• Published 20th Nov 2021
  • 2,449 Views, 857 Comments

Star Wars: The Great War - ShootingStar25



You've heard it time and time again. The Force surrounds us and binds the galaxy together. Well, that hits both hard and true. The time for survival is now and may the Force guide us to a better tomorrow.

  • ...
1
 857
 2,449

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 34: Liberty on Ryloth

Compromise is a virtue to be cultivated, not a weakness to be despised.

Recap: Republic victory is at hand. Clone troopers, under the command of the Jedi, have successfully invaded the Separatist-occupied world of Ryloth. Anakin Skywalker battles the enemies in the skies, while Obi-wan Kenobi frees villages from the grip of vile Separatist leader Wat Tambor. Now Jedi Generals Mace Windu and Luna lead the attack on enemy lines in the final offensive to liberate the capital city of Lessu.

Along a cliffside path, there were several AT-TE walkers as they marched in a line. They were being led by two of the best high-ranking Jedi on the council as they were heading towards the capital city. With the work done previously by their allies, it was now their turn to take over the mission. However, as they were marching along the cliff, they were being targeted by the enemy. On top of the cliff across the cavern, were the droids as they fired at the walkers as they fired back.

The front walker was taking some hits along its body as it kept on walking. One of the tanks then aimed at the legs of the walker as it was destroyed and caused the vehicle to fall. At that moment, the hatch to the walker opened up as out came Windu and Luna as they got their men out as well.

"Take cover!" shouted Windu as he went to where the driver was. He put his hand on the glass as he used the Force to shatter it and pulled the driver to safety.

"We have stopped the enemy advance," said a droid looking through his binoculars.

"Give me those!" stated the commander droid as he grabbed the binocular from his comrade. He then looked through the things as he saw the destroyed AT-TE walker.

"Good. Now order our cannons to target their rear units," said the commander. "We'll box them in and blast them to pieces."

The walkers were returning the fire as along the path running was Commander Ponds as he made his way to where the two Jedi were.

"Eh, we're pinned down."

"Commander, bring out the Lightning Squadron!" shouted Windu as he had their driver over his shoulder.

"I want lightning up here now!" shouted the commander clone.

One of the other walkers in the rear now had their hatch lower down. On it was some clones as they were operating some All Terrain Reconnaissance Transport(AT-RT) as they were now running to the front.

"Get the injured back! We're gonna clear the road!" shouted Luna to the clones as she and Windu went to work.

The droids were still firing at them as both Jedi Master approached their fallen walker. Both took a deep breath as they had their arms out as the Force flowed through them. They both thrust their arms forward as they displayed their power as the walker fell off the cliff and the road was cleared.

"Sir, the enemy is advancing again," said a droid.

"Let me see," said the commander droid as he grabbed the binoculars again.

"Find some cover! Move it! Let's go!" shouted Commander Ponds to his men.

The clones on the AT-RTs then stopped by the two Jedi Masters as they got off.

"They're all yours, Generals," said a clone.

Both Windu and Luna got on their respective rides as they prepared to lead the charge.

"We'll lead the way, Commander," said Windu as he and Luna took off with their small group behind them.

"Forward!" shouted Commander Ponds to the rest of the AT-TE walkers.

The group of AT-RT was now running from the cliff path to the open road as they were now circling towards where the droids were. The rest of their allies were continuing to the tail end of the cliff as the droid commander looked through the binoculars and saw the Jedi.

"Now the Jedi are leading the attack. This doesn't look good," he said to his minion. "Concentrate all your fire on those walkers," shouted the commander as he pointed to the group closing in.

The tanks now aimed at the group as they fired several shots. The group kept on running as the explosions occurred next to them as another shot was fired and the group entered the explosion.

"Did we get them?" asked the droid as he and the commander leaned forward.

The group wasn't phased by the explosion as they kept on charging. Luna and Windu had their walkers jump over the shoots where they landed as it really got the droids to be scared.

"Should we run?" asked the droid to his superior as the group was zinging and zanging to avoid the shots and were about to be on top of them.

"It would be better if we surrendered," said the commander droid as they were shot down by Luna and Windu's walkers as they appeared in front of them.

They then took out the remaining droids and they shot them down while running towards the tanks. The clones then took out some grenades as they tossed them. The bombs landed on top of the tanks as they exploded to wobble the tanks, which allowed the group to close in and shoot them from close range as they were destroyed. Once they neutralized the threat, Windu, Luna, and Commander Ponds all got off their vehicles.

"How many men did we lose?" asked Windu.

"32, I think," said Ponds as he took off his helmet. "including command crews of three walkers. The good news is General Kenobi and General Storm have broken their lines. We can clear a path straight to the capital now."

