• Published 20th Nov 2021
  • 2,450 Views, 857 Comments

Star Wars: The Great War - ShootingStar25



You've heard it time and time again. The Force surrounds us and binds the galaxy together. Well, that hits both hard and true. The time for survival is now and may the Force guide us to a better tomorrow.

  • ...
1
 857
 2,450

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 48: Weapons Factory

No gift is more precious than trust.

Recap: The final surge. Having learned of warlord Poggle the Lesser's plot to rebuild a separatist droid foundry on Geonosis, Jedi knight Anakin Skywalker and his Padawan Ahsoka Tano, along with Jedi Knights Storm and Twilight Sparkle, prepare to assault this heavily-fortified installation. Their mission: destroy the factory at all costs. Anticipating stiff resistance, Republic commanders send Jedi Master Luminara Unduli and her Padawan Barriss Offee to reinforce the attack. But time runs short for our intrepid heroes as the dreaded droid mill nears completion.

A group of Republic gunships was shown flying. They were heading towards the location of their allies. Onboard was Jedi Master Luminara as she was being accompanied by a female Mirilain girl. She was the padawan of the Jedi Master who was named Barriss Offee.

"Captain, the only safe landing zone is south of Skywalker's position," informed the Jedi Master to the pilot.

"Yes, General."

"Barriss, I assume you've made the necessary preparations?"

"Precisely as you instructed, Master."

"Buckle your belts and check your cells, soldiers. We're going in," said a clone to the men on the ship as they began to prep their guns and themselves.

The droid factory was in view as on the other side of the bridge just a few clicks away, were our heroes. Anakin and Ahsoka were giving a quick briefing with the latter having the responsibility of informing the troops about their plan.

"This bridge is our first waypoint. Focus your fire on the gun emplacements here and here..."

"Because it's only after we neutralize the guns that we can push for the factory," said Anakin as he interrupted his padawan speaking.

"I was... Yes," grunted Ahsoka as some of the clones noticed the tension between the student and teacher. "We can push for the factory. Now, expect stiff resistance from..."

"And don't forget to top off your energy cells and ration packs. Once we leave, there will be no resupply. Anything else, Ahsoka?" said the Jedi Knight as he once again interrupted his padawan.

"No. I think you've pretty much-covered everything... In my briefing," growled the girl in anger.

"Very well. Squad dismissed."

The clones then got up and left as nearby, both Storm and Twilight were watching what went down between their friends.

"Okay, what's next?" asked Anakin to his student.

"You know, Master, my briefings might go better if you didn't interrupt me every time I try to--"

"I wasn't interrupting. I was trying to help you," justified the Jedi Knight.

"Which I would appreciate if you didn't interrupt me to do it. I just think maybe you don't trust me to give the briefing."

"It's not about trust. It's about getting the job done right."

"So you don't trust me to get the job done right. I knew it!" scoffed the girl.

"Snips, I never said--"

"No. No, it's okay. I understand. I'm the Padawan. You're the Master." stated Ahsoka as she left upset.

"Good thing we're not like that, right, Sparky?"

"You really want me to answer that?" replied Twilight to her partner with a raised eyebrow.

"Shut up, nerd!" responded Storm at Twilight saying that.

"Don't call me that!!" yelled Twilight as she too stormed off.

"Girls," scoffed Storm as he rolled his eyes.

The gunships carrying Master Luminara and her padawan were shown landing. Captain Rex was waiting for them as they touched down and the doors opened.

"Good day, General. Skywalker's waiting for you," said Rex as he led the two Jedi to where our heroes were located.

The two Jedi made it to where the others were as they were welcomed to a sight. Both pairs were now shouting and screaming as they were arguing. Despite not hearing what was said between the four, they could tell that both of them were at each other throats. In the case of Storm and Twilight, the pair were now rolling in the dirt as a struggle cloud was shown.

"At it again, are they?" said Master Luminara as she saw the four Jedi.

"Again, Master?" said Barriss with some confusion.

"Let's just say that they have a penchant for playing loose with regulations and rules of command," said the Jedi Master to her student as she was referring to how Anakin and Ahsoka acted towards each other.

"And Ms. Twilight and her partner?" asked Barriss.

"Though both of their masters believe this partnership will help them to become Jedi Masters. They can't help but have different opinions on things. Not to mention the boy tends to get on her nerves at times. Which often leads to the two butting heads." said Luminara as they looked back to see the struggle cloud disburse as Twilight had Storm in a sleeper hold.

Soon the Jedi Master and Padawan heard what was said between the two arguments.

"If you don't trust me, then maybe you should send me back," suggested Ahsoka.

"Don't tempt me, Snips," stated Anakin as he was starting to like that idea.

"Apologize! Say you're sorry, for calling me that!" shouted Twilight to her partner as she still had him in a sleeper hold.

