• Published 20th Nov 2021
  • 2,450 Views, 857 Comments

Star Wars: The Great War - ShootingStar25



You've heard it time and time again. The Force surrounds us and binds the galaxy together. Well, that hits both hard and true. The time for survival is now and may the Force guide us to a better tomorrow.

  • ...
1
 857
 2,450

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 31: Mystery of a Thousand Moons

A single chance is a galaxy of hope.

Recap: Hard-pressed Jedi and their valiant clone troopers have thwarted an insidious Separatist plot to plant bombs loaded with the deadly blue shadow virus in key Republic systems. Obi-wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and Storm have captured the vile scientist behind the nefarious scheme, Dr. Nuvo Vindi. Now the Jedi prepare to transport Vindi to the Republic capital for trial.

"That was close," said Anakin as he was following behind Dr. Vindi as he was being loaded into a small transport shuttle.

"If that virus had escaped, everyone on Naboo would be dead now," said Storm as he was at the top of the ramp.

"Oh, well. Just another boring day saving the universe," said Obi-wan to his pals.

"All right. Let's take this sleemo back to Theed so we can help the girls clean up down there," said Anakin.

While the boys were loading their package onto the ship. The girls were tasked with cleaning up and disposing of the underground lab. While the clones were disposing of the plants in the room, Twilight couldn't help herself as her inner bookworm came out. The idea of studying these plants and documenting them caused her to go into nerd mode as she pulled out the personal notebook she carried and began to jot down notes.

As for Padme, she was talking with Jar Jar when one of the clones got her attention.

"Senator, you should see this," informed the clone. "It's one of the virus bombs."

"It looks like the chamber that holds the virus is missing," said Padme as she saw the hole of the bomb.

"The droid must have taken it," said the clone.

"Sound the alarm," stated the girl.

An alarm now went off throughout the entire underground lab. The clones were told by Rex to be on the lookout for the missing piece. Two clones were walking in the hallways as they were on patrol.

"How could droids have gotten a hold of the virus container?" asked a clone.

"I don't know, but I don't want to be around when they set it off," said the other clone.

The pair had passed by a hallway as hugging the wall was the servant droid of Dr. Vindi. In its hands was the virus, that our heroes were searching for as it seemed to have taken it out before Padme had found it. So when the bomb was caught by Padme and the droid ran away, he actually had the vial with him.

The droid then began to walk behind the two clones as they entered the bomb room.

"We've already taken the virus containers out of these bombs. We'll just have to check them out again," said a clone.

The droid now entered the bomb room behind them as he ran to one of the bombs on the walls. At that moment, Dr. Vindi was laughing as it caused the three Jedi to look at the doctor who was still on the ramp.

"The virus is liberated," cackled the evil scientist as he seemed to know what his servant droid was doing. "You are doomed, young Jedi, along with the rest of the planet."

The droid now put the vial in the container of a bomb.

"Hey, you!" shouted a clone as he saw the droid.

The droid pushed the button.

"Get away from there!" shouted the other clone as they both ran towards the droid.

That moment, a huge explosion occurred in the bomb room. The door blew open as a blue gas was shown. The boys on the surface felt the vibrations of the bomb as they wobbled a bit.

"What was that?!" shouted Anakin.

In the underground lab, an alarm went off.

"Virus leak," said Rex as he saw what the alarm was telling him. "Get to the safe room. Come on!" shouted the clone to the girls and his men as they all followed him.

The small group was now running as the virus was spreading fast. All the doors began to close in the hallways as the blue smoke was on the heels of the group.

"There's the safe room! No chance!" shouted a clone.

"Hurry! The doors are closing!" shouted Rex. He and a few clones tried to keep it open.

"Don't worry!" shouted Ahsoka as she and Twilight used the Force to keep the doors from shutting.

"Get inside, Captain!" stated Twilight.

The clones all dived through the small opening.

"Hurry!" shouted Rex to the girls.

The girls now ran as they dove and slipped in at the last second. The doors closed, as small bits of the smoke entered the room and disappeared.

"Ahsoka, what is going on down there?" asked Anakin as they were inside the shuttle.

"The droids released the virus, but we managed to seal the lab," said the Padawan.

"And Padme?"