All three were walking forward as the rest of their walkers followed behind. They were unaware of a recon droid who was nearby as it spied on the Jedi and was listening to them.

"This battle was costly. We're gonna need help to take the city," said Luna.

Their conversation was being transmitted to the capital. Inside the command center in Lessu, watching the images of the Jedi and clone commander was a tactical droid and the one they were hunting. The individual was a male Skakoan who was the foreman of the Techno Union and an executive of Baktoid Armor Workshop. His name was Wat Tambor as he had held the planet Ryloth with a tight grip.

"The Republic is advancing faster than I expected," said Tambor.

"I calculate they will reach the main gates by morning. I recommend we prepare our retreat," said the tactical droid.

"I will not retreat. Those Jedi do not have enough troops to take this city," stated Tambor as he didn't want to show weakness. "Bring our units inside the walls and secure the bridge."

Marching towards the capital were our heroes as inside of their AT-TE walker, Luna and Windu were attending a conference with tons of individuals present. The holographic images of Anakin, Master Yoda, Admiral Yularen, Senator Orn Free Taa, and Chancellor Palpatine.

"What's your progress, Skywalker?" asked the Chancellor.

"Thanks to me and my friends, our fighters have secured control of the space around Ryloth," said the Jedi Knight as he told them of their adventure in space from before. "We have the Separatist cruisers on the run."

"Very good, General Skywalker," said Palpatine as the image of Anakin disappeared.

"Master Kenobi and Master Luna's student, Storm, have taken the Jixuan desert, so the southern hemisphere is ours," said Windu as he pointed to the planet of Ryloth.

"Then it's almost over," said Senator Orn Free Taa.

"Not yet. The key position is the capital of Lessu. Our spies are certain the Separatist leader Wat Tambor has his command center there." stated Luna.

"When taken the city we have, capture Tambor we must," said Yoda.

"It's not going to be easy, Master," stated Luna. "Tambor has chosen his stronghold well. This plasma bridge is the only way in or out," said the girl as the image of the capital showed the bridge flashing in red.

"I'm afraid a seize could drag on indefinitely," stated Palpatine.

"My people have suffered so much already," said Senator Orn.

"A plan you have to take the bridge, Master Windu, Master Luna? Hmm?" said Yoda.

"With our forces stretched so thinly, we're going to enlist the help of the freedom fighters, led by Cham Syndulla," said Windu as he touched a button behind him as the image of the individual came on the computer screen for all to see.

"His fight against the droids has made him a symbol of freedom for the people," stated the Jedi Master.

"Cham Syndulla was a radical before the war. He is very unpredictable," said the Chancellor.

"He can't be trusted! I know Syndulla seeks to gain power. We were political rivals," said the senator.

"We'll leave the politics to you, Senator. We're going to do whatever we can to help these people," stated Luna.

"Perhaps we could send you Republic reinforcements instead," said the Chancellor.

"There are no reinforcements available, Chancellor," said Admiral Yularen.

"We can't win without Syndulla's help," said Windu.


The meeting soon ended as both Windu and Luna began to look for their target. They took two members of Lightning Squadron as they all boarded the AT-RT and took off in a direction. It wasn't long until the two Jedi and two clones arrived at the site of a burial ground. They approached some tombstones, which served as the sign of a massacre that occurred as the Jedi got off their rides and took it all in. Luna bent down and put her hand on the ground as she was using the skill she taught Storm as the girl closed her eyes. The Jedi Master did this trick with ease as she saw the mirage-like images in her mind as she saw the final moments of everything that happened in the massacre.

"What makes you think the rebels are this way, General?" asked one of the clones named Razor.

Windu now also bent down as he noticed something on the ground.

"What is it, sir?" asked Razor.

The Jedi Master had his hand on the ground as he noticed some tracks. Based on their shape, they belonged to some sort of animal.

"The resistance fighters ride creatures native to this region. And these tracks are fresh," said the Jedi Master.

"Which means they can't be far," said Razor as he got off and looked into the distance.

The other clone named Stak got off his vehicle as Luna got up from the floor.

"Isn't this the spot where they were massacred?" said Stak.

"Looks like it was a hell of a fight," replied Razor.

"It was more than that. It was a fight for survival," responded Luna.

"Hmm. Wonder who put up these gravestones?" asked Stak.

All four then heard a groan as they looked in the direction that the noise came from.

"Is that them?" asked Razor as Windu put his hand up.

The Jedi Master then gave a hand signal to Razor as the clone nodded. Luna did the same thing to Stak as she understood what her fellow Jedi Master said to the clones. They all got back on their rides and began to head off once more.

