• Published 20th Nov 2021
  • 2,450 Views, 857 Comments

Star Wars: The Great War - ShootingStar25



You've heard it time and time again. The Force surrounds us and binds the galaxy together. Well, that hits both hard and true. The time for survival is now and may the Force guide us to a better tomorrow.

  • ...
1
 857
 2,450

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 28: Hanging Out

"Is there no end in sight, Master Yoda?" asked Luna.

In a room, Master Yoda, Windu, Obi-wan, Celestia, and Luna were all seated as they were discussing some things. The recent adventure had been brought to their attention when they saw Anakin and Storm bruised. Since then, they informed the boys and the girls to take some time to lay back before getting back into the fight.

"The Dark Side of the Force clouds everything. See the future, hard it is," spoke the older Jedi Master.

"Any word on the latest star systems?" asked Celestia.

"More have joined the Separatists as they believe they can offer more support than we can," stated Windu.

"Our numbers are spread thin, we barely have enough Jedi to keep the peace across the galaxy," said Obi-wan. "Not to mention, protect the Republic which has stood for about a thousand years."

"And then there's the prophecy," said Luna.

All five Jedi Masters began to think about the ancient prophecy. The one that stated a single Jedi would bring balance to the Force.

"Tell me, Obi-wan. Do you believe Anakin, your own student, to be the one to bring back to the Force?" asked Celestia to her friend.

"He's reckless, not to mention arrogant at times," spoke Kenobi.

"Yes, a trait that all Jedi possess. Even the older, more experienced ones, struggle do they with it," said Yoda making sure to address everyone in the room.

"But he is a good soldier and a powerful Jedi. If he's the one prophesized, then I have no doubt he will do the right thing," said Obi-wan.

"Then all we can do is continue our fight in this Clone War," spoke Windu.

"If I may ask, Luna, Celestia. Barring my apprentice, if he wasn't, do either of you think that your students might be the one the prophecy told about?" asked Obi-wan.

Both sisters looked at each other and then thought about their apprentices. They were thinking of everything that made their students as they had their answer.

"No!" spoke both Jedi Masters in a stern tone and stone-cold look on their faces. Not to mention how quickly they answered the question.


After his latest adventure and being told by the Jedi Council to step back from the war, Storm had decided to catch up on his studies and training sessions.

"Try again," said the boy.

"Nope!" shouted Twilight as she was in the air. She was now falling as she landed on a mat.

The pair was working on Twilight's ability to corkscrew as she was determined to execute the move.

"You gotta rotate your body, Sparky."

"I'm still trying to get the proper takeoff," responded Twilight as she laid on the mat, limbs out and out of breath. "How did you manage to pull it off?"

"Fell on my ass several times," stated the boy. He then chuckled as he approached the girl and offered his hand.

Twilight grabbed his hand and with a tug, pulled the girl to her feet. They decided that was enough practice for the day as they had other things to do. They entered the training ground as the pair began to do some basic form practices. Once they took turns doing their "warmup", they then began the real exercise. Both drew their blades as they each took a stance.

Both moved in a clockwise position as they waited. They were using the Force to feel their opponents and try to predict what move they might make. Both took a step forward as they had their blades clash as they hummed. Their faces lit up by the lavender and yellow light as a test of strength began. Storm was a bit physically stronger than Twilight as he began to push the girl as she felt her feet skid along the ground.

Knowing she couldn't win a test of strength, Twilight had to use her wits as she did a low sweep that caused the boy to fumble. With that small window, she lunged forward with her lightsaber downwards. The boy recovered from his tumble as he blocked the weapon to the side and used his legs to sweep Twilight. He did a kip-up as she spun on her hands and twisted as the girl got to her feet.

They then took it up a notch as they put their weapons on the side and put their hands up. Storm put his hand up for Twilight as she interlocked hers with his. He then brought his other arm up as Twilight slowly raised her to meet his as she knew once it locked, it would be another test of strength. He was about to fake out the girl to apply a hold when Storm reacted quickly by yanking the arm they had connected downwards.

