• Published 24th Oct 2020
  • 614 Views, 75 Comments

The Inner Conflict - TheClownPrinceofCrime



Soundwave captures Rumble and trains him to become a Decepticon. With him by his side, Soundwave will finally carry out his plan.

  • ...
4
 75
 614

Chapter 1: Team Chaar

IN OUTER SPACE

“Man, these past few mega cycles have not been easy! I mean, the moment we announced the defeat of Megatron, the Decepticons went berserk with fear!” Ironhide stated.

“Tell me about it!” Brawn replied, chuckling. “Even the Decepticon inmates couldn’t believe it! You should’ve seen the looks on their faces when they heard the amazing news. They looked like they were gonna cry in a corner! Hahahahaha!!” Ironhide joined in the laughter.

Once their laughter died down, they maintained their positions to guard the space bridge. Another Autobot arrived on the scene before transforming to robot mode. “Any sign of the ‘Cons yet?” he asked.

“Not yet, Hot Shot. But I have a feeling they will show up later,” said Ironhide.

“Well, the moment they do show up...” Hot Shot said before igniting his flame throwers on his arms. “...they will all get a taste of my flames!!” Suddenly, the three Autobots noticed a strange flying object in the far distance. They got closer to get a better look until they widened their optics in surprise. The flying object was actually a dark purple cybertronian jet with red lights on its sides. It got closer and closer to them with much speed.

“A Decepticon incoming! Watch out!” Hot Shot warned. The Autobots then got in battle stances to face off the Decepticon foe. The latter flew past them and made a u-turn right in the same direction he flew in. The force of the air pushed the Autobots back. Right after that, the Autobots spotted two more Decepticons driving on the ground.

One of them fired plasma beams at them. Ironhide then activated his iron covering around his chassis. The beams struck him, but he remained completely unharmed. Brawn however dodged the other blasts moments before he turned his gaze on the ground. He took hold of the ground and ripped a huge chunk of rock from the ground with all of his might. He threw the boulder right at the ground-bound Decepticons. Unfortunately, it failed to directly hit them as they drove out of its path.

The bigger Decepticon fired more shots at the Autobots. Hot Shot grinned smugly as he ignited his flame throwers again; he destroyed the plasma shots with his flames effectively... until one of them made it through. He beheld in shock as it struck him on his right leg... critically wounding it. Groaning in pain, he tried to get up but failed to do so. His leg was so wounded that he could not move it.

“I’m hit! I’m hit!” Hot Shot shouted. “Medic!”

A medic bot immediately arrived at the scene in her vehicle mode. She transformed and ran to the wounded Autobot. “Hang in there, solider!” she said. As she quickly examined his leg wound, she discovered critical damage done to the circuitry in his leg. “The damage is too severe. I’m gonna have to amputate it.”

“WHAT?!” Hot Shot yelled.

“Don’t worry,” Red Alert calmly assured. “Cybertron Service will issue a replacement leg within six to eight solar cycles.”

As she was attending to his wound in the midst of the battlefield, a large dark blue Decepticon frog appeared behind them as he unleashed his tongue around Red Alert. He swallowed her whole before he instantly spat her out right at Ironhide and Brawn. She was covered with orange saliva; once she crashed in front of them, the saliva exploded... nearly knocking them out. Strika and Oil Slick transformed into their robot modes and glared daggers at them.

“You Autobot fools!! You think that the war between the Autobots and the Decepticons is over?!” Strika angrily shouted. “FAR FROM OVER!!” She stomped on the ground to emphasize her last point. Red Alert, Ironhide, and Brawn slowly stood up together with unfazed bravery.

“Once we unite together as one, we will destroy you pathetic, self-absorbed Autobot scum and take back our home world Cybertron!” Strika added. “You... are finished!”

“Not today, Decepticon punk!” another Autobot warrior shouted. He shot his energon arrows directly at Strika’s chest. She fell on the ground slightly wounded. He also shot another one at Oil Slick’s left arm, wounding him as well. The Autobot ran forward to reunite with his team.

“Are you alright, Autobots?” he asked.

“We’re fine, sir,” Red Alert replied. “But Hot Shot isn’t.”

“Don’t worry, Rodimus Prime sir! I’ll be okay!” Hot Shot shouted, nervously smiling.

