• Published 24th Oct 2020
  • 615 Views, 75 Comments

The Inner Conflict - TheClownPrinceofCrime



Soundwave captures Rumble and trains him to become a Decepticon. With him by his side, Soundwave will finally carry out his plan.

  • ...
4
 75
 615

Chapter 9: Fight in the City

Team Equestria and Team Athenia appeared in the middle of Detroit. They, except Discord, marveled at the new surroundings and brighter atmosphere of the city. The Autobots in particular were even intrigued by the appearance of the robotic machines walking with fleshy bipedal creatures all over the city.

“Whoa... this is... Earth?” Ironhide wondered out loud.

“Correct! Even I have to admit their technology is very impressive!” Discord said. “I can imagine what Equestria would be like with this type of lifestyle.”

“This is quite a... strange world apparently,” said Celestia. “But if Soundwave is holding Rumble hostage here, then we will find them and stop the Decepticon before he does any more harm.”

“Agreed, Princess. Let’s see if our scanners can detect any Decepticon from here,” said Rodimus. Right after he said this, their trackers gave bleeping sounds. They saw two red dots on the scanners floating towards their location.

“Hey, they’re working! Our trackers are detecting Decepticon energy signatures!” Hot Shot noticed. “And they are heading straight... down... to... us?”

Just as he said this, Blackout and Cyclonus flew above the clouds in their respective alt modes and then swiftly descended on their Autobot foes. The Autobots didn’t take long to recognize the two ‘Cons due to their color scheme. “No... it’s those two again!” Red Alert pointed.

“Who?” Twilight asked. Neither she nor her Equestrian friends knew who those specific Decepticons were. However, the moment they noticed their Decepticon insignias, they instantly realized they were bad news. They widened their eyes in horror. “Oh...”

Blackout and Cyclonus transformed to their robot modes and thunderously landed on the concrete, causing it to crack from impact. Cyclonus ferociously glared at the Autobots. “Pathetic Autobot scum... how convenient that you have come here for the scrap heap.”

“Well, at least we get to slice them into atoms before we take on this ‘Equestria’ place,” Blackout sinisterly chuckled. The ponies gasped in shock as he mentioned their homeland. Hearing little voices below him, he looked down to see them standing close to Rodimus. He widened his optics in surprise especially as he also noticed Discord. “YOU! You must be the ones Soundwave told us about! You were the ones who neutralized Megatron!”

“And that abomination of a vermin is here too!” Cyclonus hatefully added, pointing at Discord. “You will pay for humiliating us like that!”

“Hey, the name is Discord! DIS-CORD! Thank you very much!” Discord scolded, offended by Cyclonus’ derogatory comments. “And second of all, we will kindly ask you to step aside. We have a poor foal to rescue.”

The two Decepticons looked at each other puzzled until they thought of an idea. Grinning evilly, they loaded their weapons. “If you want to get to Soundwave, you’re gonna have to deal with us first,” Blackout said.

“I’ll deal with this ‘Discord’ fellow; you can take on the rest of these fools,” Cyclonus ordered. Raising his purple swords in the air, he narrowed his optics on his prey. “I’ve been looking forward to this.”

Discord snapped his fingers to summon a sword of the same size as Cyclonus’ swords. Thus, both got into a duel while Blackout began to fight the other heroes.

“Autobots, attack!” Rodimus commanded, grabbing his bow and Energon arrows. He and Hot Shot fired their shots on Blackout; however, they did little damage to his armor plating except dent a few spots on his arms. He activated his rotor blades and swung them at Rodimus and Hot Shot. Twilight and Starlight fired their magical spells on him. He then angrily swung his blades toward them as well; before they could hit them, they teleported away.

Blackout knocked Ironhide to the ground and attempted to pound him down, but the latter covered himself in iron plating to prevent any damage. Blackout tried very hard to punch him hard but couldn’t do it. As he was distracted, Red Alert activated her electrical whips and wrapped them around his legs. They electrocuted Blackout so severely he fell on the ground. Groaning in pain, he raised his machine gun and fired on the Autobots. They ran off for cover, but Brawn deflected the bullets and smashed his machine gun to pieces.

“Enough playing around, Decepti-creep! Where is Soundwave?!” Brawn harshly demanded.

Cyclonus and Discord continued duking it out with neither opponent giving up or backing down. “So... care to tell me what the big bad Soundwave is planning? Hm?” Discord calmly asked, effortlessly dodging the deadly swipes.

“Never! Arghhhh!!” Cyclonus wildly yelled as he finally sliced off Discord’s tail. He wickedly smiled in satisfaction. But to his bewilderment, Discord nonchalantly grew another tail like it was nothing. “HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!?”

“You see, Decepticons like you always underestimate the power of Equestrian magic,” Discord smugly lectured. “I’m so lucky these ponies have me as their helpful friend and ally! Of course, my dear friend Fluttershy appreciates me the most.”

After he heard these words, Cyclonus started thinking. “So... this disgusting creature has friends, eh? Fluttershy? Hmm, I still have Soundwave’s orders to carry out. I wonder if I can use this for the Decepticons’ advantage.” After he quickly thought of a plan, he began to take action.

Cyclonus chuckled in apparent amusement. This got Discord’s attention as he wondered why he was suddenly laughing. “What’s so funny?”

“Oh, nothing. I just have fond memories of being in that world of yours. It’s a really fun place indeed,” Cyclonus claimed.

Discord widened his eyes in shock.
“But how is that possible? You weren’t even there!”

“You’re wrong, organic. I may not have been with Megatron, but I was in that world. I was hiding in secret just to see if there was anything useful to discover. Unfortunately, I forgot where to locate it since it’s been stellar cycles after departing from that planet. Thankfully, you come from that place and can teleport to wherever you go. You might as well take me there; after all, I know exactly where Fluttershy lives,” Cyclonus lied. “I am looking forward to seeing her again.”