Twilight let out a gasp at the sudden jerk to her limb as that allowed Storm to put the girl in a waist lock. Twilight recovered as she reached down and grabbed Storm's leg as that allowed her to roll through as the boy was on the ground. She began to yank on the boy's foot in an ankle lock; Storm was able to counter by grabbing her leg and reversing their position. He now had her in a lock as Twilight countered by using her other leg to push him back as it broke the hold.

Twilight then rushed to deliver a punch as Storm moved his head out of the way as he went for another waist lock. He then lifted the girl to slam her to the ground as Twilight wiggled free and then had him in her own waist lock. She tried to do the same, but when they tumbled to the floor, the boy was able to use the momentum to transition out of it as he got Twilight in a seated armbar hold.

The girl was able to twist out so that she could do a quick arm drag as Storm rolled onto his hands and knees. She then went for a kick as Storm quickly laid down to avoid it as he then tried to sweep the girl with his hand as Twilight jumped to avoid it. She landed as Storm got to one knee as she went for a quick PK(penalty kick) to which he ducked as she spun with speed. She spun as when she came back around, both did a quick fake-out as they stood there.

Safe to say, their little wrestling match made them both smile as they gave a nod to the other. They chuckled a bit as they were enjoying themselves. The pair then transition to using their blades against as they kept on sparring.

Once they finished, they returned to a meditation room to focus their mind. Each was tuning with the Force, for Twilight, she was being shown visions from her past. Each one was different, but they all had one thing.

Remember your promise.

Princess, Princess, Princess, Princess! PRINCESS!!!!

The girl opened her eyes as she saw Storm sitting there. The words she heard rang as she looked at her partner. She was debating on whether she trusted him enough with her secret. The next part they did was more on the girl's enjoyment as they had to read some books and study some holo-vids to write a report for their masters. The pair sat at a table on opposite ends. The only difference is that Twilight had two stacks of books while Storm had just a single book.

For the next few hours, the two teens began their studies. Twilight finished in record time as she took a break by reading her stack of books. Now and then, she would glance at the boy and offer her help when he needed it. Once the report he had to do for Luna was done, Twilight wasted no time in getting Storm to brush on different languages to which the boy just threw a crumpled-up ball of paper to her face.

"Do you understand this phrase?" asked Twilight.

"Yes, Sparky," said Storm as he now slumped back in his chair and let out a breath. The past hours of nonstop reading were taking a toll on his mental health.

Twilight just rolled her eyes at how overdramatic her partner was acting. She then had a thought cross her mind as she thought of it and chuckled a bit.

"Is my misery and pain amusing you, Sparky?"

"No, it's just... I just thought of how much things have changed. You know, since we first met. What were your thoughts when Master Luna brought up the idea that we should be partnered up?"

"To be honest, I wasn't the biggest fan. Moreso than that, I'm used to doing things on my own. That and because... I guess I felt like if I had a partner, I would need to be responsible for watching over them. And if the worst were to happen... then... I would be at fault. Guess you could say that I didn't want that on my conscious, since it might push me to the Dark side. And I might never forgive myself."

"That's understandable," said Twilight, "Well, I too was hesitant. As you can probably guess, I'm... not the most social person."

"No, really?" mocked Storm.

"Okay, I get it. No need to make fun of me." pouted Twilight. "I was skeptical since I felt that a partner, while it may improve my studies, it might affect them. So as you can guess, the moment I became Celestia's padawan, I spent all my time isolated and secluded. Not interacting with many other Jedi other than training sessions. But as you saw on Christophsis, real experience is different than the stuff you do in practice."

"I just... want to be a partner that I know you can count on. I want to help." said the girl. "How do you do it?"

"As I said, I just never thought I couldn't. I never once told myself that I wasn't capable of doing it. I said I was going to become a Jedi, and I put in the effort to make it a reality. Not once did I think that I didn't have what it took." spoke Storm.

"I wish I knew... what that felt like," said Twilight putting her head down. She was impressed by Storm's level of confidence, one that she admired couldn't be shaken with ease.

