• Published 20th Nov 2021
  • 2,450 Views, 857 Comments

Star Wars: The Great War - ShootingStar25



You've heard it time and time again. The Force surrounds us and binds the galaxy together. Well, that hits both hard and true. The time for survival is now and may the Force guide us to a better tomorrow.

  • ...
1
 857
 2,450

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 44: The Zillo Beast

Choose what is right, not what is easy.

Recap: Desperate times call for desperate measures! In one of the longest and fiercest battles of the war, Separatist forces are on the verge of claiming the planet Malastare. If the Republic loses this planet, it will cost them vital fuel resources necessary for maintaining their armies. In a final effort to turn the tide of this battle, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine has authorized the use of the Republic's newest weapon: the electro-proton bomb. Now at the Imperial Palace of Doge Urus, the leader of the Dugs, the Jedi count down the minutes until the denotation of their doomsday device.

On the fields below the palace, Rex and Sark were commanding the men as they were holding their ground. Both clone commanders halted the group they each commanded as they looked through their binoculars. They could see the many droids walking in a line as they marched toward them.

"That's a lot of clankers," said Rex to the group.

The scene shifted to the droid and the view zoomed out to show way more droids as they were all in square formations behind each other as they marched. While the clone commanders were on the ground, the Jedi were watching this from up in the palace. Present were Master Windu and Luna, along with Anakin and Storm, as well as the Chancellor(via hologram) and the leader of the Dugs.

"I won't allow my people to become Separatist slaves," said the Dugs leader to the hologram of Palpatine.

"I assure you, Doge Urus, that will not happen. Dr. Boll has stated that only droids will be affected by the bomb's electron field," said Palpatine as he gestured to the nearby doctor that was present with the Jedi.

"Yes, the clones and your people will be quite safe. We have accounted for every probable outcome," said Dr. Boll.

"It's the improbable that concerns me, Doctor," said Windu.

"Are there no other options?" asked Luna trying to remember that as Jedi, they were peacekeepers, and not put their men and allies in harm's way.

"I'm afraid not. This bomb is our only hope for victory now," said the Chancellor to both Jedi Masters.

"The droids are on the move," said Anakin.

They all turned to look back at the field and down below with their men.

"Go! Go!" said the tactical droid who was in a tank to his men.

Thousands and thousands of red lasers were being fired at the clones.

"We just have to hold them back until the bomb drops," said Sark to the men as he and Rex began to fire back.

The clones now began to fire while behind some cover as droids began to fall. Vulture droids took off as they were looking to provide some aerial support.

"Blast them!" shouted a clone.

The stun tanks near them, and the others all pointed their noses up. It charged up as they shot lasers into the air as they were taking out some of the droids as they swerved. Some that were shot fell and collided with some of the tanks and a few AT-TE walkers as they were managing to take out some of their foes before going out themselves.

"Hold the line!" shouted Rex and Sark to all the men as the droids were getting closers, with both sides suffering casualties.

"We've got spiders inbound!" shouted a clone to both commanders.

Some of the Dugs charged forward to aid the clones as they were almost immediately shot down. One of them got on top of a spider droid and had an electro-staff as he tried to stun the droid but didn't have any effect. The spider droid behind that its comrade pointed its nose at the Dugs and took care of it.

"Tell the bombers to take off," said Anakin to his comlink.

The Jedi Knight gave the command as several ships flew out from the ports. The Jedi were watching this as their ships were flying above the field. The droid tanks noticed them as they began to fire at them. The Dugs saw their allies in the sky as they began to load catapults with small bombs that hit the vulture droids trying to take out the fighters.

"Approaching drop zone," said the pilot carrying the bomb as he took out some droids.

He pushed some buttons as the scene panned out to show three fighters next to each other high above the massive number of droids.

"Everyone stay tight," said the pilot.

"Remember, you've only got one shot at this," stated Storm through his comlink.

"Bombs away," said the pilot as he pushed a button.

The electro-proton bomb was shown as it fell out from the ship. It was directly over the center of the massive number of droids as it was falling.

"Oh-oh," said a droid as he ran back and bumped into his comrades as he looked to escape.