In the capital city of Lessu, Wat Tambor was with his tactical droid as they were being contacted by Count Dooku.

"Your tactical droid has informed me of the pitiful job you have done protecting our investment on Ryloth," said the Sith Lord.

"That droid exaggerates. I have not lost yet," said Tambor.

"Please," said another voice as now Sunset came into frame. "You're no match for Master Windu. Let alone, Celestia's little sister, Master Luna. There's a reason why they are some of the most powerful Jedi on the council."

"Do not become greedy, Emir Tambor. Take what valuables you can and destroy everything else," said Dooku.

"Everything?" said the general.

"We can put this defeat to political use. The charred ruins of Ryloth will demonstrate to the galaxy the cost of a Republic victory."

"As you wish," said Tambor as the transmission ended.

In the field of debris, there was a patrol of droids marching about. They had been given orders to go looking for the comrades they lost.

"Keep on the lookout for that lost patrol," said the Superbattle droid in charge.

They were unaware of the Jedi and the clones as they were hidden behind a piece of a destroyed tank as they saw the patrol up on the hill. One of the clones took a step as he made a sound as the Jedi noticed it.

"Did you hear that?" asked a droid at the front of the line.

The rest all stopped as they looked down the small hill and saw the piece of metal. Windu and Luna pulled their heads back in as they told the clones to get ready as they took position next to the Jedi.

"I don't see anything," said a droid.

"Look. It's RB-551," said another droid as he bent down and picked up the head of his destroyed comrade.

"No wonder he got blasted. He's one of those older models programmed by a central computer," said another droid.

"Not us. We're independent thinkers," said another droid.

"Roger, roger."

"Roger, roger."

"Roger, roger."

All the droids now turned and kept on walking. With the coast clear, the Jedi and clones took a deep breath as they watched the enemy leave.

"Why didn't we take them out, sirs?" asked Razor.

"I have a feeling the rebels will do it for us," said Windu.

"What do you mean?" asked Stak.

"Put it simply, why take care of them, when someone else can do it for us," explained Luna.

True to the Jedi Masters' words, a blaster sound was heard in the distance.

"Look out! It's an ambush! Help! It's the resistance!" shouted the droids.

The Jedi nodded at the clones as they turned on their lightsabers and ran out from their cover. They ran up the hill as the sounds of the struggle still carried on. The four reached the top as they came to the sight of the patrol as the droids were destroyed. They were looking at the pile of metal as the Jedi knew who did this. Not a moment later, some Twi'lek people emerged as they had their blasters aimed at the Jedi and the clones. Emerging from the top of another piece of metal was the person who lead the resistance and the individual they were looking for.

"I was wondering when you'd find me, Master Jedi," said the person as he saw the duo.

"General Syndulla, we've come for your help," stated Windu looking up.

"What makes you think you'll get it?" asked Syndulla as he crossed his arms.


In the capital of Lessu, Tambor emerged as he was meeting with his tactical droid.

"Emir Tambor, our bombers are nearly ready for launch," said the droid as they looked out in the courtyard. They saw several B1 droids loading up the ships with bombs.

"And now I will ready your ship for evacuation."

"No. I am not yet ready to leave," replied Tambor.

"In any case, we have a schedule to keep. The ship will be ready."

Our heroes were now being escorted to Cham's hideout. They entered the place as all around were Twi'lek freedom fighters who were on guard.

"Some hideout you have," stated Windu.

"It has advantages," replied Syndulla.

"Still though, chose a hideout that has good airflow. I can feel my hair getting rather musty in these tunnels," said Luna as she fixed her appearance.

They were passing by some cages as inside was Blurrgs who gave a sound.

"We saw the graves of many of your people in that battlefield as well. They died with honor in defending their home," said Luna as she recalled what she saw in her subconscious when she did her trick.

"Together, we can prevent that from happening again," stated Windu.

"Do you know why we were massacred, Master Jedi?" asked Syndulla to the pair. "When the droids swept over Ryloth, the Republic was unable to help us. We were forced to surrender. And we came here unharmed. The Separatists brought tanks to exterminate us."

Both Jedi Masters took the words in by the leader of the freedom fighter as they remembered the incident with Master Di and how they couldn't fully help the Twi'lek people or save their fellow Jedi Master from his final stand. They soon turned around to see Stak talking with one of the Blurrgs.

"Come here, boy. Come on. Don't be afraid," said the clone as he called the creature over. He then put his hand in the cage as he was looking to touch the creature's nose.

"See, there's nothing to be afraid of here," said Stak as his hand was about to touch the creature. It then lunged forward as the clone retracted his hand as the Twi'leks laughed.

"Jigh-sen moof deng-ka."

