• Published 24th Oct 2020
  • 615 Views, 75 Comments

The Inner Conflict - TheClownPrinceofCrime



Soundwave captures Rumble and trains him to become a Decepticon. With him by his side, Soundwave will finally carry out his plan.

  • ...
4
 75
 615

Epilogue: Megatron Revived

All the heroes ran to the reformed Rumble. Thunderlane and Spike picked him up and tightly embraced him with tears on their eyes. “We missed you so much, Rumble! I really missed you!”

“We’re so happy you’re okay!” Spike added.

“I missed you guys too!” Rumble said as he finally started crying. “I’m so happy I have my real family again!”

“From now on, I’m never letting you out of my sight,” said Thunderlane. “However, I just want to say that... I’m sorry for all the times I haven’t treated you right. Always remember that, no matter what, I love you for who you are and what you are destined to become. One day, you will become a great Wonderbolt.”

“Even your awesome cutie mark shows you that!” Spike added.

“Thank you both... and I love you guys too,” Rumble said, wiping his tears off. He hugged them back. “Ha, the CMCs will be very surprised to see this!”

“Rumble, I might not know you very much, but even I can tell you are one of the most courageous little ponies I’ve ever seen,” said Twilight. “Words cannot express how much I’m proud of you.”

“And the way you stood up to Soundwave like that... that would require that amount of bravery to do that. I believe you truly earned that cutie mark,” Starlight said, smiling. Twilight happily nodded in agreement.

“Yeah! You really showed him who’s boss!” Bumblebee shouted.

“You know, perhaps I was too hard on ya ponies earlier. I apologize for underestimating ya; you ponies really are more than meets the optic,” Ironhide said.

“Agreed, Ironhide. Rumble, I think I speak for both myself and Optimus that we are all honored to have you as a new addition to the Autobot cause,” said Rodimus. Optimus nodded in warm approval.

“Welcome to the Autobots... Rumble,” Optimus smiled.

Rumble smiled back before jumping up and down in excitement. He shook Optimus’s hand and Rodimus’s hand. Then as he thought back on his dark experience, he got a little sad. “Is something wrong, Rumble?” Red Alert asked.

“No... it’s just that... I miss being a robot, but at the same thing... all that pain I endured and the suffering I experienced... I will never forget them. I fear it might come back to haunt me. It’s like it will try to bring me down to despair and—!”

“Rumble, I understand your pain... I know what it’s like being in that condition,” Red Alert said, her optics looking down in sorrow.

“You do?” Rumble asked.

“Yes, but that’s for another time to share. Right now, you shouldn’t worry. You now have real friends again who care about you and love you. Cherish the moments you have with your family... because those memories you share are so precious... that you don’t want to forget. But if you follow the guidance of those who don’t care about you, you’ll end up hurting yourself... and others around you,” Red Alert advised.

“(Sniffs) Thank you, Red Alert. I needed to hear that,” Rumble said. He hugged her leg in gratitude. She tenderly smiled and gently stroked his mane.

“Okay, now you’re starting to make me cry!” Discord said. He blew his nose on Luna’s mane while he wiped his tears with a Burger-Bot. Luna pulled her mane back with disgust.

“Hey! Gimme back my lunch, you donkey!” Captain Fanzone yelled, grabbing his wet burger. “Great, now I have to help fix this city AND buy a new Burger-Bot! (Groans) This is why I hate machines.”

“Well, looks like someone slept on the wrong side of the bed,” Discord muttered.

“Rumble’s experience almost reminds me of my own experience when I turned to... my darker side,” Luna said to Celestia. “I hope that no pony else goes through the same ordeal I went through.”

“I understand, Luna. We need to keep our citizens much safer than before. We need to increase our defenses the next time our enemies attack us... whether it be a Decepticon or our own enemies. On a side note, it’s been great getting outside... from the throne room, of course,” chuckled Celestia.

“Me too, sister. We should do this more often! I’m starting to love adventures!” Luna said.

