• Published 31st Mar 2021
  • 2,557 Views, 16 Comments

Are you my mom? - Ryfy



Spike and Twilight trying to figure their relationship with each other.

  • ...
4
 16
 2,557

Chapter 2

Back in the library, Twilight was frantically flipping through every single book about dragons cover to back but not one. Not a single book about dragons had described what Spike was going through right now. She groaned and slammed her head on her desk. With a slight wobble, the stack of books toppled and collapsed and she soon found herself beneath a mountain of dusty old books. Just great she thought as she struggled to free herself from the prison that was ancient texts.

Just then, something caught her eye, she levitated that book onto her study desk."Basic Knowledge about Dragon Mating and Hatching" she read aloud. Maybe this could help me she wondered and flipped the cover open. She blushed at some of the imagery depicting dragon mating and moved away from the section really quick. "Aha! Basic Facts and Knowledge about Dragon Hatching! Hmmm...let's see, shall we? Hmm... the egg would develop in the female's dragon womb for 9 months...the dragons would keep their eggs in a designated area which is guarded and watched over by the Dragon Lord......the mother hatches the egg..." Twilight trailed off. That couldn't be right. She reread the line again, "After the female dragon lays her eggs, she would leave her eggs in the designated area which is situated above a lava pit over 1500 degree Celsius. The first dragon the baby normally sees upon hatching would be its mother." Well, it wasn't the exact line she thought she had seen, but it was nearly spot on. Twilight paused.

She did hatch Spike's egg after all...


"Are you ready to proceed, Twilight Sparkle?"

Little Twilight Sparkle panicked, she didn't know what to do. Try as she might, she couldn't hatch the egg with her magic. She sat down disappointed and huffed and puffed. She was going to fail...

BOOM

A rainbow filled her vision and she felt...powerful...

She couldn't remember anything else but by the time she was conscious again. She had become Princess Celestia's new personal student, earned a place in Magic School for Gifted Unicorns, got her cutie mark and inherited a chubby purple dragon who was sucking his tail.

It was the happiest and the most confusing day in her life.


Twilight smiled at the memory. Trotting into her bedroom, she levitated her photo album from the shelves. Making herself comfortable on the sheets, she began to dive back into her memories and opened the book. The first photo inside the album was a picture of a young Twilight carrying her saddlebag smiling enthusiastically with a baby Spike sitting on her back.


"Say Magic School Twilight," her father, Night Light, asked as he levitated the camera and zoomed in on Twilight's enthusiastic grin and the dragon sitting on the back.

It was Twilight's first day in the School for Gifted Unicorns and her father wanted to take this photo to represent a new milestone.

"Magic School!" Twilight Sparkle squeaked excitedly.

With the snap of the shutter, the photo came out, ready to be duplicated and placed into everypony's copy of the Sparkle family album.

Twilight Sparkle had already predicted that she was going to love her first year here and that nothing could possibly go wrong.

Everything went wrong.


"I'm...*huff* going to be TARDY!" Twilight Sparkle shouted anxiously as she sprinted towards her classroom. She couldn't be late, not again!

"Twilight Sparkle, you are late. For the 14th time this semester,"

"I...I'm sorry Professor bu-"

"No excuses, Ms Sparkle, I would like to see you after class. Now settle down, lesson is about to begin,"

With her head low and pretending not to hear the snickering of her classmates, she stumbled to her seat. It had been another long and tiring night, with the mountain of overdue homework she had to do as well as dealing with the incessant crying of the baby dragon. Speaking of the dragon...

She opened her bag to the sight of the baby dragon sucking on his tail, staring at her with those bright, innocent eyes. Twilight sighed softly.

"Twilight Sparkle, please come forward and demonstrate an instant plant growth spell for us please?"

The other reason why she had to stay all night was due to the fact that she had to study the ways of taking care of baby dragons. As there were no books in the library to help her, she had to try everything herself to take care of it. From changing its nappies to the preferable temperature of the milk it drinks.

"Ms Sparkle?"

It was just too much for the young unicorn. Honestly, she thought, why did the Princess even assign her to take care of the dragon when she was doing so well herself. Frustration began to well up. In fact, why did I hatch that egg in the first pla-

"TWILIGHT SPARKLE!"

Comments ( 15 )

Oh, Gee. The ending :twilightoops:

Something about the description drew me in. I'll put this on to my read list :heart:

I always love a cute story like this. Hope to see it end well.

OMG I LOVE THIS
Can't wait for chapter 3 :pinkiehappy:

Interesting premise so far, looking forward to the next chapter! :moustache::twilightsmile:

More, please!

11034877
Thanks for the encouragement! I'll continue once my exams end and I have my writing flow back:pinkiehappy:

Man I can't wait for more this feel like it's going places

Take all the time you need

Looking forward to the next chapter 😁

Good story so far

11221289
Thank you! Unfortunately I'm not sure when I'll be uploading the next chapter due to busy schoolwork but if I have time, perhaps on Labour Day holidays I can put a chapter out to progress the story

11222412
Take your time 🐱
School is important 😁

Login or register to comment