"Haven't heard from her since the bomb," replied the girl.

"Anakin, can you hear me? Anakin?" said Padme as she was now contacting the Jedi Knight.

"Padme, I'm here. Are you alright?"

"Yes, for the time being," said the girl as she and Jar Jar were wearing their protective suits. "Jar Jar and I were in a safety chamber when the alarm went off. We're wearing protective suits."

Anakin let out a sigh as he was relieved to hear that.

"The virus is loose, but the girls have sealed off the entire facility," said Anakin.

"Yes, but any remaining droids will try to break out," said the Senator. "I'll do what I can to stop them. I cannot let that virus escape."

"Be careful," said Anakin as the call ended.

Jar Jar was running around the room as Padme bent down to grab something.

"Here put this on," said the girl as she handed the Gungan his helmet for his suit. "Come on, Jar Jar. We're going to find Ahsoka and Twilight. We'll need their help to find those droids."

The pair with a few clones now began to look for their friends.

With the boys, they had Dr. Vindi on his knees as they all stood in front of him. Anakin pulled out his lightsaber and pointed it at the evil scientist.

"Where's the antidote, Vindi?" asked Anakin.

The doctor laughed, "You mistake my role, Jedi. My job was to manufacture a plague, not to cure it."

"We don't have time for games."

"Patience, Anakin. There's more than one way to skin a womprat," said Obi-wan.

"I said, Where?!" shouted the boy as he started to get the blade closed to the doctor's throat.

"Anakin!" stated Storm as he turned his blade on and pushed it against the Jedi Knight's as if he was trying to stop his friend from killing the doctor.

For a moment, the two looked at each other as they looked ready in case they were about to fight each other. On the inside of them, their auras were telling a different story as one was dark and one was light.

"Yes, kill me now and spare these old bones the blue shadow's dire embrace because once the first droid breaks out of the laboratory, all Naboo is doomed!" said the doctor.

"Anakin, the fastest way to save the girls is to get Vindi back to the capital and find an actual antidote," said Obi-wan as he was trying to get his student to not let his anger blind him.

Anakin looked at Storm who was still repelling his blade with his and then took in the words of his master. He then retracted his lightsaber as Storm did the same. Their shuttle now lifted into the air as they began to leave for the palace.


"No, no, no. Some of the virus got in here," said a clone to Rex and the girls as he was at the computer as it flashed red. "We didn't close the door fast enough."

"We may be dead men, but we can still stop those droids," said Rex to the girls.

"Don't worry. The boys will find a cure for this virus," said Ahsoka to the clone captain. "We're not dead yet."

"Is anyone out there? Can anyone hear..." called a voice through the girls' comlinks.

"Padme, we're trapped in the safe room at the end of complex B," said Twilight to the Senator.

"We'll be right there. Are you contaminated?" asked the girl.

"I'm afraid so," said Ahsoka as they heard some coughing from some clones as they had taken their helmets off.

The shuttle that the Jedi were on had now made it back to the palace. They landed in the hangar as Captain Typho, Pinkie, Rarity was waiting for their friends.

"Dr. Vindi, you'll pay for your treachery. Take him away," said Captain Typho to some guards.

"Where is the rest of the gang?" asked Pinkie.

"Trapped inside the complex. One of the viruses got free and is contaminating the lab," explained Storm to the pink and white girl.

"Now we'll need to find an antidote," said Obi-wan.

"I think I found an answer for you," said Captain Typho to the Jedi.

The Jedi and the girls now followed the captain as he lead them to the communications center.

"So you think you've found a cure?" asked Anakin anxiously.

"Possibly. A little-known extract made from reeksa root, a weed-like vine found only on lego, the world of a thousand moons, deep in Separatist-controlled space," said Captain Typho as a projection was shown.

"Let's go," said Anakin without hesitation.

"You must move cautiously if you--"

"There's no time for caution! My Padawan is trapped down there, and so is Padme!" said Anakin as he cut off the captain.

Obi-wan stopped his student as he gave a look to the Jedi Knight. Storm saw the expression of Kenobi as he was starting to sweat at what the Jedi Master was thinking on how and the way Anakin said that sentence.

"I mean, Senator Amidala," said Anakin as he corrected himself.