“Rodimus to Elite Guard Command, we are under attack! I repeat: we are under attack! Requesting backup now!” Rodimus reported via com link. Strika and Oil Slick took the energon arrows out of their chassis and prepared themselves for another fight.

“You are not going anywhere, Autobot scum,” Oil Slick coldly said. “Prepare to meet your doom.”

“Oh, I don’t think so...” Rodimus replied. Nodding to Brawn, the latter grabbed another large boulder and threw it right at the Decepticons. However, the cybertronian jet transformed to robot mode, unsheathed his purple swords, and sliced the boulder into a million pieces. Cyclonus then pointed his swords at the Autobots’ faces.

The four Autobots ran for cover from the Decepticons’ firepower. “We have to think of something to stop them, sir!” Ironhide said.

“We will! But we must also protect the space bridge at all costs!” Rodimus reminded. “Red Alert, retrieve Hot Shot and take him to safety now!”

“On it!” Red Alert complied. She transformed in her alt mode and took the wounded Autobot with her.

But before they could run to safety, another Decepticon arrived. He transformed to robot mode and stomped on the ground so hard that it produced a massive shockwave. It knocked the Athena Team to the ground and shut off the space bridge operation.

“Blackout, you fool, we need the space bridge operational!” Strika reprimanded.

“Oh... sorry,” Blackout apologized. He stomped on the ground again to reactivate the space bridge via his shockwave. The five Autobots then saw themselves surrounded by Team Chaar.

“Time has finally ran out for you foolish Autobots!” Cyclonus hatefully taunted. “No longer will any other Decepticon suffer your patronizing morality!”

“Spittor hate Autobots!” Spittor spoke. “Spittor destroy them all!”

“The space bridge is finally ours now,” Strika said. “With it, we can transwarp to Cybertron.”

“You will have to get past me first, Decepti-creeps!” Rodimus defied.

“(Chuckles) You say that like it’s a difficult thing, Autobot...” Oil Slick smirked.

Before the Decepticons could finish off Team Athena for good, a white flash caught them all off-guard for a few seconds. Once they reopened their optics, they saw a strange draconequus wearing his military attire. “Excuse me, good-looking Decepticons, but I must have a word with the Autobots here.”

“WHAT IN THE NAME OF CYBERTRON IS THAT?!” Strika exclaimed.

The creature snapped his fingers which made a baseball bat appear out of thin air. He grabbed it and struck Team Chaar into the air. “AHHHHH!!!!” the ‘Cons screamed as they were launched back into space. The creature’s baseball bat and military attire then disappeared.

“Home run!!” Discord cheered.

Rodimus and his team were dumbfounded at the unexplainable power they witnessed. The draconequus heartily chuckled at their reactions. “Oh, no need to thank me. I just do my absolute best. The name’s Discord, the Lord of Chaos. You must be the good ol’ Autobots I’ve heard about!”

“You... know who we are? Where did you come from?” Rodimus asked.

“I’ve come from a place called Equestria,” Discord replied. “It’s a lovely place if I do say so myself. Anyway, I’ve come here to ask for your immense help.”

“Help? What sort of help do you need?” Ironhide asked, seeing that the other Autobots were a little too dumbfounded to talk. “What kind of an organic is he? He looks so weird!”

“Well... it’s a situation which I think you should see for yourself,” Discord said. Once he snapped his fingers, the injury on Hot Shot’s leg magically healed. It moved as if it was brand new. Seeing this greatly surprised the Autobots.

“I’m healed! I don’t believe it!” he joyfully exclaimed.

“What kind of a strange creature are you?” Red Alert finally asked. “Your powers are... so amazing...”

“You can drool over my greatness later, madam. Equestria has a problem.” Discord reminded. He snapped his fingers which made him and Team Athena disappear in a flash.

IN THE CITY OF DETROIT

It was a peaceful night in Detroit. Everyone was fast asleep on their beds while their robot bodyguards kept them safe overnight. While everything was still and quite under the night sky, there was one area where a familiar vehicle—or rather a familiar face was present.

A colorless SUV was in the parking lot of a car dealership. Several moments later, the said SUV regained its tan and purple colors along with its engine running. It suddenly transformed into robot mode. He stretched his arms as if he had a long nap.

“(Yawn) I needed that... although that blast deflection from Bumblebee was a bit unexpected,” said Swindle. “Still, at least I managed to get my servos on this time piece. With it, I can help the Decepticons win the war.” He gazed on the clock device that still contained the All Spark fragment.