"You can kiss my royal ass, your highness, if you think I'm ever apologizing to you!" shouted Storm as wasn't going to submit to the girl.

"Wrong answer!" shouted Twilight as she continued to apply more pressure.

"If you're both finished with your little discussion, as well as your wrestling match, we do have a factory to destroy," spoke up Luminara as the four Jedi saw her.

Twilight immediately let go of Storm as the girl tried to fix herself. Storm quickly stood up as he dusted his Jedi garments off. He glanced at the princess to which he stuck his tongue out as she did the same. They both walked a few meters toward Anakin and Ashoka as they too tried to get back to being professional.

"Well, Barriss, aren't you going to introduce yourself?" said Master Luminara to her student.

"Padawan learner Barriss Offee at your service," said the girl as she did a bow before the four Jedi in front of her.

"Glad to meet you. I'm Ahsoka."

"Twilight Sparkle."

Both girls extended their hands as all three had smiles on their faces.

"It's good to see both of you again," said Anakin.

"I wish it was under more peaceful circumstances," replied Luminara.

"Well, now that you're here. Time to inform you of the mission," said Storm.


Soon our heroes began to discuss with Luminara and her padawan what was about to go down. Some of the injured clones were being loaded onto the gunships for transport as in the briefing station from before, the Jedi were making some last-minute preparations. Once Storm and Anakin finished relaying the mission, Master Luminara was then allowed a chance to express her thoughts.

"A frontal assault is risky. Our losses will be high," stated the Jedi Master.

"But not as high as they'll be if that factory comes online," replied Anakin.

"Indeed, but there is an alternative. Every Geonosian building has a series of catacombs beneath it that run deep underground," said Luminara as she displayed the tunnels on the holomap to show our group.

"Some of the tunnels are close enough to this cliff wall so that you could cut a hole and make an entry point," stated Barriss to explain her master's line of thinking.

"Once inside, we could find the main reactor, plant the explosives, and blow the factory inside out," stated Luminara of her plan.

"Looks like a good way to get lost, if you ask me," answered Anakin.

"For the unprepared perhaps, but I have instructed Barriss to memorize the labyrinth, all 200 junctions," said Luminara as she gestured to her student.

"You always were thorough. Just like Sparky, here," said Storm as Twilight glared at her partner for saying a comment like that in front of a respected Jedi Master.

"It pays for one to be prepared. Right, Barriss?" said Luminara.

"Especially when other people's lives depend on your success," replied the padawan.

"How do we keep the Geonosians occupied while someone else is setting the bombs?" asked Ahsoka.

"Good point, Snips. If whoever's going in there is going to be successful, we'll need to create a diversion."

"Precisely. That task will be carried out by you, Storm, and I, while the destruction of the factory falls to the Padawans," said Master Luminara.

"Now, hold on. Who decided that? Walking into that factory could be suicide." exclaimed Anakin as he didn't like the plan the Jedi Master came up with. Safe to say, Ahsoka didn't like how her teacher was acting.

"Not if the three of us are successful in holding Poggle's attention at the bridge."

"Master, I can do this. I've had riskier assignments."

"But unlike Barriss, you aren't prepared for this mission," countered Anakin, as he didn't want to put his student in harm's way.

"Not to worry. My Padawan is reliable. She can lead them both." assured Luminara to Skywalker.

"We'll be in and out, Master," said Barriss trying to also calm Anakin's worries.

"See? Dependable Barriss will get us through," said Ahsoka with a smile.

"If it makes you feel better, Anakin. I could send Twilight with them," stated Storm.

"Huh?" said Twilight.

"No offense, Master Luminara. But Ahsoka and Barriss are Padawans, and Twilight is a Jedi Knight. So technically she outranks them. And if calms Anakin's worries about having them go on this mission, then Twilight can be in charge since she's more prepared than either of these two."

"Storm?" said Twilight softly looking at her partner.

"Still..." said Anakin as with Twilight being in charge, he had someone who he could rely on to keep the other girls safe. But he was still hesitant.

"Don't worry, Master. As you well know, I can follow orders," stated Ahsoka with a smile.

"It's decided then," said Luminara as most of the party was in favor of the plan. She then handed Ahsoka a backpack full of explosives.

"I guess it is," said Anakin as he had no choice.

"We'll monitor your progress on these chronometers," said the Jedi Master as she handed one to each of them. "Synchronize on my mark. Three, two, one, mark."

All six of them then touched the chronometers as they then put their hands in. The signals between all six of them linked as now they would keep track of where the others were at all times.

"Let's get going. After you, Barriss," stated Ahsoka as the padawan of Master Luminara led the way with her and Twilight following behind.

As the girls were running into the distance, Anakin had a look on his face.

"You feel Ahsoka's not up to the task," said Luminara as she could sense Anakin's worry.

"I never said that," responded Anakin immediately.