“Me too,” Celestia agreed. Then they both hugged each other.

“So, Prime, how exactly will we repair this whole city? It seems there will be a lot more work to do than before!” Ratchet asked.

“Perhaps we can help you with that,” Rodimus volunteered. “My team and I will gladly assist the reconstruction of this city before we return to Cybertron.”

“Heh, fine by me. Hopefully, it will be much more invigorating than my duties on Cybertron,” said Brawn.

“Sure, I’ll help!” Hot Shot added.

“I am honored to work by your side... especially with you, Professor Ratchet,” Red Alert bowed.

“Please, just call me Ratchet,” he waved off. “Still, I would gladly appreciate the help.”

“Very well... Ratchet,” she smiled.

“I’m afraid we must return back to Equestria. I’m sure our friends are worried sick for us by now,” Celestia reminded.

“So... this is a goodbye then?” Rumble asked.

“I won’t forget the moments we had together on this unexpected adventure. Even though we just met, Rumble, I think I’m starting to like you already. Feel free to visit us anytime you like,” said Rodimus.

“You sure Sentinel won’t grind your gears for that?” Bulkhead asked.

“Haha, don’t worry. I can handle him,” he winked.

“Be careful, bro, he won’t be easy. Just call me over, and I’ll give him a surprise,” Optimus playfully warned. Both Primes laughed together until they gave each other fist bumps.

“Bye, guys! We will miss you!” Twilight waved.

“Likewise, Twilight Sparkle! I hope we can meet again,” Rodimus saluted.

After the Equestrians waved goodbye to their Autobot comrades, Discord snapped his fingers. They all disappeared back to Equestria.

Ironhide faced Bumblebee and Bulkhead as he suddenly recognized the two. “Hey... I know you two! Aren’t ya Bumblebee and Bulkhead?”

“Yeah, we are! I can’t believe it’s been that long since... Autobot boot camp,” Bulkhead recalled.

“Yeah... I even remember how many times you and Wasp... bullied me,” Bumblebee recalled in horror.

“Don’t worry, little guy. That’s all in the past. I’m a changed bot now... especially after—man, these ponies have really made me soft, haven’t they?” Ironhide chuckled.

“Rodimus, you guys might want to consider scanning earth-based vehicles. If you’re going to help us fix Detroit, your new vehicle modes might come in handy,” Optimus advised.

“Hmmm, good idea! We will try that,” Rodimus said.

Thus, Team Athenia were able to select the finest vehicles they could find which they saw fit. Rodimus scanned a race car with the appearance of a Plymouth Barracuda; Ironhide scanned a TopKick pickup truck; Red Alert scanned a H2 Hummer Ambulance; Brawn scanned a Toyota SUV; and Hot Shot scanned a Lamborghini.

“Hey, where did the other Decepticons go?” Prowl wondered. Then he looked up and saw them escaping to space within Lockdown’s ship.

ONE YEAR LATER

The ship traveled from orbit to orbit with no destination in mind. Lockdown and his compatriots were within the main room bored and idle. “This is a waste of time! How long must we wander aimlessly in space?!” Strika impatiently shouted.

“Until we can find more Energon for us,” Lockdown coldly replied.

“We cannot wait any longer! I just want to smash something for once! It’s getting boring in here now!” Blackout cried.

“For once, can’t you bots just stay silent for five cycles?!” Swindle snapped.

“Why don’t YOU just shut your tailpipe up, huh?!” Blackout angrily spat. He threw Swindle on the ground and violently shook him until his drawer chest was opened. A strange item accidentally fell out before it started to glow.

“Now look at what you did! It’s now broken! This treasure I took from that destroyed mining cave can take us anywhere such as warping around space randomly!” Swindle chided.

Then the entire ship suddenly warped away from the section of the galaxy they were in and were instantly taken back... to Cybertron. The Decepticons widened their optics in surprise. “That’s... that’s Cybertron! We’re actually on Cybertron!!” Swindle exclaimed.