The bomb hit. Not even a second, did it make and look like a nuclear explosion. The whole thing was indescribable. Massive waves of the ground being ripped up from the ground into nothing but pebbles. Followed by a massive nuclear chain reaction that any droid within just 5 inches of its radius would be consumed by the bomb's effect. Up above, both Anakin and Storm had their eyes widen and jaws drop at the thing they saw. Even from up in the palace, it was shocking to see. Soon the change reaction occurred of the bomb as it then turned into a blue color and shot out electricity as it spread out to the droids that were a bit farther as they soon shut down. The electro effect soon passed over the clones and their machines as the machines shut down, but the clones all put their hands over their ears as it was loud. The radius was still going as it was heading for the palace and the Jedi.

"Oh, shit!!!" shouted Storm.

"Here it comes!" yelled Anakin.

They turned their heads and put their arms up to cover themselves. For Luna, the Jedi Master immediately grabbed Storm in her arms and turned herself around to use herself as some extra cover for her student. Storm noticed his master as she acted on one of her motherly instincts to protect her apprentice from harm.

"I'm losing my transmission," said Palpatine as the bomb was affecting the communications as it soon shut off.

Soon the EMP blast ended as the transmission was short-circuited. Along with the clone tanks, and Anakin's prosthetic arm as the Jedi Knight saw some electric sparks on his arm for a bit. However, true to the doctor's word, the clones and the Dugs were all unaffected by the bomb. On the floor laid the droids all down as the Dugs on the floors shouted in victory.

"Well, Doc, looks like it worked," said Anakin.

"Luna, can you let me go?" grunted Storm as he could feel his master squeezing him from how she was holding the boy.

The Jedi Master released her embrace from her student as Storm began to take some deep breaths to regain some air. Luna put her hand on the boy's hair, and she began to rub it with a smile on her face as Storm was still trying to get his lungs to work. At that moment, they both heard something. The pair looked out to the field to see where the bomb detonated as the ground began to crack open.

"The ground is sinking," stated Windu as he pointed.

The ground began to collapse bringing the droids with it as it was now heading to the clones and Dugs.

"Run for it!" shouted Sark to everyone as they all hauled ass and ran.

They were all running to escape from the ground, breaking apart as it was hot on their heels. Soon the ground in front of them was shown having cracks as they were running over it as it fell behind them and was closing in. As fast as they could run, the ground was faster. Most of the AT-TE walkers soon fell into the hole; the clones inside of them also fell. Both Rex and Sark were the last ones to nearly fall into the hole as they jumped to the ledge to which they were helped up by their men as they turned to look at the massive hole while taking deep breaths.


Sometime later, everybody was cleaning up the droids on the field and doing some last-minute check-ins before they would leave. After restoring communications, the Jedi began to contact the Chancellor.

"The droid army was completely neutralized by the bomb," said Windu.

"But the blast created a sinkhole which engulfed many of our troops," said Luna. "We have search parties looking for them now."

"And the Dugs? Have they signed the treaty?" said the Chancellor.

"No, Chancellor, the treaty must be passed by the council," said Doge Urus.

"We need that treaty signed so we can get access to the fuel reserves here on Malastare. Without it, our armies shall be vulnerable," said the Chancellor.

"I will do my best," said the Dugs leader as the Chancellor disappeared.

"Sir, we have a report from the front," said Rex as he had a hand to his helmet who was receiving a transmission. "They've lost contact with the rescue team."

"General Luna, General Storm, it's bad," said Sark as he contacted the Jedi and informed them of the details. Anakin and Windu overheard the info as Luna gave instructions to her clone commander to pull out and meet up with them.

"One problem always seems to replace another," sighed Windu as he was stressed.

Soon all the Jedi were onboard a gunship with the Dugs leader.

"I hope your bomb has not upset the delicate balance of our planet," said Doge Urus.

The gunship soon landed near a group of Dugs as both Anakin and Storm got off with the leader of the Dugs.

"You two deal with the treaty and Doge Urus," said Windu.

"We'll help with the rescue team in the crater," said Luna to the Jedi Knights.