"I'll give you props, Sparky. You may be annoying at times, but your intelligence is something I found... admirable. Your willingness and desire to understand the Force and the galaxy around you, that's something I can give praise to. Not many people commit their lives to doing that." smiled Storm as Twilight raised her head and looked at her partner with a smile.

"Can I ask another question?" asked the girl.

"Shoot."

"Why do you call me Sparky?"

"Cause it's easier than saying, Sparkle."

"No, it's not!" pouted Twilight.

"Calm down, Sparky. I'm just messing with you. To be honest... the name just popped into my head. I don't how or why, but... it just did... so I went with it."

"Really?" said Twilight with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, besides me calling you Sparky is actually a term of endearment."

Twilight understood that and ended up smiling, then asked "So, should I come with a nickname for you?"

"Knock yourself out."

"Uhm, what would I even call you?"

"I don't know, Sparky. There's not much you can make from my name. But... you're a nerd, so I'm sure you'll figure something out." responded Storm with a smile.

"I would normally get anger at you calling me a nerd, but... I'll let it slide this one time," said the girl as she smiled back.

"Partners?" asked Storm.

"Partners."

The pair did a quick high five. For the next few hours, they continued with their studies. Twilight helped the boy to understand some more languages from different species. Storm helped Twilight with some lightsaber moves, stances, as well as some close combat holds and strikes.

The day was slowly coming to an end as the sun was starting its descent.

"Well, today was a productive day. Kinda nice when we don't have to constantly go on missions," said Twilight.

"I mean, I enjoy the action. But it is nice to take a break. Sort helps to remind you that we're human. And that we need to take care of ourselves both physically and mentally." said Storm.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Yeah," said Storm as he turned as he was looking to leave the Jedi Temple instead of heading to his quarters.

"Where are you going?" asked Twilight.

"It's barely evening, Sparky. We still got plenty of time before curfew, so I'm going to go enjoy myself. There's a little nice place that I hang out from time to time."

"Hang out?" said Twilight.

"A small establishment where teens our age like to come to hang out, chill, eat, see a show. That kind of thing."

"Sounds, intriguing. Mind if I tag along, for research purposes?" asked the girl.

"If that's your excuse for wanting to check out the place? I'm not gonna be associated with you," said Storm as he left with Twilight following behind.


The pair was able to make it to the place as they entered. True to Storm's word, the place was filled with people of their age. They all sat at tables and booths where they were talking. Food was brought as on the stage, a Dj was playing some music. The pair entered as they paid the entry fee and sat in one of the many booths on opposite ends. The stage then began to host many different acts like people coming up for open mic night, poetry reading, even some karaoke. All of it, Twilight was enjoying it as the boy did his job of answering any questions she had.

The two Jedi were enjoying themselves as soon their attention was caught by a certain person who approached their table. It was a person who was of similar age as them. A white-coated girl with blue hair that alternated from light to dark and a pair of sunglasses and headphones around her neck, bobbing her head to a beat that only she could hear. She saw Storm as the two did a quick special handshake to which Twilight looked at them like she was seeing something unknown.

"How's it hanging, Storm?" asked the girl.

"Nothing, just chilling, Vinyl," said the boy.

"Hey, while I'm working, it's my stage name. Remember," chuckled the girl as she put the headphones up and went to her equipment on stage.

"What or who is all that?" asked Twilight as she clueless at what she saw.

"Just a friend I tend to hang out whenever I here. Her's name Vinyl Scratch, but while she works, she goes by her DJ name." said Storm. At that moment, both of their attention as with everybody in the small hangout now turned to the stage.

"Alright, everyone. Please put your hands together for Big Trouble," said Vinyl as a person appeared on the stage with a mic in his hand.

The boy appeared on stage as groans and a few boos were heard as they saw the kid.

"Why are they booing?" asked Twilight.

"Cause every week, this guy comes here and he tries to show that he can spit bars. When all of his rhymes and raps just suck." said Storm.

"I'm back," said Big Trouble. His response was less than pleasant as the crowd booed more. "Trust me, this time I got you fools this time. Dj, hit it."

