• Published 24th Oct 2020
  • 614 Views, 75 Comments

The Inner Conflict - TheClownPrinceofCrime



Soundwave captures Rumble and trains him to become a Decepticon. With him by his side, Soundwave will finally carry out his plan.

  • ...
4
 75
 614

Chapter 10: Fight in the City part 2

IN LOCKDOWN’S SHIP

Rumble was sitting alone in the laboratory. He continued practicing his transformation with less time than before especially during this critical moment of the war against the Autobots. “If I’m gonna fight those guys, I have to be quick in every way! It’s just like training to be a Wonderbolt; only this time, it’s ten times more awesome!” he proudly grinned.

“Heeyaaahhh!! Take that! And that! Beat that!” he blurted, punching and kicking the air. “This is gonna be so cool fighting in a battle! I didn’t get that chance when Megatron attacked Canterlot, so this is my chance to shine!”

Lockdown simply stood next to the door outside the room. Although he was tasked to keep an optic on the new Decepticon, he was still somewhat intrigued by his enthusiasm and determination to please Soundwave and prove his worth.

But right after he said these words, Rumble started to feel his conscience kicking him; he instantly remembered his brother and family and how they would react to his new form and his determination in following his so-called "father figure". For some reason, he felt singes of guilt and terror slightly overwhelming him. For a second, he had doubtful thoughts if he was really fighting for a just cause or not.

"Am I really becoming like one of them... a Decepticon? I never thought I would feel something like this, but... I really hope I'm doing the right thing. They can forgive Soundwave, right?"

He saw his own reflection on the steel floor; he saw his normal pony self looking very sad and disappointed. Then he also saw his new robotic form having an evil smirk on his face. “Please, me, this isn’t who you are! You’re Rumble, Thunderlane’s little brother and a great friend to the ponies! You’re not a Decepticon!” his pony half pleaded.

“Ha! You think Princess Twilight and her friends will be disappointed in what you are now? Scrap that! They will be proud of you! This is your chance to shine! You’re doing something good for once!” his Decepticon reflection scoffed.

“No, don’t listen to him! Soundwave will hurt your own family and friends if you let him! You can’t do this!” Pony Rumble cried.

“Oh, please, Soundwave is just misunderstood,” Decepticon Rumble replied. “Keep doing what you’re doing, and you will become a hero to the ponies. Those Autobot scum won’t stand a chance.”

As the voices in his head finished their ramblings, his reflections on the floor vanished before him. Thus, Rumble slowly trembled on the floor with anguish on his face. “I... I don’t know why I’m feeling... this way. I—I... I am doing the right thing! I just... hope Soundwave is keeping his word. I know him to be very sincere.” He nervously stood up and recomposed himself.

After a few seconds of silence, he wore a face of determination. “After this is all said and done, I will come back home to Equestria. I miss them already. I just need to help Soundwave get those Autobots out of the way.”

Suddenly, a cheer of triumph was heard outside the ship. Curious, he ran outside and saw the Decepticons encircling a massive cannon. “See? What did I tell you guys? I told you this wouldn’t be so difficult to construct! This baby is now done and ready to do some dirty work!” Swindle boasted.

“Remind me again what this thing is supposed to accomplish?” Oil Slick asked.

“Why, I’m glad you asked, Oil Slick! This beauty will be empowered to control all the machines and robots in Detroit! With my time piece inserted in its power core, it will not only temporarily slow them down but also grant them new powers under Soundwave’s control!” Swindle explained.

“Wait... how exactly can it do that? You said that your watch can put machines in temporary stasis. But now it has the ability to brainwash all machines as well? That doesn’t add up!” Strika doubted.

“Ahh, I was just getting to that, my dear,” said Swindle, widely smirking. “This device needs one more component to execute that specific task.”

“And what would that be?” Strika asked.

Swindle then looked back and stared right at Rumble. The other Decepticons followed his gaze and looked at the minicon. It took them a few seconds to realize what his answer was. Even Rumble got the message and stood back surprised.

“Not ‘what’... ’who’” Swindle smiled.