“Finally, we will take our revenge on the Autobots and the Elite Guard!! Now is our chance!” Blackout declared.

“No! We need to refresh ourselves first. We need more Energon before we can attack,” Strika ordered.

As the ship safely landed on the outskirts of the Trypticon Prison, while invisible, the Decepticons saw strange statues just outside the gates. As they got a closer look, they were taken aback by the sights—the stone statues of Megatron and his top lieutenants. “Is that... whom I think it is?” Oil Slick spoke.

“I don’t believe it... after a full stellar cycle... I never thought I would see their statues up close,” Lockdown added.

“Soundwave told me and Cyclonus that those are actually Megatron and his servants... in stone,” Blackout revealed.

“What?! By whom?!” Strika demanded.

“The pony scum,” he answered.

“Grrrrrr, curse those organic slime to the Pits of Kaon!!” Strika exclaimed.

Suddenly, Swindle’s time piece started to glow brightly. It disconnected from his palm and hovered just above the statues. “Is this your doing?” Strika asked.

“I’m not doing anything!” Swindle denied.

Then the Allspark fragment broke from the tiny clock and disintegrated itself into a beam; it shot right at their stone statues with dazzling power. The fragment released Megatron and all his warriors from stone. His arm was magically repaired and got a new fusion cannon; Starscream’s head came back online and received a new body.

Thus, Megatron stood menacingly on the ground with lightning striking in the background and thunder roaring loudly. His red optics glowed in the darkness while his signature grin returned. “Ahhhhh, my loyal servants, how good it is to see your wonderful faces once again.”

“Lord... Megatron. We... WE WELCOME YOU BACK!!” Strika fearfully acknowledged. She and her comrades worshipfully kneeled before their revived leader. Lockdown stood amazed while Swindle jumped up and down like a fangirl.

“MEGATRON, MY NUMBER 1 CUSTOMER!! Great to have you back, friend!”

“Ughhh... how long have we been offline?” Starscream asked.

“At least a full stellar cycle,” Swindle replied.

“THAT LONG?!” Starscream yelled.

“None of that matters now. Now that we have returned from our rather cruel punishment, I will finally seize my chance to get back at the very equines who did this to us,” Megatron evilly smirked.

“Shall we reclaim Cybertron first, my Lord?” Shockwave asked.

“Not yet... not while Equestria’s greatest power lies within my reach. Once I have obtained those Elements of Harmony, I will rule over Earth, Equestria, and Cybertron! I will finally extinguish all my enemies... once and for all,” Megatron said, sinisterly chucking.




THE END... FOR NOW.

Author's Note:

And there you have it, folks! Thank you so much for the support and the comments you gave throughout this journey of writing this story. Ever since I first left the website, I never thought this story would be a reality, but it now is. Thanks to you guys and especially to Darth Wrex who motivated me to come back. Thanks for your support, buddy. I much appreciate it.

The last story of this series will be released around March since I have two other stories I want to write first. Stay tuned for those, and I wish you all a Happy New Year once it comes!🎆🎊

See ya later!

Comments ( 5 )

Your welcome, pal.

Nice ending with Thunderlane got his brother back.

The bad news is Megatron's back, meaning it's not over yet.

I finally managed to read the last 4 chapters of the fic. My nervousness(and other issues happening) made me unable to read them till now.

A pretty good fic.

Luna and Celestia did quite good such as shutting down the device Soundwave was using to control the machinery.
Though disappointed they(I am more focused on Luna too.) need someone to bail them out twice with they could have died to the train bot if Discord didn't drop in some syrup there. Along with needing Rumble to bail them out too, the sisters were basically ultimately taken out in the end there..

That's all the thoughts I got so far.
I should probably read the sequel fic quickly, since noticing it is what got me to finally come around and read the last 4 remaining chapters of this fic.

11742997
Rhetorical Question.

Login or register to comment