"What is it, then?" asked the Jedi Master.

"Nothing. Let's prepare the men," was all Anakin said as he walked off.

Master Luminara saw Anakin's expression as he could tell the Jedi Knight had his attachment to his student. She then looked at Storm who was still watching the girls in the distance.

"And why did you send Twilight on the mission, General Storm?"

"If anybody can exactly remember something she looked at or read from two minutes ago, it's Twilight," said the boy as he gave credit to just how smart his partner was that the girl had the entire holomap in her mind, and the catacombs memorized, all at first glance. "That and I just wanted to get away from the nerd."

"I heard that!!!" echoed Twilight's voice as her Force instincts told her that the boy called her that, despite being far away.

"Good thing, Princess!!!" shouted Storm so that his voice echoed and could travel back to Twilight.

"I would advise you to watch yourself when it comes to your partner," said Luminara in a serious tone.

"What do you mean?" asked Storm in a similar tone as he stared down at the Jedi Master in front of him.

Nothing but silence and tension was forming. Both Jedi glared at one another as they kept their stares. Soon both made it where Anakin was but still kept their looks at each other. The map then came online as they went back to being professional.

"We'll have to make a bold move if we're to draw them out of the factory and keep their attention on us and not the girls," said the Jedi Master.

"The best way to that is to march our troops straight up the middle, parade-style. They can't resist that," suggested Storm of the plan.

"With no cover?" asked Luminara.

"Well, we have to make it tempting," stated Anakin.

While the Jedi were planning to execute their plan of attack, inside the factory. There was another meeting being held by the enemy. There was a tactical droid who also had a holomap as he was talking with someone. The individual was a Geonosian by the name of Poggle the Lesser.

"The factory is operating at 50% production capacity. We have 10 garrisons of new droids ready to deploy," informed the tactical droid to Poggle.

The Geonosian gave some clicking sounds.

"No, the super tanks are not ready, but when they are, the Republic forces will be routed. They have no weapon that can penetrate their heavy armor," assured the droid to his leader.


It was now time. The Jedi Knights and Jedi Master were shown marching with their troop toward the bridge and droid factory. AT-TE walkers and troops were behind as in the distance, the doors to the factory opened up. Even from afar, the Jedi could see thousands upon thousands of droids all in just the first line.

"Oh, shit," said Storm looking at the massive numbers they were walking towards.

"Here come the droids. Everybody steady. Steady. Keep marching." said Anakin to the troops.

"I hope the girls have made it past the bridge by now," said Master Luminara.

The number of droids was not stopping as more and more came walking out of the doors. They were already crossing the bridge and climbing down the side of the cavern where the girls as they just barely made it out of view. Twilight stopped to look up at the massive number of foes that would be engaging their allies while they did their part.

"Be careful, Storm. And be safe. I'll try to do my part." said the girl as she was hoping to get this mission done as quickly as she can to return to her partner and help him. She then continued to climb down.

"That looks like a lot of droids," said Anakin as he was now taking in just how many were coming at them.

"Gee, no shit!" answered Storm.

"Well, it is a droid factory," smiled Luminara.

"As long as we can destroy 'em faster than they can make 'em, we'll come out on top."

"I love your simple logic, Skywalker," said the Jedi Master as she smiled even more.

"Here we go!" said Anakin as all three pulled out and turned on their lightsabers.

Soon the battle began. The droids began to fire their weapons as the Jedi and their troops fought back. The clones took positions and began to fire as the Jedi were deflecting the blaster shots. Eventually, our heroes then began to run forward with their clones as they engaged them up close. However, in the nearby spire towers, they were unaware of something.

"Let them fall into the trap," said the tactical droid to some Geonosians through a transmitter.

Down below, the Jedi had begun to slice at the droids as the clones spread out and took positions to fire at the enemy. They were still unaware of the trap that was being laid out as they continued to fight back. Safe to say, Anakin, Storm, and Luminara were cutting down the droids in rapid succession as they used some of the destroyed robots as shields to block shots before flinging them at nearby foes. Once they were within a good set amount of distance, the tactical droid gave the signal.

"You may now commence the attack."

Some of the Geonosians now flew out from their hiding spot. A few were still in the towers as some of them fired and shot at some clones. A few noticed their comrades falling as they turned and began to fire at the airborne foes. Now the boys and Jedi Master were caught in a pincher attack as they had to distract them long enough for the girls.

Speaking of the girls, they all made it safely down to the bottom of the ravine as the sounds of fighting could be heard above. They began to book it across to the other side as the scene panned out to show the bridge from their point of view.

They approached the wall as Barriss put her hands on it. The padawan closed her eyes and began to feel around for the weak point. She soon found her target as she stepped back and pulled out her lightsaber and began to create an entry point.

"Nice work. Here goes nothing," said Ahsoka as she was about to step in before being stopped by Barriss.

