• Published 20th Nov 2021
  • 2,450 Views, 857 Comments

Star Wars: The Great War - ShootingStar25



You've heard it time and time again. The Force surrounds us and binds the galaxy together. Well, that hits both hard and true. The time for survival is now and may the Force guide us to a better tomorrow.

  • ...
1
 857
 2,450

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 5: The Battle of Christophsis

Recap: A galaxy divided! Striking swiftly after the Battle of Geonosis, Count Dooku's army has seized control of the major hyperspace lanes, separating the Republic from the majority of its clone army. With few clones available, the Jedi generals cannot gain a foothold in the Outer Rim as more and more planets choose to join Dooku's Separatists. While the Jedi are occupied fighting a war, no one is left to keep the peace. Chaos and crime spread and the innocent become victims in a lawless galaxy. Crime lord Jabba the Hutt's son has been kidnapped by a rival band of pirates. Desperate the save his son, Jabba puts out a call for help. A call the Jedi are cautious to answer.

On the planet Coruscant, the Chancellor was receiving the call from Jabba the Hut. He was joined by Jedi Masters Plo Koon, Luminara Unduli, Mace Windu, and Luna. Together all of them were hearing the request made by the crime lord.

"Jabba requests that anyone who can help us find his kidnapped son send any information they have immediately." spoked a translator droid next to Jabba.

"We must help Jabba. This is the opportunity we've been looking for. The Jedi must rescue Jabba's son." said Chancellor Palpatine as the transmission shut off.

"I don't like it, dealing with that criminal scum," said Mace Windu.

"As Jedi, we have a responsibility to uphold and not work with criminals and people who bring chaos. But the war is taking a toll on all of us, Windu." said Luna to her friend.

"This is a dark day for the Republic," said Mace Windu.

"I agree, my friend, but what choice do we have?" asked the Chancellor as he began to walk with the other four Jedi Masters accompanying him. "The Hutts control the Outer Rim, and we'll need their space lanes to move our troops."

"There is more to this kidnapping than it seems," stated Mace Windu.

"Then you must send as many Jedi as you can."

"Impossible, Chancellor. The droid General Grievous has our forces spread thin," said Mace Windu.

"What about your student, Luna? Storm could take this mission, he does like to do things by himself." stated the Chancellor.

"Unfortunately, my student is occupied with his things. He's currently with Obi-wan and Anakin on their mission." said the girl.

"They are the only Jedi we can spare and they just captured the planet Christophsis," informed Mace Windu.

"Then contact them immediately." said the Chancellor.


In the orbit of Christophsis, the Admiral was currently getting ready to engage the Separatist fleet. He'd been told about the Jedi Council contacting him as he went to see what it was. He arrived at the bridge as the holographic images of Master Yoda, Mace Windu, and one other Jedi who was none other than Jedi Master Celestia herself.

"We need to make contact with General Kenobi," said Mace Windu.

"We've been unable to reach him. It could be a solar storm, or they're rebooting their communication system. I'm sure the blackout is temporary." said the Admiral.

"A messenger, we are sending, with important orders for General Kenobi," spoke Yoda.

"See to it that she gets there as fast as possible," instructed Mace Windu.

"Yes, sir. As soon as we load relief supplies." stated the Admiral.

"No time, there is. Immediately, the messenger must go," said Yoda.

"If I may Master Yoda," interrupted Celestia. "I believe I can also send someone who can help the boys on Christophsis. I was hoping to have waited until the mission was a success, but it appears I'll have to send her to meet the boy faster than I expected. My sister has already given her thoughts and she too believes this might be our best chance."

"Very well, Celestia. Your student, I trust to help," smiled the small green creature at his friend.

"I understand, sir and madam. I will personally take an unloaded ship to drop them off. Then return to pick up my reinforcements." stated the Admiral.

Meanwhile, on the planet's surface, things weren't any better. The day started with the three Jedi waking up and going over the plan with each of their commanders and troops together. They prepared to fight as the first wave of droids was inbound. It turned out to be rather easy as they survived, but even still, it required a lot of supplies. Especially, given they only had the heavy cannons to repel the enemy. Some of the ships were sent back to get supplies and refuel as they believed they had time before the droids came back. Turns out once the ships left, the droids returned. Now everybody was scrambling to get into position and deploy the proper countermeasures.

Anakin was with his master as well as Cody and Rex as they saw the droids a few meters in front of them.

"They're back!" shouted the boy.

"I told you this victory was too easy," said Obi-wan. "We never should have sent the ship back for supplies."

"It wasn't my idea to send the ship back," said Anakin glaring at his master.

"Well, we better get ready!" shouted Storm as he was a few meters in front of the two as he was deflecting some lasers with his lightsaber hitting them back to the droids. "Cause by the looks of things, this one is bigger than the last one. And we're not gonna survive without any supplies."

"All right, men. Second wave, incoming," stated Obi-wan to the troops.

"Rex, you and your men follow me," ordered Anakin as they had a plan.

"Cody, battle positions!" said Kenobi to his right-hand man.

"Storm, what are your orders?" asked Sark.

"We're with Obi-wan. Get the crew ready. We'll help with the main defensive line." instructed Storm.

"Right away, sir!" shouted Sark as he went to go round up Ricochet and Claude.

"Up to the front!" shouted Cody as he rallied his men.

The massive droid army that was heading towards our heroes was full. The first few sections of the droids were normal soldiers. Then the sections after them were Superbattle droids as they were much tougher opponents and could tank a lot more hits. And behind them were a few Octuptarra Combat Droids. And in the way back were battle tanks that were firing at the clones and the Jedi. Thankfully our heroes had the heavy cannons as they could be able to fire and hit some of the enemies before they got close, but it was still a lot coming.

The clones were broken up into different sections with some of them taking positions behind a wall as they propped their guns on it and began to fire. But even then, some of them got hit by enemy fire. Another section was with Storm and Obi-wan as they were upfront as the clones hide behind some of the rubble on the narrow pathway as it provided some decent cover, but even then some were shot. Obi-wan gave the signal with his hand as it meant for the clones operating the heavy cannons to fire. R2-D2 was frightened that he decided to stick with the soldiers guarding the weapons as one of them rubbed his silver head to comfort him.

Obi-wan and Storm were standing next to each other as they deflected some shots as around them were clones crouching and firing from behind cover. They were trying their best to hold on.

"Skywalker should have attacked by now," said Cody.

"What the hell's taking him so long?" asked Sark as he was next to Storm with their squad. Even with Ricochet's ability to bounce the blast and hit multiple targets, more appeared. As soon as three were shot down, six more appeared in its place.

"Don't worry! He knows the plan!" shouted Obi-wan.

"Let's hope so!" shouted Storm to his friend.

The droids were advancing on our heroes as they passed a building. However, on that building were Anakin and his troops as they were waiting for them to pass by.

"What's our plan of attack, sir?" asked Rex.