"He says his blurrg may be ill-tempered, but she is much faster than your riding machines," translated Syndulla.

"I don't know about that," said Stak as he took offense to that as he was looking at the creature with a different mindset.

The group kept on walking as they came into a huge gathering room. All around were Twi'leks talking with each other as they saw their leader enter as well as the two Jedi Masters. A little girl ran over to Syndulla as he picked her up and lifted her in the air with a smile. He then held her as another Twi'lek approached him.

"What is this, a scratch?" said Syndulla as he saw his friend put his hand over the injured spot on his arm trying to not show his weakness. "Gobi, get better. I need you," he said with a compassionate tone as he put his hand on his friend's shoulder.

"Rahn fanyo, Syndulla," responded the Twi'lek with a smile.

"We have little food or drink, but it is our tradition to share what we do have with our guests," said Syndulla as he looked at the Jedi Masters who had a straight face.

The droids were loading up the bomber ships. They soon gave the signal as they all lifted into the air and took off.

"Target every Twi'lek village in range, the inhabited ones first," ordered Tambor.

"Of course," said the tactical droid.

While Luna and Windu were with Syndulla, the rest of their forces were being led by Commander Ponds. He and the rest of their machines and men had arrived on the outskirts of a Twi'lek village.

"Our scouts reported in from the village up ahead," said Commander Ponds.

"The enemy's pulled out, sir. Friendlies are all that's left. Mostly women and children." replied a clone.

"See if we can spare some rations. They'll be hungry," responded the commander.

"Sir, enemy ships are entering our sector," responded another clone as he turned from the computer to look at his superior.

He and the clones inside the AT-TE walker all looked at the screen as they saw red dots. The clones outside got off their AT-RTs as they saw the ships overhead. They soon dove down as explosions went off at the buildings as it got all of them to feel the blast as they were pushed back a bit.

"Damage report!" stated Commander Ponds.

"There's no tactical damage, sir. It didn't hit us. They bombed the village." said the clone.

Commander Ponds then popped out of the hatch as he dropped down. He now saw the sight before him as the buildings were up in flames as the entire village was now a raging inferno.

"Make contact with General Windu and Luna," sighed the clone commander.

At the hideout, the two Jedi Master were with Syndulla as they were being treated to a show along with dinner. Some of the other Twi'leks were dancing for the others as a way to provide some entertainment.

"I hope you both don't mind this," said Syndulla to the pair. "A little distraction goes far to ease the burden of the war on my men."

"You have provided well for your men. All your people." said Luna with a straight expression on her face.

"So why won't you help us free them from this occupation?" asked Windu.

"I don't trust Senator Taa, his plans for our world after the war," said Syndulla.

"The Republic will help you rebuild," said Windu. "We won't abandon you."

"Your troops will stay for security?" asked the freedom fighter.

"For a while, to keep the peace," responded Luna in a nonchalant tone.

"Another armed occupation is not a free Ryloth. How long before I am fighting you, Master Jedi?" asked Syndulla as he looked at the pair.

At that moment, both of their communicators on their wrists were beeping. They answered it as the image of Commander Ponds appeared.

"What is it, Commander?" asked Windu.

"The droids have begun a firebombing campaign. Several villages in our sector have been destroyed, sirs."

That piece of info wasn't just heard by Syndulla since he was sitting nearby. But all the Twi'leks gathered around as they had stunned looks on their faces. The announcement that the rest of their friends and families had been taken out by the droids brought fear. The Jedi Masters had a look on their faces as they glanced at Syndulla who had his hand to his face as he was wrestling with the news that he heard.

"Make the arrangements," said the freedom fighter as that was the last straw that broke the camel's back. "I will speak to Senator Taa."

"You will have justice, we can assure that," said Luna knowing full well what the Twi'lek had a rage inside of him.


The next morning came as, in Lessu, Tambor had still not left. He was being approached by a B1 droid.

"Is this all of it?" asked Tambor.

"We are still awaiting two transports from our southern base," responded the droid. "Should we depart without them?"

"No. I will have every valuable on this rock before I leave," stated Tambor.

"Emir Tambor, why haven't you excavated?" asked Dooku as he appeared through the transmitter.

"Our exit strategy is taking more time to implement," said the general.

"What a load of bullshit!" said Sunset as she appeared. "I've heard some lame-ass excuses in my life, but that, that, by far is the dumbest one I've heard."

"I want you out of the city before the Republic arrives," said Dooku as he agreed with Sunset's statement. "Once Master Windu and Luna have invaded the capital, you will bomb it from afar." said the Sith lord as he turned to look at the tactical droid.

"Can you follow orders better than this dumbass over here?" asked Sunset to the droid.