"I applaud your courage, General Skywalker, but it's suicide," said Captain Typho. "Once we contain the virus, we can send troops."

"No, Obi-wan, Storm, and I can handle it," said Anakin as he shoved Kenobi's hand off his shoulder and walked away.

"I concur, Anakin," said the Jedi Master as he seemed to be observing his apprentice's behavior.

"I told him," mumbled Storm at seeing his friend act on his personal feelings.

"Shouldn't you be concerned for Twilight?" asked Rarity.

"Sparky is a tough girl, besides she's fine. So long as she's not in severe danger, I have faith in her," replied Storm.

"Well, I'll have to put the celebration party on hold until you guys get back," said Pinkie.

"Don't worry, we'll succeed," said Storm as he now left to go after his friends.

Storm made it to the hangar as he could see Obi-wan giving Anakin a quick talk about his feelings and the reminder that Jedi don't form attachments. The Jedi Master then entered the transport ship as the pair was left. Once again, Storm had to clock Anakin in the head for being a dumbass again. They soon entered the ship as they prepared for takeoff. The trio was in their ship as it entered the atmosphere.

"The girls will be fine," said Obi-wan to his protégé.

"They will be if we succeed," stated Anakin as he prepped the engines. He then pulled the lever as the ship entered hyperspace.


Inside the complex, several droids were patrolling the halls.

"All the doors are locked. How are we gonna get out?" asked a B1 battle droid.

"It's not our problem," said the other droid.

"Boy, that's a relief," said the other.

They passed a hall as behind it were Padme and Jar Jar. Once they turned the corner, they began to head in a different direction. With the girls, it seemed things were not getting better as the clones were coughing a bit more.

"Senator Amidala, where are you?" asked Ahsoka as she was contacting using her comlink.

"We're right outside your safety room," said Padme.

"Can you get the door open?" asked Twilight.

"Go ahead, Jar Jar."

The Gungan now pushed the button as the door was opening up behind the girls and the clones. They saw the pair as a bit more of the smoke entered as it closed behind them when they entered.

"I'm sorry, girls," said Padme as she put her hands on their shoulders to give them comfort for their situation.

"Don't worry about us, Senator. We still have a job to do," said Ahsoka.

"There aren't very many droids left. We saw some heading toward the south entrance," said Padme.

"As long as we're able, we'll help you destroy those droids before they breach the compound," said Twilight.

"You take the north corridor, and we'll take the south," said Padme as she grabbed the blaster that Rex gave her.

The group now split into two as some clones followed the Senator as the rest went with Rex and the girls.

"The droids are close," said Padme. "I can hear them cutting through the wall.

The group came to the end of the corridor as they peaked down it. They saw a group of droids as they began to blast at them. The clones and the Senator, along with Jar Jar, now raced forward as they were taking out the droids. One of them happen to start climbing the ladder so that he could open the hatch. On the other end, more droids were being taken out as it was the girls and Rex as they had now met up. The girls and Rex now stood under the opening as they looked up at the ladder.

"Stop!" shouted Rex as he pointed his weapon up at the droid.

"Don't open that hatch," warned Padme.

"Ha! Too late," said the droid. He pointed his weapon at the hatch as the blast began to ricochet all around him as the droid screamed and then was shot as he fell in pieces.

The boys had exited from hyperspace as they were now in the star system.

"There it is. lego," said Obi-wan.

"What do you make of this?" asked Anakin to his pals.

"It looks like a graveyard... of ships," said Storm as all three Jedi looked out of the window.

Their ship was now navigating towards the planet as they avoid the space debris. They then entered the planet's atmosphere as they came into view. The shuttle was now heading towards a small landing platform with a settlement on it. The ship docked as a view of Separatist battle droids were standing a few meters away.

"Let's go."

"Anakin..." said Kenobi to his student as he rushed out of his seat and was making for the exit.

The Jedi Knight didn't listen or wait for his buddies as the ramp extended and he exited out. He then stopped as he saw the group of droids marching towards them as there were a few vulture droids behind the smaller ones.

"Not good," said the Jedi Knight. He then turned on his lightsaber.

"Welcome to lego. Roger, roger," said all the droids as they marched forward.

"Anakin, wait. Wait!" shouted Kenobi as he tried to get his student to think but he was too late.