"Follow me," said Anakin with a smirk. He then flipped off the building as he landed on top of one of the Octuptarra Combat Droids. His troops all jumped off as they had jetpacks strapped on. They landed and began to fire at the Octuptarra Combat Droid who was aimed at Anakin who ignited his lightsaber as he was deflecting its shots.

"Come on then!" shouted Obi-wan.

"Move forward!!" yelled out Storm as well to the clones.

"Right on! Give it to them!" shouted some of the clones as they got up from the cover and now charged forward with some of them getting blasted.

Eventually, both sides met as Storm and Obi-wan got to work on cutting down the droids and reflecting their shots. The clones also made contact with the enemy as they were face to face as they shot at close range. Some of them fell over but not before taking out as many droids as they could. Cody and Sark were way upfront with their Generals as their combat experience allowed them to dodge the bullets while fistfighting the droids and then getting back into position to shoot with the rest of their troops. Anakin was still on top of the droid he was riding on deflecting the shots from the one aimed at him. He then jumped off as the droid kept on shooting as he slashed at the one he was one as it turned its head as the droid tracking the Jedi shot and hit its comrade as the droid went down and exploded. Skywalker then hopped onto another Octuptarra Combat Droid.

"Careful lad. On the left!" shouted Sark as he gave orders to some of the clone troopers as he was directing traffic.

Obi-wan and Storm managed to dwindle the numbers down as they cut down the last droids on the ground. Anakin was able to deflect the shot from the droid shooting him as it was destroyed. He then leaped onto the legs of the droid he was on and cut them off as it tumbled into the ground. The clones began to pick off the remaining forces.

"We're gonna need reinforcements," said Anakin to Obi-wan.

"We haven't been able to get through to the Admiral." responded the Jedi Master.

"I tried to get Claude to fix the transmitter, but even he's having problems with it," said Storm as he stood next to his allies deflecting more blasts.

The heavy guns being used by the clones were now making a dent in the droid army. They were taking out the tanks in the backline. The one in charge, General Loathsam came out of his tank and contacted one of the droids.

"Why are we stopping?"

"We cannot get past their cannons, sir," answered a droid.

"Cannons? This will never do," said Loathsam. "We must pull back and set up our deflector shields. Turn the troops around!" shouted the general.

"Retreat! Retreat!" shouted a droid commander as the droids listened.

"Roger, roger." said all the droids as they ran.

"They're pulling back," said Anakin.

"Cease fire!" shouted Sark as he got the clones to stop as they too saw the enemy running. He then began to tell the troops to get ready in case they get back. "General Storm, I'm gonna grab the guys. Best to prepare when they come back."

"Good work, Sark. And the rest of the team." said Storm as he saluted his trooper.

All three Jedi then saw a small ship fly by as they saw it was from the Admiral.

"Looks like help has arrived," said Obi-wan. "Our cruiser must be back."

"Which means we'll be able to get our reinforcements," said Anakin as he and Storm were walking with Obi-wan towards the ship.

"Then it looks like our problems are solved. Fresh troops, new supplies, and perhaps they brought my new Padawan with them."

"Hold on, Obi-wan you never told me that you getting a Padawan? I thought with Anakin, you didn't need one." joked Storm.

"Ha-ha, very funny, Storm." said the Jedi to his friend. "Besides, Obi-wan, you think it's a good idea to bring a Padawan learner into all this?"

"I spoke to Master Yoda about it. You should put in a request for one. You'd make a great teacher."

"Anakin? A teacher?" laughed Storm to Obi-wan as he too smirked. "Hey, Anakin. You remember that bet we made five years ago when we played a game?"

"Yes, I do. And it's not gonna happen," said Skywalker to the boy slightly younger than him. "I said I would never have a Padawan and I mean it."

"Anakin, teaching is a privilege," said Obi-wan. "And it's part of a Jedi's responsibility to help train the next generation."

"A Padawan would just slow me down," replied Skywalker.

"Plus, you suck at teaching. Remember when you tried to teach me how to pod race back on Tatooine?" reminded Storm.

"Hey, I said the accelerator was jammed. Plus I knew what I was doing." said the boy.

"Yeah, we nearly crashed into a wall because of it. Then you got scared cause Luna was about to kill you right then and there for giving me a slight concussion," replied Storm as he pointed to the part of his head where he got the bump.

"I said I was sorry," said Anakin. "I didn't expect her to chase me down, nobody got hurt. Significantly."

"Yeah, tell me is the place where Luna kicked you so hard still hurts?" taunted Anakin as he just shut up. To him, it was embarrassing that Luna gave him a beating as Obi-wan was present that day to watch his student be punished by his friend with a smile.

All three then turned their attention to the ship as the doors opened up. Standing there were two individuals as one was a Togruta female who was very young; the person next to her was a bit older as they looked to be about Storm's age. This girl was different in that she had her hair flowing down as they were dark sapphire-colored with moderate purple and brilliant raspberry streaks. Her eyes were moderate purple with her skin being pale, light grayish mulberry.

"You didn't tell me you had two Padawans requested?" said Storm. "I thought the rule was only one."

"A youngling?" said Obi-wan as even he was surprised by the padawan he saw. He knew who the other girl was as it was none other than Celestia's apprentice.

"And who are you two supposed to be?" asked Anakin.

"I'm Ahsoka."

"Twilight Sparkle."

"Master Yoda and Celestia sent us," said Ahsoka. "We were told to tell both of you that you must get back to the Jedi Temple immediately. There's an emergency."

"Well, I don't know if you've noticed, but we're in a bit of an emergency right here."

"We have no supplies and our troops are running low. So unless you two happen to bring that and some firepower with that ship of yours, I don't think we're going anywhere!" stated Storm with a scowl as did Anakin.

"No need to yell at us, we're just the messengers," said Twilight as she looked at the boy.

"Our communications have been a bit unreliable, but we've been calling for help," said Obi-wan.

"Master Yoda hadn't heard from any of you, so he sent me to deliver the message," stated Ahsoka.

"Oh, great. They don't even know we're in trouble." groaned Anakin.

"We're screwed then. So much for trying to help the people of Christophsis. At this current rate, I'll estimate a half rotation before they overwhelm us," said Storm as he too groaned.

"Maybe you can relay a signal through the cruiser that just dropped us off," said Ahsoka.

"I can get it to work," said Twilight. "I... kinda have a knack when it comes to technical things." smiled the girl sheepishly as it gave the three boys some hope.

Back in space, the Republic and Separatists were going at each other. All around were ships firing a mix of blue and red shots. And in the midst were smaller Republic and Separatist ships trying to wipe out the other.

"We need to go back and pick up our reinforcements. We've got to get out of here!" shouted the Admiral.

"We're under attack by Separatist warships, but I'll try to make contact with the Jedi Temple for you. Stand by." said one of the crewmen.

All five Jedi were around the communicator as they waited for the connection to be. It didn't look promising as there was nothing for a few moments. Soon there was a connection made, but faint.

"Master Kenobi, glad Ashoka and Twilight found you, I am."