IN EQUESTRIA

Cyclonus and Discord appeared in a large hill just above Ponyville. The Decepticon warrior evilly smiled as he gazed at all the innocent ponies in the town. Then he looked up and saw Canterlot in a far distance. “My, my, my, this is definitely a lovely place to spread my version of chaos.”

“Please, just disable those bombs of yours already! Take what you need and get out!” Discord begged.

Cyclonus then grinned at the unsuspecting draconequus and grabbed him by the neck. “You organic fool, I have no bombs detonated. You just provided me access to this wonderful planet of yours. Thank you so very much.”

Then Discord widened his eyes in shock. “WHAT?! You tricked me! You said you wouldn’t hurt them!”

“Never trust a Decepticon, organic scum! Prepare for termination!” Cyclonus yelled. He slammed Discord to the ground and repeatedly stepped on him. Then he shot multiple missiles from his shoulder pads which struck the Lord of Chaos. After the smoke and fire disappeared, all that remained of Discord were his torn wings and horns.

“HAHAHAHAHA!! Thus ends the organic trouble maker!!” Cyclonus gloated. He transformed to fighter jet mode and flew off to Ponyville.

As soon as he arrived there, he transformed to robot mode and unsheathed his swords. The ponies gasped in horror at the sight of the Decepticon invader. “Organic scum, your destruction is imminent! You shall all perish!”

But before he could do anything, his com link rang with a strange ringtone. Puzzled by the sound, he answered his com link. “Hello there, Decepticon! Would you like some Energon bars? It only costs fifty Energon cubes and is only available for 24 hours! Buy some today!”

“Huh? Who is this? I don’t recognize your voice,” said Cyclonus.

“What are you waiting for? Come buy some today! You won’t regret it!” the caller said.

“I don’t know who this is, but I’m not interested in whatever... those treats are. Goodbye,” Cyclonus closed the com link. “Anyway, it’s time to destroy your pathetic lives for Megatron’s sake! I will—!”

His com link rang again. He picked it up while groaning in annoyance. “Who is it this time?”

“Hey there! Would you like some Energon wine? It tastes good, and it can make you feel better! But the offer is only for a limited amount of time! So buy one today!”

“Energon wine? Those things don’t even exist on Cybertron! Who is this speaking?! Wait... is it you again?!” Cyclonus shouted.

“Buy yours today! Time is running out!” the guy said.

“SHUT UP! I don’t want any of this ‘wine’ you’re talking about! Stop calling me already!” He hung up once again.

“Okay, if there are no more interruptions, I can get back to business and then—.” His com link rang once again with a much louder ringtone. Cyclonus then screamed in anger and angrily answered his call. “HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU?! LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY! I HAVE WORK TO DO!!”

He closed it and stood still for a few moments. He waited silently until there were no more ringing calls. “Good. I hope that settles it. Now, where was I? Oh yes... the destruction of the ponies.”

Then he got yet another call. This suddenly flew him in a rage and made him pace back and forth uttering gibberish grunts. He screamed in full wrath and answered the call. “THAT DOES IT! I WILL OBLITERATE YOU ONCE I FIND OUT WHERE YOU ARE! I AM COMING FOR YOU!” He attempted to run out of town, but he was met with a strike to the head. He fell on the ground.

Discord appeared in a white flash while hysterically laughing at him. Cyclonus widened his optics in shock. “What?! How is that possible?! I destroyed you!”

“Did you really think those projectiles of yours could destroy the Lord of Chaos that easily? You should’ve drained my magic first... if only you knew how to do that of course.” Discord gloated.

He snapped his fingers which made all of Ponyville disappear. Everything reappeared in a dark and dreary place. “Where have you taken me?!”

“Oh, I didn’t take you anywhere,” replied Discord. “The Ponyville you entered was an illusion. You have been in Tartarus. So... welcome to your new home, buddy!” Confetti flew everywhere, and giant cupcakes flew around Cyclonus with bird wings while singing a welcome song to him.

“I knew you were trying to manipulate me from the get-go,” said Discord. “So I led you right into my trap... with some random fun of course!”