Vinyl just shook her head as she pushed a button. The beat began as the girl was now doing her job of setting the mood and getting people bopping to the beat. The boy began to speak into the microphone.

"Y'all better watch out. Cause Big Trouble is on the mic now. I knock all of your lights out with my verses, you'll be cursing. Throw the lights and fireworks."

The whole crowd heard this as they remained silent. The only sound was the beat that the Dj played. There was a cough but everybody in the crowd wasn't amused.

"Oh brother. This guy stinks!" shouted a voice.

"Who said that?!" said the boy. He began to scan the crowd as he then saw Storm. "You? Hey, bro. Did you just say that?"

"I mean come on, even my grandmother could come up with a better rap than that."

"Storm?" said Twilight as she was unsure what her partner was doing.

"I suppose you could do," taunted Big Trouble.

"Please."

"Storm, wait," said Twilight as she watched the boy get up.

He made it to the stage as Vinyl tossed another mic to Storm and held it firmly in his hand. The Jedi gave a wink to his pal as she began to change up the beat and added some more effects as the music was now pumping up a bit. He saw the boy who was of similar age as he smiled. He then began to speak.

"You step to me and you gonna get cream, corn all up in your teeth. You reek, you're the opposite shape, freak. Your rhymes are like antiques. Nobody wants them, they throw them all away. Riding from the get-go like your brain is on delay. Matter of fact, yo, you'd better get a checkup. Go ask your doctor why you'd be so ugly from the neck up."

Seems Storm's response was a bit more recessive as the crowd made some noise.

"What did he just say?" asked Twilight as she didn't fully understand the meaning behind her partner's words.

"Well," said Storm with his arms crossed and a smug smile.

"It ain't over," said his opponent.

Vinyl knew what was about to happen as she turned the beat up as a good old-fashioned rap battle was going down. Storm knew what was happening as he kept that smug expression.

"Why you talking bout beauty man, don't understand what that got to do with you, fool. You're like a spoiled ham in a can. So bland. Expiration date overdue." responded Big Trouble.

"Okay, hold up. You wanna talk words and verse, but your face is distracting. So ugly it bugs me. Take care of that mess and sweep it under the rug, please. So trust me, you're taking matters from bad to worst. The only solution is to turn around in reverse." said Storm.

Once again, the crowd was now getting into the battle between the two male teens. At that moment, Storm heard some of the beats that Vinyl had added as he now addressed her while speaking into the mic as he wanted to do something.

"Dj, play that beat," said the Jedi as the girl began to replay the beat sound on a loop.

"Cuh, Cuh, Cuh, Cuh, Cuh, Cuh," was the sound of the beat. She then added another sound as it blended with the previous beat.

"Cuh, ss, cuh, cuh, cuh, ss, cuh, cuh, cuh. Ss, cuh, cuh, cuh, ss, ss, ss."

Vinyl then nodded to Storm as the boy began to work some magic of his own.

"Cuh, ss, cuh, cuh, cuh, ss, cuh, cuh, cuh. Ss, ss, ss, ss."

"Oh, Dj, I love that beat. Everything you beatbox sounds so sweet, but can you see what I see?" rapped Storm in time of Vinyl's beats. "You're using the sounds of hard and soft c. Cuh, as in cacophony or coal, cupcakes, calories. I can't control. Can you call me before you go?"

"Caw, caw." Vinyl added a sound effect on her set up.

"Was that a canary or a crow? Soft c is also nice at the end of words like rice or twice. It sounds like an s, but take my advice. Sometimes you need a soft c to add that spice." said Storm as he was still freestyle rapping.

"Cuh, cuh, cuh, cuh, ss, ss, ss, ss, ss. Cuh." beatboxed the beat in a faster pace.

"And when the sounds work together, the circus is in town. They run circles around this ground. The other letters fall back. This is just a little hard c, soft c practice." finished Storm as the beat reached the end of their little activity.

They were giving cheers and applause at how the young Jedi Knight had skills on the mic. Once more, Vinyl and Storm did their handshake as they smiled at each other.

"It's not over. Freestyle round!" challenged Big Trouble.