"Master Yoda, we are trapped here, and vastly outnumbered. We are in no position to go anywhere or do anything. Our support ships have all been destroyed."

"Send reinforcements to you, we will," said Yoda as the transmission was cutting off.

"Master Yoda? Master Yoda?" called out Obi-wan but soon they lost the signal.

"We've lost the transmission, sir. We have to leave orbit immediately. More enemy ships have just arrived. We'll get back to you as soon as we can." said the crewman as they shut off their comms.

"Well, I guess we'll have to hold out a little longer," said Anakin.

"At this point, that's our specialty. Especially for the three of us." stated Storm as he looked at his two friends and reminded them of their past encounters like this.

"My apologies, girls. It's time for a proper introduction," said Obi-wan as he approached the girls.

"I'm the new Padawan learner. I'm Ahsoka Tano."

"I'm Obi-wan Kenobi, your new master."

"I'm at your service, Master Kenobi, but I'm afraid I've been assigned to Master Skywalker." said the girl as she pointed at the boy.

"What?" said Anakin.

"Hey, Anakin! You remember." said Storm as he was bringing up something. "You said you never be caught dead with a Padawan. So much so that you said, if you ever got one, you would owe 10,000 credits. Well, looks I'm getting my money's worth!" said Storm as he was cracking up at his friend.

"No, no, no, no. This is not happening," said Anakin to his friend. "That was five years ago, so it doesn't count."

"Nah, you said, until the day you die. You would never have a Padawan. We shook on it, even. So it's legit." said Storm as he punched his friend in the arm as he was still laughing.

"There must be some mistake. He's the one who wanted the Padawan," said Anakin pointed to his master.

"No, Master Yoda was very specific. I'm assigned to Anakin Skywalker, and he is to supervise my Jedi training," said Ashoka as Obi-wan just smiled.

"But that doesn't make any sense," complained Anakin.

"Hey, Obi-wan you be down for some celebration once Anakin pays me the money?" asked Storm.

"Well, I do enjoy a chance to mock Anakin for his foolishness." stated the Jedi master as he agreed to his friend's request as he couldn't help but smile.

"Let me guess, you're the Padawan that Obi-wan requested?" said Storm to Twilight.

"Actually no. I'm a Jedi Knight, not a Padawan. And I'm not assigned to Master Kenobi, I'm here cause I was told by my Master Celestia that I was to partner with a certain Jedi. By the name of Storm, do you know where I may find him?" asked Twilight.

"Look two inches to your left and you'll find him." smiled Obi-wan as Storm's laughter now ceased as he realized who the girl in front of him was.

"You?!" said both boy and girl looking at each other. "You're Master Celestia's/Master's Luna's student?!"

"Look at that Storm, you got a partner. Mr. 'Lone Wolf'." chuckled Anakin.

"Well, unlike you, Anakin. I knew about this, yet I don't fully agree with this idea. But I was told that we would meet after the mission of Christophsis was a success. So why are you here?" asked Storm to the girl.

"I told you, Master Celestia felt like she needed to pair us up as a way for our Jedi training to improve." said the girl.

"I've been trained by Luna who is a powerful warrior. So based on that thinking, I'm fine without having someone to constantly look after. Look, Master Celestia may have trained you, but I like to work alone. So just run along and tell her, that this partnership is not gonna work out. Okay, Twinkie Sprinkles?" said Storm.

"Twinkie Sprinkles?!!!" shouted Twilight as she was offended by what the boy was calling her. "My name is Twilight Sparkle!!!"

"No need to yell, gees Sparky," said Storm as he rubbed his ears.

"Sparky?!!!" shouted Twilight even more at being called that. "It's Sparkle! Twilight Sparkle!" said the girl in a stern tone.

Obi-wan now saw the two pairs start to bicker a bit as he couldn't help but chuckle at the four different attitudes he was seeing among two of his close friends. He then decided to reel in the situation.

"We'll have to sort this out later," said Obi-wan getting everybody's attention. "It won't be long before those droids figure out a way around our cannons."

"I'll check on Rex in the lookout post," said Anakin as he wanted to leave.

"You'd better take her with you." smiled Obi-wan smugly to his student as he looked at Ahsoka. Anakin didn't say anything as he just started walking with Ahsoka following her supervisor.

"Well, I should check in with Sark," said Storm as he too wanted to leave.

"Storm, you're forgetting someone?" said Obi-wan still having that smug smile. Storm was confused as he saw his friend gesture his head towards the girl.

"Hurry up, Sparky!" said Storm as he walked off.

"It's Sparkle!" shouted Twilight as she went after her partner. "Say it with me, Sparkle!"

"Shut up!" whined Storm.

He was walking with the girl now pulled out a personal notebook as she was telling the boy how Celestia came up with this idea and explained all the pros and cons that came with their decision to team the two of them up. All of it caused Storm to be mentally exhausted as he didn't expect to have a nerdy girl as his "partner". He would have been fine with having a girl if she was more like him and not... whatever Twilight was. Though while they were making their way to Commander Sark and his troops, Storm did call her a nerd which resulted in a huge scream being heard.

"I hate that word!!!" said Twilight as her voice echoed for all to hear.


On another planet, inside a monastery. Asajj Ventress and Sunset Shimmer were surrounded by Superbattle droids as they talked with someone.

"We have brought Jabba's son to the abandoned monastery. He will be safe here," said Ventress.

"Good, good." spoke a voice as it belonged to an older man. "Everything is going as planned."

"Yes, my lord," spoke Ventress.

Another person made their presence known as both girls now bowed down as the person was none other than Darth Sidious himself.

"Soon the Jedi will not only be at war with you, Count, but the Hutt clan as well." said the dark lord.

Back on Christophsis, the clones were all in different lookout positions. They were scattered among the different buildings along the main path. Rex was on one of the positions as he received word from one of the scouts that it was all clear.

"What's the status, Rex?" asked Anakin as he and Ahsoka arrived.

"Quiet, for now, sir. They're gearing up for another assault." said the captain as he looked who was next to his General. "Who's the youngling?"

"I'm Master Skywalker's Padawan. The name's Ahsoka Tano."

"Sir, I thought you said you'd never have a Padawan," said Rex to his buddy.

"There's been a mix-up. The youngling isn't with me."

"Stop calling me that! You're stuck with me, Skyguy," said Ahsoka. Her response got Rex to laugh as did some of the other clone troopers.

"What did you just call me? Don't get snippy with me, little one," said Anakin as he didn't like being made fun of, especially in front of his troops. "You know, I don't even think you're old enough to be a Padawan." said the Jedi Knight as he got in the face of Ahsoka.

"Well, maybe I'm not, but Master Yoda thinks I am," replied Ahsoka with a smile.

"Well, you're not with Master Yoda now. So, if you're ready, you better start proving it. Captain Rex, will show you how a little respect can go a long way."

"Uh, right." stuttered Rex at the order given to him by his General. "Come on, youngling."

