boy do all the work.


The sun was now starting to set as an orange color filled the sky. The King and the two Sith girls were now contacting Count Dooku as his image now came up.

"You were right, Count Dooku. One Jedi is not worth a hundred battle droids, more like a thousand. I'm sorry, but I will be joining the Republic." said the King.

"I urge you to reconsider, wise king. I promise you won't regret it," stated Dooku.

"Your agent also promised me Yoda would get a fair fight. I will not deal with those who break their words."

"So be it. Perhaps our negotiations will be more fruitful with your successor. Ventress, kill him!" ordered Dooku.

Ventress then turned on her lightsabers as the King's guard looked to protect their majesty. They fired some shots to which Ventress just simply blocked and used the Force to push them onto the ground. She then prepared to swing her blades as both were stopped inches away from the King's face and being held in place. She was struggling to move her arms as they looked to the side to see that Master Yoda and his crew had arrived as he was holding in place Ventress' arm with his hand.

The two droids aimed their blasters only for them to be shot by the clones taking them out. Sunset now turned hers on as she tried to finish the job, but she was stopped by a yellow blade as it blocked her attack.

"What a sore loser, Sunny." taunted Storm with a smug smile on his face.

Sunset was irate as she and the boy now began to trade attacks with the boy before he knocked her blade out of her hand. Before she could call it back to her hand, Storm now had his arm under her chin as he held the girl in a hold as she struggled to break free.

"Jedi Master Yoda, Jedi Knight Storm, I am very pleased to meet you both at last." said the King as he thanked the Jedi for saving his life.

"Share the feeling I do, King Katuunko," said Yoda as he walked a bit closer while keeping his hand out as he held Ventress' arms with ease. He then looked at the girl as his power just pushed the Sith girl without him so much as blinking as she dragged along the floor.

"Failed you Ventress and Sunset have, count," said Yoda to Dooku.

"I don't fear you, Jedi," said Ventress.

"Strong you are with the dark side, young one, but not that strong," said Yoda smugly as he put his hand out and made no effort as Ventress' lightsabers flew out of her hands to his.

"Gees, I forget how scary strong Master Yoda really is," said Storm as even after all the years of training, the small Jedi Master still amazed the boy by his power levels.

"Still much to learn you have," said Yoda as he looked at her lightsabers before returning them to Ventress. "Surrender you should."

She simply put her lightsabers on her belt and then pulled out a denotator. An explosion went off as the rocks above them were now starting to fall. Yoda then sprung into action as he put both of his hands out and used the Force to stop it completely in its tracks to save everyone. At that moment, Sunset made her move as she elbowed Storm in his midsection which loosen the hold a bit but he still kept his arm under her chin. She then rolled onto the ground as she managed to free herself as the boy was on the floor as she was on top of him. She smiled slyly as she put her hand to the boy's chest.

"You continue to amaze me, Storm. I can't wait for our next 'private session'. I'll call you." said Sunset as she got off and began to escape.

She grabbed her lightsaber and entered the ship as the landing pad retracted and the ship took off as Storm chased after her as the ship rose into the air and disappeared. The boy had a scowl on his face as he saw the enemy was long gone.

"See you soon, Sunset." said the Jedi Knight holding the scowl.

Master Yoda now tossed the rocks away as he managed to gain his concentration. He too turned around just in time to see the ship that the girls had arrived in was now leaving.

"Hmm. In the end, cowards are those who follow the dark side," said Yoda to the hologram of Count Dooku as he was still present.

"It's a pity I wasn't there in person, my old master."

"A pity indeed, my fallen apprentice."

That last image was of both Yoda and Count Dooku as the former apprentice and master looked at one another. Their eyes told the whole story. Soon the transmission was cut off.

"Remind me, how Dooku was your apprentice?" stated Storm.

Yoda let out a sigh, "Storm, mustn't forget. The dark side of the Force is tempting. Do not let Sunset's actions, influence you. Temptation, strong it is, but never forget." said the Jedi Master to the teen.

"Don't worry, I won't be tempted by her advances." said the boy as Yoda smiled.

"Perhaps now, begin negotiations we can," said Yoda to the King.

"That will not be necessary, my friend. You have my faith." said the King as his guards were now back on their feet and stood behind their leader. "Toydaria would be honored to host a Republic base. My people are at your service." The King then presented his sword to Yoda to show his loyalty in helping our heroes.

"Your Majesty, fail you we will not," said Yoda as he accepted the sword.

The sound of an engine was heard as our heroes and the King all looked up at the sky to see a Republic cruiser and some gunships flying about. One of them landed near our heroes as they all prepared to board the ship as their mission was a success.

PreviousChapters Next