"Freestyle?" said Twilight as she heard that.

"It's where both individuals are given three words and they have to make up a freestyle rap. Three rounds, each person gets one round and then for the third one, they are both given the same words and whoever comes up with a rhyme first, wins." said a nearby boy to the girl.

"Alright, alright. Time for some freestyle. Y'all know this works. So let's get to it," said Vinyl. She then changed the beat as it started to sound like the whole place was turned into a nightclub.

Both Storm and his opponent began to tap their feet to the beat. Both kept a stare at each other as the Dj then pulled up some words on a poster as she showed it to the Jedi's opponent. His words were, NFT, Taylor's Version, and Build Back Better. The beat began as he began to freestyle.

"I'm not nervous, but I took some ecstasy. I'mma sell it one time as an NFT. Yeah, then I'll freestyle and kill 'em all. Just like "Taylor's Version" did to Jake Gyllenhaal. Oh, in my real black sweater. I'll give you a 1000 credits, you can build back better."

The crowd gave some applause and some noises to Big Trouble. The boy did a smirk as he looked at Storm. The Jedi looked at the Dj as the beat was still going. Soon he was given his words: Toaster, Unicorn, and Election Day. After seeing them, he then began to bop his head to the beat as he brought the mic to his mouth.

"Oh, man this is such a rollercoaster. I just trying to pop right out of the toaster. Oh yeah, it's what my greatest desire. Because you know the strawberry ones set your shit on fire. Yes, I know that rap was tragic. But I'm unicorn brony and friendship is magic. So, I got an erection today; I can't wait to make my choice on Election Day!"

Just like that, everybody was cheering. Seems once again, the Jedi Knight was keeping up. The final round was now on as the Dj pulled out the final words, this time for both individuals. The words were: Leaf Peeping, Memory Foam, and Tick, Tick... Boom! This proved to be a bit difficult for both teens as their minds began to turn. Soon a voice was heard as everyone listened.

"This is the collabo, keep creeping. Every autumn, we got 'em, we leaf-peeping. I keep creeping, I keep teaching. So these fools know that I'mma keep reaching. You keep reaching, and you never let him alone. They'll never forget you, that shit like memory foam! Give me the throne and let me alone. I remember it all, my mic is memory foam. When I step into the party, I stepped into the room. Yo, I think I heard something go Tick, Tick... Boom!"

At that moment, the crowd got louder as they cheered for the Jedi Knight. Even for someone like Twilight, who didn't understand this kind of culture that her partner was taking part in, she admit that he was impressive in how many people he got to cheer for him. Storm kept that smile at his opponent as he was about to step off the stage.

"One more!!" shouted his opponent. He didn't want to let the Jedi get the last word.

"Positive vs Negative!" said Big Trouble as he laid down the ultimate challenge.

The entire crowd gasped as they heard the gauntlet being thrown. Storm knew what that meant as he looked back at the boy who was hell-bent on making the Jedi suffer the same embarrassment as he'd been doing to him.

"Challenge accepted, bitch," responded Storm.

The whole room now shifted as the music that played changed. Vinyl turned the whole music track into a steady beatbox beat as the whole crowd was now saying the beat in time. They were all moving their heads from side to side as both individuals took a fierce stance as they were about to due battle.

"What is going on?" asked Twilight as she saw the whole atmosphere change.

"It's the ultimate challenge, anybody in here can make. The objective is to come up with a rap using only either positive or negative words. Trust me, it's harder than it looks, cause you also have to keep in time to the beat. One mistake, and you lose it all." said a nearby girl to Twilight.

"Am I in some weird universe?" asked Twilight as she couldn't put into words what was happening so far with her partner.

The battle was now underway.

"Ready!" shouted Bir Trouble.

"Ready!" yelled Storm in time with the beatbox.

"Draw!" shouted Vinyl as both began to rap.

"Where I do start? Oh, this dreadful, you want some negative words, I've got a handful of rhymes. That are terrible and wicked." rhymed Big Trouble.