"Yes, Count Dooku, Mistress Sunset."

The transmission ended as Tambor addressed the droid.

"You will not do anything until I give the order."

"We have our orders, Emir."

While this was going on, the Jedi were setting up the conference meeting with Senator Taa as Syndulla was alongside them. They entered a small room as the image of the senator appeared.

"Senator Taa, so glad you could join us from comfortable Coruscant," said Syndulla with a scowl on his face. "Our people have survived with only me."

"I knew you would try to turn this into a campaign to take power. Need I remind you that it is I who leads our people in the Senate?" countered Taa to Syndulla.

"And it is I who leads our people here and now," countered Syndulla.

"There will be nothing left to lead if you two refuse to work together," said Windu.

"This will require all of us to be on the same page," stated Luna.

"General Windu, do you copy?"

"Luna, you there?"

The voices coming from their comlinks belonged to Anakin and Storm as the Jedi Knights were trying to reach the Jedi Masters.

"I hear you, Skywalker."

"What's happening, Storm?"

"Our fighters are taking out the bombers as fast they can, Master Windu, but there are just too many," said Anakin as he along with Storm and the girls were in the skies as they were engaging with the droids.

"Storm, I thought I told you to sit back! You've already done double duty both in space and helping Obi-wan. Let the others handle this!" said Luna as she didn't like that her student disobeyed her orders. She had decided to give the boy some well-deserved rest for his actions, but it seemed he ignored her.

"You're kidding, right, Luna? Did you not hear the shit that just went down?!! I can't just sit back and do nothing. Besides, if we don't take out the bombers, how many more people have to die for no apparent reason?" said Storm to his master.

"I swear, Storm. I understand you want to help, but you can't push yourself after all the wear and tear your body has suffered recently getting us to where we are now. Listen to me, or one day... you will fall." said the Jedi Master as Storm just tuned that detail out of his mind as he took out another bomber.

"I doubt we can stop them all," said Anakin. "I suggest you get the people away from the cities."

"You must destroy those bombers, Skywalker and Storm," said Windu. "Then meet us at the capital."

"We'll do what we can," said Storm as the transmission ended.

"Storm, one day... one day... if you don't..." mumbled Luna to herself as she thought of the consequences that her student might suffer from his actions.

"What can the Separatists hope to gain from burning our homes?" asked Senator Taa as he overheard the conversation from the Jedi Masters.

"Nothing. Wat Tambor spoils for others what he cannot process," said Syndulla.

"Then we must act quickly," responded Taa.

"Senator, your people are hesitant to join us because they're worried there will be another military occupation," said Windu.

"The people have my promise that the clone army will leave once Ryloth is free of those droids!" stated Senator Taa with determination.

"General, what assurance can you give Senator Taa you will not try to assume power?" asked Luna to the freedom fighter.

"I only want to see my people free, Master Jedi. I give my word. I believe in democracy."

"Then we are in this together," said Windu as all four nodded in unison.

The three now exited the room as the image of the senator disappeared.

"Men of Ryloth, the time has come to free ourselves!" stated Syndulla as the crowd of Twi'leks let out a cheer.


In the capital city of Lessu, a group of droids was walking on the bridge. A siren alarm sound was heard, as the droid at the back heard it and addressed the other.

"They're deactivating the bridge. Double time it, let's move!" shouted the droid to the others as they all followed him, but one. "Get off the bridge!"

The one droid who didn't hear just kept on walking as the others ran back.

"Deactivate the bridge," said the commander droid.

"Roger, roger."

The droid now flipped the switch.

"What the--" said the droid on the bridge as it turned off in a second as he now fell into the chasm below as he screamed.

"What about the city inhabitants?" asked the tactical droid as he and Emir were in the command center.

"Drive them outside, but not too far. The Jedi will reconsider an attack when they see them in their line of fire," stated Wat Tambor.

A huge number of droids were shown walking around. The Twi'leks who were in the city were seen walking from the capital through the front entrance. One of the Twi'lek passed by a droid who was watching the group as he clutched at his side. He then fell as he struggled to get to his knees as a woman rushed to his side. She supported him as they stood with the droid looking at them.

"Keep moving," said the droid as they did that.

At the same time, the Republic forces were shown marching on the city. They were being accompanied by the Twi'lek freedom fighters as they looked to free their home.

"Try to keep up, clone," said a Twi'lek as he was riding a blurrg as he made it run.

The clone took offense to that as he now made his AT-RT run as well. Luna and Windu were shown at the front as they ran along the ground and they came to where Syndulla was stationed. The trio had reached their destination as they were on the other side of the huge cavern as the freedom fighter looked through his binoculars.