"Padawan," muttered Ahsoka as she left with Rex.

Seems the pair wasn't the only ones not getting along, as Storm and Twilight had their own. But we'll circle back to that in just a moment. Right now Rex was walking with Anakin's student down the path.

"Have you thought about moving that line back, Captain? They'd have better cover that way," said Ahsoka offering some advice.

"Thanks for the suggestion, but General Skywalker thinks they're fine where they are," answered Rex.

"So, if you're a captain and I'm a Jedi, then, technically, I outrank you, right?" wondered Ashoka.

"In my book, experience outranks everything," answered Rex.

"Well, if experience outranks everything, I guess I better start getting some," said Ahsoka. She then looked ahead and saw something. "What's that?"

Rex also looked ahead and saw the same thing, "Not good. They've got an energy shield. That's gonna make things damn near impossible." said the captain as they could see the shield producing a dome that grew larger with each second. "If you wanted experience, little one, it looks like you're about to get plenty."

Back with Storm and Twilight, the pair had just made it back to where the boy's squad was as they were sitting down on some boxes prepping their weapons.

"And that's why you have better luck if you shifted your weight here, and then counter-attacked from this angle," said Twilight showing her math.

"AHH!!" shouted Storm as he had enough of listening to this girl.

"Are you listening to me?" asked Twilight.

"How can I not, Sparky? You've been blabbing in my ears since we started!" said Storm.

"That's not my name!!!" shouted Twilight as she couldn't believe what Storm was calling her.

"Sir, everything is ready," said Ricochet. He then looked at the girl who was the same age as their general. "Storm, what's with the girl? I thought Jedi couldn't have a special someone."

"Special someone? Oh, hell no!" shouted Storm. "She's anything but that!" pointed the boy as Twilight who got offended by that statement. She then clocked Storm on the head as he felt it as a cartoonish bump appeared on his head as he shook it off to disappear.

"How dare you say that about me!" said Twilight as she crossed her arms and looked away with an upset expression.

"This girl..." groaned Storm.

"Storm, mind explaining?" asked Claude.

"You know how I told you that Luna decided to pair me with her sister's student." said the boy to his three men.

"I thought that was supposed to happen after this mission was complete," said Sark.

"Thought so too, but apparently, Master Celestia thought it'd be wise to have the two of us meet right now so that we can form that partnership. I'm starting to regret ever letting Luna talk me into this. I mean look at her, she talks too much. Not to mention a total nerd."

"I heard that!! I said don't say that word!" yelled Twilight to the boy.

"Cry me a river cause it's true!" yelled back Storm as the two Jedi glared at one another. The three clones saw how their general was acting as they could see this was going to be a rocky relationship.

"I don't how Master Luna took you as her student," said Twilight.

"Well, I can see why you're Master Celestia's star apprentice. You're just like her."

"What's that suppose to mean?!" said the girl.

"You're both boring and talk a lot," responded Storm.

"Take that back!" said Twilight as she got in the face of the boy as both put their foreheads against one another like bulls locking horns.

"Make me!" responded Storm.

"Fine," said Twilight as she stepped back and pulled out her weapon.

"You're kidding me, right?" said Storm as while he didn't like the girl's behavior towards being punctual. He did admit, she gave him a chuckle at trying to be serious.

"I'm not," said Twilight standing her ground to defend both the honor of her and Celestia.

"This will be easy, step aside gentlemen." said Storm as he told his men to back up a bit as he pulled out his weapon and a yellow light ignited. Twilight then did the same but the most shocking thing was the color that was Twilight's lightsaber as it was purple. "How... how do you have a purple lightsaber? Only Master Windu has that."

"As you said, I'm not Celestia's star apprentice for nothing." smiled Twilight smugly as she prepared to show off her skills.

Storm just ignored that as he and Twilight got into ready stances. Neither made a move as they just began to walk counterclockwise, trying to see what the other would do. Being trained by Jedi Masters who were sisters allowed different teaching to be shown. Storm had taken an offensive stance to start, while Twilight took defense. Storm had his lightsaber out, while Twilight held hers close to her body. Soon Storm made a move as Twilight initiated the proper counterattack as both of their blades clashed.

Storm then pushed away from the blade for a bit and spun around to kick the girl in the midsection but Twilight saw it coming as when her blade was pushed back, she recovered immediately and jumped up to avoid the kick. She landed with a smile as Storm had a scowl on his face. He then charged forward and began to move his blade from the left to the right hitting several side attacks, but Twilight kept her balance and calmed her mind as she countered every swing of the boy's blade and then leaped over him to get away. Storm then turned around as he tried some low and high attacks taught to him by Luna as Twilight blocked each one with ease.

Twilight then saw her opening as she collided her blade with Storm's and then moved theirs in a circle as when she completed the full rotation she flicked the weapon up and then kicked the boy in his chest as Storm was pushed back with his feet dragging. Twilight then closed in the distance as she was now on the offensive and it was Storm who had to switch positions. Twilight jumped and did a downward slash as Storm blocked it as Twilight landed and then spun in the air for several rotations as her blade kept hitting Storm's pushing him back. She then threw her blade at the boy as he blocked it only for it to return to her hand in a second as she now hammered the boy with shots.

Storm was getting a sense of how the girl was fighting as he too began to counteract. Despite being mostly on the offensive, Luna made sure to teach Storm a strong defensive stance in the case he was either caught off guard or found himself in that position from the start. So while Twilight kept hammering him, he took the few seconds he had before her next attack hit to leap into the air. Twilight saw this and too jumped as she raised her blade at Storm who was upside and blocked her blade with his. The two held their position for a few seconds before falling onto the ground.

The moment, both landed, they crossed blades once more and cartwheeled before clashing again. Back and forth they were going as neither wanted to give an inch, they even tried to catch the other off by doing a Force push, but both thought of the same thing as they put their hands out and were repelled back. Both leaped up and met in the air once more as their faces were close to one another. They landed and Storm swept Twilight from under as she fell and the boy jumped on her as she countered by wrapping her legs around his neck and then switched them over as she prepared to punch the boy. Storm moved his head and caught her arm with his and the two rolled around in the ground trying to be on top. Storm got off to avoid Twilight kicking him off. He landed and then pushed forward as he tackled Twilight who just got back up and was now on the ground. Her weapon was just out of reach as she was pinned down by her shoulders.

Storm looked at the girl under him as he was sweating. The same could be said for Twilight as she had some rolling down her face, not to mention her hair was a bit messy from their encounter. Both teens looked at one another seeing each other's eyes. They realized the situation they were in and the fact that Storm's clones had watched the whole thing as he got off of the girl and allowed Twilight to sit up.

"You're good," said Storm sitting in front of the girl, taking some deep breaths.

Twilight used the Force to pull her weapon into her hand. She then looked at the boy staring back at her. "You as well."

Both of them found themselves exhausted from their little sparring match. But it did allow the other to see how well trained they were by their master's respective sister. With that little encounter, they weren't fully on board about being partners, but they gain a small bit of respect. At least that was a good starting point.

