• Published 8th Dec 2020
  • 481 Views, 2 Comments

Spike’s Statue Mystery - Badguy400

  • ...
3
 2
 481

A Question with an Uneasy Answer

Author's Note:

In this story, I forgot to mention that Flurry Heart will be a filly in this one, and Spike will be a teenage dragon; my bad. Anyways; please enjoy the story, and have a lovely day or night; peace.

It was a bright and sunny day in the Crystal Empire. Flurry Heart and Spike are currently taking a stroll throughout the Crystal Empire’s walkways, when suddenly; they came upon Spike’s old statue in the middle of the walkway.

“Hmm”, Flurry Heart began to question. “I’ve seen this statue so many times in the Crystal Empire before, but I’ve never even knew how it even got here.” Spike looked down at Flurry Heart, and asked, “I guess so... but what do you mean how?” She then rubbed her hoof to her chin, and replied, “well.. I mean... I know why it was made and all... but I just don’t know “how” it was made.” Spike rubbed a claw to his chin, and shrugs, “well.. to be honest.. I don’t know either. Hmm; I guess I just don’t question it, and just assume that it was made through some type of magic somehow.. right?” Flurry Heart and Spike thought about it for a minute; before Flurry Heart gave a sigh, and says, “I guess so.. but I still want answers. You coming with?” Spike sighed also, and says, “I guess... but we gotta hurry. It’s gonna get dark in a few hours, and your mom wants me to take you back home thirty minutes before dinner time, okay?” Flurry Heart nodded, and says, “okay then, let’s go.” Spike chuckles, and then says while squatting down on the ground, “hop on kid. Let’s go find out.” With that, Flurry Heart jumped on top of Spike’s back, Spike got up, and then the two of them went to go and look for some answers.

Spike and Flurry Heart are looking for somepony to tell them the answer as to how the statue was made, but unfortunately can’t seem to find anyone related to the statue’s construction, and they’ve had no luck since the beginning either. But hey; at least they tried right?

Flurry started to whine; “mmm. Spike? I don’t think we can find anypony to help us. I’m sad.” Flurry Heart is in fact sad; mainly because she’s still a filly; whom just tends to cry when things don’t go their way at times, like any other filly does. Spike turns to Flurry, sees that she’s about to cry, and then says, “easy now Flurry. I’m sure that we can find somepony to help us; there’s just gotta be someone here; anypony.” Flurry Heart calmed down and wiped her nose with a sniffle, then responded; “y-yeah. But how are we gonna find somepony who knows more about the statue than us? There just has to be someone; right?”

Well; luckily for them, there is that someone/somepony. And his name is Sunburst. “I think there could be an explanation as to how this statue was built. But I don’t think you’d like the answer though....”. Flurry Heart was ecstatic to see her old foalsitter again, but frowns and asks, “what do you mean? We can take it; right Spike?” Spike looks a bit nervous, and says, “I don’t know kid. Something that Sunburst just said made me feel a bit nervous... we should probably just leave it be; it’s not that important.” This made Flurry Heart stamp her hoof down, and says, “no! We can’t just give up; not like this! Please! We have to know about this; please! For me?” Flurry Heart looked up at Spike with baby eyes; despite her not being a baby anymore. Sunburst sighs; knowing that Flurry Heart; even as a filly; is just too cute to resist. “Alright then, I’ll tell y’all. But don’t say I didn’t warn you, okay?” Both Spike and Flurry nodded their heads and sat down in front of him. “Okay”, he continues, “here we go...”.

Sunburst starts using his magic to project some sort of flashback as sorts on a projection screen. “When Spike has first defeated King Sombra, the Crystal ponies were just in awe at how much better they’ve felt; knowing that the evil king himself, is gone.” Both the dragon and little princess nodded their heads, and then gestured for Sunburst to continue. “But apparently; when King Sombra was defeated, he left behind some of the dark crystals within the Crystal Empire. Meaning; the Crystal Heart didn’t take care of all of the dark crystals that he spawned when the artifact first activated. So... since we’ve been thinking about building a statue of Spike and his efforts since then; we’ve decided to use the dark crystals as the building material for now.. hehe.” Flurry Heart blinked, and then says, “are you out of your mind?? What if you ponies got hurt, or worse?!” Sunburst took a breath, and then said, “well.. to be honest... some of us “have” gotten hurt.. or worse. But don’t worry; once we’ve learned to purify the rest of the crystals, it was easier to use them as the building material for us to use. As for the rest of the dark crystals, we’ve destroyed them; that’s all.” Both Spike and Flurry blinked, and then said, “oh”, in unison. Both of them then got up, and then Spike said, “thanks Sunburst; that was really interesting.” Sunburst smirked while readjusting his glasses, and said, “anytime. Don’t forget to come and visit sometime; okay?” Both Spike and Flurry said, “okay”, in unison once more, and then started heading out back towards the castle.

Once Flurry and Spike got close to the Crystal Castle; Flurry Heart started to say; “I’m hungry; what’s for dinner?” Spike chuckled, and pets Flurry’s head saying, “I don’t know yet. Maybe we can find out once we go inside; okay?” Flurry Heart nodded, and said, “okay then. That’s fine.” But, as soon as they were just about to head inside, Flurry Heart turned to Spike, and asked, “hey uh, Spike? Since we know how your statue was made, can you tell me as to how our house was made also; please?” Spike shook his head with a smile, and said, “Flurry Heart; there’s just some things that’re just meant to be left unanswered; okay? Now cmon kid, I’m starving too. Let’s eat.” Flurry giggles, and says, “okay”, before heading inside with Spike to go eat some dinner.

Comments ( 2 )

REALLY good short story. Kind of like the detail of this taking place a few years after the final battle with the Legion, but about a decade-and-a-half before the "present day" portions of "the Last Problem". I could see where Flurry could get that curious and Sunburst's answer DID make a lot of sense.

10573185
He did, yeah. And thanks for liking my short story. Usually not that many people say that about my stories often. I appreciated it. Thanks

Login or register to comment