Cyclonus found himself in a large prison with a force field before him. He tried to break it with his missiles and swords, but it stood still and strong. “This isn’t over yet, organic! Soundwave will annihilate your worthless little friends and take over Earth! Not even your magic will stop him!” Cyclonus taunted.

“Heh, we’ll see about that, big boy!” Discord scoffed. He disappeared in a flash, leaving Cyclonus in Tartarus.

IN DETROIT

Soundwave stood over Twilight, Sari, and Spike with his blasters aiming directly at them; Ravage recovered from his injuries and stood beside his master while growling at them. “It appears I was wrong. Twilight and Sari are not the same individual. Regardless of that error, they shall both be destroyed,” Soundwave said.

“Whatever it is you’re planning, Soundwave, it will fail! Bulkhead defeated you before, and you will be smashed to pieces again!” Sari shouted.

“Never! Ravage, destroy Twilight Sparkle and her dragon companion; leave the techno-organic to me,” ordered Soundwave.

Ravage growled in compliance and pounced on the alicorn. She blasted him off her and teleported herself and Spike away from him. They reappeared on top of a house. Ravage saw them and shot his missiles at them. Twilight blasted them with her magic and tried to shoot at Ravage. He dodged all the magical beams and climbed all the way up to the roof.

Soundwave fired plasma blasts at Sari; she deflected them with her arm-mounted blades before flying straight at the Decepticon. He raised his arms to block the fierce swipes and strikes. Then he swatted her off. “Your toys are useless against my strength, organic. You are nothing compared to my power.”

Twilight finally blasted Ravage with a powerful magic beam. It sent him flying back to Soundwave. “Think again, Soundwave! As long as we work together, no evil can bring us down!” the alicorn proudly declared.

Twilight reignited her horn before nodding to Sari. Getting the idea, she smirked back. She and Twilight fired their beams together which combined them to a more powerful beam. It struck one of Soundwave’s speakers over his back. He fell down while groaning in pain.

“Laserbeak, Ravage, return!” Soundwave commanded. Both minicons retrieved back into his chest compartment. He raised his blaster at Blackout’s stasis cuffs and shot at it. It destroyed the cuffs, freeing the ‘Con. “We must return back to base immediately. Transform,” ordered Soundwave.

“Yes, sir!” Blackout complied. Both transformed and escaped further onslaught from the Autobots.

“Nice work, Autobots! It appears that Soundwave will be planning his next move,” said Rodimus.

“Whatever it is, we will be ready for him!” Hot Shot said.

“Whoa, who are you guys?” Sari asked. Team Athenia and Team Equestria looked down to see Twilight, Spike, and Sari walking together towards them.

“Wait... why do you sound like Twilight? (Gasp) You must be the human Soundwave was talking about!” Starlight exclaimed.

“Really? He told you guys about me?” Sari asked.

“Yeah, in a rather unpleasant manner obviously,” Luna replied. “Anyway, it is a high honor to finally meet you in person. You must be Sari Sumdac, I presume?”

“Yep! The one and only! I’ve never seen such colorful creatures before. And you’re working with the Autobots?”

“Indeed, they are. My name is Rodimus Prime, and this is my team: Red Alert, Ironhide, Brawn, and Hot Shot. We are working together to stop Soundwave and also to look for an organic named Rumble. Perhaps you would be willing to help us?”

“Most definitely! I will let Optimus and the others know that you’re here!” Sari shouted. “This day just keeps getting better and better!”

Rodimus then widened his optics as soon as he heard the name. “Optimus? He’s here?”

“Yeah? You guys know each other?” Sari asked.

Rodimus was silent for a moment before facing his friends. “Of course. Optimus Prime... is my brother.”

“WHAT?!” his team exclaimed.

Author's Note:

That random prank calls with Cyclonus bit was inspired by a video called Optimus Prime Prank Call from JOHNNYFLASH on YouTube. I thought it would be funny especially coming from Discord in this chapter.

Secondly, credit goes to Darth Wrex for the idea of Optimus and Rodimus being brothers. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Stay tuned!