"Storm!" shouted Rex as he called from down below. "They're back. Quit making out with the girl and hurry up to the meeting." said the captain as he then left.

"Making out?!" shouted Storm as he looked at Twilight. "Like I would with her." said the boy as he got up. "Guys, let's hurry.

"Hey!" shouted Twilight as she took offense to what Storm said. And the fact, that if she wasn't a Jedi and met Storm. She would never hook up with him. She put her weapon onto her hip and straighten out her bangs before catching up with the boy and his clones.

The droids were now advancing as they remained behind the shield as it would provide them some extra coverage. The one in charge, General Loathsam, popped out of his tank and saw his servant droid approach him.

"What is it?" asked the general as his droid pulled out a communicator and projected it.

"The clones are pulling back, and the lead tanks are now approaching the city center." said one of the droids.

"Get to those heavy cannons as quickly as you can!" ordered Loathsam.

The clones were all finishing their preparations as they were setting up in the town square. The Jedi along with Captain Rex and Commander Sark all gathered around a map of the battlefield.

"That should do it, Storm."

"Thanks, Claude." said the boy to his men for fixing the projection. "Go get ready, once we finish this plan, I'll inform you and Ricochet."

"Yes, Storm." said the clone as he went off.

"The shield generator is somewhere in this area." pointed Obi-wan to the map. "They're slowly increasing the diameter, and keeping it just ahead of their troops."

"Heavy cannons are gonna be useless against that," said Rex.

"And if they get close enough, they'll be overwhelmed. Plus, with that shield, it means we'll have to engage them on the streets," added Sark.

"As they get closer, I suppose we could try to draw them into the buildings. That might level the playing field a bit," suggested Obi-wan.

"Remember what happened last time, Obi-wan. You guys got overwhelmed, even if we're prepared this time," said Storm as he reminded his friend of what happened recently. "They still have the bigger numbers and our troops can't hold out for long. They gonna breakthrough."

"If that shield's gonna be such a problem, why don't we just take it out?" stated Ahsoka.

"Easier said than done," stated Rex.

"The captain is right, getting through that many droids, plus tanks, and then having to take out the shield. Even the strongest Jedi will have a difficult time," said Twilight.

"Well, I, for one, agree with her," said Anakin with some hesitation on saying that. "Someone has to get to that shield generator and destroy it. That's the key."

"Right, then. Maybe you two can tiptoe through the enemy lines and solve this particular problem together."

"Can do, Master Kenobi," said Ahsoka.

"I'll decide what we do," said Anakin to the girl.

"If Rex and I can engage them here," said Obi-wan pointed to the map, "you two might have a chance to get through their lines undetected, here." said the Jedi Master pointed at another part of the map.

"Divide and conquer. An old tactic, but an effective one," said Twilight as she was amazed by the strategic mind of Obi-wan.

"Storm, you want to tag alone?" asked Anakin.

"Wish I could bud. But based on the situation, I think it's best that I stay with Obi-wan and the clones to help provide some defense," said Storm to his friend. "What about you?"

"I have faith that Master Kenobi and you can stall the enemy. But if you listen to what I say, then we'll buy them even more time," stated Twilight.

"Whatever you say, Sparky."

"That's not my name!" shouted Twilight as she glared at Storm for calling her that.

"They won't have much time. The droids far outnumber us, so our ability to street fight is limited without the use of heavy cannons. They will march forward under the protection of their shield until they are right on top of our cannons, then they'll blow them away." said Rex as he looked at the map to see where the enemy was. And how much distance they had till they got to their home base.

"We'll figure out a way. Come on, Master, let's go," said Ahsoka.

"If we survive this, Snips, you and I are gonna have a talk," said Anakin giving Ahsoka her nickname for what she called him. The pair now left as they had to get ready.

"They make quite a pair, don't they, sir?" asked Rex. "You think they have a chance?"

"They better. If they can't turn off that shield generator before it reaches the heavy cannons, they'll be no escape for any of us," said Obi-wan.

"Then we best get ready," said Storm. "Sark, let's go. We may be with Obi-wan forces, but they won't pay all their attention to him. Which means, we'll be in charge of the clones once the enemy gets past him."

"Right away, sir," said Sark as he and Storm started to walk.

"You're forgetting about me!" shouted Twilight as she ran off to her companion.

The three were off as Rex and Obi-wan also saw the way Storm and Twilight acted.

"Miss Sparkle is an eccentric girl for General Storm to have as a partner," stated Rex.

"Indeed, I see why Celestia wanted to team her with Storm. They make a formidable pair, just hope they can work together to survive this war." said the Jedi Master.


Meanwhile, on another planet, a clone scout was walking through some foggy jungle. He had some camo armor as he saw the cliff and the monastery at the very top.

"What's the status?" asked one of them to another comrade.

"It looks like those bounty hunters went up there." pointed the soldier.

"Contact General Windu. Tell him we found the Hutt." said the one in charge. The soldier nodded as he looked back through his binoculars.

At that moment, the communication was made to the Jedi Temple.

"Yes, Commander?" asked Windu as he saw the holographic image. Along with Yoda who was also present.

"We've discovered that Jabba the Hutt has also hired bounty hunters to track down his son, and we followed them to a monastery on planet Teth. We feel it's where Jabba's son is being held, but it's too heavily fortified for us to do anything alone, sir."

"Commander, stay out of sight and await further orders," said Windu.

"Will do, General." said the clone as the transmission ended.

"Unusual, it is, a problem Obi-wan has, subduing the droid army," said Yoda.

"I'll take care of it," said Mace Windu as he contacted someone. "Get me, Admiral Wurtz. I need three of his star cruisers."

"Yes, General."

"Greater than we think, this mystery may be," spoke Yoda. "Go with the fleet to aid Master Kenobi, I will."


The droid army was getting closer as on a building were Anakin and Ahsoka.

"So, what's the plan?" asked the girl.

"I thought you were the one with the plan." said Anakin removing his eyes from the binoculars to scoff at the girl.

"No, I'm the one with enthusiasm. You're the one with the experience, which I'm looking forward to learning from," said Ahsoka as Anakin gave a tiny smile.

"Well, first, we need to get behind that shield, then get past their tank lines," said Anakin as he explained what he saw through his binoculars.

"Why don't we just go around? Outflank them?"

"That'd take too long."

"Sneak through the middle, then?"

"Impossible," answered Anakin to Ahsoka's questions. "Unless you can turn yourself into a droid." Anakin then began to think about what he said.

"All right. You win. My first lesson will be to wait while you come up with the answer." said Ahsoka.

"Well, wait's over. I've got a plan," said Anakin with a smirk.

The heavy cannons were firing as their shots hit the shield hoping to make some dent, but nothing. Shot after shot was fired, but the shield just stayed intact as it kept on getting closer.

"That shield is certainly putting a crimp in my day," said Obi-wan through binoculars.