"Please," scoffed the Jedi in time to the beat, "And I can make the terrible, terrific when I kick it. Whoop, whoop, wicked I can flick it in reverse and make it wonderful without the need to rehearse it." countered Storm with his rhyme. "Take a head full of dreadful and make it dreamy. I can turn your sadness into smiles when you see me."

"Oh leave me alone, I think this place is awful. You're like a frankfurter, well I prefer a falafel. Every waffle and frozen food is horrendous."

"And this is going from awesome to stupendous. When this started, see I knew you were resilient."

"More like resentful."

"See that's brilliant."

"What?" asked Big Trouble.

Storm kept his smile as he saw the crowd was on his side as his opponent knew it too. He then decided to bring this showdown to a close.

"Come on bud, give me another word. I make it positive rest assured." said Storm.

"Jealous."

"Joyful."

"Repulsive."

"Refined."

"Gross!"

"Well, this is great! What else you got on your mind?"

"Well, this is dumb."

"It's divine. I'm delighted you visited."

"Miserable."

"It's a little magnificent, isn't it."

"Spoiled!"

"Sparkling!"

"Lousy!"

"Laughter! We can live..."

"Horribly!" shouted Big Trouble.

"Happily ever after! Phew!" said Storm as he dropped the mic as it hit the ground.

The whole place gave loud applause and noises as that was it. The Jedi Knight gave one more handshake to Vinyl as he tipped her handsomely for doing this fun activity together. He then walked off the stage as he gave some passing high fives to some of the other people in attendance. He made his way back to where Twilight was as she had her mouth open. He closed it for her as she gulped and got her senses back.

"What did you just do?" asked the girl.


The pair remained at the small hangout as Storm answered all of Twilight's questions about what he did. The best way he could explain it to the nerdy girl was that it was like poetry. Just a bit more, aggressive. Eventually, the pair left the place as they returned to the Jedi Temple minutes before their curfew.

"See, we made it with plenty of time to spare. So you don't have to worry about being tardy, Sparky."

"I hope Master Celestia doesn't see me. She's gonna scold me for being out late, not to mention give me a bad grade in being irresponsible," said Twilight.

They entered as they saw Celestia coming from the Jedi Council room. The girl ducked behind a corner as she then yanked Storm down with her as the Jedi Master pasted them. The lavender girl peeked her head to see if her master was gone as she let out a sigh.

"You are so self-cautious, Sparky."

"I am a good student," responded Twilight.

"You mean you're a good ass kisser to your master," stated Storm as Twilight glared at her partner.

The pair then made it to the section where their quarters were as they came to a crossroads.

"Alright, I think I'm gonna be fine. Celestia doesn't know that I was almost out past curfew," said Twilight as she was now pulling her hair and nibbling on her bangs.

"Oh, Sparky, for someone so smart, without a book to tell you the answer, you're hopeless," said Storm as he was about to leave towards his room.

"Wait!" shouted Twilight as it got the boy to look at the girl. "While I don't appreciate that I was almost caught by my master."

"We had plenty of time before curfew," interrupted Storm.

"Let me finish!" shouted the girl as she cleared her throat. "While I don't like that I was almost in trouble. I appreciate you helping me to get out of my comfort zone and socializing."

"I mean, that was your decision to tag along. I had nothing to do with that," said Storm in a deadpanned tone.

"I'm trying to say thanks, but you're so... ah! Why are you in my head?" said the girl as the boy was always constantly on her mind, and it annoyed her.

"Look, thank you for a nice hangout. And for us bonding earlier in the library. There, I said it." said Twilight as she now left.

Storm just shrugged his shoulders as he turned to leave. He then bumped into Celestia as the boy looked up to see the Jedi Master standing there. The girl stood there as she saw the student of her sister. Nothing was said as both looked at each other.

"I see Twilight has finally gotten to socialize instead of her usual books," said Celestia with a smile. "Thank you, Storm. You did something that I even I couldn't get her to do. I'm glad you're her partner." The Jedi Master walked past the boy as she gave a pat on his shoulder and left.

"Ehh," was all Storm said as he left to retreat for the night.

PreviousChapters Next