The boys nodded and got off as the Jedi Masters were heading into the crater. Their ship descended deep into the giant sinkhole as smoke appeared. The doors opened as the clones descended using cables as both Windu and Luna jumped down.

"Split up!" shouted Luna to the clones that accompanied them.

"If you see anything, contact us," replied Windu.

The Jedi Masters went off on their own as they walked in a direction. All around was smoke that gave them temporary vision as well as large boulders they passed by. Small bits of light that passed through the thick clouds could be seen as the pair kept on walking and keeping an eye out for any missing survivors. Both soon turned on their lightsabers as it gave them more visibility when they examined a rock. They noticed small white handprints which were soon followed by claw marks. They both turned right as on the ground was a clone helmet. Windu picked it up as the pair were being called out.

"General Windu, General Luna, we found them!" shouted a clone as the pair walked to their men.

Meanwhile with the Jedi Knights...

"We've got what we've--" said Doge Urus when he was soon interrupted.

"We're on a very tight timeline here. How long do you think it'll take to get the treaty ratified?" asked Anakin in a hurried tone.

"We are waiting for two more members of the council to arrive. They will sign the treaty," answered the leader of the Dugs.

"We appreciate your cooperation. Without your fuel, our offensive will grind to a halt," stated Storm.

"This is the beginning of a great alliance," said Doge.

Windu and Luna made it to where the men were as a few clone survivors were sitting on the floor.

"What happened here, trooper?" asked Windu as he and Luna bent to a knee.

"Generals, there's something down here with us, and it's not Seppies," said the clone in a traumatized tone as he let out a nervous breath.

"Calm yourself, soldier. We'll check it out," stated Luna as the pair stood up.

"Trapper, Ponds, Hawkeye, come with us!" ordered Windu as the three clones began to follow the Jedi Masters. "Skywalker, Storm, something strange is going on. I think you two should come down here."

"We're on our way," replied Anakin through his comlink. "R2, start-up my fighter."

"If you'll excuse us..." stated Storm.

While the Jedi Knights went to their ships, the Jedi Masters and three clones were shown walking along something. They were scanning the trail they were on and around but they didn't see anything.

"Sirs, there's nothing around here but rocks and debris," replied Ponds.

"I have a bad feeling about this," said Windu.

They were advancing upon a ledge when the ground below them suddenly shifted. There was a low rumbling as they all crouched to the floor as it was moving. Turns out that what they were standing on wasn't ground, but something living. Turns out that they were standing on a neck and that neck was connected to a head of an enormous reptilian creature. In front of the Jedi and clones, there was a head with its eyes opened up with a bright green color. It turned to look at the Jedi and roared in their faces.

The clones began to fire at the beast as Luna and Windu turned on their lightsabers. The blasts fired had absolutely no effect on the beast as it kept looking at them. It then began to rise as the Jedi Masters and clones went tumbling off of its back and to the ground. Then turned to look up at the beast. When it stood up it was 97 meters tall that towered over the Jedi and clones. It let out a huge roar as it looked at the top of the hole that it was in.

Both Luna and Windu ran with the clones as the beast began to take a step forward that would crush them.

"Skywalker! Storm!" shouted Luna to her comlink.

"We're here. What the..." said Anakin before he was cut off.

"We need your help!" shouted Windu through the comlink to the boys flying in their ships.

The Jedi Knights entered the hole as they flew in through the dense smoke. Unaware of what was happening right now. The Jedi Masters and clones were still running as the beast saw them and was taking another step forward.

"R2, I can't see. Turn on the beacon," said Anakin as he soon saw the head of the giant creature poking out. "Never mind."

"HOLY SHIT!!!" said Storm as he saw the big creature.

The two barely piloted their ships out of the way of the creature's mouth as it was this close to taking them out. They soon began to circle the reptilian monster as it noticed them.

"What the heck is that thing?!!!" yelled Anakin in disbelief as well.

"Now's our chance. Let's go," said Windu.

With the boys distracting the beast momentarily, it allowed the Jedi Masters and clones to approach the gunship as they quickly got on. Their ship zoomed into the air and out of the hole.

"I've never seen anything like it!" said Anakin as he was now flying by the creature's head as he was taking in just how big it was.