"Tambor is still there," said Windu as he could tell the Separatist general hadn't left.

"How are we going to attack with my people so close?" asked Syndulla as he looked around the outer wall of the city.

"Your people will never be in danger if our walkers can cross that bridge into the city," stated Luna. "Key is getting control of that bridge."

"Perhaps there is your way," said Syndulla as he noticed something from the corner of his eye and looked in that direction.

The freedom fighter had discovered two MTTs making their way to the city.

"My spies tell me those transports carry treasure," said Syndulla as he took off the binoculars and turned to address the Jedi Masters. "It's not enough for the Separatists to enslave and murder us. They must rob us too."

"You think we can use them to get across the bridge?" asked Windu.

"It is risky. They are usually scanned while crossing," said Syndulla.

Both Jedi Masters took Razor and Stak with them as they began to make their way down to where the transports were located. They were on top of a passing edge as below on the cliff path were the droids and the transports.

"When we get control of the bridge, you must start the attack," said Luna to Syndulla through her comlink.

The two Jedi Masters then jumped down as they each landed on a STAP that a droid was piloting as they cut the head off with ease. They both flipped forward as they landed near the rear transport as both Razor and Stak jumped down and landed behind the pair. Windu then used his blade to cut a hole as through his binoculars, Syndulla saw the Jedi Masters and clones enter.

"They're in. Let's go," said Syndulla to his men and the clones as they prepared themselves.

Inside the transport they were in, Windu was contacting Commander Ponds.

"Commander, we'll need you to create a diversion. Get the rest of Lightning Squadron ready."

"Yes, sir."

"My men are ready," said Syndulla to the commander as he appeared beside him on a blurrg.

In the command center, Wat Tambor was looking out of the window as his tactical droid approached him.

"It is time to leave. The Republic walkers are holding at 1,200 meters."

"Sir? The last shipments of treasure are approaching," said a B1 droid as he made his presence known.

"Just in time. Activate the bridge and get them across immediately," said Tambor.

"Initiating plasma projectors," said the droid controlling the bridge as he flipped the switch on.

The bridge now turned on as in a second it connected the two sides. Syndulla and the clones were watching this as they saw the transports their comrades were on. The transports were now crossing the bridge as a pair of B1 droids came with scanners in their hands as they appeared in front of the transports.

"All right, hold it there," said one of the droids. "Let's go. The boss wants this done," said the droid to his comrade as they began to scan the transports.

The two droids were now using the scanners along the body of the first transport and even under it. Eventually, they came to the end as they finished their job.

"This one's all clear," said the droid.

"Here they come," said Windu as he heard the droids from the inside of the transport.

The two droids were now approaching the second transport as immediately their scanners detected something.

"Wait, I'm picking up an anomaly in there," said one of the droids.

"Stay alert," said the other as they approached the transport.

Syndulla and Commander Ponds looked through their binoculars as they zoomed in on the bridge and saw the droids approaching the rear of the transport.

"Trooper, prepare to fire," said Commander Ponds to a clone.

"Open the cargo hatch," said the droid as they appeared in front of the back. The door opened as there stood Luna and Windu with a serious look as they turned on their lightsabers.

"Oh no!" said one of the droids as he saw the Jedi and put his hands to his head.

"You're under arrest. You have the r--"

The droid didn't finish his sentence as Windu used the Force to pull the other one to him as he stabbed his weapon through it.

"We're under attack!" shouted the remaining droid as Luna showed no mercy as she slashed it as the four emerged from the cargo door and onto the bridge.

The signal was given as the clones on the AT-TE and AT-TRs all began to fire at the droids on the STAPs. They took them out as they fell into the pit below. Luna and Windu were having no trouble deflecting the shots from the ones aimed at them as they simply reflected the shots back at the droids as they blew up.

"Deactivate the bridge," said the droid in the command center.

"Oh, well. Too bad for them," said the droid operating the switch.

"Run for it!" shouted Luna to both Razor and Stak.

"They're turning the bridge off!" shouted Windu as he and Luna both Force pushed the clones all the way towards the other side as they landed.

The bridge shut off in that second as both Jedi Masters were falling. They managed to grab ahold of the hatch as they swung themselves up into the air to flip over and land on the transport as it fell and continued to run upwards. They flipped one more time to land on the nose of the transport as it fell as they jumped onto some remaining droids operating some STAPs. Both Windu and Luna pulled themselves up as they looked the droids in the eyes as they gave the most badass look possible. While staring at the droid, they took control of the lever as they flipped them around and then hopped off at the last second as they collided with another droid.

They landed perfectly as they saw the clones they launched hanging on the edge as they used the Force to pull them up. Once they were made sure the clones were fine, the doors to the city opened as tons more droids came rushing at them.