"I should go in first. I know the way," suggested the Padawan.

"Be my guest," gestured Ahsoka as Barriss stepped in. Ahsoka then followed as Twilight was the last one of the bunch to enter.

The trio of girls now were navigating their way through the catacombs. For Twilight, she had brought a small marker with her as she took an extra precaution of marking their trail in the hopes they would get lost and that she could lead them back to safety via her insane photographic memory. For a while, the girls were successfully navigating the tunnels as they were cautious about their surroundings and the other tunnels.

Barriss heard a noise as she put her hand out in front of the others. The girls saw this as they quickly hid behind some corners. Up above were some Geonosians who were guarding a passageway. They soon turned the corner as they left. With them out of sight, the girls began to quietly move forward. They were extra careful as at that moment, they all let out quiet gasps as a hand appeared inches in front of Barriss' face. Turns out that the girls were now directly under a swarm of sleeping Geonosians as they all had to crouch and keep quiet.

For the princess, she was starting to freak out quietly in her mind at being surrounded by so many bugs. It was at times like this, that she wished Storm was here to protect her. The girl was having a panic attack as she took some deep breaths and tried to calm her nerves to avoid waking up the insects from her freak-out.

"They're sleeping," whispered Barriss.

"We have to find another way," responded Ahsoka.

"We don't have time. This direction is the fastest," stated Barriss.

"Maybe you're wrong," said Ahsoka.

"She is not, Ahsoka. I looked at the catacombs when Luminara showed us and she is right. Now can we hurry before I have a panic attack!" said Twilight as she was this close to having an anxiety attack.

The girls then began to get on their hands and knees as they moved. They remained quiet as they continued forward. Just as they were about to make it out, Barriss and Twilight felt a hand grab their heads. In the case of the princess, the insect was touching her hair.

Twilight was about to let out a scream when she was quickly silenced by Barriss who put her hand to her mouth. She used her eyes to communicate to the princess as Twilight got the message.

Storm, I need you!

The princess was so badly wishing her partner was here to protect and rescue her from this living nightmare.

"Ahsoka," said Barriss to the padawan in front of them.

The girl looked behind and saw her friends in their predicament. She then silently made her way back to them.

"Hurry, please," said Twilight as she could feel the fingers of the Geonosians in her hair and was about to cry.

The padawan then grabbed the arms of the Geonosian. She then slowly lifted it as the girls quickly got out, and set the arm gently down. The girls now made it out of the tunnel as Twilight was taking massive deep breaths to relieve the torture she had just experienced. As they turned the corner, the scene focused on the Geonosian that grabbed the girls. Nothing happened, but then a second later, its eyes shot open.


Back with the main force, they were still dealing with both sides of the attack. One of the clone troopers had a minigun in his hand as he aimed upwards. He shot several bullet holes through each flying Geonosians as they dropped like flies. The Jedi were still charging forward with the droids as they were clearing a path for their troops. Each one sliced and diced the droids and Superbattle droids in half as they Force pushed them away.

"They should have entered the catacombs by now," said Luminara to the Jedi Knights.

"I sure hope they're not lost down there," said Anakin as he looked at the Jedi Master.

"Please, with Twilight there. No way that's gonna happen." assured Storm.

At that moment...

"Left at the next junction," said Barriss.

"Wait, that's not..." said Twilight as chased after the girls.

The trio followed Barriss' command. When they turned, they came to a dead end.

"If we make a wrong turn, we may never find our way out. You do remember the way, don't you?" asked Ahsoka as it seemed Barriss had led them in the wrong direction.

"Of course, I do," said Barriss as she was now thinking. She was about to ask Twilight for the correct direction when she suddenly noticed something.

There was a small hole that had light shining down as the Padawan saw it.

"It's not left, it's up," said the girl. She looked at Twilight to confirm her suspicion as the Jedi Knight nodded.

"It's this way," said Twilight to Ahsoka as Barriss jumped up through the hole with the girls following her.

They were unaware of the Geonosian they had woken up. He turned the corner as he saw the hole the girls jumped through as he looked at it. He then pulled out his wing and followed in after them.

On the bridge, the Jedi and their clones were making progress as they managed to get out of the deadlock attack they were caught in. All three Jedi lunged forward slicing the last bit of the droids as some Destroyer droids rolled towards them. They stopped and began to fire at them.

"Rex, a little help here," asked Anakin as they deflected some blasts.

"Get up there, trooper!" ordered Rex.

One of the clones had a rocket launcher as he bent down to a knee. He then fired the rocket at the droids as they exploded. The AT-TE walkers behind our heroes were also firing as they were taking care of the tough droids while also taking out some more droids behind them that were marching out. From inside the factory, Poggle and the tactical droid could see on the holomap what was happening as their side was slowly losing. Poggle was less than pleased as he gave some angry click sounds.