"It's no use, sir! Even at full power, the cannon doesn't affect it," said Rex.

"All right, Rex. It was worth a try. Tell the men to fall back!" ordered Obi-wan.

"I told you," said Twilight as she was nearby. "A shield that strong, nothing gets through. The only way to properly take it out is to destroy the generator."

The droids were getting closer as they made their way over a bridge. However, on that bridge was a small container that was on the ground. It soon lifted as under it were Anakin and Ahsoka as it seemed Anakin's plan was to let the droids all past by. Then go for the generator with their comrades distracting them. Soon the shield was right on top of them as they were inside. Some of the droids in the front hit the container when they marched, but soon they went around it to avoid it being in the way.

"This is a stupid plan!" said Ahsoka. "We should fight these guys, instead of just sneaking around."

"Except for the fact that their deflective energy shield just passed over us," said Anakin. "If you can't cross their lines, let their lines cross you."

"If you say so."

Once the last of the droids passed them, both began to crawl with the container on them as they were now heading for the generator. The droids now were just a few meters away from the town square as hiding on a building was Obi-wan and Rex. Storm was in the building next to Obi-wan's left with Twilight next to him. He too had his three men behind another barricade as they prepared to engage the enemy in moments. At that moment, the shield passed over them.

"We're inside the shield. Just stay away from those tanks," order Obi-wan to Rex. He then ignited his lightsaber as it served as the signal. Storm then did the same pulled his yellow lightsaber out as Twilight with her purple one. Storm's squad and the clones all prepared to attack.

While they were marching, Obi-wan then leaped off the building to strike the enemy.

"A Jedi?" said one of the droids as Obi-wan landed on top of one of the Superbattle droids and sliced it.

He was now taking on all of them. Storm and Twilight followed his command as they landed and began to deal with regular droids slicing them down. Storm saw how Twilight was holding her own against the enemy as he smiled at the girl. Sark and Rex led their troops by zipping line down to the ground while shooting the enemy from the air. Once they landed, they roll through and began to continue firing as Storm and Twilight gave them some breathing space to attack. But even them, they were being outnumbered as both commanders had to pull back a bit into a building.

"Where's the General?" asked Rex as he didn't see where Obi-wan disappeared too.

"I don't know, sir!" said a clone as they pulled back.

"Fall back!" shouted Rex as they were coming fast.

"Alright, Twilight. Obi-wan's occupied as I said, so we're in charge. Think you can handle it?" asked Storm as they were protecting the clones by deflecting the blasts.

"Well, this is different from the simulations I've done. Nothing like this ever happened in training," said Twilight with an uneasiness. "But, I trust you." said the girl as she had faith in the person who was her assigned partner. The two then exited the building as they were telling the troops to head back to the square to set up the final stand.

"I think we made it past all of them, Master. We may pull this off yet," said Ahsoka. The two of them were still crawling toward their destination.

"We still have a ways to go before we get to the generator station," informed Anakin.

"Do we still need this thing?" asked Ahsoka. "I can't take it anymore. I have to stand up." The pair now stood up as they decided to carry their cover above their heads.

"You have got to be careful! You never know what you're gonna run into," said Anakin to the girl as they then bumped into something and fell. They managed to make contact with a Droideka(Destroyer droid) who was left behind as he activated his shield and aimed his guns at the two.

"See what I mean?" said the boy.

The Droideka then fired at the two as they activated their lightsabers and were deflecting the shots while crawling backward on the ground. Soon both got enough space as they stood up to have a better chance at defending themselves.

"We can't beat its shield," said Ahsoka.

"Run!" stated Anakin.

"What? Jedi don't run!"

"I said, run!" yelled the boy.

They both then booked it as they kept their lightsabers intact. The droid then turned into a ball as it began to roll after them moving at a high speed. It was catching up to them fast.

"Ahsoka, stop!" commanded Anakin.

"Make up your mind!"

"I said, stop!" yelled the Jedi Knight.

Ahsoka did that as the droid was still in its ball form as it neared her and she slashed her lightsaber through the droid who kept going forward as Anakin also slashed it to fully destroy it. Both turned off their lightsabers as the enemy was taken care of.

"Good. You take directions well," said Anakin as the two proceed to their destination with Ahsoka having a scowl on her face at what was just said.

Obi-wan had just saved a clone from being taking out by a Superbattle droid as he cut his arms off and then force pushed it to another one as both were taken out. One was about to shoot him in the back when it was blasted by Rex who came in with some of his clones. Sark, Storm, and Twilight also appeared behind them.

"They're right behind us, Sir!" informed Rex. "They've wiped out most of my unit. We had to pull out of there." Soon an explosion went off behind them as all five of them hide behind a barrier.

"The shield has almost reached the heavy cannons," said Obi-wan.

"We're not gonna be able to stop them, sir," said Rex.

"Obi-wan, what's the plan?" asked Storm.

"Move your troops back to the heavy cannons. Do everything you can to protect them. I'll delay the droids." said the Jedi Master.

"But..." started Rex.

"That is an order, Captain!" shouted Obi-wan.

"Master Kenobi?"

"I'll be fine, Twilight. You and Storm protect them while moving into position and take care of any stragglers that might come."

"Understood, Sark help Rex get the troops into position," said Storm.

"Right away, sir," said Commander Sark as he and Rex grabbed their troops to fall back to the cannons.

Everyone moved as a Superbattle droid jumped up as Obi-wan stabbed it. He then got out from his cover and began to race forward taking out the droids that were coming all while the clones retreated they provided some cover fire while moving back.

Anakin and Ahsoka had just made it to the shield generator as they could hear it buzzing.

"There it is. Come on," said Ahsoka pointing at it as they walked.

At that same time, Obi-wan had gotten surrounded by Superbattle droids as he retracted his lightsaber and looked forward as he saw a tank pointed at him. Soon the hood popped open and out appeared Loathsam.

"You must be the infamous General Kenobi."

"I surrender." said the Jedi Master. One of the droids approached him as he confiscated his lightsaber.

"Now Master Kenobi, order your troops to stand down," stated Loathsam. Obi-wan then used the force to make pieces of rubble near him into a table and some seats.

"General, have a seat."

"Have you gone mad?"

"I've conceded the battle. Now we simply have to negotiate the terms of surrender," said Obi-wan with a smile.

"Don't try any of your tricks, Jedi."

"Surely there's no reason we can't be civilized about this." said the Jedi Master as Loathsam had now exited his tank and was walking towards the table with his servant droid. "'Tis a rare honor to be able to meet one's opponent face-to-face. You're a legend throughout the Inner Core."

"Thank you. The honor is all mine. I'm so glad you decided to surrender."

"Well, at some point, one must accept the reality of the situation." said the Jedi Master before clearing his throat. "Might we have some refreshments?"

"You! Bring us something liquid," said Loathsam to his servant droid.

"Thank you. This shouldn't take too long," stated Obi-wan hoping he could buy time.