"Not again!" groaned Storm.

The Jedi Knight ran forward as he slashed any droids in his path. The droids didn't counter as they just kept on repeating the welcoming phrase. Anakin chopped the head of a droid as it fell to the ground as the boy stopped. He then looked up as he saw the rest of the droids as to his surprise they were all a mix and match in terms of how they were built.

"Welcome to lego," said the droids.

"Very impressive," said Obi-wan as he walked over with Storm. "You just destroyed 17 defenseless battle droids without suffering a scratch," mocked the Jedi Master to his student.

"Welc--" said a droid as he fell in pieces.

"Eighteen, actually." said the Jedi Knight with some pride.

"I would have destroyed 20, but that's just me," snickered Storm with a smug smile as he managed to get under Anakin's skin as he gave the teen a look.

"The venerable Jaybo Hood requests an alliance," said a droid to the trio.

"Jaybo?" said the Jedi in unison.

"Hey. You guys have an idea how long it took me to repurpose those droids?" said a voice.

Coming through the crowd of droids was a ten-year-old boy as he now stood on the body of the destroyed droid in front of the Jedi to appear taller.

"You're Jaybo?" said Anakin.

"Well, do you?" asked the kid.

"To be honest, I wasn't expecting someone younger than me," stated Storm.

The kid now hopped off as he was a bit insulted by the pair's comments.

"I apologize for my friend's rather rash behavior," said Kenobi.

"Nine months, man. It took me nine months," said Jaybo as he tossed the head away. He then jumped into a hammock that was being held by the legs of two vulture droids. The kid then clapped his hands.

"Oh, that's our cue," said a droid to the others as he began to fan the boy. Meanwhile, the others began to serve him at his every whim and will.

"Channel two," said another droid as he turned the dial in his back as it was now surfing the radio as it stopped on a station that played some laid-back instrumental music.

All three Jedi exchanged glances as they approached the kid.

"How'd a kid like you come by this many battle droids anyway?" asked Anakin as they were now inspecting the bots.

"Simple. When the Separatists took off, they left all this junk behind," said Jaybo as he was rocking back and forth in his hammock. "I got a whole warehouse full of 'em right over there." said the kid as he pointed.

"So you programmed them to serve you," said Kenobi.

"No reason to let a good droid rust, right?" answered Jaybo.

"Looks like you used a macro protocol to wipe them all simultaneously," said Anakin as he was inspecting the handiwork of the droids. "Impressive."

"I see you know your droids," said the kid to Anakin.

"Believe it or not, Anakin was a nerd once before as well," snickered Storm as the Jedi Knight grabbed his friend's head and put him in a headlock as he gave him a noogie.

"You're Jedi, aren't you?" asked Jaybo to the trio. "You want me to show you how I did it?"

"Perhaps another time," said Obi-wan as Storm and Anakin finished their little wrestling match as they appeared next to their pal. "What we need now is reeksa root."

"Do you know where we can find some?" asked Storm.

"Here, there, everywhere," said Jaybo with a carefree tone as he laid back in his hammock.

"We don't have time for games, kid. Where's the root?" asked Anakin.

Obi-wan gave a look to Anakin for the way he was asking.

"What my friend is trying to say is that we are in a bit of a hurry," said the Jedi Master.

"Not anymore you're not," said the kid.

"Look, you little..."

"Anakin, leave the swearing to me," said Storm as he stopped his friend from doing his act.

"This system is haunted, cursed, whatever. Anyway, Jedi or not, no one gets off this rock alive, not past Drol," said Jaybo.

"Drol," said the radio droid with a fearful tone.

"Who the hell is Drol?" asked Storm.

"Yeah, Drol, the phantom ruler of lego. He destroys anything that leaves the planet. Fifty of the best star pilots in the galaxy have tried," said the kid putting a grape in his mouth, "Fifty tried, fifty died."

"I suppose that explains the ruined ships in the moonbelt," said Obi-wan to his pals.

"First things first. We'll have to deal with this Drol later," said Anakin.