“NO! You leave her alone!” Discord shouted.

“Unless you want to see her in one piece, I suggest you take me to Equestria. Don’t worry... I won’t hurt anyone there. It will be just a friendly visitation. If you do anything stupid, I will change my mind,” he threatened. “I have bombs there ready for detonation. Stand down and take me there.”

Discord tried really hard to remain strong. But the very thought of Fluttershy getting hurt made him very scared. Not wanting any harm to come upon her, Discord bowed his head in defeat. “Fine...” He snapped his fingers to teleport himself and Cyclonus to Equestria.

The ponies, Spike, and the Autobots finished defeating Blackout and putting stasis cuffs on him. “Great job, team. You all did very well,” Rodimus complimented.

“Hey, where’s Discord?” Spike asked. They all looked around to see both him and Cyclonus gone. This instantly put the ponies to a panic.

“Oh, no! I think that other Decepticon managed to capture Discord! They’re both gone!” Twilight cried.

“That’s not possible! Discord could’ve just snapped his servos to instantly appear here! Where did they go?” Ironhide asked.

“Great, first we lose Rumble and now Discord?! Can this day get any worse?” Starlight added.

Blackout evilly chuckled in amusement. “You organics are so short-sighted, aren’t you? You have no idea what Soundwave is planning for both this planet and your pathetic little world!”

Celestia and Luna fiercely glared at the cuffed Decepticon. “Where is Rumble? Where is Soundwave hiding?”

“And what exactly is Soundwave planning?” Luna added.

At that moment, Soundwave burst through the road pavement; he floated in the air with his visor glowing menacingly. “Autobots and ponies, prepare to meet your destruction!” he bellowed. His enemies gasped in surprise whereas Blackout silently chuckled at their reaction.

“WHERE THE HAY IS MY LITTLE BROTHER?! WHERE IS HE?!” Thunderlane angrily shouted.

Soundwave did not respond. He continued gazing on the ponies and especially on Twilight. Remembering how that her voice is similar to the voice of his worst enemy, he resumed his attempts to fully annihilate her for good. “Ravage, deploy. Operation: Extermination!” Ravage then ejected out of his chest compartment and transformed to panther mode. He growled at his prey before loading his mounted blasters.

“LET’S SPLIT UP!” Twilight ordered. The Equestrians split up into three groups: Twilight ran with Spike; Starlight with Thunderlane; and Celestia with Luna. They all flew/ran off to different directions. Thus, Ravage looked to either group before deciding to chase Twilight and Spike.

Soundwave then faced Team Athenia; The Autobots glared at their new enemy in their battle stances. “You must be Soundwave the ponies spoke about,” said Rodimus.

“Correct, Autobot. I am Soundwave, the Chief Revolutionary,” he replied.

“We have orders from the Elite Guard to take you down,” said Red Alert. “Plus, we know that you’re hiding Rumble somewhere. Where is he?”

“That is of no concern to you, Autobot. You will all be destroyed before you shall witness the Decepticons’ final victory. Laserbeak, deploy! Operation: Autobot Destruction!” Soundwave commanded. Laserbeak likewise ejected out of his chest and transformed to guitar mode. He landed on Soundwave’s hands.

He played the loud music which emitted laser waves. They struck the Autobots into the air before they landed hard on the ground. Rodimus shot Energon arrows at his guitar to disable the music. Laserbeak screeched in pain until he transformed to hawk mode.

Soundwave grabbed his plasma blasters and began shooting at his opponents. The plasma waves tore through the streets and forced the Autobots to jump out of the way; they barely missed the shots. He fired more blasts at them and also at the fleeing ponies.

Ravage pursued Twilight and Spike all the way to Sumdac Tower. He fired his missiles at them; Twilight fired back at them which caused an explosion. Ravage jumped through the smoke and continued his pursuit.

“How are we gonna lose that thing?! We’re not gonna make it!” Spike yelled.

“Just keep running!” Twilight urged.

Then they found themselves surrounded by razor-sharp musical notes with Ravage just behind them both. The Decepticon cat prepared himself to destroy his prey.

Suddenly, his musical notes were swiftly cut in half by someone. Confused, he turned around to see who it was. What he met was a blue hammer to the face. The powerful strike flew him across the street. He crashed against a brick wall and fell down wounded.

“Whoa! Who did that?” Spike asked.

“I did!” a similar voice proudly spoke.

However, he looked back at Twilight with a confused expression. “You did? But you’re right here!”

“Um... that wasn’t me, Spike. That has to be...” the alicorn replied right before she laid her eyes on a bipedal robotic figure. She removed her face mask and revealed herself as a teenage girl with red hair and light blue pupils. “... somepony else?”

“Hello there... talking horse and... talking dragon?” the girl greeted. “I... don’t think I’ve seen you around here.”

“We’re just... visiting this planet. (Clears throat) My name is Twilight Sparkle from Equestria, and this is Spike. Thank you for saving our lives!”

“Yeah, you were wicked cool in beating that Decepticon like that! What’s your name?” Spike asked.

“I’m Sari Sumdac. Wait... your voice sounds almost exactly like mine! How can that be?”

“Huh... no wonder Soundwave compared me to you. But I guess it’s just a coincidence that our voices sound exactly the same.” Twilight nervously smiled.

“Wait... Soundwave is here?!” Sari exclaimed. “He’s back?!”

“He’s planning to take over your planet and ours! We have to stop him!” Spike said. “Can you help us?”

“Yes, I’ll let my friends know about this! They can help you too,” Sari replied.

Soundwave suddenly landed in front of the trio. “Sari Sumdac, your extinction is imminent. You will be destroyed once and for all!”