In space, the Republic forces had arrived. They managed to get some more reinforcements as Yoda was with them.

"We're approaching Christophsis, sir. The Separatist blockade is holding position." said one of the crewmen to the Admiral.

"Deploy the fleet. Have the cruisers protect the transports." ordered the Admiral.

"Yes, sir."

"Admiral, hurry, we must if we are to aid General Kenobi," said Yoda as he walked onto the bridge.

"It will not be easy to breach the blockade, Master Yoda. It's what stopped our relief ships before."

"Last time, not as many ships did you have. Get past it, we must. Get past it, we will."

Anakin and Ahsoka were running towards the generator just a few meters in front of them as they were running out of time to destroy it.

"Stay close. We gotta be careful," said Anakin.

"Come on!" said Ahsoka just rushing in.

"Wait!"

"Why? We're almost there. It's right..." said Ahsoka as she turned her head to Anakin while running. She failed to realize that several antennas were guarding the generator as her leg triggered one.

"I said, wait!" stated Anakin.

The ground around Ahsoka now began to rumble as she fell. Then it was pushed up as out came several LR-57 Combat Droids ready to fire.

"Forget about the droids! Set the charges!" yelled Anakin as he ignited his lightsaber while running.

He sliced some of the legs off of the ones he slide past as he came to a stop between two more and did the same thing. He was doing his best to keep them distracted. Ahsoka heard the order as she began to plant the charges, but one of the droids saw her. It was about to hit her, but Ahsoka noticed it out of the corner of her eye and moved out of the way. She then rolled under its legs and was behind it as she ignited her lightsaber. The droid turned around as she leaped over it and landed on the other side as she quickly slashed it in half and pushed the upper part of the droid away. However, it began to roll onto the field of antennas as more of them were triggered resulting in even more droids popping out of the ground.

"Sorry!"

"Whose side are you on, anyway?" shouted Anakin as he just finished taking out the ones before as more popped up and directed their attention to him.

"Setting the charges," said Ahsoka softly as she didn't want to make any more of a mess.

Back with the clones, they were near the very end as the droids pushed them back. They were just mere minutes away from reaching the heavy cannons and they were pinned down.

"Sir! General Kenobi's been captured! There's no one else left." said a clone to Rex.

"We still have General Storm and Twilight," stated Sark as he kept on firing from behind the cover.

"We've got to hold out! We can't let that shield reach the cannons," shouted Rex. "Keep fighting!"

"Don't give up!" shouted Storm in front of them as he was deflecting some shots.

"I could use a little help!" said Anakin as he was surrounded by droids as he was backed against a wall.

"Skyguy, don't move!" said Ahsoka. She then put her hands out and closed her eyes.

"What? No, no, no!" said Anakin as he was deflecting shots but turned around to see the wall was coming down due to Ahsoka using the Force. The wall came down as it crushed the droids, but there was a small opening in it that when it fell, it was above Anakin as he was safe. She then rushed over to check on her teacher.

"You could have gotten me killed!" shouted Anakin.

"I know what I'm doing," responded Ahsoka.

"I had everything under control."

"I just saved your life." said the girl to the boy.

"There's too many of them!" said Twilight as she and Storm were getting pushed back by the droids. Even the clones fell back as they were getting overrun.

"Man down!" said one of the clones as an explosion went off. He then checked his heartbeat. "Medic! We need a medic here!" shouted the clone.

"Storm, we should fall back," said Twilight.

"I'm not gonna leave my troops by themselves," said Storm as he kept on fighting. "Master Luna told me to stand and fight till your dying breath."

"That's suicide. Think! It's best to pull out!" said the girl as she tried to reason with the boy.

"You can do what you want, but I'll follow Luna's way till the bitter end." said the boy as he was prepared to make his final stand. "Hold the line!!!" shouted Storm as he had his squad and some other clones all listen as they held their position to fight till they couldn't.

Twilight was about to do what she suggested, but she also remembered what Celestia taught her to not leave anybody behind. And as much as they weren't too fond of each as partners. She couldn't leave the boy and the clones to be captured or worst. At this time, Obi-wan was still making the negotiations with the enemy general.

"And, of course, once you've taken custody of my troops, arrangements will need to be made for their food and shelter. Tell me, do you have enough supplies..."

"Enough of this! You're stalling!"

"Nonsense. General, there are numerous details to be discussed," said Obi-wan.

General Loathsam then flipped the table over as he knocked Obi-wan's teacup out of his hand.

"Seize him!" said the General as some of the droids grabbed Obi-wan by his arms and held him up. "Unless you call off your troops right now. I will have no choice but to destroy you."

"Truthfully, I was hoping your shield would be knocked out by now." said the Jedi looking up at it.

"Did you get the charges set?" asked Anakin with bitterness.

"Yes!" replied Ahsoka with the same tone.

"Then what are you waiting for?" asked Anakin with his arms crossed. Ahsoka just rolled her eyes as she pushed a button on her wrist as the charges exploded, but the two glared at one another in anger while it went off.

"Hold the line!!" shouted Storm as he was still doing his best with the clones to fight back as they were out of room to retreat. Twilight had frozen up and looked around as she saw the enemy getting closer as some of the troops fell over. She looked at Storm as it seemed he was dead set on not moving.

"Storm..." said Twilight. Soon, something happened that cut off what she was about to say. The shield in front of the droids now started to retract.

"Uh-oh." said one of the B1 droids.

Obi-wan and the Loathsam saw the shield being gone as well.

"Oh, well." smiled Obi-wan as he backflipped and got out of the droids' grip as he pushed the two of them into each other. He then leaped behind the General as the droids began to fire.

"Don't fire!" said the General as he was being used as a shield for the Jedi who had him by the chin.

"Something appears to have happened to your shield, General." snickered Obi-wan.

"Rex! Sark! Now!!!" yelled out Storm.

"Yes, sir! All cannons, fire on those tanks!" shouted Rex.

"Let's send these clankers back where they came from!!!" yelled Sark. The cannons were now aimed at the now vulnerable droid army as they fired.

"What happened to the shield?" asked one of the B1 droids looking up. They soon got blasted by one of the shots from the heavy cannons.

The cannons continued to fire as they were now taking out the remaining droids with ease. Storm charged in with the clones as he started to find his second wind as he slashed any droids in his path. Twilight soon helped out by taking the ones Storm missed as he raced forward. It wasn't long as until nearly every single one of them was destroyed as Storm cut the last one down. The clones all then cheered as they managed to score the victory. Storm looked at his troops before he fell.

"Storm!" shouted Twilight as she went to check on the boy. She put her ear to his heart to see if it was beating.

"He's gonna be fine," said Claude as he approached his General. "Just exhausted." The man then did his job of looking after his commanding officer as he took him to get some quick treatment.

"Thank you," said Twilight softly putting her hands together. She then thought back to what occurred on the battlefield and how Storm was willing to die with the troops. All of it made her think about how she just froze up in the middle of battle; all of it made her feel sad.