The boys were too busy looking at the creature that was just meters away from their faces as they failed to look ahead. The tail of the creature hit their ship as they were going down. Alarms went off as their ship was sent sailing into some rocks as they bumped when they landed. The creature now saw its targets as it closed in on its prey. Both Jedi Knights took the top off as Storm quickly helped Anakin to pull R2 out of his port. The little blue droid activated his rocket thrusters as he flew the pair away just as the foot of the creatures came down on their fighters.

The pair tumbled as the head of the creature was coming at them.

"R2, get out of here!" shouted Anakin as he and Storm pulled out their lightsabers.

The little droid did that as it activated its rocket thrusters. The creature saw the Jedi Knights with their fancy colored swords as it brought its foot down again to which they both backflipped out of harm's way. The pair landed and immediately pushed off into the air as they both brought their weapons in a downward slash. It hit the skin of the foot as the lightsabers bounced back and in the cast of Storm the blade being bounced unexpectedly hurt his hand temporarily as he shook it.

"Ow," said the boy as he felt a slight pain.

"What?" said Anakin as he too was shocked to find they didn't even leave a mark. "Uh-oh."

The creature then began to raise its foot as the pair was now running up its scaly leg. R2 was also shown flying up as at the same time both boys were air stepping in between the creature's scales as they got higher. They eventually reached the head of the creature as they ran along its neck and then jumped off its head into the air. They grabbed onto the droid and zoomed out just a second before the creature tried to eat them.

"We're going to need some heavy artillery," spoke Windu to some clones.

R2 let out a whir as the creature was still moving its head to eat them. They zoomed up at the last minute as they got out of the hole with the Jedi Masters seeing them as they tumbled in the air.

"Luna!!" shouted Storm as he was starting to fall.

The Jedi Master simply put her hand out as she used the Force to pull her student into her arms. Anakin fell to the floor as did R2 with him leaving out a terrified breath. As for Storm, Luna held her student close as Storm was breathing heavily into her chest as his heart was racing from the near-death experience both friends suffered.

"Are you alright?" asked Luna bending and placing her hand on Storm's cheek while checking for injuries.

"Yeah... just... saw... my life flash before my eyes. Oh, boy," said Storm as his heartbeat was still pounding as he took more deep breaths.

"Don't worry about me," groaned Anakin on the ground. "I'm all right."

"Where are your starfighters?" asked Windu to the boys.

"That thing ate it!" shouted Anakin as he rubbed his head.

"That thing, it is a Zillo Beast," said Doge Urus as he and a few men approached them.

"A what beast?!!" stated Storm.

"They once roamed Malastare, devouring our ancestors. When the Dugs first started harvesting the fuel in the planet's core they were killed off. They are supposed to be extinct. Apparently, they're not." said Doge Urus.

His response got the Jedi to look at themselves.


The Dugs were soon using their catapults as they were positioned near the edge of the ledge. They were tossing many of their bombs into the hole below as they hit the Zillo beast. But even then, it wasn't doing much effect on the creature. The Jedi were watching this as they soon left to find Doge.

The leader of the Dugs was in a tent discussing a plan with some of his men. On the table in front of him was a map of the Zillo beast depicted with tons of info on the Zillo beast left by their ancestors.

"His weakness..."

He saw the Jedi enter as he quickly grabbed the scroll and hid it behind his back.

"What's going on out there?" asked Windu.

"It is an internal matter. None of your concern," said Doge Urus to the Jedi Master.

"Your men are killing a unique life-form."

"It is a dangerous, bloodthirsty monster! Did you forget it tried to kill you?" shouted the leader of the Dugs.

"It was under attack. It had lived peacefully below the surface for all these years," stated Luna as she chimed in.

"Until you unleashed it with your bomb!" said the Dug to the woman.

"We dropped that bomb to save your planet at your request!" stated Anakin.

"To save our fuel for you to buy. If you want us to sign your treaty then you must help us destroy the beast," said Doge.

"What purpose would it serve to kill it?" asked Windu. "If it really is the last of its kind--"

"It is our duty!" shouted Doge. "Our ancestors warned us that one would return someday and destroy our entire civilization. Will you help us or not?"