Back with the girls, they were dealing with their own problems. Destroyer droids were rolling through the hallways as they turned the corner to the right as they soon ran into the group. Twilight and Ahsoka had their lightsabers out as the droids uncurled and started to shoot at them. The clones began to fire back as the girls raced forward while keeping low. They bounced off the walls as they land on top of the shields of the droids and positioned their lightsaber through the barrier so when it turned on, it was stabbed the droid through the head.

"This-a help," said the Gungan as he looked to shoot at the droids.

"Jar Jar, no!" shouted Padme as she tackled him to avoid being hit by a blast. However, during the tackle, her suit had ripped a hole as her skin was exposed to the virus that was around them.

"Senator!" shouted Ashoka as she and Twilight had jumped off the shields and went to check on the girl.

"Senator, your suit's been compromised," said Rex as Padme sat up and saw the tear.

"We're so sorry," said Twilight.

"Don't blame yourself, girls," said Padme taking off her helmet. "These things tend to happen in a war zone."


Back on the planet lego, the boys were looking for the plant. They were currently descending a cliff as they all had backpacks.

"Are you coming?" asked Obi-wan to Jaybo.

"You got to be kidding. No way I'm going down there," said the kid.

"You trying to tell us something?" asked Anakin as he continued to climb.

"Don't worry, it's simple. Follow the vines to the bottom, dig up the roots, but don't touch the vine," warned the ten-year-old.

"Aside from the obvious, why?" asked Storm as he made sure to do a glance at where his footing was as he descended.

"Because the plants don't like it, and they have big, sharp teeth."

"Teeth?" said Anakin at that response. "This is getting better by the minute," stated the Jedi Knight as he looked down.

"And watch out for the flying xandu,"

"You couldn't tell us all of this before we started climbing, kid!!!" shouted Storm as he soon landed on the cliff below.

"What's a xandu?" asked Anakin.

"I'm not sure," said Kenobi.

"Probably some stupid shit the kid made up," replied Storm to his pals.

As if on cue, something came out of the opening next to Anakin. The vibrations caused Anakin to lose his grip as he grabbed onto the creature's leg. Turns out the kid was telling the trio the truth as the creature that the Jedi Knight was hanging onto was indeed a Xandu. It was aerial mammavian species native to the planet. They were one of many predators native to the world, and were capable of hunting and carrying prey as large as a human. it had four wings and two arms and legs as well as large ears to detect prey from a distance. It also had six eyes.

The creature was moving about as Anakin was hanging on for dear life.

"Guys, hop on!" said Anakin as the creature was now hovering near their level.

Both looked at each other as Obi-wan grabbed the creature's other leg as Storm held onto both of his friend's legs to balance out the weight.

"This isn't going to work!" said Kenobi as they were dragging the creature with their weight combined.

Back in the lab...

"How's are you doing up there?" asked a droid to another as he was working on getting the hatch open.

"I'm almost through," said the droid.

"There they are!" shouted Ahsoka as she ran forward to the droids with her lightsaber.

She took out the one on the ladder and then used the Force to pull the one working on the hatch down and into the blade. However, the girl now wobbled a bit as the others ran towards her.

"Ahsoka," said Padme as she was concerned.

"I'm alright," said the girl as she had her arm on the ladder and took some deep breaths.

Seem the virus was now taking its toll on its victims.

The boys were still hanging onto the Xandu as it managed to bring them to the bottom of the cliff.

"There, those are the roots we're looking for," said the Jedi Master.

They let go of the Xandu as they rolled through. They stood up as the ground before them now began to crack open.

"I have a bad feeling about this," said Obi-wan. Anakin pulled out a small tool so that he could get the root. "Don't take too long with that," said the Jedi Master as he and Storm turned their lightsabers on.

"I'll go as fast as I can," said Anakin as he began to hack away at the root.

"Anakin, hurry!" shouted Storm as they saw the Reeksa plant in front of them as it had several flytrap mouths and looked at the trio.

"Anakin? Now," said Kenobi.

"Okay, okay," said the boy as he didn't like that his pals were rushing him. He then yanked what they needed. "Got it!"

"We've got to get out of here now," said Obi-wan as Anakin put the root in his master's backpack.