"My lord, I beg you to let us use the secret weapons," pleaded the tactical droid with his general.

Poggle let out more clicks as he stroked his beard.

"We have 20 units ready now and many more on the way," answered the droid.

Poggle then gave more clicks as he pointed at the holomap and the bridge.

"Thank you, my Lord," said the droid as he bowed and then walked over to a control panel to push a button. "Deploy the super tanks. Attack formation."

The command was given as the doors to the droid factory opened once more. Now this time coming out the Jedi were tanks. But there weren't any ordinary tanks, as they were equipped with ray shielded armor powerful enough to stand against the Republic artillery.

"Looks like the Separatists have a new toy," stated Luminara as she retracted her weapon.

"Why can't we get cool shit like that?!!" complained Storm.

"Rex, pick your targets," ordered Anakin as the clones were walking and getting into position.

"Yes, sir. Elevation four-two-seven.," ordered Rex as the ion cannons they brought lifted their cannons to aim at the tanks.

Inside the tunnels, the girls were still climbing the hole. They soon reached the top as they continued on their path. The trio now found their target as they came to another hole. They could see the many assembly lines of completed droids moving about.

"Whoa. That's a lot of droids," said Ahsoka as just seeing the amount made her gasp.

"Come on. The main control room is this way," instructed Barriss as she led the girls down a tunnel.

At that moment, the Geonosian tracking them saw the girls leave as he glared and got out of the hole. Above, the tanks were still rolling as they were getting closer to where the boys and Jedi Master were.

"Steady. Steady. Fire!" commanded Rex through binoculars.

The ion cannons now shot out blasts. True to the new design of the droids, the tank didn't feel anything. They were barely marching out from the gates as the only thing they did was shake a bit as they kept on rolling. It was like trying to punch a metal wall as the thing held firm and pushed on.

"Again, why can't we get cool shit like that?!!" shouted Storm while pointing at the tanks the droids had.

"Our shields are holding. They can't touch us," said a droid from inside one of the tanks.

"That's a relief," said the droid commander as he was glad to not be chopped into bits.

Rex was still looking through the binoculars. The smoke cleared as the clone saw the tanks still heading toward them as he informed the situation to the Jedi.

"Sir, nothing could withstand that," said the clone.

"They must be ray-shielded," explained Anakin.

At that moment, the girls had made it inside the droid factory. They popped open a hatch as they were in the main reactor room.

"This is it. We're here," said Barriss.

They got out and then ran to the reactor. Ashoka and Twilight reached into the backpack as they began to plant the bombs. In that same instance, the Geonosian that was tracking them had made his way to the communication room where Poggle and the tactical droid were. He gave some sounds as he relayed the info.

"Three Jedi in the control room? That is impossible. How could they have gotten past security?" said the tactical droid.

Poggle didn't have time for questions as he pointed at the droid. He made some angry clicking sounds as he instructed the droid to take care of the problem. The girls had finished as Ahsoka planted the last denotator and pressed a button on her comlink.

"And now we make ourselves scarce," said the girl to her friends as they all ran towards the hatch they came from.

However, just as they were about to exit. The doors to the reactor room opened and in came Poggle, the tactical droid. They were being flanked by some Geonosians and one of the tanks that the boys and Luminara were facing on the outside. All three girls turned on their lightsabers as they stood shoulder to shoulder ready for a fight with worried looks on their faces. They soon got into position as they prepared for battle. Outside, the comlinks of the Jedi Knights and Jedi Master went off as they looked at them.

"Greenlight. The bombs are active!" exclaimed Anakin.

"The girls did it," smiled Master Luminara.

"And just in time," smiled Storm.

At that moment, the tanks on the bridge began to open up. Inside, one of the droids began to press some buttons on the panel in front of him.

"Fire!"

The tanks now began to shoot out mortar cannon shells as they were heading towards them.

"Get down!" shouted Storm to the clones as they all braced for impact.

The mortars made quick work of the ion cannons as they were destroyed within seconds. Soon they fired more shots as they took out some clones charging at them. Inside the girls were busy with their own problems.

One of the Geonosians fired a shot as Twilight and Ahsoka slid forward on their knees to avoid getting hit as Barriss spun backward. They all quickly flipped to their feet and began to slash at the insects coming at them. While the girls were dealing with the soldiers coming at them, Poggle gave his command as he pointed with the stick in his hand. He then turned to leave. The Geonosian then approached the panel on the door to the reactor room.

"You heard his highness. Collect their pathetic little bombs, then we will kill them," said the tactical droid as he relayed the message to the Geonosian soldiers once more.

Poggle then pushed the button on the panel as the door was sealed shut. The tank had its guns aimed at the girls as they were deflecting the blasts. It provided the perfect distraction as they were all too busy not getting shot at to stop the Geonosians from collecting their bombs.