"We respect your traditions and your ancestors but we cannot allow the destruction of an innocent life-form," stated Luna.

"Then there will be no treaty," stated the Dug as he left with his comrades out of the tent.

"Master Windu, Master Luna, are you certain this argument is worth it?" asked Anakin to the Jedi Masters. "I mean, after all, it's just one creature. Remember what the Chancellor said."

"It isn't the creature. It's the principle," said Windu to the Jedi Knight.

"Allowing the Dugs to kill it violates what we stand for as Jedi," said Luna.

"But if we choose to defend the creature we lose all hope of securing a treaty with the Dugs," said the Jedi Knight to both Jedi Masters.

Nearby, Doge and his men were discussing their plan to deal with the Zillo beast.

"We'll handle this our way no matter what these Jedi think," said Doge as he unfurled the scroll and looked at the image of the Zillo beast.

With the Jedi, they were contacting the Chancellor to inform him of what happened in terms of getting the treaty signed and on the creature they discovered. The four Jedi showed a holographic recording of the Zillo beast as the doctor and Chancellor were seeing the creature.

"How remarkable. I have never seen anything quite like it," said the Chancellor.

"I recommend that we transport it off the planet as soon as possible. We can find a place for it to live undisturbed in the Outer Rim," said Windu.

"And what do the Dugs have to say on this matter?" asked Palpatine.

"They want us to help them destroy it."

"Then, by all means, help them," said the Chancellor without hesitation. "This creature is of no importance to us. We cannot be alienating the Dugs at this crucial time."

"It is not the Jedi way to take an innocent life, especially if it's the last of its kind," stated Luna.

"Chancellor Palpatine, I think it would be in our best interest to study this creature. Its outer scales are virtually impenetrable. None of our weapons can harm it." said Dr. Boll.

"Not even our lightsabers couldn't cut it," said Storm.

"If we could somehow duplicate that for our ships..." stated the doctor.

"An impenetrable armor," said Palpatine as he was now seeing the thought the doctor was referring to.

"What if we let the Dugs think we killed it?" stated Anakin. "Then we could have the treaty and the creature."

"Yes, Anakin, go on," said the Chancellor as he wanted to hear what the Jedi Knight's plan was.

"When Storm and I were climbing on the creature, I noticed small gaps between the armor and its scales. Maybe a stun cannon or... or a pulse could penetrate through the skin and short-circuit its nervous system, like putting it into a deep sleep."

"He's right. It would appear to be dead. We could transport it to a secure location before it wakes up." said Dr. Boll. "The Dugs would never know the difference."

"That may be the only way we shall get this treaty signed and rest Master Windu's and Master Luna's conscience," said the Chancellor.


With the order given, their meeting ended as the Jedi began to execute their plan. Luna was with Storm and Sark as she was preparing her clone commander and student to put the giant beast in a deep sleep.

"Do you understand?" asked Luna to Sark.

"Yes, General Luna," saluted Sark to his general as he left to rally the men with Rex.

"Storm, let's go."

"Just give me a few minutes, Luna. I need to do something," stated the Jedi Knight to his master.

"Alright then, don't take long," said Luna. She couldn't help but rub her student's hair for a bit as she smiled. She then left as Storm then touched his comlink.

"Yeah?"

"Hey, Sparky. I need some info on something."

"You came to the right person," smiled Twilight with glee. "What is it?"

"Using your nerd powers, what do you know about a creature called a Zillo Beast?"

"Don't call me that!!!" shouted Twilight as she heard the small comment that her partner tried to sneak in.

"Calm yourself, princess. Getting angry ruins your complexion," snickered the boy as the girl rolled her eyes.

"I hate you," replied the girl.

"Yeah, but you're stuck with me. So, what do you know?" asked Storm getting their conversation back on track.

"Well, first off, they're supposed to be extinct. And second, the archives don't get give much information on them. The only notes that I can dig up are that they were amongst the most fearsome of all reptiles and were considered untamable. They were stubbornly solitary, only meeting with other members of the species when the need for breeding became very necessary. When their young were born, one parent would raise the newborn while the other typically returned to isolation. Its tail contained eight sharp spikes, and the beast itself uniquely possessed a third arm protruding from its back. The Zillo Beast had two glowing green eyes and was able to see in total darkness. It also had powerful claws and jaws that could bite through metal. And they're very tall and sit at the top of the food chain."