The plant now lunged itself at the trio as Anakin and Storm cut some of its stems. They all turned and ran as the Reeksa plant followed them. They all made it to the cliff as they began to climb. As they were climbing, the plant appeared behind them and lunged more of its stems at the boys as they all hung by one hand and used their other to slash at the stems. The plant let out a screech as it retreated to the bottom as the trio was now free from danger. They reached the top of the cliff where Jaybo was still waiting for them.

"You made it," said the kid as he rushed to the edge and helped pull the Jedi up. "I knew you would."

"Oh, did you?" said the Jedi Master.

Jaybo now was leading the Jedi back to Cliffhold.

"The place dried up once the spice convoy stopped running. Out here, we're just one of the millions of little backwaters no one cares about," said Jaybo. "Those of us who are left can't leave because of the curse."

"Cursed, we are," said a voice as it got the Jedi to stop in their tracks. They turned to see who said that.

"The planet is cursed."

"Cursed by whom, my twitchy friend?" asked Obi-wan.

"The ghost of Drol, that's who," said the stranger.

"A ghost?" said Anakin as he wasn't buying it.

"The spirit of the 1,000 moons, our protector and destroyer," said the stranger.

"If you ask me, it sounds like a load of--"

"Superstition?" interrupted Obi-wan as he knew what Storm was about to say. Also because they had a ten-year-old nearby.

"That's one word for it," replied Storm.

"Superstition, you say." The stranger then put a communicator on the crate in front of him as a video played.

"Can't hold on much... Someone help me."

The transmission ended as the person who was sitting in his seat was being electrocuted as his ship blew up.

"That was Taquito. He was a friend of mine," said Jaybo.

"Try to leave this planet, and your fate will be the same," said the stranger.

The trio had now made it back to their ship as they were about to leave.

"Never make it past Drol," said the kid as he saw their ship take off.

"The ghost of Drol may be a local superstition, but something real blew up those ships," said Kenobi taking off his backpack and sitting in his seat.

"Yeah, but what?" asked Storm.

"Real we can handle," said Anakin to his pals.

"Too bad. I really liked those guys," said Jaybo as he looked through his binoculars to see their ship as he held a radio in his hand.

"Thanks for your help, kid. We couldn't have done it without you," said Anakin through the transmission.

"Have you run into Drol yet?"

"Not to worry, Jaybo," said Kenobi.

The ship was in space as they were traveling the space debris. They were unaware that their ship had passed some sensors. They now activated a device as it shot out a laser as it bounced among the many space junk orbiting the planet. R2 let out a beep as sensed something wrong.

"What's the matter, R2?" asked Anakin. "Afraid of a ghost?"

In front of the Jedi was the energy field as it was starting to form.

"Drol is just a superstition..."

"There's our ghost!" shouted Obi-wan to his friends as they saw the energy field in front.

"Lasers," said Storm as Anakin was now using his pilot skills to avoid them getting hit.

"We've triggered an energy field," said Obi-wan.

Down on the planet, the inhabitants were seeing the energy field lasers in the sky as they looked like constellations.

"Turn the ship around. We'll never make it through!" shouted Kenobi. Anakin listened to his master as he turned the ship around. "The Separatists must have installed those lasers to prevent people from leaving the planet."

"They're coming back," said Jaybo as he and the group of people who gathered saw their ship landing.

The ship landed as a transmission was being broadcast. The boys saw it as it showed the girls.

"Master, can you hear me?"

"R2, amplify the signal," said Anakin to the droid.

"Destroyed all the battle droids inside the compound, Master," said Ahsoka as she was in a very weak state as was Padme and Twilight.

"Naboo is safe from further contamination. I repeat, Naboo is safe," said Twilight as she let out a severe cough as did Ahsoka. Both Anakin and Storm saw this as they were now very concerned for their partners.

"Promise me that no one will ever open this bunker," said Padme as both boys now had wide opens as they knew what was happening to the girls. "Goodbye, Anakin. I..."

The transmission cut off as Padme coughed. It ended before the girl could tell her husband the message she wanted to send as she felt the final moments of her life approaching.

"No!" said Anakin as he was scared that his wife and Padawan were approaching death.

"Sparky! Sparky! Sparky! Twilight!!!" shouted Storm he too was scared that his partner might not make it.

The ship opened up as the ramp extended as the Jedi were shown.

"We'll borrow a power converter from Jaybo and reprogram it to our feed--"

"Slow down, Anakin," said Obi-wan.