"See if your stupid tank can take this!" shouted Ahsoka as she reached into the backpack and pulled out a denotator. The Padawan then threw it at the tank as it landed on the side next to the tactical droid.

"Fool, the super tank is impervious to all weapons..."

He didn't get to finish his sentence as the bomb went off, and he was destroyed during his gloating. The girls smiled, but soon that was wiped off their faces as the tank was still moving and shooting at them. They were now in serious trouble as they began to block and use their acrobatic moves as they were being backed into the wall.

Outside, the tanks were still a problem. They fired their next round of mortar shells as they took out the AT-TE walkers our heroes had. Now they had no heavy machines or weapons as they were about to be overrun. More clones were taken out by the explosions as only a handful remained. Anakin, Storm, and Luminara were also running as they slid behind some pillars as the explosions went off around them.

"Rex, tell the men to fall back!" ordered Anakin.

"But, sir, you can't be asking us to turn tail and run?" said Rex as he knew that wasn't how his general did things.

"I'm not asking you to run, Rex. I want to draw those tanks out onto the bridge," said Anakin as he was handed a backpack from a nearby clone and pulled out a bomb.

"I see what you have in mind," said Luminara as she and Storm were also given backpacks.

"We always come prepared, Master," assured Storm.

"Let's go!" said Anakin as he began to lead the pair to the bridge.

Inside the reactor room, the girls were still dealing with the tank. The Geonosians had just about finished collecting the last of the bombs that were planted by Ahsoka and Twilight.

"The bombs!" exclaimed Ahsoka.

The girls now rushed forward while the tank was shooting at them. They made it as the group began to fly away. Ahsoka wasted no time in jumping into the air and grabbing onto one of them as they took her for a ride. Barriss and Twilight went back to deflecting the tanks as the Padawan saw the hatch they came from as another Geonosian popped out.

"Stupid green bugger!" said Ahsoka as she was being lifted into the air.

The Geonosian then made her collide with the top part of the reactor as she fell. Ahsoka hit hard as she landed on the bottom part of the reactor and rolled onto the floor in pain. The Geonosian near the hatch began to wave at his comrades as they soon flew into the hole. Meanwhile, Twilight and Barriss stood over Ashoka as they provided cover for the Padawan as she lay on the ground.

They soon chased after the Geonosians as the hatch closed and was sealed. The girl then turned back as they saw the tank turning around as Ahsoka still lay unconscious. They were now faced with a choice of following their foes into the catacombs to retrieve the bombs or protect Ashoka's life.


"Fall back! Fall back!" shouted Rex as he and the clones were retreating while being shot at.

Anakin, Storm, and Luminara were hiding behind some nearby pillars as the tanks were a few meters about to roll past them. Anakin gave a signal to the Jedi Master. She heard it as all three now began to head to the bridge as they hung under it. Anakin was focusing on one side of the bridge to plant the bombs as Luminara did the same on the other side. For Storm, he had to climb his way to the middle and plant his section while making sure not to lose his strength or grip. Eventually, the trio began to move up the bridge in a row as they were planting bombs along the way.

"Give everything you've got," ordered a commander droid inside the tank.

"Roger, roger."

The trio of Jedi soon reached the end of the bridge. They then flipped themselves from under it onto the top as they now stood at the other side of the bridge from where the tanks came from. Anakin then pulled out the denotator as he pushed the button to set off the bombs. An explosion occurred as the bridge was starting to crack.

"Uh-oh."

"Roger, roger."

The bridge then collapsed as all the tanks on it soon fell into the ravine down below. From above, rocks fell on the tanks as small muffled explosions were shown. The clones from the other side all looked at the Jedi and gave fist pumps in the air as they returned the gesture with Luminara waving. They then turned towards the factory.

"Where are they? Those bombs are going to go off any second now," said Anakin as he looked at his comlink and saw the light flash quickly as the bombs were moments away from exploding. "Rex, any sign of Ahsoka, Twilight, or Barriss on your side?"

"No, sir, but this place is getting ready to blow. The evacuation ships are arriving. I suggest you get on one."

"Not without Ahsoka!"

"And I'm not leaving Twilight behind, either!" assured Storm as he wasn't going anywhere without his partner.

"My Padawan will not fail," said Master Luminara.

"Ahsoka, can you hear me? Ahsoka, where are you?" shouted Anakin to his comlink.

At that moment, the doors opened again to the droid factory as more droids were shown marching.

"Can you give us like two minutes to rest?" shouted Storm at the droids.

All three Jedi turned on their lightsabers as they were all by themselves with no backoff and cut off from support. Inside, Ahsoka had finally come to as the tank opened its hatch to fire its mortars. Barriss and Twilight made their decision as the pair leaped into the air and onto the tank.

"Where'd they go?" asked one of the droids inside the tank. "Aah!"