"We'll hold them off," said Windu as he turned on his lightsaber.

"Get that bridge back up," said Luna to Razor and Stak as she did a hair flip before turning her weapon on and rushing forward with Windu.

"Sir, yes, sir!" shouted Razor and he and Stak had their orders.

"Charge!" shouted Syndulla as he and the rest of their forces were now running towards the city.

Both Windu and Luna were deflecting the blasts from the droids with ease as they provided some cover for the clones as they were making their way to the bridge control room. They took out some droids focused on them as they slipped down the passage towards the room. They left both Jedi Masters to serve as the distraction which to them was child's play.

Windu was spinning his blade in a circle as some droids fired at him, he lunged forward and slashed at them. Luna was casually walking holding her blade in one hand as she thrust her hand out to slow down some of the blasts from the droids, she approached them and did some quick attacks of her own. She then put both her hands out as she took a huge number of droids and smashed them together with the Force as she brought her hands in. Both then did some flips and acrobatic moves as they continued on their destruction path of taking out the droids.

Both Razor and Stak made their way up to the control room as the droids saw them.

"Hey. You're not authorized," said a droid as he saw them.

"Save it!" shouted Stak as he and Razor blasted them.

"Bridge is up, sirs," said Razor as he flipped the switch on.

The bridge came on in a second just as Syndulla's blurrg made contact with it as the rest of their allies were behind him as they were now looking to take over the city. With Luna and Windu, they were finishing up the first wave of droids as both grabbed the final two in their hands and lifted the robots into the air. Once more to demonstrate their power levels, they simply smashed both droids into the ground as they went down. Before they could rest, a shot zoomed by their heads as the Jedi Masters sensed it and moved out of the way.

They looked forward as the next wave of droids was coming at them. This time, there were Superbattle droids, Destroyer droids, and a tank. Luna responded by tying her hair into a ponytail as she cracked her neck. Without communicating, both her and Windu did a united Force push that made all the droids coming at them fall back and go offline at how powerful they were. As for the tank coming at them, that didn't matter either as the two simply pulled a piece of the wall down as it was destroyed like it was nothing.

"Such a waste of my time," said Luna as she found taking out the droids to be a breeze.

Syndulla and the rest of their forces had made it to the other side as the Twi'leks who were being held hostage cheered them on as they ran past them. They soon arrived up the hill and into the castle gates where the two Jedi Master were deflecting some more shoots. Syndulla came up to the two Jedi Masters.

"You take these droids. We'll go find Wat Tambor," said Windu.

Both Jedi Masters now ran forward as they were hoping to catch their target before he escaped. The clones and the Twi'lek freedom fighters were doing their job as they were taking out the droids. In the control room, Razor and Stak turned around in time as some droids appeared in the doorway. They took them down before they could retake the bridge controls. Soon, two commando droids appeared and tossed the others out of the way as they tackled the two clones.

One of them tossed Stak to the ground as he got to his hands and saw the other commando droid holding Razor in the air. He grabbed his blaster as he shot the commando droid in the back as it released the hold of Razor. Stak then tried to shoot the other but he simply knocked the weapon out of his hand and his helmet as his face was exposed. The droid pinned the clone down and looked to punch him when Razor struck first with a punch of his own to the droid.

While our heroes were making their way in. The tactical droid was seen walking towards the shuttle.

"Start my ship," said the tactical droid to the others as they raced forward. "That Tambor is a fool."

At that moment, Tambor was seen walking toward the shuttle.

"My ship!" said the Separatist general as the doors closed behind the droid as it took off.

"I'm afraid Emir Tambor refused to retreat in time," lied the tactical droid to both Dooku and Sunset.

"That is... unfortunate," said Dooku as he played along with the lie that the droid was telling him.

"Oh well, I never liked the asshole anyway," smirked Sunset with a devious smile.

"Order our bombers to destroy the capital immediately," stated Dooku.

The bombers high in the sky received the signal as they were now heading back to the city. As the Jedi Masters went to find Tambor, they split up to cover more ground. A group of droids was seen as they were on guard. At that moment, they heard a noise.

"Whose there?" asked one of the droids as they looked towards the shadows.

There was nothing but darkness as soon a blue light was shown glowing. As well as the color of someone's hair as it matched the night sky. The droids got scared as one of them was yanked into the shadows as he disappeared. Then as if they were seeing things, the shadows began to move towards them. The droids began to fire at the dark cloud as it soon enveloped them. Inside, there was a single blue light that could be seen. One of the droids was lifted into the air as the blade sliced it in the middle overhead; the light then deflected some blaster shots as it took others down. The light then chopped the head off of some more droids in a row as they were flung back with the Force into the others. The light then spun as the being did some kicks.