"Slow down? Slow down!!!" shouted Storm as for once, he was with Anakin when it came to panicking about the situation.

"You saw them, Master? They're dying!" said the Jedi Knight to his teacher.

"A great leap forward often requires first taking two steps back," said Obi-wan to his pals as he addressed the way they were behaving.

"And sometimes all it requires is the will to jump," countered Anakin as he and Storm shot a glare at the Jedi Master.

"At least hear me out on this," said Kenobi.


After getting both of his pals to calm down, Obi-wan managed to call a meeting with the citizens of lego.

"Citizens of lego, Drol is not a ghost. Rather, it is a Separatist security system," said Obi-wan to the meeting.

"Nonsense. You were lucky to escape alive. Simple as that," said the stranger the trio met earlier.

"And who says we didn't make our own luck?" countered Anakin.

"The ghost of Drol does, that's who," said the stranger not buying what the Jedi Knight said.

"Did anyone inhabit lego's moons before the Separatist arrived?" asked the Jedi Master.

"The angels, of course," said the stranger.

"Angels?" said Storm as there was more weird stuff coming from the stranger's mouth.

At that moment, someone came into the room. The thing to enter the room was tall and beautiful. It had six wings, and shining white skin as the boys looked at the strange being.

"Are you an Angel?" asked Storm.

"We were a peaceful people before the Separatists drove us from our homes and stole our moon," said the Angel.

"And which moon was that?" asked Obi-wan.

"Millus Prime," said the Angel as she made a holographic map appear.

"The primary node, it must be near Millus Prime," stated Anakin.

"Hmm, vulture droids," said Kenobi stroking his beard. "Jaybo, can you reactivate those vulture droids?"

"Sure, I can even fly them by remote control," said the kid.

"Good, we can have R2 fly the vulture droids as a decoy into the laser field," said Obi-wan.

"And since we know what we're up against this time, we can destroy the laser emitter," said Storm.

"And cut a path right to Millus Prime," said the Jedi Master.

With the girls and the clones, things were far worst. Jar Jar was the only one safe as he still had his suit intact. Padme had taken a wet piece of cloth and damped it over a clone's head as he was coughing.

"What a waste," said Padme.

"It's what these men were born to do," said Rex as he was next to one of his clones who was slumped against the wall not moving. The captain then put a cover over his fallen men to let him rest in peace. He gave honor for his men for giving their life in the name of this war.

"I hope their sacrifices bring us closer to peace," stated Padme.

"It will, Padme," said Ahsoka as she coughed and spoke weakly. "You must believe that..."

"Ahsoka!" shouted the Senator as they rushed over to the girl.

Rex managed to catch the girl as she now fainted as her eyes were closed. Twilight was currently coughing as well as her skin was starting to change due to the virus. She still had some strength as she was sitting against the wall.

Master, I hope you understand. But, it looks like... I won't be here for when the war ends. Sorry, I couldn't keep my promise to you. Hope, I was a good student at least.

Twilight was now thinking of how Celestia might handle the news.

Storm, I'm sorry. Guess I wasn't the partner you needed. Please, forgive me.

The lavender girl pulled out her personal journal, and she put it in her lap. She coughed once more before she struggled to take in a breath of air as her hand began to move. The bookworm was now writing something in her notebook as she hoped that when her body was discovered; she at least hoped that her master and partner knew what her final thoughts were.


"Ready, General Kenobi," said Jaybo through the radio.

"Jaybo, activate the droids," said Anakin.

The kid turned on the remote as the vulture droids began to move.

"Transfer control of the vulture droids to R2," said Storm.

R2 approached the port as he plugged in. Their ship was now taking off once more as the vulture droids followed behind. The ship passed the sensors as they went off. The energy shield was now firing its laser as it began to form the barrier.

"R2, intercept the laser," stated Obi-wan. "Send the vulture droids directly into the laser generator."

R2 gave a beep as he did as the Jedi Master ordered. He was able to use the vulture droids to block the lasers as it allowed them to slip by. Any laser that was in their way or about to hit them in their path, the vulture droids tanked for our heroes as they got by. Once they were in the clear, Obi-wan now fired the guns on the generator as the entire thing was destroyed, and the energy field was no more. From the planet's surface, tons of small explosions went off like fireworks.

