• Published 31st Mar 2021
  • 2,558 Views, 16 Comments

Are you my mom? - Ryfy



Spike and Twilight trying to figure their relationship with each other.

  • ...
4
 16
 2,558

Chapter 1

"Mom, can you pass the cereal?"

Twilight's spoon clattered and looking up, she stared at the adolescent baby dragon and number 1 assistant, Spike, who was sitting across the table.

Did he just say....mom?

Racking her brains, she tried to recall a time when Spike addressed her as that, there wasn't any...

"Twilight? Can you pass the cereal?"

Twilight snapped back to reality. Facing the purple dragon, she levitated the box of cornflakes to Spike.

Needless to say, there was an awkward silence after that.


Back in her library, Twilight sat down and reflected.

Ever since Sludge left Ponyville, Spike had been acting a bit...unusual to say the least. For one, she couldn't recall Spike giving her a goodnight hug for the last 8-9 years. Yet since Sludge's arrival (and departure), the hugs had been very frequent. Mother's Day was a week ago and when she woke up that morning, Spike had served her breakfast-in-bed which included her favourite daisy sandwich.

What was going on with Spike?

After much deliberation, Princess Twilight Sparkle decided to get to the bottom of this and what better way to do it than what she did best......research!


It was another boring afternoon for Starlight Glimmer. As usual, no one visited the counsellor room. She had already reorganised her books on her shelves three times. From the colour palettes to genres and most recently word count. Maybe Trixie was right, she SHOULD buy that potted plant at that street market, if only to provide her with some entertainment.

Just then, there was a knock on her door. She sat up, not knowing if she had heard that right.

There was another knock on her door.

For the first time as Student Counsellor, Starlight Glimmer was excited. Who was it going to be? Better get the empathy cocoa ready...

"Come in~," she said in a sweet tone.

Once she saw who had entered, suffice to say, she was a little shocked.

"Spike?"

The small purple dragon with green scales trudged into the room, some part of him wanted to turn around and walk away. But it was too late for that now. He really needed someone to let it out to and he decided to turn to Starlight. After all, they were basically roommates and were becoming the best of friends.

"What's wrong Spi- I mean erm sorry, unfortunate phrasing. *ahem* What brought you here today Spike?" Starlight inquired.

Spike sighed as he sat himself down on the chair facing the purple unicorn and sighed, "It's Twilight,"

"What about her?"

"Remember the Sludge incident?"

Starlight Glimmer could remember only too well. She was happily resting in her bathtub after a long day in the School of Friendship, humming the tune of Winter Wrap Up when a large, dirty green dragon, whom she had never seen before, sang about how somepony could not be a dragon here before picking up her bathtub and tossing it outside the castle window. With her still in it. Needless to say (after being humiliated by Twilight and her friends in Our Town), this was the most embarrassing moment in her life. She was way too afraid to step out of the castle after that as she was sure that at least half the population of Ponyville had seen her soaking in the tub, it took her a week before she could step a hoof out of the castle and even then she stepped out to run some errands in the town. Twilight had told her after the large dragon had left Ponyville, that his name was Sludge and he had crash-landed in Ponyville before boldly claiming that he was Spike's father with the most questioning story she had heard in her life. Of course, he turned out to be a fraud and no one had seen him since. Twilight had sent a letter to Dragon Lord Ember who called for a search but to no avail. He just wasn't in Equestria or the Badlands. As for Spike, the revelation of someone lying to him about being his father broke him and he shut himself in his room for a couple of days. He refused to talk to her about the incident, only giving one or two worded answers before cutting her off. Only recently did he reveal everything.

About how he was lied to, how he was used and how Smoulder and himself exposed him for who he was. A fraud.

Her blood boiled as she remembered that incident. How dare he have the nerve to lie about being a parent of a small child and taking advantage of him like that? Also, throwing someone out of the window is unacceptable! If he ever shows his scales back in Ponyville again, I will-

"Erm...hellooooooo, earth to Starlight Glimmer?"

Starlight shook her head swiftly, looking down she saw that Spike was staring at her worriedly, waving his hand to snap her out of her daydream.

"Are you alright Starlight?" Spike asked.

Starlight straightened up, "Oh no, absolutely nothing, totally nothing in my mind at all, erm, what were you talking about again?" Starlight asked with an awkward smile and took a small sip out of her cocoa.

Spike raised her eyebrows in a Are you kidding look? and replied in a deadpan tone, "Twilight"

"Oh yes! What about her?"

"Starlight, you know how I do not know my biological parents?"

Starlight nodded, "Well, how should I phrase this..." Spike hesitated.

"Take your time Spike, I can wai-"

"I think Twilight Sparkle is my mom."

Author's Note:

Note:
This the first fanfic that I just wrote out of my mind when I was in class. Feel free to give constructive criticism and I hoped you enjoyed the first chapter!