He got his answer as the girls cut a hole in the top and dropped down. They wasted no time in killing the robots as they cleared out the inside. The tank now stood in front of Ahsoka as the Padawan was still defenseless. Soon the hatch opened up and there were Barriss and Twilight. The girl wasted no time in grabbing her lightsaber and jumping into the hatch as it closed behind her.

"The bugs took the bombs," informed Barriss.

"What are we going to do now?" asked Ahsoka.

"I don't know what to do without the bombs," said Barriss as she wasn't prepared for this.

"I... have an idea," spoke Twilight as the two Padawans listened to what the Jedi Knight was about to suggest. "Well, this tank could destroy the power generator... and probably us along with it."

"I guess that's our only choice," said Barriss in a soft tone as she saw Twilight's plan.

"Twilight is in charge, so we follow her orders," said Ahsoka as she too let out a sigh. She then began to contact her teacher. "Master, can you hear me? Master?"

The boys and Luminara were dealing with the droids when they heard the girls.

"Ahsoka! Set off the bombs! We're trapped!" shouted Anakin as they were starting to be overrun by the droids as they were being pushed back to the edge of the cliff.

"I'm sorry, Master. We can't make it out."

"Can't make it out? Ahsoka, wait!"

"Sparky, what kind of shit are you girls spitting out right now?!! Get the hell out of there now!!" said Storm.

"I'm afraid that's a no can do, Storm."

"Sparky, don't be doing this to me! Don't pull that shit with me now!" said Storm as the worry in his voice could be heard.

"Fire," said Ahsoka as she pushed the button on the panel.

The top opened as the mortars fired. Dramatic and sad music played as it matched the tempo of what happened. The explosion occurred as the tank the girls were in was flown back. The boys and Luminara cut the last droids in their sight as the music got louder and matched the explosion that occurred in front of their eyes. The trio saw the factory blow up as even the clones on the other side could see it go off. A piece of a pillar was falling as the Jedi turned tail as it landed on the droids marching towards them.

"Get down. Get down!" shouted a clone as a dust cloud was heading towards them. Soon everything went black. After a few moments, the dust settled as there stood the Jedi Knights and Jedi Masters covered in more dirt as they stood above the wreckage of the factory.

"Ahsoka. Ahsoka, can you hear me? Come in." shouted Anakin to his comlink. Storm was trying to reach Twilight through his but got no answer.

While the boys were worried, Master Luminara simply got to her knees and just closed her eyes as she already accepted her padawan's death without so much as an expression on her face. Almost as she prepared herself for this to happen and was going through the motions.

"Master Luminara, don't worry," said Anakin as he thought the Jedi Master was sad.

"Be at ease, Skywalker," said Luminara in a nonchalant tone.

"You're shitting me, right? You can't just sit there and already give up hope that girls are dead!" said Storm as he didn't like that the Jedi Master wasn't even worried about them potentially being alive.

"We need to act now. The girls may still be alive down there!" said Anakin as he was in the same boat as his pal.

"There's not enough time. I sense them drifting away," said the Jedi Master as she used the Force and saw the girls and them going to die.

"No, we'll get them out," said Anakin as the trio looked up. Flying overhead was a gunship sent to retrieve them.

"The tank lifters are here to move the debris as ordered, Generals," said Rex to both boys.

"Get to it, Rex," ordered Anakin as he and Storm were now worried about the girls.


Down below, there was nothing but darkness. Darkness. Darkness. A light. A light flashed. A light that belonged to a lightsaber. Not just one, but three. The girls were inside the tank as they turned on their lightsabers to produce some visibility.

"How deep do you think we're buried?" asked Barriss.

"It's probably best not to think about it," stated Twilight.

"Hand me that power cell, would you?" asked Ahsoka to Barriss.

The padawan reached behind as she pulled out the thing from the tank and handed it to the girl.

"Thanks. Mind holding the light?" said Ahsoka as Barriss grabbed her lightsaber.

"Whatever you're doing, I hope it works, because... I'd sure rather have died fighting up there than starve to death down here," said Barriss as she saw Ahsoka.

"To be honest, we'll run out of air long before we starve," corrected Twilight as she knew the situation they were trapped in.

"That's a comforting thought. Thanks," said Barriss to the princess as they both smiled.

"Master Skywalker has taught me a trick or two. I think I can get this communicator working," said Ahsoka as she was tapping the power cell to her comlink in hopes of sending a signal.

Above the debris, the clones and Jedi were still looking for the girls. Storm was actually directing the clones as he was motivated to save his partner. He had a promise to keep to her parents and Master Celestia that if he failed to deliver on that, he would have no problem killing himself for letting them down. Master Luminara simply saw the boy as she shook her head in disapproval at how Storm was behaving.

"We cannot abandon our Padawans!" said Anakin as he came from behind the Jedi Master.

"You both misjudge me. I too care for my apprentice, but if their time has come..." said Luminara as she had full well accepted the girls being dead.