Obi-wan pulled out his communicator as he was receiving a transmission.

"General Kenobi, if you can hear me, we're through the blockade. The Separatist armada is in retreat. Your reinforcements should be landing in a moment." said the Admiral. Oni-wan then looked up as he saw several gunships flying above as they arrived to help their allies on the ground.

From where Anakin was, he too could see the gunships flying by. He then saw Ahsoka as she was sitting down with her head down. A gunship had landed as on it were clones and Master Yoda.

"Your timing is perfect, Master Yoda," said Obi-wan.

Anakin now sat next to Ahsoka, "You're reckless, little one. You never would have made it as Obi-wan's Padawan." said the boy as it got the girl to feel even more down. "But you might make it as mine." Anakin now smiled at Ahsoka as she too looked at her teacher with a smile. "Come on."

The two now stood as they prepared to leave. A gunship then landed as they were walking as it stopped to pick them up. On it was Rex as he had some clones with him.

"Great job, General Skywalker. You, too, kid." said the captain to both of them.

The ship was now taking them towards where Obi-wan and Yoda were. In the meantime, Twilight had made her way to the medical area as she peaked her head in to see Storm sitting up on a bed as he had a bandage wrapped around his right arm.

"That should do it, try to not put too much stress on your body, Storm," said Claude as he finished patching up his general.

"Thanks, Claude." said the boy to his troop.

"No problem."

"You didn't have to stay for us, Storm," said Ricochet.

"Like I told you guys, I fight till the end. And I'm not leaving you guys behind, your my squad, as your General, if you guys fall so do I," said Storm to show his undying loyalty to his soldiers.

"We appreciate it, General," said Sark putting his hand on the boy's shoulder. "Come along, men. Let's leave Storm alone and prep for the next mission." With that, all three clones then left as they noticed Twilight standing there.

Twilight then looked back as she saw Storm putting his shirt back on as he buttoned it up. He reached for his lightsaber next to him as it fell and rolled off the bed.

"Shit."

He let out a groan as he bent down to retrieve. He was about to grab it when another hand got a hold of it; Storm then looked up to see Twilight standing there in front of the boy as she held his weapon.

"Here," said the girl.

"Thanks," said Storm as he took his weapon and put it on his belt.

"So, how are you holding up?"

"What do you think, Sparky?" said Storm.

"Right, sorry for asking that," said Twilight as she felt stupid for saying that. "Uhm, listen... about what happened... I just... I want to... I want to know..."

"What?" said Storm as he didn't understand what Twilight was trying to say.

"Uhm, never mind." said the girl as she looked away while rubbing her arms.

"Whatever," said Storm as he ignored her. He was about to leave when he got word from a clone that said he needed to head over to where Obi-wan and Master Yoda were.

The ship carrying Anakin and Ahsoka landed as they too saw Obi-wan and Yoda a few meters away. Around them were thousands of clone troopers all marching around.

"Thanks for the ride, Rex," said Anakin.

"Anytime, sir,"

The pair now walked over to the two Jedi Masters. Soon Anakin saw Storm as Twilight trailed behind him. He was glad to see his friend as all four now arrived with the two masters.

"Master Yoda," said Anakin and Storm as they saw the small green creature.

"Trouble, you have, with your new Padawan, I hear," said Yoda to Anakin. "Disagreement, you have, between you and your partner." he now said to Storm.

All four Jedi shot a glance at their partners as they thought about what Master Yoda said.

"I was explaining the situation to Master Yoda," said Obi-wan to both of his friends.

"Really?" said both boys.

"If not ready for a Padawan, you are, then perhaps, Obi-wan, we can..."

"No, wait a minute. I admit Ahsoka is a little rough around the edges. But with a great deal of training and patience, she might amount to something." said Anakin as Ahsoka had a smile on her face.

"As for Twilight, she's... a giant freaking nerd," Twilight raised an eyebrow at that remark, "uptight, annoying organized, and interested in the most boring and excruciatingly lame things that no sensible person would ever want to know about," said Storm as Twilight looked away. "But, she knows how to handle her own. And I believe there are some things I can help her to improve and vice-versa." Storm didn't see it, but Twilight let a small smile hearing what the boy said about her.

"Then go with you, both will, to the Teth system," said Master Yoda to the boys.

"Teth? That's Wild Space. The droid army isn't even in that sector." said Anakin.

"And even if they were, what good would it benefit them?" asked Storm. "As far as I remember, it's nothing but a dense jungle."

"Now why? But who." spoked Master Yoda, "Kidnapped, Jabba the Hutt's son has been."

"You want me to rescue Jabba's son?" asked Anakin with a hint of resistance.

"Why should we help that slime ball?!" asked Storm as he too agreed with Anakin about doing favors for Jabba.

"Storm, Anakin, we'll need the Hutts' allegiance to give us an advantage over Dooku," said Obi-wan.

"Negotiate the treaty with Jabba, Obi-wan will. Find the renegades that hold Jabba's son, your mission will be, Skywalker and Storm," said Yoda.

"Come on, Master, it doesn't sound that hard," said Ahsoka.

"You don't know the history that Anakin and I have with Jabba, Ahsoka." said the boy looking at the girl younger than him.

"It can't be that bad. I'll find Rex and Sark and get the troops organized," said Ahsoka as she ran off with all of them looking at her.

"Don't worry, Anakin. Just teach her everything I taught you and she'll turn out fine."

"You know, something makes me think this was your idea from the start," said Anakin with a stare as he too began to walk.

"Guess, I should leave too," said Storm as he prepared to walk as Twilight hung back. He got on a separate ship that had Sark and the other two clones as Storm grabbed one of the hooks hanging from the ceiling for the riders to grab. "You coming, Sparky or what?" called out the boy. Twilight just had a small smile as she said goodbye to the two Jedi Masters as she got on board as the ship followed Anakin's.

"Let's just hope Anakin is ready for this responsibility," said Obi-wan.

"Ready, he is, to teach an apprentice. To let go of his pupil, a greater challenge it will be," said Yoda. "Master this, Skywalker must."

"And what of Storm?" asked Kenobi.

"Mmm, strange it is to be a partner, yet the importance he sees of having someone. He too must be ready, for when the time comes to separate, he must bid adieu," said Yoda. "To be a true leader, Storm must sacrifice."

"If I've got to make a deal with Jabba the Hutt, I'd best be on my way," said Obi-wan as he started to make way to his ship. He entered it as he powered it up and was now exiting the planet as he had to head over to Jabba's palace.

With that, everybody now had their missions. Obi-wan to Jabba to convince him to join their side. While Anakin and Storm, along with their partners Twilight and Ahsoka, would lead a rescue mission to save Jabba the Hutt's son.

Author's Note:

So for those of you that know the chorological order of this series, you know that the movie comes next. But since it's so long, I decided to split it into three separate parts. So this one was finishing up the business on Christophsis. Next chapter is going to be the rescue mission with our heroes.

PreviousChapters Next