"You guys okay?" asked the kid. "Guys?"

"We're fine, kid. I'm afraid you'll need some new droids to boss around, Jaybo," said Anakin. "The ones you lent us are pretty much toast."

Everybody on the planet's surface let out a cheer.

"But the good news is that you're now free to leave lego whenever you choose," said Obi-wan with a smile.

"R2, set a course for Naboo," said Storm as the droid gave a beep.

The boys were landing on the planet as they made it back to the swamp. they landed on the landing pad as there were already clones and medical beds being unloaded. Both Anakin and Storm wasted no time rushing towards the girls to check on them.

"Padme," said Anakin as he saw his wife being stretchered out as she looked at him. "I spoke with the medical droid. He expects you to make a full recovery."

"I never lost faith in you. None of us did," said the girl.

"Oh, well that's good to hear, 'cause there were a few moments where we weren't so sure ourselves," replied the Jedi Knight.

"Well, you did make it." smiled Padme to her husband. "By the way, your Padawan was brilliant." Anakin looked over his shoulder to see Ahsoka as she too laid on a stretcher as she was unconscious.

"I trust I'll see you soon, General Skywalker?" said Padme as she secretly grabbed Anakin's hand while nobody was looking.

"Of course, my lady," smiled Anakin. He then saw the Senator being loaded on the ship.

Obi-wan saw Jar Jar as the Gungan was trying to remove his helmet. He then fell as the Jedi Master bent down.

"I heard you were quite brave fending off the battle droids, Jar Jar," said Kenobi as he removed the helmet for the Gungan.

"Really?" said Jar Jar.

"Senator Amidala suggested we offer you training to help hone your skills with a blaster," said Kenobi as he helped her up.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Oh, boy. I'm a-gonna be trained," stated the Gungan in a happy tone.

"I am not training him," said Rex as his stretcher stopped by the pair as he was not too fond of the idea.

"Pinkie and Rarity will also be taught," said the Jedi Master.

"That makes it even worst. Especially, the pink girl," replied Rex as he was almost wishing he was dead instead of having to teach the two zany individuals how to defend and fire a blaster.

The clone captain was being led away as the Gungan and Jedi smiled.

"You did a fantastic job today, Snips."

"All thanks to your training, Master," said Ahsoka as Anakin went to check on her.

"Yeah, you're right. I probably do deserve most of the credit," said Jedi Knight with a smug expression.

Ahsoka just rolled her eyes at her master's behavior.

"But not all of it," said Anakin.

"Good thing I know you don't mean everything you say," said Ahsoka with a smile.

"Pilot, get these two out of here," instructed the Jedi Knight.

"Thank you, Master."

The medic droids now took Ahsoka on the ship.

Storm was with Twilight as he was checking up on his partner. Safe to say, the boy was glad to see that the girl was still breathing as it got him to take the weight and dread off his shoulder.

"Thanks, Storm."

"Of course, I wasn't gonna let you die on me," chuckled the boy. "Not after how you took care of me when I was laid out on Maridun. You're my partner, besides, we made that promise. Not to mention, Celestia would probably kick my ass if she found I let something terrible happen to you and I wasn't around to help."

"You didn't happen to see my journal, did you?" asked Twilight.

"This," said the boy as he held the notebook in his hand.

"Did you open it?" asked Twilight.

"No," replied the boy. He then handed it to Twilight as the girl held it close to her chest. Storm then grabbed Twilight's left hand as it got her to look at him. "I'll be honest, I was worried about you. But, I had faith. You rescued my life, and now I'm returning the favor. Looks like we're even."

"Heh, so it seems," smiled Twilight as she gripped the boy's hand tighter.

"Sir?" asked a medical droid.

"I'll see you soon, Sparky. Just pray that Celestia won't try to kill me for what happened to you."

"She won't," smiled Twilight as she was now being carried out. Her hand slipped out of Storm's as the boy watched his partner being loaded into the ship with the other girls.

The boys now all stood next to each other as they watched the ships take off. They all had smiles on their faces as they were glad to know that not only did they manage to stop the threat, but that the girls were safe.

PreviousChapters Next