"Don't you dare finish that statement!!" shouted Storm as he turned his head to look at the Jedi Master and gave a seething glare. He then turned back as he continued to find Twilight and the girls.

"I refuse to let Ahsoka die. She will find a way out," assured Anakin to the Jedi Master.

"If my Padawan has perished, I will mourn her, but I will celebrate her as well through her memory," said Luminara as she explained her logic of thinking to both boys.

"I still plan on celebrating this victory with my Padawan in person," said Anakin. He too joined in with Storm as the pair were now moving debris with their Force powers. All the while, the Jedi Master was having disappointment on her face at the behaviors that they were showing.

"What happens to us now doesn't matter. By destroying this factory, we've saved countless lives elsewhere," said Barriss trying to offer some comforting words to her new friends before they perished.

"Well, I'm about to save two more," spoke Ahsoka as her breath was starting to run out. She began to tap the power cell to the communicator as it was giving off sparks.

Soon the comlink on Anakin's wrist went off.

"Wait. I'm picking up a pulse on Ahsoka's comm channel. It's coming from over there!" said Anakin as he pointed in the direction as the Jedi and a few clones rushed forward.

"Master, I know you're up there, and I know you're looking for me."

At that moment, Ahsoka started to slowly faint. Barriss and Twilight were also feeling the effects as their oxygen had run out. The girls held their hands out as they gripped each other to give one last comfort before they drifted off into a long and deep sleep. One that they would never come back from.

"I'll move the heavy machinery over, sir," said Rex as they were on top of the girls.

"No time," said Anakin.

Soon all three Jedi closed their eyes as they began to use the Force. Inside, the girls had officially passed out as the only light that remained was Twilight's purple blade. The girl was moments from joining her pals as she managed to pull out her notebook with her free hand and open it. She then began to write as she spoke her final words.

"Storm... I... I wish..."

At that moment, the top part of the pile of debris was pulled off. That aloe got the attention of the padawans as a few moments of new oxygen followed into their lungs to awake them.

"Someone's digging," spoke Twilight.

Soon a piece to the side of them came off as light came through. The girls were shown covered in dirt as the warm light touched their faces. The boys and Luminara then opened their eyes as they looked into the hole below. Soon out from the wreckage, emerged Ahsoka as she was coughing. She was soon joined by Twilight and Barriss as they too coughed.

"Barriss!" said Luminara as she saw her padawan alive.

"Sparky!" shouted Storm with a smile.

"Ahsoka," said Anakin as the clones got to work on getting them out of the hole. "I knew they were still alive. I told you not to give up on them." said the Jedi Knight to the Jedi Master.

"It's not that I gave up, Skywalker. But unlike you, when the time comes, I am prepared to let my student go. Can you say the same?" asked Luminara as Anakin just shook his head and ignored that statement. However, that statement would ring true with what fate had in store.

"And as for you, General Storm. Your partnership with Twilight is a dangerous one. The closeness and attachment that you're showing her will lead you down the dark path. I would advise you to watch yourself. And should there be a situation where you have to leave her behind, then you must do so without hesitation. She is nothing more than a liability." said Master Luminara to the boy.

"You know what, Master Luminara. You go can go fuck yourself with that logic! I'm not ever leaving a friend behind." glared the boy at the Jedi Master as he couldn't believe that she called Twilight a liability.

The boys wasted no time as they helped their partners out of the hole. Storm immediately grabbed Twilight's hand as he pulled the girl in for a tight and lovely hug. The princess couldn't help but smile as she was glad to be in the arms of her partner and friend. For the boy, he was smiling at having his partner be alive as he dug his face into her hair.

"Glad to see you alive, Sparky," said Storm as he pulled back from the hug to look at the princess.

"Was there any doubt?" chuckled Twilight. The girl then went for another hug as Storm didn't bother to push her off.

"Thank you," said Storm looking up to the sky as he mouthed those words.

"I knew you'd come looking for me," said Ahsoka as she was given a hug as well by Anakin.

"I never doubted you for a second," said Anakin.

"Padawan, you did well," said Luminara as her student stood in front of her, as she had a smile on her face.

"Thank you, Master, but if it weren't for Ahsoka and Twilight, we'd still be down there," explained Barriss as she looked at her two new friends.

"Indeed. Your Master never lost faith in you," said Luminara as she turned to address Ahsoka who had a smile. "And your partner was determined in fulfilling the promise he made to you, General Twilight." Now it was Twilight's turn to smile as she looked at Storm who simply turned his head as he rubbed his neck.

The princess smiled as she went for another hug. Storm just accepted it. He put his hand on Twilight's hair as he stroked it for a bit which caused the girl to have some light red form on her cheeks that went unnoticed by everyone else. Soon the gunships were shown flying above as they were sent here to pick up our heroes and take them back to base.

PreviousChapters Next