From the outside, there was nothing but shadows as a blue light zoomed in and out of the frame within the blink of an eye. Soon the being stepped out from the shadow as they did a superhero landing. The person was revealed to be Luna as her hair fluttered in the wind as she stood up. The Jedi Master then snapped her fingers as she opened her eyes. The darkness disbursed all around her, creating a wind effect as she flipped her hair once more to add some sexiness to her stance. Behind her laid the mangled pieces of the robots as she then rushed forward into the light.

She met up with Windu as the pair saw Tambor in their sights. They took out the Superbattle droids guarding him as they pointed their blades at the Separatist general.

"Surrender," demanded Windu.

"General Windu, General Luna. Perhaps we can come to a compromise," said Wat Tambor as he had both Jedi Masters in front of him.

"Not when we hold all the cards," smirked Luna.

"It appears a surrender is unnecessary. We will all perish for the glory of the Separatist Alliance," said Wat Tambor.

Both Jedi Masters looked up to the skies as they saw the bombers heading straight for them. It would be but seconds before they would be caught in the explosion. At that moment, some blasts were heard as the droids were being shot down. From behind the droids, were Anakin and Storm, as well as the girls as they took down the last of the bombers.

"Woah, that was close, Master," said Ahsoka.

"Isn't it always, Snips?" smirked Anakin.

"Time for me to eject," said Storm as he pushed a button on his panel.

"Storm?" shouted Twilight as she saw her partner be shot from his ship.

The Jedi Knight was now heading downwards as he headed towards where the Jedi Masters were. Luna saw her student as she was concerned about what he was doing. In the air, Storm turned on his lightsaber and used the Force to roll through as he began to take out some more Superbattle droids that were appearing to rescue Wat Tambor. Before either Jedi Master could help, the boy was taking them down with ease and precision. He thrust his hand out to slow down his enemies as that got Luna's attention at seeing her student perform an advanced Force trick. One that she hadn't taught him yet, it wasn't long as the teen stabbed his blade backward through a droid as he spun around and retracted his weapon.

Storm looked at Luna as the two stared at one another. Nothing was said as Syndulla and the rest of their forces also appeared in the courtyard.

"What are your terms for surrender?" asked Wat Tambor as he knew he was defeated.

"They're unconditional," said Syndulla.

"Agreed," said the Separatist general.

"I thank you, Master Jedi. Today all of Ryloth thanks you," said Syndulla to both Luna and Windu.

"You've earned your freedom, General. All of you," said Windu.


Sometime later, there was a parade being held to celebrate this victory. Both the Twi'leks and the clones were seen riding in the middle of a huge wave of people on the side as they waved. The Jedi present were Anakin, Ashoka, Twilight, Storm, Luna, and Windu as they had smiles on their faces to see the people they helped were finally free. Even Syndulla and Senator Taa were shown having a smile as they stood next to each other and buried the hatchet between them. Windu cast a look to his troops as he gave them a happy expression and they also smiled.

"One more world, finally free from this war," said Storm to Luna as he was standing next to her. "Not to mention, a new Force power I learned."

"Yes, how?"

"Well..."

"Storm, hurry up!" shouted Twilight as she was calling her partner over to join in the celebration.

"Let's say... the two of us may have been practicing it in secret," smiled the boy at Twilight. "Besides, it was useful in saving you." Storm then walked off as Luna had a stern expression.

The Jedi Master saw her student meet up with the student of her big sister as they chuckled. She then thought of what was said by Storm.

"Saved by my own student. How proud and embarrassing at the same time," stated the Jedi Master. Luna then thought back to what Storm told her when she tested him at the temple.

"I'll... become... a better... Jedi Master... than... you ever were! And then... you're gonna bow... down to me!!! You can bet your ass!!!!"

Luna opened her eyes as she recalled the moment. She look in the direction of her student as she saw him and Twilight talking which then caused them to tussle as it seemed the boy called her "Princess" due to their argument as a struggle cloud formed. The Jedi Master's face had a look of disapproval, not from how Storm was acting, but moreso the partnership he was forming with her sister's student. Almost like, she didn't like seeing the boy become friends with Twilight.

"Bow down to you, Storm," scoffed Luna with a dead-ass serious look on her face. "That... will... NEVER... Happen. NEVER." The Jedi Master then began to walk as she stepped into Storm's shadow as the girl knew what she had to do involving her student and his training.

Author's Note:

Technically, this is the end of season 1 for the show. But luckily, we have tons more things planned for this story. Especially, starting next chapter.

PreviousChapters Next