"That all?" asked Storm.

"Like I said, not much info. Why?" said Twilight.

"Nothing. Thanks, though," said the Jedi Knight as he ended the transmission.

He made his way to join his master and their friends as the tanks exited from the hangar and were rolling towards the hole. Doge Urus heard the rumbling behind him as one of the tanks popped open, and out came the Jedi.

"I'm glad you finally decided to see things our way, Jedi," said the leader of the Dugs. "But you're a fool if you think your weapons will even scratch the Zillo Beast."

"These are no ordinary weapons. Your Zillo Beast will be no match for them," bluffed Anakin.

"Maybe true. But our way is already proven," replied Doge.

"Your way?" questioned Windu.

"Open the valve!" shouted the Dug.

His response was heard. The other Dugs communicated with each other in their native tongue. With the command given, one of the Dugs approached the valve and began to turn it to the left. It then caused the fuel lines that were hanging off the edge above the hole to drip the substance down below. Several fuel pipes dripped the liquid fuel as the Zillo Beast let out a howl. The monster saw the liquid pouring into the hole as it looked up and growled once more. The Dugs were all chanting in victory as the Jedi looked at each other with concern.

"Our fuel is deadly to the beast. It killed them in the past. It will kill this one now." said Doge Urus.

"I can see why. The shit stinks!" said Storm as he could smell the fuel despite being a good distance. He covered his nose for a bit to avoid getting nauseous.

"You're only going to provoke it. You'll drive it out of that hole, and then it'll be harder to deal with!" said Luna trying to warn them.

"We'll handle it, Jedi," said the Dug to her.

True to Luna's word, the Zillo Beast was enraged. It approached the wall as it started to climb. The Dugs noticed this as they had the catapults aim down to shoot the bombs as they hit the face of the Zillo Beast. It turned from the impact as it growled even more.

"Order them to stop!" shouted Windu as he could see what they were doing to the wild animal.

"What? What do you mean, stop?" said Urus, unaware of what they were doing to the beast.

The beast was about to reach the top as both Luna and Windu could sense it. The pair jumped out from their tanks as they turned on their lightsabers and pointed them at the leader of the Dugs. The guardsmen also had their electro staff aimed at the Jedi Masters.

"We said, order them to stop!!" shouted Luna.

"Or what? We are innocent life-forms too, are we not?" taunted Urus to the Jedi Masters to remind them of the consequences of killing. He let out a laugh as the Jedi Knights exited the tank.

Before either one could do anything to calm the situation, there was a howl heard. Everyone turned to see a claw coming out and grabbing the ledge. It was soon followed by the head of the Zillo Beast as it made it out of the hole. It saw the Jedi and Dugs as it let out a screech.

"Oh shit!" said Storm.

The Zillo Beast started to use its arms to swat the catapults away as the Jedi all hopped back into their tanks. Anakin was with Windu while Storm was with Luna in a separate one.

"Charge up the rays!" shouted Windu to the clones in the driver seat and Luna over his comlink.

The clones did as they were told as all the tanks began to prep. The Zillo Beast was pushing itself up out of the hole as it towered our heroes. It began to take some steps forward as it destroyed the tents used by the Dugs as well as a few that tried to escape. It saw Doge Urus as it looked to bring its foot down on the leader. It barely got him as he was flung from his ride which was crushed by the monster. He landed in front of the tanks that Jedi were in as they had their cannons aimed upwards.

"Fire!" shouted Luna, giving the command to all the tanks.

The tanks heard the Jedi Master's order as they charged up and fired some lasers. They all made contact with the Zillo Beast as it was moving about the monster's body. The effect seemed to be having no effect as the beast continued its rampage as it used its third arm on its back to swipe and destroy some tanks.

"Back up! back up!" shouted Anakin.

The clones heard that as they all began to move the tanks in reverse. A few more were destroyed as they continued to fire their lasers while moving back.

"This isn't working!" shouted Storm as he could see the beast wasn't slowing down.

The Zillo Beast was on top of our heroes as it slumped down to grab two tanks in its hands. It banged them together like cymbals before throwing one of them into the nearby fuel reserve as it exploded upon impact. It threw the other into some nearby buildings as another explosion occurred. It caused a column to fall as more destruction occurred.

The Zillo Beast took more steps on its march as it soon showed its face. On its face could be seen signs of exhaustion as the beams that were still firing on its body were starting to rack up and take their toll on the beast. The beast stumbled as it grabbed another tank in its hand.

"Whose bright idea was this, anyway!?!!" shouted a clone as he and his comrade were being lifted in the air at the mercy of the creature.

They saw the beast's eye as it growled. The creature then snarled softly as it released the tank it was holding as it landed on its feet and then backed up quickly before continuing to fire its laser.

"Keep the beam on him. He's getting tired," said Anakin.

The tanks backed up out of the way of the beast as it surrounded them. They applied some more power to the creature's body as it took some final steps forward and howled softly. The Zillo Beast then began to fall to its knees as it finally fell to the ground. Our heroes were in front of it as they fired one last laser shot at its head as the monster was starting to doze off.

The Jedi popped open their hatch as all four saw the creature.

"Hey, it worked!" stated Anakin with a smile.

"Are you sure?" asked Windu.

"Yes, I'm sure. You go first," replied the Jedi Knight as he was still hesitant on approaching the beast.

"You heard him, Luna. Go on, I'm right behind you, Master," said Storm as Luna rolled her eyes at her student.

Both Jedi Masters took the lead without fear as they approached the beast with the Jedi Knights following behind them. Both masters put their hands on the beast as they looked into their eyes and could see into its soul.

"Now we just have to get him out of here," said Luna rubbing the creature's face.

She then began to hum and sing softly to the creature to help it fall asleep and offer comfort. The beast heard the lullaby by the Jedi Master as it closed its eye and went to sleep.


The Jedi were back in the palace. They were meeting with Doge Urus as Anakin presented the Dug with a tablet device that was the treaty. The Dug signed his signature on it as the deal with the Republic was made official.

"Welcome to the Republic, Doge Urus," said Chancellor Palpatine as he was present via hologram. "I am sure this business arrangement will be mutually beneficial."

The Jedi approached the communication tables.

"The beast has been loaded onto the transport," said Windu.

"Have you selected a planet for relocation?" asked Luna.

"There has been a slight change of plans. The scientific community has reviewed the data on this rather unique creature. They believed it should be further studied in a more controlled environment before it is released into the wild." said the Chancellor.

"And where is this controlled environment?!!" asked Windu as he and Luna were unhappy to hear the news presented by the Chancellor.

"On Coruscant," answered Palpatine.

"What?!!!" yelled Luna as she was displeased to hear that.

"Master Windu, Master Luna, you two, along with General Skywalker
and General Storm, shall safety bring the beast here," said the Chancellor as the transmission ended.

The Jedi all looked at each other as they exited the room and onto a balcony.

"Well, you two made the right choice," said Anakin to the Jedi Masters. "We get our fuel, you both save your creature, and now he'll be safe."

"Let's hope we can say the same thing about Coruscant," replied Windu as he and Luna were still concerned.

The gunships in the field were all loading the Zillo Beast for departure. Soon the Jedi began to board their ship to leave as well. As Storm and Luna got into their separate gunship, the Jedi Master spoke with her student.

"Storm?"

"Yes, Master."

"When we get to Coruscant. Stick close by me, at all times."

"Huh?"

"No matter what. Do not leave my side."

"Luna?" asked the boy as he was concerned at how she was looking forward.

"Stay by me."

While the Jedi Knight was confused by how his master was acting, Luna was preparing herself. The Jedi Master knew the consequences as did Windu, of having the creature so close to many people. And given they only had a certain time limit before the monster woke up, she was giving a warning to her student in case anything bad happen. That he would not leave her side so that she could keep him safe. She looked at Storm as the boy simply nodded. She nodded as well before placing her hand one final time on his head and rubbing his hair as their ship took off.

PreviousChapters Next